Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

It might be!
It's a little sad that anyone other than me remembers a low-effort spiderman edit from 2011.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's a little sad that anyone other than me remembers a low-effort spiderman edit from 2011.

What if I remember one from way before that

Come to think of it, I don't think Spider-Man's gotten hit in the head recently.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is apparently going to wring this out for a few days.

It's not Christmas, nothing particularly Apple-y is going on in the news, Steve Jobs died in November, WHY THE HELL IS THERE SUDDENLY A CHRISTMAS CAROL KNOCKOFF!???

Working Daze really hits the "get angry at comics" buttons for me, ugh.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Evil Mastermind posted:

Zakour is the one with the transformation fetish, right? Why can't he transform Working Daze into something funny?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Green Intern posted:

Oh god, he said "iWAS" :negative:

Yeah.

Yeah, he did.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Working Daze is the worst.

But wait, Zakour and Roberts have a second strip where they incompetently plagiarize pay hilarious homage to basically every childhood strip from C&H to Peanuts to Marvin called Maria's Day!

Thomas Scott Roberts posted:

Hmm- not ‘exact same’- they’re all variants. Comics thrive on borrowing themes. I said “Calvin and Hobbes” when John first sent this one, but I thought it would be fun to see how we could handle it. But Calvin in many ways was Dennis The Menace crossed with Barnaby. And he was building on crazy things Little Lulu had done.
"Borrowing themes"

And sometimes just :rolleyes: attempts at jokes like WD

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
She has a point. Wrist watches are definitely not a category of item that has ever been expensive and charged a lot for.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Howard Beale posted:

Zakour is the one with the transformation fetish, right? Why can't he transform Working Daze into something funny?

He just needs a beaker of Funny Comic Strip DNA.

(Yes, yes, I know, that's Safe Havens.)

What I really hate about Working Daze* is the one-note evil boss character. Used to be, office strip bosses were portrayed as imperious and out of touch, but not necessarily evil. But now it seems like every office strip has to have a boss who's genuinely malevolent -- the PHB, Ms. Trellis from Fastrack, et al. It's gotten to be a tiresome cliche. At least Sally Forth went in a different direction with Ralph.

*(well, that and the fact that Scott Roberts is actually a good artist and shouldn't be wasting his time on this crap. Even though he clearly spends about 10 minutes per panel.)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Good on you People's Republic of China.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Clip From 'Hollywood Goes Bananas'

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Caffeine Stories

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Selachian posted:

He just needs a beaker of Funny Comic Strip DNA.

(Yes, yes, I know, that's Safe Havens.)

What I really hate about Working Daze* is the one-note evil boss character. Used to be, office strip bosses were portrayed as imperious and out of touch, but not necessarily evil. But now it seems like every office strip has to have a boss who's genuinely malevolent -- the PHB, Ms. Trellis from Fastrack, et al. It's gotten to be a tiresome cliche. At least Sally Forth went in a different direction with Ralph.

*(well, that and the fact that Scott Roberts is actually a good artist and shouldn't be wasting his time on this crap. Even though he clearly spends about 10 minutes per panel.)

Hey, the boss lady in Working Daze has two notes. She's evil and there's a water bottle in frame every single time she appears no matter what. Her water bottle tells you ____________ about her character. :colbert:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Mandrake killing hundreds of Japanese soldiers: cool as a cucumber, not a hair out of place.

Mandrake asking his long-time girlfriend to marry him: a gigantic sweaty wreck.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What, did they run out of rope for the suicide nets?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
The Good Guys, Relatively Speaking

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

I like how at no point does he connect the dots regarding this enigmatic, highly competent, identity hiding man who thinks precisely like the enigmatic, highly competent, identity hiding man that he takes orders from. How the gently caress does the Jungle Patrol solve any mysteries?

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

SomeMathGuy posted:

I like how at no point does he connect the dots regarding this enigmatic, highly competent, identity hiding man who thinks precisely like the enigmatic, highly competent, identity hiding man that he takes orders from. How the gently caress does the Jungle Patrol solve any mysteries?

They bumble around until the Phantom saves them. Duh.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Two nervous people--------facing-------------------------IT

Glory.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

For those who came in late.

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Juliet Jones

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Wow I don't even have to change anything to make it an "Owning Gunthie"; thanks Evanses. Also I expect a check and a writing credit:

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I got lovely drunk off A Beer, and rode in comfort on a guided tour bus for grandmas. I even had to change my own diaper a few times. It was hell and the beard stays, Mom!!

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Farmers get internet? Are there like five active users?

Bleeker

Now that's just bad user experience design.

On the Fastrack

Buckle up kids we're in for a week of this.

Safe Havens

Why would mouse boy care if campus security has an open file on him? That's their problem, not his. I'm sure he has important mousey business to do.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

Why would mouse boy care if campus security has an open file on him? That's their problem, not his. I'm sure he has important mousey business to do.

It's cool how she was going to kill and eat him less than 24 hours ago.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

This comic. :allears:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

A very accurate depiction of the face one should make when thinking, "Did he just sass the heavyweight champion of the world?"

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

ZeeToo posted:

Hey.

Post Mocha.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Speaking of Nervous People Facing......IT...

It's time for Classic Funky.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

ZeeToo posted:

Ayup. I know its a comic but god drat does the timeline of actions and dialogue not line up at all. Its like the deadly discus of death only travels at a snails pace.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Woah, this moron got himself a teardrop tattoo! Maybe those old ladies were members of the Mara Peruviatrucha.

Kismet posted:

It's cool how she was going to kill and eat him less than 24 hours ago.
You can't eat someone that speaks your language because it's wrong :downs: Now, let's check out Kevin & Kell...
How the hell does that mouse speak and understand english?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
This is why I love this thread - it's willing to go balls-deep in the truly vile poo poo of the funnies; the stuff Comics Curmudgeon will never touch.

I'm just imagining Josh Frulinger glancing at Working Daze and Holbrook, then just going "Nope! - nopenopenopenope"

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

So he's hanging on to the beard because it makes him feel less pathetic about feeling pathetic. Which makes him pathetic. Okay then...

Pogo (February 19-20, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Two (April 7-9, 1952)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Green Intern posted:

Oh god, he said "iWAS" :negative:

That doesn't bother me as much as her saying "BTW."

I kinda feel like Super Fun Pak Comics isn't anywhere near as good as it was when it was just an occasional feature in TTDB but Percival Dunwoody is the one exception because it's always great.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

That doesn't bother me as much as her saying "BTW."

I kinda feel like Super Fun Pak Comics isn't anywhere near as good as it was when it was just an occasional feature in TTDB but Percival Dunwoody is the one exception because it's always great.
I think most of these are individual strips cut out of a Super-Fun-Pak that previously ran in TTDB.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Evil Mastermind posted:

Luxury watches are well known for typically being inexpensive, after all.

Midnight Moth posted:

She has a point. Wrist watches are definitely not a category of item that has ever been expensive and charged a lot for.

edit: drat

• Locked thread