Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Hey now - miami changed their logo and uniforms and I've loved it from day one. So it's not always lovely

Dolphin no longer has football helmet

Dolphin is poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Hey now - miami changed their logo and uniforms and I've loved it from day one. So it's not always lovely

Bring back helmet dolphin

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What if the new logo is a helmet wearing a helmet.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Great White Hope posted:

why would they make Wes Welker their mascot?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Great White Hope posted:

*guy carrying folder labeled "IMPROVED SAFETY STANDARDS" runs into guy carrying folder labeled "BROWNS LOGOS"*

*they quickly pick up the scattered papers*

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Great White Hope posted:

Why, that would be a hat on a hat joke.

:v:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Browns why stop no

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

say no to bats posted:

Some Browns fans seem to believe Manziel might well have been hung over on game days or even had been drinking before he showed up to the stadium which is why he was so sluggish physically and mentally. It seems ridiculously optimistic and assuming a ton but all Browns fans have is blind hope so :shrug:
The problem I have with this is that not every alcoholic is the Classic Pathetic Alcoholic who keeps a whiskey bottle in the bathroom so they can take shots the moment they wake up, and they can't possibly be sober at any moment. Johnny is evidently an alcoholic but that doesn't mean he was showing up to games drunk. It would still be a problem for him in indirect ways, like he wasn't studying the playbook very much so he didn't know the plays well enough. I just don't think that stereotypical hardcore alcoholics like you see in movies are the only kind of alcoholics, i guess

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*guy carrying folder labeled "IMPROVED SAFETY STANDARDS" runs into guy carrying folder labeled "BROWNS LOGOS"*

lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

football fuckerman posted:

The problem I have with this is that not every alcoholic is the Classic Pathetic Alcoholic who keeps a whiskey bottle in the bathroom so they can take shots the moment they wake up, and they can't possibly be sober at any moment. Johnny is evidently an alcoholic but that doesn't mean he was showing up to games drunk. It would still be a problem for him in indirect ways, like he wasn't studying the playbook very much so he didn't know the plays well enough. I just don't think that stereotypical hardcore alcoholics like you see in movies are the only kind of alcoholics, i guess

I think it would also take an unprecedented level of incompetence foe a visibly intoxicated person to suit up and make the field with no one noticing.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think it would also take an unprecedented level of incompetence foe a visibly intoxicated person to suit up and make the field with no one noticing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

There is such a thing as a functional alcoholic, wherein the person cannot actually function like a normal human being without being boozed up. Without booze, they become sweaty, beady-eyed, volatile, pathetic balls of poo poo.

See, Dennis Leary.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

There is such a thing as a functional alcoholic, wherein the person cannot actually function like a normal human being without being boozed up. Without booze, they become sweaty, beady-eyed, volatile, pathetic balls of poo poo.

See, Dennis Leary.

Burn on Dennis Leary out of nowhere

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Burn on Dennis Leary out of nowhere

I don't think he would see it as a burn, I'm pretty sure it's a confessed thing with him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Looks like a can of low tier malt liquor

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

See, Dennis Leary.

I've watched three different Leary projects in the last week and I'm not sure how you decided he was "functional".

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So that's how they make Reese's!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Looks like a can of low tier malt liquor

Can you give me an example of high tier malt liquor?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

Can you give me an example of high tier malt liquor?

Zima, Smirnoff

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think those are considered malternatives.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
:cawg:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Zima, Smirnoff

Hehehe, loving Zima...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Critics of NFL Safety Regulations pan the 2015 season's new standard of 'blame concussions on a hobo'

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You forgot what team we're talking about when you posted this, didn't you?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

:lol: Zima the preferred drink of Hoos everywhere.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Literally the only redeeming thing about the Browns is their cool loving old school uniforms and classic "logoless" look and holy poo poo they are getting rid of it

This, all day, all night.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I don't like Brownie but I know I'm in the minority here. I think opinion in NEO is split

I kind of like the Browns B logo in front of the football, hopefully they use that https://www.google.com/search?q=bro...iw=1240&bih=605

That's actually a pretty good logo.

Still... the Browns' helmet design was legit cool and just about the only thing about the team that hadn't gotten hosed up yet. And now this.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chilichimp posted:

See, Dennis Leary.

D-dad?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

We should consider that Haslam is a sleeper agent employed by the Modell family to make Art look better in hindsight

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I like that the Browns are getting a logo that isn't a helmet but I hope they don't actually put it on the helmet, or they at least do something more creative. I like the blank helmet and the Helmets that are a touch more unique than just slapping a logo on it.

The best helmets are the
Eagles
Rams
Browns
Vikings
Bucs (I actually really like the Big rear end logo on the side, the rest of the uniform sucks though)

The rest are just boring or basic. I'm all in favor of trying a new helmet look as long as we don't get another Jags helmet. gently caress the Jags helmet.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Browns helmet should have long hound ears attached to them that flow in the breeze

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Browns Helmet should just be pure white with a toilet flush handle on the side

because the Browns

*puts on sunglasses, rolls dollar bill*

are poo poo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Febreeze posted:

Browns Helmet should just be pure white with a toilet flush handle on the side

because the Browns

*puts on sunglasses, rolls dollar bill*

are poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Febreeze posted:

I like that the Browns are getting a logo that isn't a helmet but I hope they don't actually put it on the helmet, or they at least do something more creative. I like the blank helmet and the Helmets that are a touch more unique than just slapping a logo on it.

The best helmets are the
Eagles
Rams
Browns
Vikings
Bucs (I actually really like the Big rear end logo on the side, the rest of the uniform sucks though)

The rest are just boring or basic. I'm all in favor of trying a new helmet look as long as we don't get another Jags helmet. gently caress the Jags helmet.

And that is why this proposed new Eagles helmet is a crime against humanity.

More teams should do cool poo poo like the Eagles/Rams/Vikings do instead of slapping the label on there. Chargers helmets are cool too but they're in the AFC.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Reminder that most of the bad uniforms in the NFL are attempted modern unis like the Jaguars, Buccaneers and some Seahawks permutations. Updating is often bad

Actually, all of those uniforms own bones and poo poo like the Colts and Jets uniforms are boring garbage.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Manziel could have a binge drinking disorder, which would actually make sense.

gently caress all letter logos. I want a big stupid dog I guess.

Edit:

Mike Pettine is pretty cool:

quote:

If a guy didn't want to be a part of it, I wasn't going to waste time on it. I didn't need to go through 32 points or whatever it was.

quote:

Seeing our guys celebrate win in the locker room – there’s no better feeling than winning, the food tastes better, the drinks taste better, not to get too lewd the sex is better.

Coach Mike likes to get down.

fan of the browns fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 19, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I hope the logo on the helmet is a helmet and there is another smaller helmet on that one and then a smaller one on that one etc etc

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

axeil posted:

More teams should do cool poo poo like the Eagles/Rams/Vikings do instead of slapping the label on there.

The Rams helmet is especially legendary because they may have been the first helmet logo ever and haven't changed significantly since the 1940s

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

axeil posted:

And that is why this proposed new Eagles helmet is a crime against humanity.

You think that's bad, post the giants one.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

WugLyfe posted:

You think that's bad, post the giants one.

Jesus gently caress these are awful

http://imgur.com/a/QaZHX

like...holy poo poo, all of them (Giants are the worst) are just atrocious. This can't be an actual design company because gently caress, everyone in the Farthouse could make better designs than this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Febreeze posted:

Jesus gently caress these are awful

http://imgur.com/a/QaZHX

like...holy poo poo, all of them (Giants are the worst) are just atrocious. This can't be an actual design company because gently caress, everyone in the Farthouse could make better designs than this

The Dolphins one rules

• Locked thread