Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

zVxTeflon posted:

what does that mean

:dong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
S&V is listed for a Feb 26 release in these parts, straight from the FLGS's mouth.

This means my strategy and list for the tournament in Olathe on the 28th has changed radically. New list:

Green Squadron Pilot (19)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
Push the Limit (3)
Outmaneuver (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Chardaan Refit (-2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
Push the Limit (3)
Outmaneuver (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Chardaan Refit (-2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
Push the Limit (3)
Outmaneuver (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Chardaan Refit (-2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
Push the Limit (3)
Outmaneuver (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Total: 100 points

Can't loving hit me this time, whether the green dice are with me or not. :colbert:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Strobe posted:

This means my strategy and list for the tournament in Olathe on the 28th has changed radically. New list:

Tried to PM you; but apparently you aren't allowing those?

Anyway, I'm in the KC Metro...what game store are you going to be at? I have Saturdays off, so I may come get my rear end kicked by people who play more than I get to.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Not allowing? Weird. Didn't know I need to configure that.

Collector's Cache in Olathe. February 28th.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Strobe posted:

Not allowing? Weird. Didn't know I need to configure that.

Collector's Cache in Olathe. February 28th.

Oh nice; I've been there a couple times. Most recently was for an event in which the objective was to land on and mine a giant asteroid in the center of the table.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I can now receive PMs, I think.

S&V should be available before that tournament. John over at Game Cafe is spouting a Feb 26th street date, and I'm going to get a couple Star Vipers in order to go with that list I just posted. Gonna be sweet.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Irom posted:

Turr Phennir (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Targeting Computer (2)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Veteran Instincts (2)

Sigma Squadron Pilot (25)
Fire-Control System (2)

Total: 100

First time playing with anyone that is not my roommate at my local store and I managed to take down a tanky double falcon build with this

Really didn't think I had a chance...

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Couple things:

1) VI is one point, not two.

2) I'd drop the TC from Turr to get a Stygium Particle Accelerator on the Phantom. Might as well make it a bit more survivable by getting an evade every time you decloak.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
After tonight, I think I agree that the stygium particle accelerator is a must on the phantom but Id rather keep targeting computer on Turr and ditch FCS. The Turr/Vessery mechanic worked really well.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

if you are using a phantom without either a stygium particle accelerator or an adv cloaking device then you are doing it wrong. i've run stygium particle accelerators on my sigma sq. phantom before and it was okay.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Miniature Market deal of the day:

Outrider Decimator combo for $28
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/mm-deal.html

:captainpop: :chanpop: :captainpop: :chanpop:

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

zVxTeflon posted:

I bought both of these ships last week :(

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Go for the double Decimator squad, it calls to you!

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Tekopo posted:

Go for the double Decimator squad, it calls to you!

But where the hell are you supposed to get the space to even keep a second one on your shelf? :v:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Dulkor posted:

But where the hell are you supposed to get the space to even keep a second one on your shelf? :v:
Well, some metal supports would help as a start.

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

zVxTeflon posted:

Even drop shipping this, and some more that are on special, to the US then onto Australia with the lovely exchange rate will be about 2/3s the price of buying that here.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

There doesn't seem to be anywhere I can affordably buy a B-Wing. Did everyone buy them for tournament troll builds?

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Leo Showers posted:

if you are using a phantom without either a stygium particle accelerator or an adv cloaking device then you are doing it wrong. i've run stygium particle accelerators on my sigma sq. phantom before and it was okay.

It's a toss up. The survival of the phantom isn't crucial on that particular build. If Turr kicks the bucket early (which is very possible) it makes sense to have a backup TL mechanic on the board to buff Vessery.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I wanna fly this when the Raider/S&V comes out:

Darth Vader (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Proton Rockets (3)
Sensor Jammer (0)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

You can't fit the ATC on Vader (and have everything else), so it's a toss-up between Sensor Jammer (which works well with Carnor to some extent), AdSensors or Accuracy Corrector. Accuracy Corrector might actually be more worth it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'd run Accuracy Corrector over Jammer. Having a guaranteed minimum two hits whenever you fire is going to help a lot with only having two dice.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Also I actually got to try out Vader last weekend and I can see why people like him. The only issue I had was that the lack of sharp 1 turn really hurts the ship in a significant way (along with only two dice, of course). As well as that, there were many times when I wish I could have used one of the actions to boost (hence the inclusion of the engine upgrade in the above list). The in-built TC is great though if you manage to be on the money with your maneuver though.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hell, I'd drop VI to fit ATC in there.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I like the VI because it gives me a guaranteed chance to go after phantoms/shoot first that you don't get if you keep him at PS9. Since you are at 100 points anyway (unless you drop either prockets or engine upgrade which I am unwilling to do), you either have to rely on your opponent having 100 points (and the roll of a dice) or be screwed out and have no reliable way to catch Phantoms.

EDIT: I guess you could drop Prockets on Vader, get the ATC and have a TC on Soontir though, could work.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I value a guaranteed crit on an attack more than I do the ability to fire at an uncloaked phantom with everyone except Wedge. Especially because the ATC works on more than just phantoms and I have a feeling phantoms are about to fall out of vogue.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

It's not so much the fact that it is uncloaked, but it is the positioning that matters. If you face a phantom with the above list and can't give your opponent the initiative, I can guarantee that the list above will get chewed up. It also doesn't just help against Phantoms but any sort of list that relies on high PS pilots.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

zVxTeflon posted:

Welp, looks like I need to make room in the plano for a Decimator and YT-2400.

:negative:

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Irom posted:

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Royal Guard Tie (0)
Autothrusters (2)
Targeting Computer (2)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Veteran Instincts (1)

Storm Squadron Pilot (23)
TIE/x1 (0)
Accuracy Corrector (0)

I think after the new poo poo comes out, this build makes way more sense. Then you don't have to worry about the squishy low-PS phantom and the TIE Advanced comes with a target lock action.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

zVxTeflon posted:

Aaaaaaaand the excuse I needed to buy a Mat from Miniature Market is handed to me. Sorry wallet, I do not mean to hurt you so...

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

susan posted:

Aaaaaaaand the excuse I needed to buy a Mat from Miniature Market is handed to me. Sorry wallet, I do not mean to hurt you so...

Is that the pre-order FFG one or is there another one on the site that I didn't see?

Edit: Nevermind! There's a bunch of different ones on there that I failed to notice!

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

susan posted:

Let us know how the mat is because I need a better playing surface but I was leaning towards the felt things mentioned a few pages back but these mats look pretty cool (although probably not 40 bucks cool).

susan
Jan 14, 2013

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Let us know how the mat is because I need a better playing surface but I was leaning towards the felt things mentioned a few pages back but these mats look pretty cool (although probably not 40 bucks cool).

I will let you know in (insert UPS Ground estimate) days!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Irom posted:

It's a toss up. The survival of the phantom isn't crucial on that particular build. If Turr kicks the bucket early (which is very possible) it makes sense to have a backup TL mechanic on the board to buff Vessery.

Well if that's the case maybe you should consider something like a Royal Guard Pilot with Push the Limit and a Targeting Computer.

e: Because lets be honest, you really aren't using the Phantom as a Phantom, so you might as well go for something, anything else. Even a TIE Advanced or something

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

4-sigma is the only time you should have naked phantoms and at that point it's way better to play with b-wings instead.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

4-sigma is the only time you should have naked phantoms and at that point it's way better to play with b-wings instead.

And this is absolutely true. Running a naked Phantom means that you potentially have no tokens on the turn you cloak up on which means you are relying on the good graces of the green dice, which while you can get 4 , you only have 2 shields and 2 hull so it's not like you have an abundance of hitpoints (you don't). If the Phantom is all you have then I guess you can run it but I'd still trade the FCS for at least a Stygium Particle Accelerator.

e: Like even if you strip VI off Vessery and put in a Delta SQ. Defender, at least THAT will be more survivable AND can kick out decent damage whilst being able to TL and support Vessery.

Recoome fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 18, 2015

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Royal Guard with PTL is a winning choice all the time, so you might as well use that.

Especially when Autothrusters come out and you become the definition of frustration.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Leo Showers posted:

Well if that's the case maybe you should consider something like a Royal Guard Pilot with Push the Limit and a Targeting Computer.

e: Because lets be honest, you really aren't using the Phantom as a Phantom, so you might as well go for something, anything else. Even a TIE Advanced or something

Yeah I think think a tie advanced will be the smarter buy once the X1 title hits

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So my LGS is doing a minis day this weekend, and I volunteered to do X-wing demo games. Hopefully I can gin up a few new converts, especially on the eve of S&V's release :getin:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Fantasy Flight just posted a statement about the port delays and the like, citing the following ship reprints as delayed:
  • X-Wing Core Set
  • Y-Wing Expansion Pack
  • TIE Advanced Expansion Pack
  • Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack
  • Slave I Expansion Pack
  • A-Wing Expansion Pack
  • TIE Interceptor Expansion Pack
  • B-Wing Expansion Pack
  • TIE Bomber Expansion Pack
  • Z-95 Headhunter Expansion Pack
  • TIE Defender Expansion Pack
  • E-Wing Expansion Pack
  • TIE Phantom Expansion Pack
  • Imperial Aces Expansion Pack

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Looks like it stalled up most/all of the reprints, but not S&V. I can only imagine how this is going to boost the shitstorm of entitled nerd bitching around the internet. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ha an upcoming store championships entree fee is to buy a $15 ship. Gonna be hard with those delays since they havent had a single thing in stock other than Tantives for months.

• Locked thread