Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Naky posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35262/

You're using this loader for the 4GB exe right? It's the one NVSE's website recommends.

I'm using it now.

This is so strange. If I go into the /New Vegas folder and just run the NV4GB.exe from there, it works fine. My resolution works, DarnUI is working, and by extension I know that NVSE is working if DarnUI is working. *Something* about how MO is trying to run FNV4GB.exe through the combobox is just hosed. I wonder if I should only use MO for mod management and make a NV4GB.exe shortcut on my desktop, and no longer start the game through MO.

CJacobs posted:

Dumb question: When you're trying to modify the exe, are you running the program as an administrator?

I right clicked it and went to properties, security tab, and I gave all users FULL access to the .exe. Still won't work when running through the MO combobox.

And my Nevada Skies still isn't working :(

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I right clicked it and went to properties, security tab, and I gave all users FULL access to the .exe. Still won't work when running through the MO combobox.
Is MO running as admin?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Seashell Salesman posted:

Is MO running as admin?

As far as I know? Is there a way to make it always run as admin?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

As far as I know? Is there a way to make it always run as admin?

Either right click -> Run as Administrator or right click -> properties -> compatibility -> check 'run this program as an administrator'. The latter will make the executable run as admin by default. If you don't get a request for elevation when you launch MO, then you aren't running as admin.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Either right click -> Run as Administrator or right click -> properties -> compatibility -> check 'run this program as an administrator'. The latter will make the executable run as admin by default. If you don't get a request for elevation when you launch MO, then you aren't running as admin.

I have done that now, and I get the elevation request. However, running the game through the combobox using the FNV4GB.exe still gives me the access denied error, but this time after a 10 second 'Loading Game' box comes up.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I wonder if I should only use MO for mod management and make a NV4GB.exe shortcut on my desktop, and no longer start the game through MO.
Unfortunately, that won't work, since MO's magic voodoo involves creating a fake Data folder that it tricks the game (or any other program you start through MO) into using. Run the game normally outside of MO, and it will act like that MO configuration doesn't exist.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Unfortunately, that won't work, since MO's magic voodoo involves creating a fake Data folder that it tricks the game (or any other program you start through MO) into using. Run the game normally outside of MO, and it will act like that MO configuration doesn't exist.

Something in MO is hosed then. I have both FNV4GB.exe and MO.exe checked as run as administrator. MO will work fine, but when I try to run FNV4GB.exe through the MO combobox it doesn't work. Do I need to move FNV4GB.exe to another file directory?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

shouldn't the fnv4gb.exe thing be creating an exe folder that places a copy of it and the falloutnv.exe? or is that only old versions or with fomm?

CJacobs posted:

This reminds me of those incredibly obviously photoshopped screencaps you see on store preview pages for :airquote:next-gen:airquote: video games, where everything has blown out colors and crazy harsh SSAO and post-effects and so on.

yo bro i got them fallout 4 leaks

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Fereydun posted:

:eyepop:

I've been thinking about uninstalling this, but poo poo like that just pulls me back in.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Fereydun posted:

shouldn't the fnv4gb.exe thing be creating an exe folder that places a copy of it and the falloutnv.exe? or is that only old versions or with fomm?

I don't loving know anymore. Here's what I do know:

*I'm using Windows 8.1
*NVSE and FNV4GB.exe won't work if I launch them in the MO combobox. This means the DarnUI won't work, but every other mod will. WHy?
*NVSE will launch the game in MO, but it doesn't actually extend any scripts. DarnUI is hosed up. None of my other mods seem to work either outside of MO.

The million-dollar question seems to be what is it about NVSE and FNV4GB.exe that do not want to work inside of the Mod organizer combo box OR what is wrong with the MO combo box that doesn't allow the NVSE or fnv4gb.exe to work?

MO is loving something up. I have put my New Vegas game in the best conceivable location outside of the Program Files folder and it still isn't being allowed to operate properly. It's so problematic and non-functional I'd be willing to buy a plat upgrade for someone to remote desktop in and see what the gently caress is going on. I've spent the last 3 hours after work trying to get this to function and it simply won't. MO is actively working against me and I simply can't. You guys have been real supportive and helpful and patient putting up with my despondent self but this is becoming an anti-game: it's actively frustrating me.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 18, 2015

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

I have zero problems with Program Files under Windows 8 and 8.1 and 10 will be identical in that regard. I don't do anything special and I don't know where this mythology about that one directory comes from. Having to elevate to do stuff isn't a bug or an problem.
I didn't either with F:NV but FO3 refused to play nice until I installed it in C: on Win 8.1

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Fereydun posted:

Someone converted the Bianchi LMG to Fallout New Vegas?

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

*I'm using Windows 8.1
*NVSE and FNV4GB.exe won't work if I launch them in the MO combobox. This means the DarnUI won't work, but every other mod will. WHy?
*NVSE will launch the game in MO, but it doesn't actually extend any scripts. DarnUI is hosed up. None of my other mods seem to work either outside of MO.

MO is loving something up. I have put my New Vegas game in the best conceivable location outside of the Program Files folder and it still isn't being allowed to operate properly. It's so problematic and non-functional I'd be willing to buy a plat upgrade for someone to remote desktop in and see what the gently caress is going on. I've spent the last 3 hours after work trying to get this to function and it simply won't. MO is actively working against me and I simply can't. You guys have been real supportive and helpful and patient putting up with my despondent self but this is becoming an anti-game: it's actively frustrating me.

I'm running 8.1 too and the regular FNV4GB doesn't work for me either. I had to use:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

I had to patch both NVSE_loader.exe and FalloutNV.exe for it to work properly.

I don't use MO, so I can't really say anything there.

Edit: patch program also found at:
http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Double edit: then you run the game by launching nvse_loader.exe

Mosnar fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 18, 2015

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Fereydun posted:

wait are those shelves naturally destructible?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

JawKnee posted:

wait are those shelves naturally destructible?

No, there are a few mods to do this. This is maybe Destruction Overhaul RELOADED?

e: see it in action here at 14:00 onwards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNTfG8emJno

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Woolie Wool posted:

Someone converted the Bianchi LMG to Fallout New Vegas?

I did, ages ago. For The Armory.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

*I'm using Windows 8.1

The million-dollar question seems to be what is it about NVSE and FNV4GB.exe that do not want to work inside of the Mod organizer combo box OR what is wrong with the MO combo box that doesn't allow the NVSE or fnv4gb.exe to work?

Go to your edit binaries menu of MO, select 4GB or whatever you called it and then add to the arguments box "-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe" WITHOUT quotes, then hit modify and then close the window and run FNV4GB through MO again.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Justifiably frustrated rant.

If you don't mind me asking, have you angered any wizards lately?
Or any magic being, really.

Because it kinda sounds like you've been cursed.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 18, 2015

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Hey, where should I put plugins for NVSE? Since it installs to the main game folder and doesn't offer any subfolders, should I put plugins in the main folder? Or is there someplace else? Couldn't find it in the readme.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

OSheaman posted:

Hey, where should I put plugins for NVSE? Since it installs to the main game folder and doesn't offer any subfolders, should I put plugins in the main folder? Or is there someplace else? Couldn't find it in the readme.

data/nvse/plugins

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Thanks!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I know you probably already know/tried all this but this is how I have it setup and it works for me. Maybe it helps. :)

This is my folder setup, as you can see I have NVSE, MO and everything else just installed to the NV folder:

This how my MO looks when it's ready to go:

This is how I setup the executable, it starts NV4GB like this and detects NVSE on it's own.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

ThaumPenguin posted:

If you don't mind me asking, have you angered any wizards lately?
Or any magic being, really.

Because it kinda sounds like you've been cursed.

Check my post history and look at what I had to deal with in Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I have the worst luck.

BurritoJustice posted:

Go to your edit binaries menu of MO, select 4GB or whatever you called it and then add to the arguments box "-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe" WITHOUT quotes, then hit modify and then close the window and run FNV4GB through MO again.

I'm trying to do this, but whenever I add anything into the binaries line of MO, the Modify button greys out, preventing me from saving the changes. If I close the binary box, it asks me if I want to save the changes, I click yes, but the changes do not save. Anytime I add a single character to the binaries box in MO, the modify button greys out and I can't save it. I tried editing FNVE4GB.exe itself by adding that line, but I can't seem to find the command lines you can edit like in XP. See below.

See how my Modify button is greyed out? It does that anytime I try to add anything to that binaries box.

Zedd posted:

I know you probably already know/tried all this but this is how I have it setup and it works for me. Maybe it helps. :)

This is my folder setup, as you can see I have NVSE, MO and everything else just installed to the NV folder:

This how my MO looks when it's ready to go:

This is how I setup the executable, it starts NV4GB like this and detects NVSE on it's own.

Your works exactly how it's supposed to. FNVE4GB.exe detects NVSE and runs it, while also giving you the benefit of 4GB to play with. Mine for some god damned reason isn't allowing FNV4GB.exe to run, and MO won't run NVSE even when I tell it to in the combobox.

I'm literally about to :mad: :ssj: :ssj: :ssj: :mad:

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 18, 2015

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I misremembered the name of the "modify executables" dialogue as "edit binaries". Don't touch the line that says binary when you pick 4GB in your executables dialogue. You want your binary line to have the location of the FNV4GB .exe, and you want the argument box (a different box two down from binary) to contain the string I pasted earlier. I had to do this to get my MO working with FNV4GB and NSVE.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

BurritoJustice posted:

I misremembered the name of the "modify executables" dialogue as "edit binaries". Don't touch the line that says binary when you pick 4GB in your executables dialogue. You want your binary line to have the location of the FNV4GB .exe, and you want the argument box (a different box two down from binary) to contain the string I pasted earlier. I had to do this to get my MO working with FNV4GB and NSVE.

That got it to work! But now it runs in some hosed up windowed mode at a different resolution, and I don't think it's finding NVSE and running it either, because the DarnUI font isn't present on the main menu. Any idea how I can fix this new problem?

gently caress. Smash one bug, two more crop up.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 18, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Shouldn't DarnUI's fonts be controlled by the fallout.ini and menu .xml files, not NVSE?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
President Goku, try doing this:

The SteamAppId might need fiddling with depending on what version of the game you have.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

That got it to work! But now it runs in some hosed up windowed mode at a different resolution, and I don't think it's finding NVSE and running it either, because the DarnUI font isn't present on the main menu. Any idea how I can fix this new problem?

gently caress. Smash one bug, two more crop up.

Try changing the graphics settings via the normal launcher, either directly from the exe or via MO.

Also, did you add

quote:

[Fonts]
;sFontFile_1=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_Large.fnt
sFontFile_1=Textures\Fonts\DarN_FranKleinBold_14.fnt
;sFontFile_2=Textures\Fonts\Monofonto_Large.fnt
sFontFile_2=Textures\Fonts\DarN_FranKleinBold_16.fnt
sFontFile_3=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_Medium.fnt
;sFontFile_4=Textures\Fonts\Monofonto_VeryLarge02_Dialogs2.fnt
sFontFile_4=Textures\Fonts\DarN_Sui_Generis_Otl_10.fnt
sFontFile_5=Textures\Fonts\Fixedsys_Comp_uniform_width.fnt
;sFontFile_6=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_VL_dialogs.fnt
sFontFile_6=Textures\Fonts\DarN_Sui_Generis_Otl_13.fnt
;sFontFile_7=Textures\Fonts\Baked-in_Monofonto_Large.fnt
sFontFile_7=Textures\Fonts\DarN_Libel_Suit_Otl_24.fnt
sFontFile_8=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Futura_Caps_La

To MO's version of the Fallout.ini?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

It's really strange reading about PRESIDENT GOKU's problems, having just a few weeks ago re-installed F:NV and installed mods using EssArrBee's excellent guide for Mod Organizer. The only problems I've had so far are some crashes that have, weirdly enough, only occurred when I play the game in windowed mode. I guess it speaks to this whole ordeal that even on a seemingly "perfect" install, New Vegas will still bug out in the most random of ways.

Also, y'all should check out UI Organizer; basically does all the work of managing all these dang UI mods (including modifying xml and ini lines) for you.

edit: :science: :lorefriendlywizard:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 18, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I think Goku did anger a wizard. I remember those VTMB posts. And now this? Clearly, a wizard.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Check my post history and look at what I had to deal with in Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I have the worst luck.

I'm trying to do this, but whenever I add anything into the binaries line of MO, the Modify button greys out, preventing me from saving the changes. If I close the binary box, it asks me if I want to save the changes, I click yes, but the changes do not save. Anytime I add a single character to the binaries box in MO, the modify button greys out and I can't save it. I tried editing FNVE4GB.exe itself by adding that line, but I can't seem to find the command lines you can edit like in XP. See below.

See how my Modify button is greyed out? It does that anytime I try to add anything to that binaries box.

Try changing the text to "-laaexe .FalloutMO.exe". Check if having a space between "exe" and "-laaexe" helps.

If that doesn't work, try replacing ".FalloutMO.exe" with ".ModOrganizer.exe" and see what happens. Because I don't know what will.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 18, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Looking for someone willing to help me script some quests for NPCs I added to the game, please contact me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/rearadmiralredguy

The GECK tutorials are pretty worthless :v:

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
This might be kind of a stupid question, but are the REPCONN Test Site Fixes included in Yukichigai's Unofficial Patch? The page for the REPCONN Test Site fixes says that they are included in YUP, but the YUP page says that they aren't.

Supplemental question, should I even be loving with YUP on a playthrough that I want to be pretty close to stock gameplay-wise? I'm basically shooting for NMC, Improved Sound FX, Weapon Retexture Project, and Nevada Skies (along with stuff like darnified, improved game performance, stutter remover, anti-crash).

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Psion posted:

I think Goku did anger a wizard. I remember those VTMB posts. And now this? Clearly, a wizard.

I forgot about the issues he had with VTMB, clearly we have found the common connection here.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Aside from power armour, combat helmets, and NCR ranger helmets, is there any headwear that takes advantage of Project Nevada's enhanced vision modes?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Aside from power armour, combat helmets, and NCR ranger helmets, is there any headwear that takes advantage of Project Nevada's enhanced vision modes?

Sierra Madre armor and the Vault 34 armor, I think. Possibly also the Hazmat Cowl.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Sierra Madre armor and the Vault 34 armor, I think. Possibly also the Hazmat Cowl.

The ranger variants from Lonesome Road do.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Gyshall posted:

I forgot about the issues he had with VTMB, clearly we have found the common connection here.

Yeah, his computer is haunted. By wizards.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

The ranger variants from Lonesome Road do.

The riot gear helmets are still technically NCR ranger helmets :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

ThaumPenguin posted:

Try changing the graphics settings via the normal launcher, either directly from the exe or via MO.

Also, did you add

To MO's version of the Fallout.ini?

I did put that string of font stuff in the .ini. However, I'm getting the idea that MO isn't allowed to modify or read certain files suddenly.

I checked the Fallout Launcher and it indeed says 1920x1080, which is my normal resolution. This 4GB patch is somehow forcing it into some stupid 1620 letterbox mode. I am at a complete loss as to what to try next. Everything that has been suggested either doesn't work, or works only to cause another problem.

Here's a question:

Why isn't everything on the left side checked with a check mark, and why are they 'Unmanaged'? Could that have something to do with it?

Whenever I try to edit the .ini with the MO organizer, I get an error stating "failed to write to C:/Games/Mod Organizer/profiles/Default/fallout.ini" What in the gently caress is MOs problem?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 19, 2015