Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

And for the rest of us who don't have the episode handy, care to clue us in?

Lemon Jon, when I googled "Lemon Jon" posted:

Whoa, hold the phone. What is this powerful new juice coursing fromst my core source? Aughhh! The juice aches. Is this the rumored ache of feeling? The feeling of caring unknown to lemons? New thoughts emerge... If I act, the candy people will suffer; if I don't, the lemon people will suffer... The greater good demands but one course only! That I dissolve the bonds uniting me and become component to all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The lemon candy of Lemon John still contained the essence of dissolved bonds, of sacrifice of an enlightened mind for the good of all rather than the sacrifice of the all for the good of an enlightened mind. Both of these things were antithesis to Matthew.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Thanks. Wasn't going to hunt down and read the entire script of an episode to try and catch something which might not even have been there in the first place.

But that's a drat fine reading of it there, JT Jag. Ta.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

pure porp

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So Susan is a cyborg?

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
The porp must flow!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So this was a anti HFCS/soda episode? Neat.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

MariusLecter posted:

So this was a anti HFCS/soda episode? Neat.

I think it was a "don't steal babies" episode

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
So is Susan being Finn's mom back on the crazy theory table? Was the hang up age or the mental issues that seem to be easy to explain with cybernetic brain experimentation jazz?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Das Boo posted:

edit: Spitballing, but is there a reason she couldn't be his mom? It just popped in my head and I wanna go to sleep rather than debunk the idea.

HA!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Guys, soda is really bad. Real heroes don't do drugs drink soda! Skateboarding is gnarly!

Odd posted:

I think it was a "don't steal babies" episode

Yeah, and you know who steals babies, don't you? PepsiCo.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Everybody, there's a new king in town.

Get ready.
Well no wonder Susan is so strong! She's got herself a BrawnBoost(TM) Implant!

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
It's crazy how this series started off as a goofy fantasy show and has since warped into a goofy sci-fi show.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I still love Jake's attitude of, "We could, but we could also not."

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
This episode felt like a combination of Fry and the Slurm Factory and The Case of the Cola Cult.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Everybody, there's a new king in town.

Get ready.
By the way....

Its the mouth thing that really sells it.

Courtesy of http://rootsoforigin.tumblr.com/post/111526123395/under-the-hat

MojoKingBee fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 20, 2015

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

umalt posted:

Callin' it, this is the episode where it explicitly tells us whether Susan is Human, or Hyooman.

CALLED IT!

Edit: I am starting to wonder if they're trying to wind down the series; more and more plot threads like this are being resolved as time goes on. I mean, this reveal opens more questions regarding Susan's nature. On the other hand, they're either having characters develop for the better (Peebles) or creating devices in order to improve them later (Betty); and are answering questions like these. Meanwhile, we're not seeing these mysteries being created at a similar rate as they're being closed. If they are doing this, it's still a long ways coming; at least another season at the least, 'cause I'm sure that CN aren't going to allow this thing to end quickly and we haven't heard any rumors regarding this yet.

Adeline Weishaupt fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 20, 2015

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
loving hell, the possibility that Martin did this to Susan infuriates me. It's right up his alley, too, the bastard. :tizzy:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This episode was excellent. A really cool, creepy vibe from the Super Porp factory and Cheryl.

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003
Welp. Susan just killed off the Eloi. No doubt they will starve to death without the Porp factory. Good job, I guess.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zeruel posted:

loving hell, the possibility that Martin did this to Susan infuriates me. It's right up his alley, too, the bastard. :tizzy:

It's possible Susan's real name is Minnie Mertens.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Say Nothing posted:

Haha, didn't notice before that's an X-Wing cockpit

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I find it incredibly unlikely that Susan is Finn's mom, although I wouldn't be that surprised to find out she's his sister(although the part of me that ships them together would be disappointed by that)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It was nice seeing Finn do something truly standout heroic again in The Visitor. I feel like it's been awhile since we've seen his never-give-up attitude on display, whether he's busting through a wall to escape a ghost, or shrugging off two broken legs with a mega casual "whatever".

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 20, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Marcy did indeed drink Super Porp as a kid.
Peebs likes it too.

CJBurgandy
Nov 10, 2006

"I need my Plumbing checked" was not a suggestion to unclog the bathroom sink!

Say Nothing posted:

I see this image and all I can think of is Martin saying "It's driving me nuts" in a bad pirate accent.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I like the really trolly way they set up the Susan reveal where you're like "oh okay she IS human--oh, gently caress"

Best episode in a while. They got my hopes up with Beemo and Marcy showing up in the beginning but I'll take what we got. Susan's camouflage was cute.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Susan not listening to the big villain speech was the best.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Kinda interesting Susan has a team now, and that one of them is a sign language user, and mute!

Go Susan, with your Hero Heart. (probably also a cyborg implant)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The implant reminded me of Bravest Warriors.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

MacheteZombie posted:

The implant reminded me of Bravest Warriors.

I think it was the Emotion Lord's VA.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

I think it was the Emotion Lord's VA.

That was him doing the voice! Ha, completely missed that. I'm usually the one pointing out all the VA's to my friends when we watch cartoons.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm going to an Adventure Time watch party tonight and I realized that we'll probably just end up watching whatever we can find, which is lame! Anyone have suggestions for a watch list? This was me trying my best to narrow it down to three episodes per season. I think most of the people there won't be into continuity so I tried to cut down on a lot of those episodes except the ones I couldn't help.

Evicted!
Dungeon
Freak City

It Came from the Nightosphere
Susan Strong
The Pods

Hitman
Too Young
What Was Missing

Goliad
Princess Cookie
BMO Noire

Mystery Dungeon
BMO Lost
Puhoy

Thanks for the Crabapples, Giuseppe!
Something Big
Little Brother

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Somberbrero posted:

I'm going to an Adventure Time watch party tonight and I realized that we'll probably just end up watching whatever we can find, which is lame! Anyone have suggestions for a watch list? This was me trying my best to narrow it down to three episodes per season. I think most of the people there won't be into continuity so I tried to cut down on a lot of those episodes except the ones I couldn't help.

Evicted!
Dungeon
Freak City

It Came from the Nightosphere
Susan Strong
The Pods

Hitman
Too Young
What Was Missing

Goliad
Princess Cookie
BMO Noire

Mystery Dungeon
BMO Lost
Puhoy

Thanks for the Crabapples, Giuseppe!
Something Big
Little Brother

Food Chain.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sons of Mars and Time Sandwich are really good fun/light episodes.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

kefkafloyd posted:

This episode felt like a combination of Fry and the Slurm Factory and The Case of the Cola Cult.

Given AT's post-apocalyptic world, it made me think of Nuka-Cola in Fallout 3...

I loved Jake's world-weary genre-savvy "why ruin a good thing" argument:

"Okay, listen. So okay, we could go track down the mysterious
source of Super Porp, do up a for-real quest, end up fighting some
big soda computer god baby or whatever. We totally could. BUT,
Super Porp is GOOD. So why question this good thing, man? Why?"

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

umalt posted:

Edit: I am starting to wonder if they're trying to wind down the series; more and more plot threads like this are being resolved as time goes on. I mean, this reveal opens more questions regarding Susan's nature. On the other hand, they're either having characters develop for the better (Peebles) or creating devices in order to improve them later (Betty); and are answering questions like these. Meanwhile, we're not seeing these mysteries being created at a similar rate as they're being closed. If they are doing this, it's still a long ways coming; at least another season at the least, 'cause I'm sure that CN aren't going to allow this thing to end quickly and we haven't heard any rumors regarding this yet.

I often get the impression that the show is written with the possibility of ending some time soon kept in mind. Season 2's ending, for example, felt like they were hedging their bets against that being the end of the series. They're constantly running characters through arcs and changing up the big, looming threats but there's always a few things up in the air they could use to whip together a grand finale if they ever needed to. Like, if they were writing the last season then Betty doing something to save the Ice King (or give him a final sendoff) could happen, while if they're not then they'll have Betty do something that just keeps the ball rolling in some new direction.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Watch all the Lemongrab, Simon and Lich episodes in chronological order

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Soooooo is Magic Man gonna be the King of Mars now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Philip Rivers posted:

Soooooo is Magic Man gonna be the King of Mars now?

Dunno. I mean, they sort of all left. If they don't come back, he can be king of Mars. If they do...who could stop him?

Actually, I would imagine his own attention span would stop him.

• Locked thread