Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

graynull posted:

He's back, and might be having xbox live problems. Also, just claimed to be Kim Jong Un.

http://www.twitch.tv/infiltration85

MMM is out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Okay Infiltration wearing an afro screaming "niga" over and over again has to be the highlight of the night.

As he was trying to explain he wasn't saying the other thing.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

mango sentinel posted:

So I guess Street Fighter is gonna be on PS4 this year. People are mad about the stick situation.

Pretty hosed up. Plus what if the port has slowdown? This is capcom we're talking about.

E: also RIP snake eyes, smug, luffy, and many others.

Jmcrofts fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 18, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Infiltration doing USFIV trials, wearing an afro, singing along to Dick in a Box... while his extended family is over for the holidays.

Yeah. :allears:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Jmcrofts posted:

Pretty hosed up. Plus what if the port has slowdown? This is capcom we're talking about.

seriously ps4? Thats hilarious my fightstick would be viable at EVO!

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Sony is paying for it, why would people be shocked that it isn't on a XBox?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

lamentable dustman posted:

Sony is paying for it, why would people be shocked that it isn't on a XBox?

I figured it was more to do with PS3 sticks not working on PS4.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Jmcrofts posted:

Supposedly Sony is handling the port along with Capcom, to ensure that it works ok.

Whether or not it's actually a good port will remain to be seen.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jmcrofts posted:

Does the PS4 not accept DS1/2s through USB like the PS3 does? :pwn:

S.J. posted:

I figured it was more to do with PS3 sticks not working on PS4.

RIP evo 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Pomp posted:

Does the PS4 not accept DS1/2s through USB like the PS3 does? :pwn:

Nope.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Somewhere, Markman is smiling

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
They have months, they'll probably implement some kind of PS3/PS4 driver like Skullgirls did. :shobon: At least that's the hopeful version, it's entirely possible they'll force hands on PS4 sticks, I just don't think they will.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

This may sound like a crazy idea, but what if they played SF5 on a system that supported all sorts of input devices? A Personal Console, if you may call it.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Boy its almost like corporation driven events are total garbage. but they have a lot of money and thats what we all want for fighting games right?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
^^ most people would like to be able to make money for playing in high level competitions, yes, that's true?

Getting enough compatible PCs for setups with identical hardware configurations is so not happening, but keep the dream alive.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

This may sound like a crazy idea, but what if they played SF5 on a system that supported all sorts of input devices? A Personal Console, if you may call it.

Alienware sponsored Level Up (or whatever west coast weekly it was) so its not unprecedented but Evo relies on getting consoles and Sony is willing to provide them and make sure their investment into SF5 works out.

It was cool of Skullgirls team to add in the driver but lol if you think Ultra will get anything similar. Pad warriors unite in 2015.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Caitlin posted:

^^ most people would like to be able to make money for playing in high level competitions, yes, that's true?

It's cool that you think there's anything approaching a consensus on that lol

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Playing on the PS4 is fine. Just make everyone use pads.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Caitlin posted:

Getting enough compatible PCs for setups with identical hardware configurations is so not happening, but keep the dream alive.

I... I'm pretty sure Sony could bring a bunch of identical PCs with them, actually. Yeah. It's not going to happen, but I'd love for this to be a good reason for an update that allowed PS3 sticks on PS4.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

You guys know that the Alienware deal at WNF was a disaster and the regulars hated having to use them over consoles right

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Caitlin posted:

^^ most people would like to be able to make money for playing in high level competitions, yes, that's true

lmao do you seriously give a poo poo if Justin Wong can play video games for a luving

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Caitlin posted:

They have months, they'll probably implement some kind of PS3/PS4 driver like Skullgirls did. :shobon: At least that's the hopeful version, it's entirely possible they'll force hands on PS4 sticks, I just don't think they will.

There is 0% chance PS4 USF4 will support ps3 sticks. Capcom has never cared enough about the players to add things like that, plus they have comarketing deals with MadCatz that they wouldn't want to screw up.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

lmao do you seriously give a poo poo if Justin Wong can play video games for a luving

I care about Infiltration doing so and giving us more of his magical afro-stream

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Jmcrofts posted:

There is 0% chance PS4 USF4 will support ps3 sticks. Capcom has never cared enough about the players to add things like that, plus they have comarketing deals with MadCatz that they wouldn't want to screw up.

Weren't MadCatz pretty pissed that the PS4 doesn't support ps3 sticks since they have a bunch of old stock remaining and the ramp up on TE2s has been slow?

brian posted:

You guys know that the Alienware deal at WNF was a disaster and the regulars hated having to use them over consoles right

There's quite a few reasons why PCs would be better than consoles for tournament use but it doesn't matter because you can't even hot swap controllers in USF4.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 18, 2015

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arzachel posted:

Weren't MadCatz pretty pissed that the PS4 doesn't support ps3 sticks since they have a bunch of old stock remaining and the ramp up on TE2s has been slow?

Ehhh selling PS3 sticks isn't a viable long-term game. They are already pushing PS4 sticks hard

https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/567918603242074113

and multiple new revisions of the PS4 TE are around the corner.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

S.J. posted:

I care about Infiltration doing so and giving us more of his magical afro-stream

If theres one thing to round out the positive development trifecta along with corporate interests it would be an increased popularity of stream celebrities which combines both online play and exclusively spectating.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

look at all these scrubs mad about tournament money

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Putting money into prize pools is great for spectator fgc but it does basically nothing for people who play the game that are not named Justin Wong. The prize pool money doesn't make the games being created any better and it doesn't keep low level players invested in learning the game. It does not even help support the players because the only people with a shot at winning that money are already sponsored or near full time fg players. Its great that they are compensated for their successes and I don't oppose that in itself but I can see why an average fgc fan wouldn't give a poo poo what the numbers end up being at the end.

This is troubling to me because SF5 looks like garbage and Capcom seems to be banking on their brand name and maketing to force a turd into the esports spotlight instead of making a game people would want to play. It could work but I doubt their investment will get much returns unless their only purpose for it is goodwill to their community (LOL).

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

This is funny because PS3 sticks don't work on PC either.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fellblade posted:

Both of my PS3 sticks worked fine on PC.

I think the only ones that caused a bunch of issues were the Round 1 TE sticks.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Jmcrofts posted:

There is 0% chance PS4 USF4 will support ps3 sticks.
#this is for the players

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fellblade posted:

Yes they do.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Both of my PS3 sticks worked fine on PC.

I think the only ones that caused a bunch of issues were the Round 1 TE sticks.

Alright there's my problem.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Ixiggle posted:

Putting money into prize pools is great for spectator fgc but it does basically nothing for people who play the game that are not named Justin Wong. The prize pool money doesn't make the games being created any better and it doesn't keep low level players invested in learning the game. It does not even help support the players because the only people with a shot at winning that money are already sponsored or near full time fg players. Its great that they are compensated for their successes and I don't oppose that in itself but I can see why an average fgc fan wouldn't give a poo poo what the numbers end up being at the end.

We still see new players each year reach new heights. Smug and Pepeday come to mind for 2014. Who knew about Infiltration in 2010? Capcom wants to provide more motivation for these newer players. The average person in the FGC may not benefit, but it could be the push to get a potential new top player to become an actual new top player. More eyes on Street Fighter as spectators should convert in some numbers to more sales too.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

TenaciousJ posted:

We still see new players each year reach new heights. Smug and Pepeday come to mind for 2014. Who knew about Infiltration in 2010? Capcom wants to provide more motivation for these newer players. The average person in the FGC may not benefit, but it could be the push to get a potential new top player to become an actual new top player. More eyes on Street Fighter as spectators should convert in some numbers to more sales too.

Pepeday's been playing since vanilla SFIV and was the best Fuerte in Japan since AE, though. Unless you mean he's a new player in the sense of international majors.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
A more in depth training mode would probably go a long way with new players.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

ToastyPotato posted:

Oh, hey, let's not have this sort of crazy talk here.

Plus, all you need to know to learn SFV is how to dash since moving is glacial. In SFV, dashing is the normal walking speed of other games.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Ideally, more prize money = more interest = more players. And more players means a larger scene and hopefully more local venues with weeklies, plus stuff like WNF Online. It's obviously not as simple or easy as that, but it could happen :shrug:

I know I played FGs way more when we had some weekly goon tournies going for UMvC3 and stuff. If more small time things like that popped up, say at like local bars or other places, it could only be a good thing IMO.

ToastyPotato posted:

Also this, yeah. GGXrd has a good tutorial plus the individual character challenges and then the Missions that teach you the game mechanics, but it's all kind of separate and piecemeal. DOA5 has a decent tutorial, but it's prone to throwing out phrases like "Hi Counter Sit Down Stun Level 3 Critical Strike."

Something like Rocksmith but for FGs would be pretty neat. Start you with the very basics and add in new stuff as you show improvement. Or at least something like "Drill Mode" in a game where you could set up daily practice stuff like "25 DPs in a row without messing up" etc, then BnB practice, etc. People do that on their own in Training Mode, but more specific options like that would be nice. Along with the little dings and noises that set off our Pavlovian responses :)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Static Rook posted:

Something like Rocksmith but for FGs would be pretty neat. Start you with the very basics and add in new stuff as you show improvement. Or at least something like "Drill Mode" in a game where you could set up daily practice stuff like "25 DPs in a row without messing up" etc, then BnB practice, etc. People do that on their own in Training Mode, but more specific options like that would be nice. Along with the little dings and noises that set off our Pavlovian responses :)

im surprised no one has made a combo/input trainer for PC yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Saoshyant posted:

No professional gamer / SERIOUS FGC player would ever operate on such a console.

Next up you'll be telling me you can play more than a few maps on this Personal Console without the game lagging and stuttering.

And that Capcom can do balance patches and fixes almost instantly without having to wait months.