Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Better shots of some Pop Vinyls:

Duke Igthorn posted:

I got a Funko Rocketeer because any real Rocketeer is a billion dollars on eBay (though that Legacy figure WILL be mine).

There's also a "Bronze Patina" exclusive at Gemini Collectables:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Just get the actual Rocketeer 6" action figure Funko is making.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

therealjon_ posted:

They are Mego styled figures, so it kinda works. I'm not going to get them but they nailed the head sculpts of Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern.

I have no doubt they are excellent figures, is just that Home Alone is the last license I'd hoped from NECA.

I have 4 Jungle Hunters already (normal, cloaked, water emergence, 8 bit) but I'll be buying the Dark Horse version

Is awesome as hell.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Are they making 2 series of firefly figures? Because we need more book, simon, and river.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I have one Pop figure that I got as a gift and it's terrible - sloppy paint apps, mostly. Is this consistent across the line?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

boom boom boom posted:

Four Horsemen is making more birdmen

Someone in the kickstarter comments suggested that they slap a raccoon head on a dwarf body and sell it in a two-pack with the blue jay

I'd buy the gently caress out of this, only if they include a raccoon.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Cloks posted:

I have one Pop figure that I got as a gift and it's terrible - sloppy paint apps, mostly. Is this consistent across the line?

I think it depends on the line. I only have a handful of them, but the Martian from Mars Attacks has great paint and fits in great with all of my other Mars Attack stuff. Meanwhile, I have noticed some questionable paint on the two Star Wars figures I have picked up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys announced (unsurprisingly) they are doing the new Genysys Terminator movie - which most likely means a revamped T-800 Endoskeleton which is awesome news since I missed getting one of the originals. It'll also mean a possible old Arnold sculpt.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Havoc904 posted:

Meanwhile, I have noticed some questionable paint on the two Star Wars figures I have picked up.
That's how Hasbro rolls with Star Wars these days.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Cheesus posted:

That's how Hasbro rolls with Star Wars these days.

I guess I should have clarified and said the Pop! bobbleheads of Star Wars characters had questionable paint jobs. But yeah, it as been tough being a fan of the 3 3/4" stuff lately and seeing the quality drop to Happy Meal toy status for the regular Star Wars releases. While the Black series is pretty good (for the most part), that usually only gets one or two pegs for their 3 3/4" sections.

I'm really hoping that the Force Awakens figure lineups aren't composed entirely of the cheap figures, but that looks like the way it is going with all the Rebels stuff.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

Four Horsemen is making more birdmen

Someone in the kickstarter comments suggested that they slap a raccoon head on a dwarf body and sell it in a two-pack with the blue jay

I would buy the gently caress out of that.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Pictures of the upcoming Misty Knight and White Tiger figures. I haven't bothered looking for pictures of the rest of the line (got linked to these two earlier) but these look pretty solid, as per. I'm loving Misty's hair.

God, I hope the shipping/labor issues on the west coast get resolved soon.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Should I feel bad for having absolutely no idea who those two characters are?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Its not racist, you're good

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Its not racist, you're good
I more of meant as a Marvel fan. Like I seriously have no idea who those characters are, and their names aren't ringing any bells.

I guess part of me is confused why we haven't gotten, like, a Marvel Legends 90s X-men Rogue figure, but we've gotten these two. Are they new characters who are super-popular right now or something?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Street level characters that've been around since the 70s. Misty's been running Heroes for Hire for a decade, is basically Pam Greer with a robot arm, and has an on/off relationship with Iron Fist. White Tiger has generic animal themed powers derived from magic stones, showed up in Daredevil, and a version was most recently a regular cast member of the Ultime Spidey cartoon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
When will we get SW Rebels figures with more than 5 points of articulation?

Also I just realised the upcoming 3.75" Miles Morales basically puts him in scale with the 6" MLs. :haw:

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

I more of meant as a Marvel fan. Like I seriously have no idea who those characters are, and their names aren't ringing any bells.

I guess part of me is confused why we haven't gotten, like, a Marvel Legends 90s X-men Rogue figure, but we've gotten these two. Are they new characters who are super-popular right now or something?

As a mainly X-men fan, it kills me to see this sort of treatment for Marvel's lesser known quantities. However, the rationale is that Marvel wants to promote X-men as little as possible. At SDCC Hasbro said not to expect any new x-figures until the next movie. It is possible Magik will be an exception, but either she will be part of the SDCC exclusive or released next year.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

Sanschel pretty much covered it, but yeah. I just have a really huge soft spot for Misty Knight. White Tiger's been in Mighty Avengers for a bit now, which is admittedly kind of a second string title as far as Avengers books go. For me it's pretty neat to see more minor characters getting action figure treatment; I never ever would have guessed Misty'd get one.

MooselanderII posted:

It is possible Magik will be an exception, but either she will be part of the SDCC exclusive or released next year.

... Wait, there's supposed to be a Magik figure coming out? Holy poo poo, I hope she's not an exclusive because that's my jam.

I do wish they'd put out more X-Men stuff, though. I get what they're up to, but ... :smith: X-books do still seem to sell, and the X-Men movies are popular, if not owned by Marvel Studios. Wouldn't Marvel be the ones getting the money from those toy sales, not Fox? Or is their deal with Fox different from Sony?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have those X-Men Art FX statues coming up, but that's about it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Xenomrph posted:

Nah. You'd only know them if you read a lot of comics in the 70s, or read some of the smaller titles going on today.

It'd be like asking a little kid at a comic shop who he thought was stronger: Man Mountain Marko or Tombstone.

On a related note, I'd like a Tombstone figure. :colbert:

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I'm crossing my fingers for Misty Knight showing up in the Netflix Defenders series. But maybe not before the figure comes out, so I'll be able to get her no trouble. :unsmith:

I know someone posted a list of the next few waves, but here's a bunch of photos of those figures: http://news.toyark.com/2015/02/14/marvel-legends-official-photos-toy-fair-2015-151819

Speaking of characters I've never heard of:

... I've apparently read stuff Tiger Shark is in, but I couldn't have told you that before I looked him up on Wikipedia. :psyduck:

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing
Yeah the X-Men situation is becoming woeful. Really need Jim Lee era Rogue and Cyclops stat, plus lots of newer characters. I'd even buy a Goldballs figure at this point (I draw the line at goth Dazzler though).

Red
Apr 15, 2003

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I'm crossing my fingers for Misty Knight showing up in the Netflix Defenders series. But maybe not before the figure comes out, so I'll be able to get her no trouble. :unsmith:

I know someone posted a list of the next few waves, but here's a bunch of photos of those figures: http://news.toyark.com/2015/02/14/marvel-legends-official-photos-toy-fair-2015-151819

Speaking of characters I've never heard of:

... I've apparently read stuff Tiger Shark is in, but I couldn't have told you that before I looked him up on Wikipedia. :psyduck:

Two of the best figures on that page are the Build a Figure. What the gently caress.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
I wish GSP had the twirly mustache in Captain America 2.

Edit: also, why no legends darkhawk yet?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Wouldn't Marvel be the ones getting the money from those toy sales, not Fox? Or is their deal with Fox different from Sony?

Marvel refuses to license X-Men merchandising to Fox -- which is why you didn't see any Days of Future Past toys or merchandise last year despite the movie making like a zillion dollars. If it were movie merchandise, Fox would get the money from it.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Last year we got an awesome X-Men wave and a crappy X-Men boxset. The year before that we had another okay-ish X-Men related wave (along with a few scattered X-Men related figures in other waves). So I am hopeful that we will continue to see a few X-Men characters here and there, but obviously Spiderman and Avengers are their focus for movie marketing and retail reasons.

Just look at what has been revealed for Marvel Legends for 2015 alone. We have 2 full Spiderman waves coming (hobgoblin, rhino). We have 3 full Avengers waves (odin, thanos, hulkbuster). We have an Ant-man wave (which is pretty much another Avengers wave). And then there are 3 boxsets (shield 3-pack, movie 4-pack, another target exclusive 3-pack). That's over 50 new characters. They're branching out into more obscure characters again. And that's just the first half of the year. We haven't even gotten to SDCC yet which is typically their biggest show and reveal. That's amazing compared to the years prior which limped along at a very anemic pace. All and all, seems like a good time to be collecting legends again.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Timby posted:

Marvel refuses to license X-Men merchandising to Fox -- which is why you didn't see any Days of Future Past toys or merchandise last year despite the movie making like a zillion dollars. If it were movie merchandise, Fox would get the money from it.

As far as I remember, DoFP had exactly two products come out last year: a Lego set, and a Heroclix set, and the Heroclix set was based on the comics, not the movie.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Red posted:

As far as I remember, DoFP had exactly two products come out last year: a Lego set, and a Heroclix set, and the Heroclix set was based on the comics, not the movie.

As was the Lego set, honestly.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

As was the Lego set, honestly.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Superheroes-76022-Sentinel-Building/dp/B00IMIGWD6/

You might be right. The movie sentinels were much more generic (crappy) looking.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Timby posted:

Aaaah, okay. I was wondering if it was like the Sony deal where Marvel gets pretty much all the toy money. Sounds like it ain't. Thanks!

I wish they could just sell comics versions of the characters who're showing up in the movies and claim it was a coincidence or something; still make the money off the figures and not hand the money away,, which they obviously want to avoid.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Red posted:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Superheroes-76022-Sentinel-Building/dp/B00IMIGWD6/

You might be right. The movie sentinels were much more generic (crappy) looking.

Correction. The future sentinels looked crappy and generic. The 70s sentinels looked really awesome.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Ok, I caved and bought the new sideshow Superman.

Will have a mini review up when he gets here.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

So it looks like Marvel Universe (now called Avengers Infinite or whatever) is all but officially dead. They announced, like, six new figures at Toy Fair. While I'm glad all the long neglected Legends fans are finally getting some love from Hasbro I'm pretty bummed about the state of the 3.75" market. It's strange to me how Hasbro pushed the smaller figures really hard and then suddenly dropped support for them out of the blue. I got into that scale mainly because of space constraints (and also because Legends were basically unavailable at retail at the time) and now it looks like I'm going to be left with a bunch of half completed teams. :smith:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
It is kinda curious how they all but abandoned any variety to the 4" inch line, recycled characters and transitioned it to boring and generic movie themed figures. The Legends line must be too ripe, popular and profitable to ignore and they seemed to have found a good middle ground by theming them with movies. I'm sure dropping oil prices is helping with the profit thing too.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

It's like a reversal of fortunes. Legends pretty much dried up when Universe was introduced. There were basically no new Legends produced for two years in 2010 to 2011. My only guess is that Legends must be dominating sales via collector/hobbyist momentum as much as Hasbro tried to ignore/downplay the importance of such. The quality has really gone up since Hasbro's initial offerings which were really rather pathetic and probably soured many collectors to drop the line altogether. Now their suite of standard bucks are nearing perfection where they are able to churn out lots of consistently good looking characters with only slight mods required. And because the quality and character selection is back, so is the collector enthusiasm? Most collectors were probably heavily invested in the 6-inch scale to start and the latest figures are surpassing Toybiz's best IMHO. I chalk it up to Hasbro's new rocker ankles. Yes, the line was saved by good sturdy ankles.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I think you are right. I stopped buying Marvel Legends after I bought a few of the Annihilus line figures and was mostly disappointed with how they looked compared to the old Toy Biz ones. Now the figures are really high quality and far look way better then any of the Toy Biz figures.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The reason Legends is flourishing is simply because they found a way to turn the reaction to movie figures in the line from:

"poo poo another movie figure :("

To:

"poo poo, another movie figure! :D"

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

therealjon_ posted:

The reason Legends is flourishing is simply because they found a way to turn the reaction to movie figures in the line from:

"poo poo another movie figure :("

To:

"poo poo, another movie figure! :D"

That's very true. The Black Widow figure is probably the best Widow figure out there. Yet at the same time the before mention Annihilius line I finally managed to track down all the parts for him, but the last two are part of the X3 Movie Beast, which I Just don't want to buy at all because it just looks horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Speaking of Annihilius, anyone have a spare head? Last piece I need. I also need MODOK, Blob, and Mojo parts if anyone has some laying around they want to part with.