Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
F1 teams that aren't even functioning teams yet and don't have a car and never will can be fined? Bernie is an absolute genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

F1 teams that aren't even functioning teams yet and don't have a car and never will can be fined? Bernie is an absolute genius.

Not fined I bet it's more like they signed a contract and one of the clauses was that they had to show up at the first race with 2 cars and since they couldn't they had to pay a penalty.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

quote:

F1 mid-season helmet livery changes banned Febuary 18, 2015

Mid-season helmet livery changes have been banned, according to reports on Wednesday.

The respected German publication Auto Motor und Sport and the international news agency Reuters report that F1 drivers this year will have to start and finish the season with the same helmet colours.

http://thisisf1.com/2015/02/18/f1-mid-season-helmet-livery-changes-banned/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! TAKE THAT, FRAUD!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seriously dude, we were discussing this on the last page.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The F1 Fanatic blog guy had a meltdown about that rule on Twitter. I think he likes Vettel, and hell, Vettel is really good so who can blame him.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Alain Post posted:

The F1 Fanatic blog guy had a meltdown about that rule on Twitter. I think he likes Vettel, and hell, Vettel is really good so who can blame him.

Good. Whoever runs that blog sucks. It was good for news but holy hell that guy had bad opinions about stuff on Twitter.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

You Am I posted:

It will probably take several pages at least for the thread to die down after some sort of misfortune befalls Vettel.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

keevo posted:

Good. Whoever runs that blog sucks. It was good for news but holy hell that guy had bad opinions about stuff on Twitter.
Twitter is really bad for opinions and communication

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Worst guys in the worst thread.

Don't you listen to these sourpuss poms Danny Ric, don't you listen.

Bottas for WDC 2015

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

You Am I posted:

I can imagine him shaking with excitement and rushing over here to post about this one minor insignificant thing just so he could get one up on Vettel. It's a sad state of affairs if I'm being honest.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

HJB posted:

I can imagine him shaking with excitement and rushing over here to post about this one minor insignificant thing just so he could get one up on Vettel. It's a sad state of affairs if I'm being honest.

Indeed. But things will be looking up as soon as the great fraud retires.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

I'm glad Brainwrong has a disproportionate loathing of Ricciardo, otherwise we'd be dangerously close to consensus in the worst thread

Australians arent even real people.

Also I have reported everyone here who has called Vettel a fraud for boring trolling.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Mclaren Honda have strung together a 12 lap run so far today, with a reasonable best lap. Yay progress!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

This is true. Imagine if the cars changed paintjobs for every race.

Nascar does this and the sky doesn't mysteriously fall.

They do however get 40+ cars to every race rather than 18.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

track day bro! posted:

Australians arent even real people.

Also I have reported everyone here who has called Vettel a fraud for boring trolling.

Did you report Sebastian Vettel for being a fraudulent fraud?

F1 2014 Off Season - Sebastian Vettel is a fraud

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Oh my god, the most terrible news fellas!
ARE LEWIS is ill and cannot test.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
In more positive news, Sauber decided to add the yellow stripe to their paint scheme!!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

AgentJotun posted:

Mclaren Honda have strung together a 12 lap run so far today, with a reasonable best lap. Yay progress!

aaaaaaaaand then the engine broke, they're out for today and are unsure if they'll be ready tomorrow as it will require a full PU replacement

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Queue someone from mclaren saying "it's good to get the engine failure here so it doesn't happen at the first race..."

It's going to happen like clockwork throughout the season and Alonso will literally tear out his beard.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
"Bad news for McLaren. After a promising start, their running for the day is now over after Honda discovered a faulty seal in the energy recovery system, which requires a complete engine change. Even worse, the Japanese company need to redesign the part to prevent a repeat and this new bit will not be available until Saturday. So although Fernando Alonso will have a new engine when he drives tomorrow, the same problem could well hit him."

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

isn't this a different version of the engine than the one they ran at jerez?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Sashimi posted:

I remember the article you're talking about but I also can't find it. The fastest car though, it was something nuts like 8WD all powered by electric motors via a gas turbine generator. It also had full ground effects and a fan. It could theoretically take hairpins at something absolutely retarded like 160km/h. Made modern F1 cars look like go karts in comparison.
I searched for this (I like the idea of a billionaire's mental no-limits racing car so much I might put it into my next book), but couldn't find it. I did, however, find a blog where someone suggested in all seriousness that Gordon Murray's design was a bit wimpy with only a gas turbine engine, and proposed replacing it with a nuclear reactor instead.

That said, plenty of places where F1 races are held would be drastically improved by having fast neutrons and radioactive exhaust plumes sprayed over them. Build the Flying Crowbar, put it on wheels and give it a fan for ground effect, done.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Thought I wouldn't make it to a race this year due to personal financial goals and now work has just booked my flights, accommodation and tickets to the Malaysian GP.

Cheapest race of the year, but beggars can't be choosers.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

AgentJotun posted:

Yesssss! Finally we can see the-

be nice wicka posted:

aaaaaaaaand then the engine broke, they're out for today and are unsure if they'll be ready tomorrow as it will require a full PU replacement

SON OF A BITCH.

Ecstatic
Sep 30, 2010

Whitey Ford posted:

Cheapest race of the year, but beggars can't be choosers.

IMO the best race of the year as a spectator

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Dudley posted:

Nascar does this and the sky doesn't mysteriously fall.

They do however get 40+ cars to every race rather than 18.

Indycar too. They also started the trend of sympathetic helmet colours (i.e. you run a red Budweiser scheme, use a red lid). Here's Christian Fittipaldi binning off his Brazilian colours for beer dollars:

Crash helmet colours and liveries have always been an F1 staple, though.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
So I heard that McLaren are poo poo.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

track day bro! posted:

So I heard that McLaren are poo poo.

You misheard... it's actually Vettel who is poo poo. McLaren will get that car running probably soon and then we'll see some REAL pace I hope and show everyone they're WDC/WCC contenders probably not.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
#ZeroPointsF1Car

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Someone has to be last.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mclaren will win races

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Hello friend, welcome to the thread.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

be nice wicka posted:

mclaren will win races

Maybe they can get Button to fake an accident to get Alanso a win.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
2011 Bobby Kubica is quadro-spazzed after driving a rally car badly.
2012 Maria de Villota mashed up after driving into a truck
2013 Michael Schumcaher ruined after tripping over in the snow
2014 Julia Bianchi drives too fast in the wet and destroys her brain on a tractor.

Helmet pics in the Senna Files website - clearly show a bullet hole in the visor - yet hardly any helmet damage. German newspapers published a photo of him taken just before he was put in the helicopter - he was grey (from blood loss) but the only visible damage was a small (3cm) cut above the right eyebrow. The doctor who recieved him at hospital (Dr. Maria Teresa Fiandri) gave an image very different from the rumours about his face; "He came to me pale but beautiful and serene. It is the image that I remember. He had a cut on the forehead, three or four centimeters, nothing more. But when we turn him, I saw that he had much blood. And I wondered: "But from where come too much blood?" It came from the back, the base of the skull." (She then said when they washed his suit (to return it to the family) - the water turned red. (In fact Senna lost 4.5 litres of blood - 90% of the body's total - ie. MASSIVE blood loss.)) So - small wound at front of head, large wound at back of head = Bullet!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

quote:

But in his latest column, JONATHAN NOBLE argues that a radical overhaul of the cars does not need to be top of the list of things to change. Instead Formula 1 should focus on YouTube.
Problem solved

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
HonDUH.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
So Nasr's crashed into Our Suzie and cut short Williams' and Sauber's running. He's a Felipe all right

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We all hate Woking scum.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i love mclaren with all my heart and soul which means i don't love mclaren as i have neither a heart nor a soul which then makes me the truest mclaren fan so i guess you can say i'm confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Payndz posted:

I searched for this (I like the idea of a billionaire's mental no-limits racing car so much I might put it into my next book), but couldn't find it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_X2010

• Locked thread