Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Seeing the Abulhool, a strong contender for 'most bizarre Gundam outside G', get animated was cool, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Field 4, MOUNTAIN!

I love the new battle voice.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
The guy who is doing the stage announcements is just having the best time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man.

Star Winning Gundam owns and Fumina is easily the most interesting to watch fight, but Yuuma did pretty good this episode too.

In comparison what a wet fart Sekai is.

Gasp. It turns out his rival's motivation is the age-old "M-master didn't teach me the ultimate secret move. I'm out" motivation. Sekai makes a bunch of generic statements about how he'll show him. How exciting. Honestly this episode just underlines how goddamn boring Sekai's everything is.

It also sort of sends a weird message. I was really expecting Build Burning to get stolen but... no. Everyone just shows up and stops Junya. And then it turns out Junya had his own Gundam that he tuned up himself which is also capable of replicating the Try Burning mode. It's very 'meh.'

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

Man.

Star Winning Gundam owns and Fumina is easily the most interesting to watch fight, but Yuuma did pretty good this episode too.

In comparison what a wet fart Sekai is.

Gasp. It turns out his rival's motivation is the age-old "M-master didn't teach me the ultimate secret move. I'm out" motivation. Sekai makes a bunch of generic statements about how he'll show him. How exciting. Honestly this episode just underlines how goddamn boring Sekai's everything is.

It also sort of sends a weird message. I was really expecting Build Burning to get stolen but... no. Everyone just shows up and stops Junya. And then it turns out Junya had his own Gundam that he tuned up himself which is also capable of replicating the Try Burning mode. It's very 'meh.'

Sweet, we're gonna watch two expert martial artists duke it out in a brawl to the dea- oh they're just breaking out the stock Jigen Haoh moves at eachother. The same ones at the same time, no-less, when you could've at least shown something decent with them countering one super-move with another. :effort:.

Also that scene of Sekai talking with his sister was perfectly fine character-building. For Mirai. Seriously, she's shown far more personality and had more character-building than the show's main character.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sweet, we're gonna watch two expert martial artists duke it out in a brawl to the dea- oh they're just breaking out the stock Jigen Haoh moves at eachother. The same ones at the same time, no-less, when you could've at least shown something decent with them countering one super-move with another. :effort:.

Also that scene of Sekai talking with his sister was perfectly fine character-building. For Mirai. Seriously, she's shown far more personality and had more character-building than the show's main character.

I got the impression that that was just the initial sparring as they sounded each other out. We started seeing some cooler stuff with the robot MMA, and it seems that next episode is where they properly go all-out. Should be some better robot punching then.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Junya's fighting style is far more interesting than Sekai's.

His Gundam is the worst though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Actually you know what'd make next episode work?

If Sekai just straight-up can't beat Junya at all and then Junya gets his face pushed in when he realizes he's 3v1 against a Top 8 team. And it becomes a lesson about how friendship is power instead of Sekai going "This Build Burning Gundam... and my feelings... JIGEN HAOH! SEKAI-HA TENKYOKEN" and punching his feelings into Junya so Junya goes "So this is the true essence of Jigen Haoh! No wonder master chose him!" Meanwhile Fumina and Yuuma stand to the sidelines and nod, or possibly get briefly owned to show off Junya's burning mode.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

Actually you know what'd make next episode work?

If Sekai just straight-up can't beat Junya at all and then Junya gets his face pushed in when he realizes he's 3v1 against a Top 8 team. And it becomes a lesson about how friendship is power instead of Sekai going "This Build Burning Gundam... and my feelings... JIGEN HAOH! SEKAI-HA TENKYOKEN" and punching his feelings into Junya so Junya goes "So this is the true essence of Jigen Haoh! No wonder master chose him!" Meanwhile Fumina and Yuuma stand to the sidelines and nod, or possibly get briefly owned to show off Junya's burning mode.

They fight eachother to a Fellini-vs-SBS-level standstill, and then Yuuma walks the Lightning Gundam over to shoot the Denial Gundam in the face.

My money's on them just going for the old Bruce Lee quote as the Big Truth though;

Bruce Lee posted:

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 18, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

God, I hope that happens.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

GimmickMan posted:

Junya's fighting style is far more interesting than Sekai's.

His Gundam is the worst though.

Is that sarcasm? It feels like sarcasm.

Fumina continues to be the best builder.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I'm glad to see Junya's Gundam has the dumb Full Metal Panic hair gimmick.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also this week's subs are kinda stuffed to the gills with typos

Caros
May 14, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

IWhat are you talking about?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

The actual translation seemed lower quality too. Like the phrasing and so-on was noticable more stilted. I wonder if they got the episode late and had to rush it through editing.

TheManSeries posted:

I'm glad to see Junya's Gundam has the dumb Full Metal Panic hair gimmick.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bit of a run of clunky episodes, hopefully it picks up when the only teams left are ones worth caring about and that European kid.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Hey guys we set up a really okay story beat and an obvious way to make the heel a threat should we go ahead and do that? Nah let's just have the good guys not have to deal with any inconvenience and just roll with the bad guy just having a super good robot.

OK episode aside from the WWE writing. Good to see Sleggar again, as it always is.

Also was it just me or were there a LOT of typos this week?

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 18, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

The actual translation seemed lower quality too. Like the phrasing and so-on was noticable more stilted. I wonder if they got the episode late and had to rush it through editing.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

I think it's meant to be the Nobell Gundam's Berserker Mode.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If they don't show us which G Gundam character their master is I'm going to have an aneurism. Why make them constantly in shadow if they're not going to show up at some point?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Swagger Dagger posted:

Bit of a run of clunky episodes, hopefully it picks up when the only teams left are ones worth caring about and that European kid.

The European kid is going to end up jobbing to the Celestial Sphere so they have someone dramatic to fight beforehand, unless they throw us a curve and have Tryon-3 do it. (Which would be kind of depressing although I assume Yuuma and Sakai would have an exhibition battle to make up for it.)

Ethiser posted:

If they don't show us which G Gundam character their master is I'm going to have an aneurism. Why make them constantly in shadow if they're not going to show up at some point?

So they can imply a Domon-like character without using actual Domon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also was it just me or were there a LOT of typos this week?

Caros posted:

IWhat are you talking about?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

quote:

Will they fight one-on-one?
What the gently caress do you think Shimon? Of coure they loving will.

Oh god they're loving serious with Sekai and Junya yelling Jigen Haoh Ryu at each other aren't they.

And loving dammit did Yuuma and Fumina seriously decide not to help Sekai because he's their "ace".

This episode is hitting all of my pet peeves about this show and anime fighting one after the other really hard.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 18, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ActionZero posted:

Oh god they're loving serious with Sekai and Junya yelling Jigen Haoh Ryu at each other aren't they.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

The European kid is going to end up jobbing to the Celestial Sphere so they have someone dramatic to fight beforehand, unless they throw us a curve and have Tryon-3 do it. (Which would be kind of depressing although I assume Yuuma and Sakai would have an exhibition battle to make up for it.)

So they can imply a Domon-like character without using actual Domon.

Yeah isn't Not-Domon actually like maybe 12 at this point. We saw him last season building a gunpla WITH THE HELP OF KYOJI!

ActionZero posted:

They yell all that poo poo but no one, not even Shimon, shouted DEMPSY ROLL! Those fuckers.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Next Ep Preview posted:

Sekai, we'll leave it all to you!
I don't want to watch the next episode. Everything about Sekai and Junya and Jigen Haoh Ryu in this episode has acted as a fun vacuum and it's just...

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 18, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Count me in on the "hoping Sekai gets his rear end beat so maybe he'll finally get some character development" train. But also on the "that's probably not going to happen because Sekai is boring as hell" train.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Poison Mushroom posted:

Count me in on the "hoping Sekai gets his rear end beat so maybe he'll finally get some character development" train. But also on the "that's probably not going to happen because Sekai is boring as hell" train.

This episode was supposed to be Sekai's character development, and look how that worked out :sigh:.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know, let's talk about something positive instead.

Star Winning Gundam owns. "Haha, I've got your gimmick down. You're vulnerable while transfoohgodmyface!"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Star Winning Gundam owns. "Haha, I've got your gimmick down. You're vulnerable while transfoohgodmyface!"
Okay, yeah, that was great, and really illustrated just how much she's changed. In the first half of the series, it would have been a sure thing that she'd be either punked, or Yuuma would have to rescue her. Now, I was half-expecting Fumina to rescue him. :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

The Star Winning's one of my favourite new designs from Build Fighters Try :allears:. Yuuma's fight? He ditches the backpack and shoots his rifle :effort:. Fumina? She loving kicks with the Real Mode Legs, then ejects the feet to melt the motherfucker with the Bit's cannons :black101:.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Did Junya just try to tear Sekai's neck out via Gunpla in the preview?

I like to think the wind was really bad on that cliff and Master just straight up couldn't hear Junya's whining over it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
you guys sure are complaining al ot for an episode where a robot did a dempsey roll

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

quote:

MRX-010 Psyco Gundam Mk-II (Zeta)
AMX-014 Döven Wolf (ZZ)
ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam (SEED)
GNY-003 Gundam Abulhool (00P)
LM111E03+SD-VB03A Gunblaster + Overhang pack (V)

Technically the last one is a custom, but man that dude didn't even try. The Justice in Freedom colors was pretty cute though.

Yuuma's fight was pretty incomprehensible. The Abulhool pulls a Cobra to get behind the Lightning, so Yuuma... fires all thrusters at once? I assumed he was trying to brake or do some crazy turn but instead he just shoots the Lightning forward? And then he ends up really high in the air??? And then he just lands safely????????

The Stock Footage Fight was pretty funny, and I actually kind of cheered when the Denial (where the hell did that even come from) actually started throwing out punches. The ridiculous super mode was hilarious too.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Level Slide posted:

Did Junya just try to tear Sekai's neck out via Gunpla in the preview?

I like to think the wind was really bad on that cliff and Master just straight up couldn't hear Junya's whining over it.

He wasn't yelling with his fist. That's how you get Domontheir master to listen.

Also "Denial Gundam?" More like SephirothGokuDarkness The ColdsteelStampedeXx666xX Gundam. Could that thing be any more Deviantart?

At least Fumina's still being pretty kickass.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The Star Winning is the second best suit in all of BFT, and I can't wait for hlj to ship it out.

The best is the Tryon 3, natch.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

The Stock Footage Fight was pretty funny, and I actually kind of cheered when the Denial (where the hell did that even come from) actually started throwing out punches. The ridiculous super mode was hilarious too.

The fight would be like 33% better if they just didn't feel the need to scream 'JIGEN HAOH RYU' just before they do the move.

Yes, we get it. You studied at Jigen Haoh. We know

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Look man, you gotta call your attacks. That is how these things work. :colbert:

Anyway, the best part of this episode was probably all the new music. I'm glad we're finally getting to the OST 2 stuff.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

BlitzBlast posted:

Technically the last one is a custom, but man that dude didn't even try. The Justice in Freedom colors was pretty cute though.

Yuuma's fight was pretty incomprehensible. The Abulhool pulls a Cobra to get behind the Lightning, so Yuuma... fires all thrusters at once? I assumed he was trying to brake or do some crazy turn but instead he just shoots the Lightning forward? And then he ends up really high in the air??? And then he just lands safely????????

I believe that he was actually using forward thrusters to apply brakes to the backpack which would let him separate but maintain his current momentum on his suit, which he then used to get into his opponent's blind spot while he was busy shooting the backpack

Has Sekai done a single normal punch/kick the entire series without having to yell out an attack name? If not, that is the most useless martial art ever.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

It's like they're trying to make Sekai the most boring character on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Khisanth Magus posted:

I believe that he was actually using forward thrusters to apply brakes to the backpack which would let him separate but maintain his current momentum on his suit, which he then used to get into his opponent's blind spot while he was busy shooting the backpack

Has Sekai done a single normal punch/kick the entire series without having to yell out an attack name? If not, that is the most useless martial art ever.

During the Shimon fight at least

• Locked thread