Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
Working at Walgreens today, I was called over to take a persons passport photo. Standing right there, Radio Legend Dennis Falcone, taking off his winter beanie. I tried really hard to hold back laughter. I took his photo and thought maybe it wasn't him, so I asked him to enter his phone number. Yep, up comes Dennis Falcone. The whole time he's making comments like "Wow, they have a program and everything" and "How did you get my name?".

After selling him his passport photo I told him I was a big fan, I asked about Anthony to which he looked down sadly and sighed saying, "You know Ant's a great guy". All I know is that I can confirm that outside of Radio, Den-ayyy is a really nice, awkward guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FarmerHank posted:

Working at Walgreens today, I was called over to take a persons passport photo. Standing right there, Radio Legend Dennis Falcone, taking off his winter beanie. I tried really hard to hold back laughter. I took his photo and thought maybe it wasn't him, so I asked him to enter his phone number. Yep, up comes Dennis Falcone. The whole time he's making comments like "Wow, they have a program and everything" and "How did you get my name?".

After selling him his passport photo I told him I was a big fan, I asked about Anthony to which he looked down sadly and sighed saying, "You know Ant's a great guy". All I know is that I can confirm that outside of Radio, Den-ayyy is a really nice, awkward guy.
Is he going to Thailand

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Ah, a brush with greatness. :allears:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Paul Kersey posted:

Not exactly related to O&A&J specifically, but did anybody read Rolling Stone's article ranking all 141 cast members of Saturday Night Live? It's laughably bad. The writer (Rob Sheffield) ranks Jim Breuer at 139 and Norm MacDonald at 135, while putting people like Charles Rocket, Janeane Garofalo, Anthony Michael Hall and Sarah Silverman ahead of them.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists/saturday-night-live-all-141-cast-members-ranked-20150211
I'm surprised they didn't try to include members of U2 on this list.

edit: I love John Belushi. He's not number 1.

edit2: Among other things, Wiig and even Hader, while very good in their own right, ahead of Farley? Am I crazy for thinking that is completely stupid

shyduck fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 17, 2015

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

shyduck posted:

I'm surprised they didn't try to include members of U2 on this list.

edit: I love John Belushi. He's not number 1.

edit2: Among other things, Wiig and even Hader, while very good in their own right, ahead of Farley? Am I crazy for thinking that is completely stupid

I might put Hader ahead of Farley but not Wiig.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Morter posted:

Ah, a brush with greatness. :allears:

This made me lol. :golfclap:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yeah, there's just no way they can make an SNL list I'd agree with anyway, since I can't stand half of the 'greats'. Like most of the Will Ferrell or Gilda Radner bits just have me either bored or annoyed. Which makes me wonder how they can bust Victoria Jackson down to the bottom of the list since she annoyed me just as much. Then they put a bunch of interns and one-shots in there just so they can say "hey this guy is worse than literally thirty different people they pulled off the street for a night" which is just baiting garbage.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Victoria Jackson rules, though. Just look at everything she's done since SNL, especially her politics. She's real comedy.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I found Larry King interviewing Opie about the Anthony stuff to be pretty interesting to listen to this morning. The two could hash things out with a single conversation and it's cool that instead it's going to get dragged out for months and months on both shows.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Bubba Smith posted:

I found Larry King interviewing Opie about the Anthony stuff to be pretty interesting to listen to this morning. The two could hash things out with a single conversation and it's cool that instead it's going to get dragged out for months and months on both shows.

I loved how Larry King unknowingly exposed what a lovely interviewer Opie is. He's talking about what he'd ask Osama Bin Laden if he could interview him (something like 'why would you bomb us? you left one of the richest families to live in caves. where does that anger come from?') and stupid Opie immediately chimes in with 'he probably had a rough upbringing'.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Anthony not being on the show really highlights how badly Opie is at radio.

It's even more depressing to hear "I've been doing radio since I was 18" It's like drat, from 18 to 50 flurf you're still loving terrible at it

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
What's with the voice that Opie puts on these days? I haven't listened to a full show since July, but it's always jarring to me when I listen to recent clips and hear him trying to put on this low, kinda-gravely "cool guy" voice. It's like he's trying his best to sound disinterested, but when he gets defensive (which seems to be often) he goes into high-pitch sputtering mode.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cromulent posted:

What's with the voice that Opie puts on these days? I haven't listened to a full show since July, but it's always jarring to me when I listen to recent clips and hear him trying to put on this low, kinda-gravely "cool guy" voice. It's like he's trying his best to sound disinterested, but when he gets defensive (which seems to be often) he goes into high-pitch sputtering mode.
That's his "I'm a media mogul, follow me on Twitter" voice

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
He wants to be Jim Florentine.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
The first episode of Colin's internet show is up now. It's very funny

http://www.lstudio.com/cop-show/the-dream.html

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Call Me Charlie posted:

I loved how Larry King unknowingly exposed what a lovely interviewer Opie is. He's talking about what he'd ask Osama Bin Laden if he could interview him (something like 'why would you bomb us? you left one of the richest families to live in caves. where does that anger come from?') and stupid Opie immediately chimes in with 'he probably had a rough upbringing'.

That made me laugh pretty hard tbh.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I enjoyed the Larry King thing, Larry should replace Opie.

The Jim and Larry show!

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

therealjon_ posted:

I enjoyed the Larry King thing, Larry should replace Opie.

The Jim and Larry show!

This would unironically rule and I'd listen every day.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Next up we'll be talking with The Black Sabbath!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
When's the last time Francine was on O&A? I'm curious what's her latest news and all.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Apoplexy posted:

When's the last time Francine was on O&A? I'm curious what's her latest news and all.

She's the new show "hole"

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

She's the new show "hole"
If only. She'd probably be better than the current hole.

Which is Opie.

"Guys, I wish I could joke, but as a father..."

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I have a long road trip tomorrow and feel like giving O&J a listen just to see what the show is like nowadays. I stopped listening a little before Ant got fired.

Any notable dates worth listening to, on the good or bad end of the spectrum?

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

jerkstoresup posted:

I have a long road trip tomorrow and feel like giving O&J a listen just to see what the show is like nowadays. I stopped listening a little before Ant got fired.

The Aspergers end of the Spectrum, if they have Dennis Falcone in.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

jerkstoresup posted:

The reaction to the Camel Clutch song is about the only bright spot out of 7 months of mediocrity. 15m, 40s in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9tRXlGRjDQ

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I think the show has been really good lately.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Droopy Goines posted:

I think the show has been really good lately.

Yeah, it's settled into a decent rhythm and is pretty good most of the time now.

The guest comics are easily filling the gap that Ant left expect they don't do an hour of "BLACKS! AMIRITE?!?!?!?!?" every day, Jim has been on fire, they still get big guests and even Opie seems more comfortable and occasionally gets in some great mean-funny lines. Sam has really stepped up and it looks like he has earned himself a regular show soon because of it.

Ant's cute little podcast is just..... unimpressive.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Can someone just post clips of O&J finding audio and giggling their rear end off about it? I've said it ad nauseam, but it's when the show was at its strongest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO4XW0JbGdI

rereginald Dennys
Oct 20, 2012
I'm Cerebral Cortez and I'm still trying way too fucking hard, if you see me posting anywhere, ever, you should probably just report me. Thanks :)
- Management

spudsbuckley posted:

Yeah, it's settled into a decent rhythm and is pretty good most of the time now.

The guest comics are easily filling the gap that Ant left expect they don't do an hour of "BLACKS! AMIRITE?!?!?!?!?" every day, Jim has been on fire, they still get big guests and even Opie seems more comfortable and occasionally gets in some great mean-funny lines. Sam has really stepped up and it looks like he has earned himself a regular show soon because of it.

Ant's cute little podcast is just..... unimpressive.

How can you stand opies gravelly cool guy voice and lovely radio skills?

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

rereginald Dennys posted:

How can you stand opies gravelly cool guy voice and lovely radio skills?

Yeah, I know everyone rides the Opie Hater Train, but he grates on me more than he ever has since Ant's gone. Norton and Sam have picked up the slack pretty well though, so I keep listening.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Gurian bringing in Tony Danza as a special guest is the most surreal thing. All I can think of while listening is that old O&A bit.

BigPoot posted:

Yeah, I know everyone rides the Opie Hater Train, but he grates on me more than he ever has since Ant's gone. Norton and Sam have picked up the slack pretty well though, so I keep listening.

He's been in a non-stop panic since Anthony left and he's acting like he's playing it up as part of the "Opie" character but there's no real self-awareness.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Tony Danza stuff is some of the funniest poo poo they ever did.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Call Me Charlie posted:

He's been in a non-stop panic since Anthony left and he's acting like he's playing it up as part of the "Opie" character but there's no real self-awareness.
He keeps insisting the show needs to be "different" now in some unspecified way but mostly seems to use it as an excuse to crush fun. Though to be honest it bothers me more that Jim gets to go on longer tears of intentionally unfunny drawn out poo poo (not just Chip) without Anthony there to tap out and get him to stop. If Opie is distracted by his Twitter, the phone lines, the TV, the paper in front of him or basically anything Jim just gets to sit there and just annoy the gently caress out of everyone. He's too drat good at that.

I was so happy when Jim bullied on through jokes about the Nationwide commercial when Opie tried to be the hole after the Super Bowl. He really, really wanted to get it out there that he was mad at Nationwide but he couldn't avoid laughing entirely.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Call Me Charlie posted:

Gurian bringing in Tony Danza as a special guest is the most surreal thing. All I can think of while listening is that old O&A bit.

All I could think of was that Jocktober where those people poorly imitated him.

"Danny! Hey Mona! It's Tony Danza, pullin' up in the van!"

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Opie just moved up some floors to a $6m, 4000 sq ft. Suite. He's in his own bubble forever.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Oh it's l studio.

Not el studio.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

How Much Art posted:

The first episode of Colin's internet show is up now. It's very funny

http://www.lstudio.com/cop-show/the-dream.html

This made me happy. It's got Will and Dante from Patrice Oneal coming soon. And Keith Robinson doesn't have to fake his bad acting.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Does anyone have a clip of Fez's "beal of steam" flub?

Edit: Seems to be April 12th, 2011

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
What day is "Party at the Mewn Towher?" from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Every day is a party at the mewn tower!

• Locked thread