Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Igor Strelkov posted:

It sucks that the suns are being punished for trying something unconventional. But it's hard to argue with the numbers and how much better they've been when it's just Dragic running things.

It makes sense on paper but I mean, look at it from Dragic's angle

"You know the way you've played basketball your entire life and got you to the highest league possible and then to the elite level of said highest league? Here, play this way instead"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Jack's Flow posted:

I know last season was quite some time ago, but Dragic is really loving good, guys.

Is he really that good? Last season seems more like an outlier. I mean he's an above average player and all, but I think people are getting carried away. And for any team looking at him as a long term option, he'll be 29 at the start of next season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've always thought Dragic was really underrated and last year was just everyone noticing how good he was.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rick posted:

I've always thought Dragic was really underrated and last year was just everyone noticing how good he was.

One time he buried a stake in the heart of the Spurs which was objectively cool but subjectively awful because I was dating a Suns fan at the time

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
According to Chris Boussard the Lakers are making a run at Ty Lawson so I'm just going to go out and buy my purple and gold Lawson jersey right now because that's a sure thing.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Papercut posted:

Not sure how hot I am about giving up a pick for 3 months of Afflalo, even if he would be an insurance policy in case Matthews leaves.
I'm on the fence with it, too, but I do think Afflalo would fit really nicely into the backcourt rotation, and Olshey has yet to really gently caress anything up.

Also from several pages back re: Lillard/Lawson comparison I think Ty Lawson is underrated as gently caress and is a lot closer to Lillard than he gets credit for, but that may be because every time I see him he's going up against really iffy defense from Lillard

rivetz fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 19, 2015

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Ty Lawson is incredibly underrated and I don't know why more teams aren't going after him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BIZORT posted:

Ty Lawson is incredibly underrated and I don't know why more teams aren't going after him

Coaches don't know how to relate to millenials

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
They probably are, it's just that the Suns FO and Dragic's agent are loving with the media right now. Lawson isn't up for a new contract, hasn't publicly whined or anything, so the Nuggets aren't really up against the wall in the same way.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Some gms dont like super short pgs like lawson and IT

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

2 first rounders is the asking price? drat McDonough!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

2 first rounders is the asking price? drat McDonough!

Maybe the Lakers front office can trade the 2017 pick a third time, is Denver's front office really as bad as Woj acts?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

reggie and perkins for lawson who says no WHO SAYS NO

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Rick posted:

Maybe the Lakers front office can trade the 2017 pick a third time, is Denver's front office really as bad as Woj acts?

If they're not someone at ESPN doesn't like them very much.

I don't know if anyone remembers that big ESPN article from a few months ago on the Nuggets; it was the one that claimed that Faried was not well liked and Connelly was incompetent.

For some reason ESPN republished it a few days ago with some additional text, but gave it a current published date and only a small disclaimer that it had been previously published.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Also, Marc Spears reports that Jerome Kersey has died.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Woj is a super petty rear end in a top hat but on the other hand it's pretty clear the current FO is a major downgrade from Ujiri and co. How bad they actually are remains to be seen. Very few teams can pull off a successful rebuild and retain their management and coaching staff so it's tough to grade them on how this whole thing turns out, but looking at their moves on an individual basis might give a clue.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
One thing that stuck out to me in that ESPN article is this
""That gets glossed over. He says crazy s---."
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11865367/how-denver-nuggets-became-nba-biggest-disappointment

Does Faried ever say "crazy poo poo" publicly?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Spacebump posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5bMUOL1H9U&t=102s

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Ah man. He was one of the first basketball players who was famous to me.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Spacebump posted:

One thing that stuck out to me in that ESPN article is this
""That gets glossed over. He says crazy s---."
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11865367/how-denver-nuggets-became-nba-biggest-disappointment

Yeah. IIRC he's had some weird interviews. He was drunk in one and started talking about why black people are athletic and some other crazy poo poo.

But who knows. It was a "league source" and that just could be someone with an axe to grind.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lawson is better than Dragic and on a really nice deal. Not sure why Denver would trade him though unless they were blown away by an offer.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Niwrad posted:

Lawson is better than Dragic and on a really nice deal. Not sure why Denver would trade him though unless they were blown away by an offer.

Because they'll be in rebuild mode when they ship chandler or afflalo along with lawson. And 3 firsts is a decent way for a quick rebuild on a team that isn't anywhere near a championship.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

What the gently caress. My friend died of brain cancer a month ago and Kersey visited him in the hospital before he went. This loving sucks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 10m10 minutes ago
Going online now: ESPN sources say Wolves making late push before trade deadline to bring home Wolves legend Kevin Garnett in trade w/Nets

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 8m8 minutes ago
ESPN sources say Wolves and Nets have discussed deal to send Thad Young to Brooklyn in exchange for KG ... who of course has no-trade clause

So I guess KG could retire on the TWolves.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 19m19 minutes ago
Denver sifting offers on Arron Afflalo tonight, w/ some "late-chargers" thickening plot, sources tell Yahoo. Blazers still strongly in mix.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Terry Glenn posted:

You take Anthony Morrow out of the trade machine RIGHT NOW!!

:thumbsup:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Spacebump posted:

Going online now: ESPN sources say Wolves making late push before trade deadline to bring home Wolves legend Kevin Garnett in trade w/Nets

ESPN sources say Wolves and Nets have discussed deal to send Thad Young to Brooklyn in exchange for KG ... who of course has no-trade clause

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 19m19 minutes ago
Denver sifting offers on Arron Afflalo tonight, w/ some "late-chargers" thickening plot, sources tell Yahoo. Blazers still strongly in mix.

I mean it was rumored to be the clippers and blazers. Maybe the clippers offered them Big Baby and since shaw likes rap that made sense to him and he went forward with the deal.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

So instead of potentially even a lottery pick from the heat, Garnett gets a nice send-off video....

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I hope the Raptors some how can grab Thomas Robinson. They need another back up big that's not Hayes or Hansborough. Who knows, he may just need time to develop.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Came here to post about the KG rumor. It'd be kind of awesome to see Minnesota and Boston get in a nostalgia fueled bidding war.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Lockback posted:

So instead of potentially even a lottery pick from the heat, Garnett gets a nice send-off video....

Make one of these for him.

http://youtu.be/dkK2JA0JNlU

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
RIP mercy mercy. :(

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

thompson posted:

I mean it was rumored to be the clippers and blazers. Maybe the clippers offered them Big Baby and since shaw likes rap that made sense to him and he went forward with the deal.

hahaha

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Death By The Blues posted:

I hope the Raptors some how can grab Thomas Robinson. They need another back up big that's not Hayes or Hansborough. Who knows, he may just need time to develop.

I saw someone talking up Thomas Robinson and claimed he was 90% as good as Faried. Not a hint of humor or sarcasm in his tone

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Out of everything out there, Garnett to Minnesota makes the least sense

Jerome Kersey made it to the finals of the dunk contest one year against Jordan

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I am not saying he is even remotely good as Faried. However, I cannot watch 6'9 tex rex arms Hansborough try to defend in the post anymore. Last game Seraphin totally had his way with him. Raptors just need some one bigger and a 31 year old 6'6 Chuck Hayes is not helping either.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Niwrad posted:

There's a rumor from Broussard (lol) that says Shaw wants George Hill instead. Yeah.

quote:

Despite Lawson's production, he and Shaw have had trouble getting on the same page, and sources say Shaw would prefer to trade him for Hill because Hill can play at both a fast and slow tempo and is a strong defender. While an assistant coach in Indiana from 2011 to '13, Shaw mentored Hill and grew close to him.

"Brian loves George," said a league executive who is close to Shaw.

It is not clear whether Indiana is willing to part with Hill in a trade that would feature Lawson, but the Pacers' front office, led by Larry Bird, was high on Lawson when he entered the 2009 draft out of North Carolina. The Pacers considered taking Lawson with the 13th pick but instead chose his college teammate Tyler Hansbrough.

Brian love george.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

There's a rumor from Broussard (lol) that says Shaw wants George Hill instead. Yeah.

Brian love george.

It is important to remember that other than their three most important players (one of whom is now in Charlotte), the Pacers by and large have drafted like poo poo for pretty much the last decade

E: Not that the Pacers were the only team that missed out on Lawson, but still

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Stu Jackson is tweeting Detroit is offering a draft pick, Brandon Jennings, Caron Butler, and Jonas Jerebko for Joe Johnson. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Rest in Peace, Jerome Kersey.

• Locked thread