Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo there was some bad acting in this episode.

Can't wait for next week though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Yo I'm just watching this poo poo right now and l;mao did that bitch unplug her laptop like theres no battery inside it lol

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
lmao the ghost turned up the volume and then ketchup flew out of the dudes nose

EDIT: wait a minute the power line fell into that dudes car and tyhat nigga just drove off

Coffee Mugshot fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Feb 11, 2015

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
THE GHOST IS IN THE WIFI TOWER GUYS :science:

:eng99:

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ultramiraculous posted:

THE GHOST IS IN THE WIFI TOWER GUYS :science:

:eng99:

"THERES NO ELECTRICITY IN CARS THOUGH IT CANT BE THAT IT RUNS ON GAS" - two dudes thinking about loving sorority girls

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think everybody was having a gap week. Feet up, phoning it in. Directors, writers, cast, camera guy. Worst episode in ages and that's saying something.

All the cool side characters are gone. :sigh:

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Just watching now. loling @ the opening because Siri tried to make me drive into a retention pond over the weekend.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, last week's episode was awesome but this one was just... bleh.

Not like racist truck bad, but even in the racist truck episode it had the right lighting and feel for a Supernatural episode.

This one was just... I dunno. It's almost like they were filming on a set in the alternate universe where Supernatural is a show. Colors were too bright, actors that can't act, dialog that was loving horrid (who in the poo poo actually says "hashtag" and uses "#confused" in a message? Wtf?).

Teen Dean had all the aspects of a "HOLY poo poo THIS EPISODE IS GOING TO BE HORRID" and it was pretty good. This one though, igh.

Next week is gonna hopefully be amazing though.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Shroomie posted:

Just watching now. loling @ the opening because Siri tried to make me drive into a retention pond over the weekend.

Hands down the best part of the episode. Apple Maps killing you.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

(who in the poo poo actually says "hashtag" and uses "#confused" in a message? Wtf?)

I'm...just gonna say that people do. That part of the dialog, minus the terrible made-up app names, was pretty much the only part of the episode that felt rooted in reality for me.

"O.M.G. we need to take a selfie to post on Insta L.O.L. hashtag bestfriends" is something you could reasonably hear "kids these days"/people from LA say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdemFfbS5H0

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Merlinicus posted:

Hands down the best part of the episode. Apple Maps killing you.

I wonder if they intentionally chose the name "Trini" for a GPS that resulted in a automobile death from driving off the road, considering...

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

(who in the poo poo actually says "hashtag" and uses "#confused" in a message? Wtf?).

Heh, you're old.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I could only make it through about 20 seconds of that video.

It's official, I'm old.

:corsair:

On a side note, anyone think it was weird that Dean was all :confused: when it came to technology but a season or two ago he was a hacker?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Their first computer ghost and no Charlie? WTF.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
It was a weak episode, but I did love how excited Dean was by eating in a college cafeteria and his general ignorance about the modern tech age.

"Come on Sam, we can't kill the internet...Can we?"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

jscolon2.0 posted:

Their first computer ghost and no Charlie? WTF.

Look man, this episode was bad enough as it is.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh man, I could only make it through about 20 seconds of that video.

It's official, I'm old.

:corsair:

Welcome, friend. You'll find your cozy sweater and sensible shoes in the den. Now you get to complain about whippersnappers!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Yo I'm just watching this poo poo right now and l;mao did that bitch unplug her laptop like theres no battery inside it lol

Also why was she so freaked out when she deleted the conversation history and then the ghost sent her another message? She didn't block him. Oh wait, I know, it's because whoever wrote this episode has never seen a computer before.

Though I did like how amongst all the modern (and made-up) social networks the dead girl used was AIM. :haw:

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I was very amused that the redheads last name was Novoselic and the boys gave the last names Grohl and Cobain. I know they do rock stars all the time but this was especially amusing!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It was a pretty bad episode but I wouldn't necessarily put it in my definite bottom 5. The reveal of the ghost guy near the end was pretty cringe-inducing though. Overall I thought it could have fit in with the early monster of the week style episodes in the first season, but in this season it just didn't really seem to fit. It's just a ghost, out of all the things they deal with they seem to be the easiest - but for some reason in this episode they just seem to be flailing around talking about wifi instead of doing the normal "find the remaining DNA and burn it" routine.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
socialmedia.srv ? Really? TV websites have the stupidest names.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

The Red Queen posted:

socialmedia.srv ? Really? TV websites have the stupidest names.

They probably could have put a little more thought into it (along with the rest of the episode) but just like phone numbers it has to be something that they own or something that simply doesn't work. Otherwise they could get sued.

This is why NBC owns hornymanatee.com

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

quote:

Sorry, We could not find clownpenis.fart

:colbert:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

who in the poo poo actually says "hashtag" and uses "#confused" in a message?

People who deserve to die. We weren't meant to be unsympathetic to the ghost in this one.

This episode would have been so much better if the sole survivor had been the driver instead of the one person who said "We should call for help".

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
A real great episode after a few week ones. It was pretty much carried by Omundson though and his performance was stellar.

Rowana is still the weakest part of the show by far, and I wish they'd resolve her storyline quickly.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

pentyne posted:

Rowana is still the weakest part of the show by far, and I wish they'd resolve her storyline quickly.

There was a glimmer of hope when it seemed like Crowley had just been playing along to see what she wanted, but I think I read into that scene too much by the way it turned out at the end of the episode.

Also I'm going to point out that we didn't REALLY see Cain die. Just backstabbed. For all we know he's still alive, really, especially with this show.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Merlinicus posted:

There was a glimmer of hope when it seemed like Crowley had just been playing along to see what she wanted, but I think I read into that scene too much by the way it turned out at the end of the episode.

Also I'm going to point out that we didn't REALLY see Cain die. Just backstabbed. For all we know he's still alive, really, especially with this show.

No, I'm pretty sure they had Dean kill Cain as the "this is what you'll become" stinger. Right now, the only difference between them was that Dean still had his brother to help him fight the mark, but eventually it would overwhelm him and he'd kill Sam in a fit of rage, making him Cain 2.0

I did love the writing for Cain, especially when he was explaining it to Castiel. "At most, 1 in 10" was such a great line when you realize that Cain is talking about literally killing people one by one to exterminate his lineage.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
All of these "Dean kills godlike villain" scenes are pretty unconvincing. Seems like both Cain and Abbadon would have killed anyone else who did that but went easy on Dean.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Wasn't there some scene earlier in the season where Rowena did some magic spell to spy on Crowley and find out where the First Blade was? I guess we can file that one away with all the other dropped Supernatural plotlines.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

Wasn't there some scene earlier in the season where Rowena did some magic spell to spy on Crowley and find out where the First Blade was? I guess we can file that one away with all the other dropped Supernatural plotlines.

Why throw it away? Rowena still seems 100% aware of everything Crowley is doing; she's probably still using it which is why she's so immediately disappointed that Crowley once again allows himself to be tricked by the not-so-clever Winchesters.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

raditts posted:

I thought the point of that was to find his bones, which were in the same place?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Byers2142 posted:

I thought the point of that was to find his bones, which were in the same place?

As I recall she was spying on Crowley just to generally gather information for her manipulations, and in the course of that found out he had hidden the First Blade with his bones. She seemed to already know the location of his bones, since she sent that assistant guy to go fetch the blade before Crowley.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love this show. Omundson has crazy range and is awesome. I really want Rowena to go the gently caress away, though. When Crowley first grabbed her arm, I thought he was gonna kill her and it made me really happy for a few seconds.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ShakeZula posted:

As I recall she was spying on Crowley just to generally gather information for her manipulations, and in the course of that found out he had hidden the First Blade with his bones. She seemed to already know the location of his bones, since she sent that assistant guy to go fetch the blade before Crowley.

Right, so I'm not crazy then. Am I missing something or was there nothing between that and this episode where Crowley just pulled the blade out of a random drawer?

The Mark of Cain / Rowena plot threads are so goddamned tedious and boring, I hope they finish them off soon. I have a feeling that the Cain plot won't end until Sam dies though, since it's his turn what with it being Dean's turn to die last season.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I won't believe it until I see the body!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
We saw Gabriel's body back in season 5 and he still came back last year.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

raditts posted:

Right, so I'm not crazy then. Am I missing something or was there nothing between that and this episode where Crowley just pulled the blade out of a random drawer?

The Mark of Cain / Rowena plot threads are so goddamned tedious and boring, I hope they finish them off soon. I have a feeling that the Cain plot won't end until Sam dies though, since it's his turn what with it being Dean's turn to die last season.

That episode was the last time we saw the two of them.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat, my friend just brought up a good point.

How awesome would it be to get Lucifer back as the literal "Big Bad" on the show as the only possible "cure" to the Mark, since that whole "river/source" quote thrown out by Metatron might mean that Lucifer is the only one who can take it away since he's the one who gave it out in the first place.

A man can dream :allears:

Cain was amazing, Omundson has some terrific range as an actor, but I think my favorite part was Cas getting all smitey and all it doing was just blowing Cain's hair back a lil.

Only thing I didn't like about the episode was apparently the whole idea of Cain eventually slicing up Sam never came up, even though Cain was taking out entire family lines and children. That would have been decent motivation for Dean to kill him, and be a little bit less angsty about it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

drat, my friend just brought up a good point.

How awesome would it be to get Lucifer back as the literal "Big Bad" on the show as the only possible "cure" to the Mark, since that whole "river/source" quote thrown out by Metatron might mean that Lucifer is the only one who can take it away since he's the one who gave it out in the first place.

A man can dream :allears:

Cain was amazing, Omundson has some terrific range as an actor, but I think my favorite part was Cas getting all smitey and all it doing was just blowing Cain's hair back a lil.

Only thing I didn't like about the episode was apparently the whole idea of Cain eventually slicing up Sam never came up, even though Cain was taking out entire family lines and children. That would have been decent motivation for Dean to kill him, and be a little bit less angsty about it.

He gives the mark to Adam and then tosses him back in the cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Favorite part of the episode.

Also, cracking the gently caress up at the idea of Adam being like "OH THANK GOD I'VE BEEN IN HERE A MILLENNIUM AND FINALLY FREEDOM AND I... wait, what mark? Uh, ok sure but hey wait why's the door closing GOD DAMMIT NOT AGAIN"