Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Habibi posted:

Ollie and Ra's do an Iron Chef style cook off, after they taste each others' food, Ra's concedes that Ollie's version is better, and then apologizes for poisoning his own. Etc.

reignonyourparade posted:

But will Ollie cook chili in the cookoff?

Oliver and Ra's compete in a chili cook off, Oliver puts his pubes in the chili he intends to serve to Ra's, thinking he'll get one over on him.

Ra's eats the chili and then reveals that he noticed Oliver doing that and swapped it out, so the chili Ra's is actually eating was made by a professional chef and quite pube-free.

Ra's then reveals that chili that Oliver is eating....is made up from Robert and Moira Queen's dead bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Xelkelvos posted:

Basically any of Batman's second or third string rogues like Cluemaster or Crazy Quilt or Catman (especially him since that's one more step to a Secret Six episode)

Speaking of using Batman's rogues, why does Green Arrow have such a lackluster rogues gallery?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

At the risk of pissing off green arrow fans who know far more than me, GA was a fairly terrible character until he went on the road trip with green lantern in the seventies. Prior to that he's just another superhero, a pale imitation of batman written by the second and third stringers.

A comics friend once mentioned that Green Arrow was "what would have happened if Frank Miller never wrote Daredevil." There's no series and character defining run to point to, with almost all of his best stories being one-offs or in a supporting role.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bbf2 posted:

Oliver and Ra's compete in a chili cook off, Oliver puts his pubes in the chili he intends to serve to Ra's, thinking he'll get one over on him.

Ra's eats the chili and then reveals that he noticed Oliver doing that and swapped it out, so the chili Ra's is actually eating was made by a professional chef and quite pube-free.

Ra's then reveals that chili that Oliver is eating....is made up from Robert and Moira Queen's dead bodies.

:golfclap:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

At the risk of pissing off green arrow fans who know far more than me, GA was a fairly terrible character until he went on the road trip with green lantern in the seventies. Prior to that he's just another superhero, a pale imitation of batman written by the second and third stringers.

A comics friend once mentioned that Green Arrow was "what would have happened if Frank Miller never wrote Daredevil." There's no series and character defining run to point to, with almost all of his best stories being one-offs or in a supporting role.

He didn't have his own comic for like 40 years. He was mostly in team-ups and Justice League stuff. And he spent a few years dead.

His solo comic also spent years as a mature audiences title that downplayed the superhero stuff.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I read a compilation graphic novel a few years ago with a foreword by Senator Patrick Leahy, who is apparently a big fan of the character. They should see if he'll cameo. He did in Dark Knight.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
GA/Ollie should get an arch nemesis called The Sheriff. At least it'd be a nice change from having yet another archer.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Vigilante and Shining Knight can play the same role they played in Justice League: Unlimited. Being useless.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 18, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Narcissus1916 posted:

The Longbow Hunters, by Mike Grell.

There, I just pointed to a defining run.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Although they later retconned it away.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There's actually a official DC Green Arrow Chili recipe its loving disgusting if anyone is wondering. It will probably legitimately will make you ill if you eat this.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Narcissus1916 posted:

Second Stringers like this hack named Jack Kirby. He had a defining run with Mike Grell as mentioned and also the recent run by Lemire.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So it's likely we are getting a month off here too, right? :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

1 week shorter than Flash, since Arrow airs next week.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Hollismason posted:

There's actually a official DC Green Arrow Chili recipe its loving disgusting if anyone is wondering. It will probably legitimately will make you ill if you eat this.

Yeah that gets posted every couple of weeks. It is why people were talking about chili cook offs in the first place.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What makes that chili recipe awful? It looks pretty standard unless you're a chili autist purist that can't stand beans or tomatoes.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Read it again and read the ratios for water to chili powder, it's go literally no water in it other than juice from the beans and tomatoes, add in the fact that it has 4 tablespoons of hotter Cayene pepper basiically, plus Chili powder. It's really spicy chili like above the normal "this is a good heat" to a this is painful probably and for some people it's gonna blow their rear end in a top hat off like a busted o-ring.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It's a family reunion!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Read it again and read the ratios for water to chili powder, it's go literally no water in it other than juice from the beans and tomatoes, add in the fact that it has 4 tablespoons of hotter Cayene pepper basiically, plus Chili powder. It's really spicy chili like above the normal "this is a good heat" to a this is painful probably and for some people it's gonna blow their rear end in a top hat off like a busted o-ring.

Oh. I make my chili with habaneros so maybe the problem is me.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Gaz-L posted:

You mean the second-worst sinner in the world, cursed by 7 wizards that power Shazam/Captain Marvel to have no name and seek answers he can never find for all eternit- Yeah, gently caress the New 52.

Wow, that's terrible.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Doug Jones is playing Deathbolt in an upcoming episode, marking the first time Team Arrow will have to face off against a non-mirakuru metahuman.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yesssss :unsmigghh:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Wait then how the gently caress did Brick shrug off a bullett?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Inferior .32 caliber rounds, which as we all know lack sufficient "stopping power".

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Seeing how Team Arrow takes on a metahuman without help from Team Flash will be really great to watch. Gradually getting closer to comic book mode

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

He played Abe Sapien? drat. I look forward to this.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Habibi posted:

But it should be something different each time. Ollie meets Ra's at a club, they initiate a friendly drinking contest, Ra's drinks Ollie under the table. Ollie pulls up to a stop light, looks over to see Ras in the car next to him, gets smoked off the line. Ollie goes to a karaoke bar with Team Arrow, and right before he is supposed to go up, Ra's does the song Ollie was planning to do, but better than Ollie could hope to achieve. Ollie and Ra's do an Iron Chef style cook off, after they taste each others' food, Ra's concedes that Ollie's version is better, and then apologizes for poisoning his own. Etc.

I would watch 5 seasons of this

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Something the occurred to me (that may be brought up on tonight's episode.)

In the flash back, Ollie is after China White and is searching in Starling, right?

In the first season, was China White not mentioned as being part of the Undertaking?
If so this episode (or at least this mini arc in flashback) may be about Ollie learning about the Undertaking and his father's notebook since he's SUPPOSED to be doing that during his 5 years of training.

Also wasn't it said at some point that the book was written in a secret code that was used by the League? (I think Sara in season 2 said that the hidden writing thing was a League trick.) If so we may bring back the Undertaking plot line by saying that the LoA was financing/organising the Undertaking.

Edit: Having looked here China White wasn't on the List. But Danny Brickewell was on it.
But they did confirm that the List was written in Ghost Ink which is a LoA trick.

http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/The_List

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 18, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

Something the occurred to me (that may be brought up on tonight's episode.)

In the flash back, Ollie is after China White and is searching in Starling, right?

In the first season, was China White not mentioned as being part of the Undertaking?
If so this episode (or at least this mini arc in flashback) may be about Ollie learning about the Undertaking and his father's notebook since he's SUPPOSED to be doing that during his 5 years of training.

Also wasn't it said at some point that the book was written in a secret code that was used by the League? (I think Sara in season 2 said that the hidden writing thing was a League trick.) If so we may bring back the Undertaking plot line by saying that the LoA was financing/organising the Undertaking.

The undertaking was organized by Malcolm and he was part of the league. It was due to the Undertaking that he pissed off Ras.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LongDarkNight posted:

Wow, that's terrible.

It might be worse than the original Objectivist vision of the character. I'm down with Zen Question, either version, but yep, the current version blows.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

It might be worse than the original Objectivist vision of the character. I'm down with Zen Question, either version, but yep, the current version blows.

What about a recovering alcoholic lesbian with anger issues?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

What about a recovering alcoholic lesbian with anger issues?

I was counting Renee as Zen. That's what the 'either' part refers to. She basically went on the same journey Vic did when he had that epiphany, just by a different path. They both confronted their issues, and changed.

Like butterflies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I was counting Renee as Zen. That's what the 'either' part refers to. She basically went on the same journey Vic did when he had that epiphany, just by a different path. They both confronted their issues, and changed.

Like butterflies.

Oh I thought you were referring to the O'Neil Vic and the Veitch version as the good versions of the character.

Bring a good version of Renee to Arrow and Flash, as what Gotham is doing to her is unbelievable.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
They should bring back Shivakamini Somakandarkram if they want a cool, tough lady cop :colbert:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

Seeing how Team Arrow takes on a metahuman without help from Team Flash will be really great to watch. Gradually getting closer to comic book mode

If the title of the episode is anything to go by, probably not good.

Episode is called "Broken Arrow"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is fantastic

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you're in Canada and watch on CTV, Arrow is on at 7 tonight.

Looks to be because of a double length Mentalist. Series finale, I assume.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm most likely stating the obvious here, but this Omega weapon that they are tracking down in the flashbacks sure sounds like the kind of thing Ras al Ghul is usually into. Seems likely when he comes to Starling City he'll be packing it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The only way the Question would work is if you know who voiced him... that's right Jeffrey Combs played him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

If you're in Canada and watch on CTV, Arrow is on at 7 tonight.

Looks to be because of a double length Mentalist. Series finale, I assume.

gently caress why did I notice this 17 minutes too late.

e: Oh thank god my DVR was smart enough to automatically tape it at 7pm. loving Mentalist. I've hated you since your dumb music only ads that keep overriding the American ads. :argh:

• Locked thread