Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

pandaK posted:

You guys are all wrong because Season is one of the few maps that does contrast right. Like the only possible sight line that I could ever find any issue with is maybe on lower B if you're trying to look at T-side upper that has a ton of visual noise from the tree leaves outside.

This. Season is perfect visually. My only complaint is that it's a little too big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Faceit gonna kick your door in.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

bpower posted:

Faceit gonna kick your door in.

:laffo:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
The only gripe I have with Season is upper B from lower. The background is noisy as gently caress, and it doesn't help that I'm already handicapped because of my deficient color vision.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

LEt them come. I'll practice noscoping through doors irl

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Get_right you idiot, you're supposed to do your match fixing bets on an alt account:

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Feb 18, 2015

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
VP 28%? That's a nice bet.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

kcer posted:

Yep, I was surprised by those odds. they have similar win rates on overpass, but vp have a lot more matches played on it. Not to mention vp are playing great recently.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I can't wait until someone totally breaks Faceit's weirdo points reward system and orders a couple dozen ugly as sin custom FIAT 500s.

If their ToS is that badly written, the rest of their site probably is too.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

kcer posted:

This. Hell, CW at 12% is good for bunch of 5 cent skins, too.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Katana Gomai posted:

This. Hell, CW at 12% is good for bunch of 5 cent skins, too.

Dunno man, I don't think CPHW could even win 1 game in 10 against fnatic on d2. Some massive luck and starting CT on nuke or cbble...maybe.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
Got in a game last night with a coupe of goons on nuke and got shat all over by some dude who received like $250 worth of skins right when the game kicked off. was nice to see people in the novas actually using flashbangs and poo poo though, and reminds me that i need to get a go:ons invite at some point.

i still have supremely bad timing with flashbangs though. i find myself pretty much only using them during a coordinated site assault, because every single time i try to flash in a 1v1 situation i just get rushed down and wrecked, or i totally biff the throw and flash the crap out of myself. essentially, i find it much more effective to just hold the corner with my gun. i guess that just comes down to practice.

Also, it sucks that the one game that i really want to watch from the Katowice qualifiers (Titan v. PITeR) didn't get posted on the ESL twitch archives. you get a loving quad overtime game and you don't post it?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Allu playing with NiP tonight. :vince:

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

The Blue Caboose posted:

Got in a game last night with a coupe of goons on nuke and got shat all over by some dude who received like $250 worth of skins right when the game kicked off. was nice to see people in the novas actually using flashbangs and poo poo though, and reminds me that i need to get a go:ons invite at some point.

i still have supremely bad timing with flashbangs though. i find myself pretty much only using them during a coordinated site assault, because every single time i try to flash in a 1v1 situation i just get rushed down and wrecked, or i totally biff the throw and flash the crap out of myself. essentially, i find it much more effective to just hold the corner with my gun. i guess that just comes down to practice.

Also, it sucks that the one game that i really want to watch from the Katowice qualifiers (Titan v. PITeR) didn't get posted on the ESL twitch archives. you get a loving quad overtime game and you don't post it?

I gave up throwing impromptu flashes in 1 v 1s a long time ago. If its a set flash you've thrown before, great, but if its close quarters, say in Radio on Nuke, then they just get me killed. The worst is when you've a bunch of dead people screaming "use your nades!!!!"

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Gristley Bear posted:

I thought I was the only one that hates the blindingly bright walls.

It's a little too bright. I like their move of making it brighter but I don't like looking at the surface of the sun.

The Blue Caboose posted:

Got in a game last night with a coupe of goons on nuke and got shat all over by some dude who received like $250 worth of skins right when the game kicked off.

Boostin still alive and real boys

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 18, 2015

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Any of you guys stream frequently / have some tips on setting up obs to make it not look god awful? I'm trying to set-up some way for us to at least watch the tournament games / cast them.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

bpower posted:

I gave up throwing impromptu flashes in 1 v 1s a long time ago. If its a set flash you've thrown before, great, but if its close quarters, say in Radio on Nuke, then they just get me killed. The worst is when you've a bunch of dead people screaming "use your nades!!!!"

When I first got back into CS:GO after leaving it to rot for years I joined a comp game of d2 and people were screaming at me to flash the top ramp, but I got really confused instead and died. Flashes are hard to use and it's hard to judge when they're useful since sometimes you'll flash, run out and see the guy is partially blinded and get gunned down instantly by him anyway.

e: If you're looking for help with streaming I'd say join a goon IRC or voicechat so you can get real-time feedback on stuff like how loud your voice and sounds are, if your video is working right, or how terrible your skins are, and tweak it and test it until it all works.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 18, 2015

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Kwilty posted:

Any of you guys stream frequently / have some tips on setting up obs to make it not look god awful? I'm trying to set-up some way for us to at least watch the tournament games / cast them.

Why not just tell people to use gotv?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Kwilty posted:

I stream CSGO regularly if you want to shoot me a PM i'd be happy to share with you my settings and some examples.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
God drat , that KennyS clutch.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
i opened the stream right as it started holy poo poo

E: hold the site goddamn

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko

bpower posted:

God drat , that KennyS clutch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcR7hkkKA10

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

bpower posted:

It annoys me when the whole round goes to hell and takes/retakes are weakened because people die with $1200 of Nades or blow them all ineffectively

Using Nades in 1v1 is fine, and like a lot of poo poo in cs, depends on the situation :wth:

I don't think you're dying to rush down because 1v1 nades it's because that's pretty much all anyone does

E- for gentleness

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 18, 2015

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
I feel like I've lost a lot of 1v1s because I ignored the window for Nades and the aim duel/situation wasn't in my favor

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

I feel like I've lost a lot of 1v1s because I ignored the window for Nades and the aim duel/situation wasn't in my favor

This was what I was thinking. A lot of people in 1v1's tend to think that the action is going to happen right away. This tends to lead to missed audio queues and lack of foresight into where the enemy is, culminating in late flash throws.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
Turk Lou etc is that lan going to be streamed/castes? I wanna watch

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

One of the issues in 1v1 is if the other person doesn't know where you are a nade is a sure way to give away your position. One of the only times I might nade 1v1 when the other guy doesnt know where I am exactly is when defending a bomb that has been planted, otherwise if bomb isnt down and time isn't running out soon try and be sneaky.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Turk Lou etc is that lan going to be streamed/castes? I wanna watch

I want to say that Lou said it would be. I hope it has camera angles on us so you can see how hungover our team will be from the night before. That's the REAL party.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Maniac needs to kick rocks. Titan could be so much better.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
#freekennyS

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

The Blue Caboose posted:

I never bet before. I had some penny skins I didnt care about and werent worth trading up, so I bet them on this match. On Piter.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Fauxshiz posted:

Maniac needs to kick rocks. Titan could be so much better.

Maniac is gonna be the Fifflaren of 2015, watch Titan go completely off the rails once he's gone

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
why is it that I see a lot of pro players/streams rocking a keyboard that's tilted all to gently caress? That seems like a really uncomfortable way to play.

ex:

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
i think usually it's a holdover from when they had no space at LANs so learned to play that way.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Shoxi basically has it perpendicular to his monitor.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
:siren:Calling all Silvers:siren:

Let's do some matchmaking this weekend! Despite top fragging my team for the last seven games I have lost 6 and tied 1, because Silver II strats are apparently shoot left or right of enemies by 10+ feet and plant the bomb and leave the site.
Like kennyS I can only carry so much :smug:, please save me from ELO hell. Add me /id/Paintballer98

Note: Unlike goonpugs where I frequently go 5-20, I can actually get 20+ kills in Silver MM.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Suran37 posted:

:siren:Calling all Silvers:siren:

Let's do some matchmaking this weekend! Despite top fragging my team for the last seven games I have lost 6 and tied 1, because Silver II strats are apparently shoot left or right of enemies by 10+ feet and plant the bomb and leave the site.
Like kennyS I can only carry so much :smug:, please save me from ELO hell. Add me /id/Paintballer98

Note: Unlike goonpugs where I frequently go 5-20, I can actually get 20+ kills in Silver MM.

Hey, those are my strats and it placed me at Silver 6 where I frequently go 5-20 :shepface:

What the hell is the secret on dust to shooting CTs from T spawn with an AWP anyway? It seems like every T's goal is to get an AWP so they can shoot down mid, miss, and die to a counter-sniper.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
Can anyone think of why Steam will not let me add any friends? I'm nowhere near maxed out and keep getting "error please try again later". It's been happening on and off for weeks and now it seems its stuck like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Apparition posted:

Can anyone think of why Steam will not let me add any friends? I'm nowhere near maxed out and keep getting "error please try again later". It's been happening on and off for weeks and now it seems its stuck like that.

Delete clientregistry.blob

• Locked thread