Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Rorus Raz posted:

Oh god, he's actually becoming Onion Joe

Bring on Diamond Joe Biden!

That reminds me, I wonder if we'll ever get something as good as #RomneyDeathRally in the 2016 cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ralepozozaxe posted:

He's not commending Obama or acknowledging the bombing. Obama recently ask for war powers from congress, so now republicans have to figure out what opinion to have one this (making sure not to side with Obama). Payne, at the very least, hasn't changed his view towards ISIL because of Obama.

I know it's been happening for years, but I can't believe "this person didn't immediately reverse positions when Obama finally did what he'd been asking him to do" is actually a sign of uncommon integrity.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TVs Ian posted:

I was out of work for 6+ months around 2012, and I couldn't even get the fast food places to call me back. Probably because I was in my 30s and had been making more at my previous jobs, so they figured I'd bail as soon as something better came along. They would have been absolutely right, but still I couldn't even get an interview, much less a job.

And of course my dad thought that if I just drove around wearing nice clothes with a stack of resumes, and handed them out to every business around, I'd get a job in no time. I guess someone who hasn't had to look for work in 40+ years wouldn't really know how that kind of thing works now.
Yeah I'm in the same boat except I'm fresh out of college looking to go as an RA for grad school (maybe intern with the Geocorps in the Summer if I can beat the 20-30 applicants for the 3 internships I signed up for) and I literally can't get a job at a loving Sheetz gas station.

Thankfully I have a fall back in being an insulator apprentice because of my dad, but I really really don't want to give up all my dreams of being a scientist to work as a third generation union asbestos insulator. Mainly because I can imagine "Oh don't worry just work a year and pay off the debt and then try again for grad school" will probably lead to me being 40 and still working as an insulator and resisting the urge every day to jump off the high roofs they want to send me in. :smith:

Anyway some local Pittsburgh news strip

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Mellow Seas posted:

Not all ladies mind it when Joe gets close, mind you.

Diamond Joe paying no mind to Troll and Slug.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Diamond Joe paying no mind to Troll and Slug.

The Veep still gets one free hit and 50/50 ain't good odds.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I have neglected Steve Sack for ages, I remember him not being a poo poo.

1 2

3 4

5 6

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Is this supposed to be an indictment of Jon Stewart or the other cable news networks?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Elephant bringing some gifts because he wants to lay some pipe

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

Is this supposed to be an indictment of Jon Stewart or the other cable news networks?

The right wing seems to think they're being very smart by showing that the Daily Show was not in fact a real news show and that by screaming this enough some how they're gonna totally destroy Jon Stewart and those dirty liberals that called them out on all their horrible poo poo and for making fun of them

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

"It will take far more than a congressional resolution to stop ISIS"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Gee Horsey, I wonder how that camel died.

Hmmm, must have dropped dead all on its own.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Post 9-11 User posted:

I have neglected Steve Sack for ages, I remember him not being a poo poo.

The South is stuck in the 7th century, AGC.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
This is amazing, because Skye is not just getting a burn in on her sister; she's getting a burn in on Muir. The text of the first two dialogue bubbles is obviously from this page on about.com. Muir has previously done the exact same thing (minus the acknowledgment of what he was doing) in some of his strips involving auto repair, and he was mocked for it in this thread. Chris Muir... showing self-awareness? :aaaaa:

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

Vogon Poet posted:

This is amazing, because Skye is not just getting a burn in on her sister; she's getting a burn in on Muir. The text of the first two dialogue bubbles is obviously from this page on about.com. Muir has previously done the exact same thing (minus the acknowledgment of what he was doing) in some of his strips involving auto repair, and he was mocked for it in this thread. Chris Muir... showing self-awareness? :aaaaa:

Holy poo poo! I just noticed Skye's I-pad is open to the exact page Muir cribbed from. Is Muir okay? Should we call the hospital? :ohdear:

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

TheMaskedChemist posted:

Holy poo poo! I just noticed Skye's I-pad is open to the exact page Muir cribbed from. Is Muir okay? Should we call the hospital? :ohdear:
The "drawing" in the first panel is also taken from that page. I didn't even notice that before. :psyduck:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Vogon Poet posted:

Ok fess up, which one of you hacked his website?

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!
First Stilton Jarlsberg makes a joke that isn't racist or homophobic, and kind of gets a chuckle out of me...

And now Muir is making dumb-strawwoman-librul into an actual person with depth who isn't completely stupid? And showing self-awareness?

What is happening? :ohdear: Is this really the end times? Or are there stink lines in these cartoons that aren't showing up on my screen?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

First Stilton Jarlsberg makes a joke that isn't racist or homophobic, and kind of gets a chuckle out of me...

And now Muir is making dumb-strawwoman-librul into an actual person with depth who isn't completely stupid? And showing self-awareness?

What is happening? :ohdear: Is this really the end times? Or are there stink lines in these cartoons that aren't showing up on my screen?

World has apparently gone topsy-tervy, let's hope it continues.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Dazzling Addar posted:

Absolutely not? An atrocity is never justified by another atrocity. If I didn't know better, I'd think that you were trying to put words in my mouth. "Longstanding animosity exacerbated by unjust treatment of immigrants between two nations discourages anti-war dissent" is not an unreasonable thing to say. You said that you had never heard of a Japanese equivalent of the July 20th plot, I simply gave a potential explanation as to why and a jumping off point in the Japanese Communist Party if you wanted to look into what anti-war resistance did occur Showa-era Japan.

It's a cartoon thread, so I'm going to mention Barefoot Gen here. Doesn't cover organized resistance, but does portray what happened when you showed up drunk to militia spear practice and called bullshit on the idea that said spear-thrusting militia was going to do anything useful during a U.S. invasion.

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

Ardeem posted:

World has apparently gone topsy-tervy, let's hope it continues.

The next Bennentt will be complex and over labeled, Ramirez will draw Obama as a recognizable person, and concede that maybe he as some good points. I'm scared. So very scared. :ohdear:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Mark my words, Muir's gonna go back to producing the same level of poo poo we've come to expect from him in just a few days.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Wolfowitz is seriously on deck for Jeb? As in one of the primary architects* for postwar Iraq?

*well, as much as you can architect an epic loving disaster, anyway

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If only we'd kept the Krauts poor, jobless, and starving after WW1, we never would have had to deal with their poo poo again!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Gee Tinsley, if she has enough cash to pay the bills of all those lads AND her student loans AND has enough free time to do pointless petty poo poo, I think her doing Sociology was a good bloody call.

VitalSigns posted:

If only we'd kept the Krauts poor, jobless, and starving after WW1, we never would have had to deal with their poo poo again!

I kinda wish there was a emote between :hitler: and :golfclap:, bravo!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Tinsley is having all these people own their own homes! :psyduck:

First a guy paying plumbers and electricians and now someone making roofer payments. It's like Tinsley hates education, but also hate young people, so he has to project a real problem onto the wrong generation.

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

Mark my words, Muir's gonna go back to producing the same level of poo poo we've come to expect from him in just a few days.

Of course he is, but it's fun to pretend that these comics are more than accidental outliers, that stem from Muir being so far up his own rear end that he has finally found his teeth.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

WarpedNaba posted:

Gee Tinsley, if she has enough cash to pay the bills of all those lads AND her student loans AND has enough free time to do pointless petty poo poo, I think her doing Sociology was a good bloody call.

My student loans were monthly, so if she's making her 68th one, she's only been paying them for just over 5 and a half years.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

I kinda wish there was a emote between :hitler: and :golfclap:, bravo!

Huh.. could have sworn there was a standalone clap like there's a stand alone fap and high five. Closest I can do is :hitler::hf::). How much is it again? Cause that would be really useful.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
They're saying that having a job prevents people from becoming terrorists in the first place you stupid, stupid fuckers.

edit: unless there was some terrorist recruiting session at the conference? I didn't read the entire contents of it.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 19, 2015

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Mister Adequate posted:

Yeah a guy who predicts things with far better accuracy than chance would allow is clearly insane, and the people reflexively assuming a major motion picture has an accurate prediction of how AI would turn out are the sensible ones. :hurr:

Kurzweil is a raving fanatic who monetizes his idiotic "singularity" bleating by selling bullshit classes to equally insane rich, influential technoutopian wankers. Furthermore, his earlier predictions were either obvious to those skilled in the art at the time of the prediction or unfalsifiable bullshit that had as much rigor as a horoscope. He did some great signal processing work and that (along with working at MIT, a place born to cultivate off-the-rails technologists) made him think he had license to fantasize and futurise to all who would listen.

If you really respect a man whose beliefs include taking 150 supplements to make him transhuman or:

quote:

He asserts that in the future, everyone will live forever.[56] In a 2013 interview, Kurzweil said that in 15 years, medical technology could add more than a year to one's remaining life expectancy for each year that passes, and we could then "outrun our own deaths"
then I don't know what to tell you.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdda_nNecY

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

- A political cartoonist who majored in political science.

I literally cannot comprehend how one person can store up so much pointless, useless hatred for his fellows for this loving long. Surely after years- loving YEARS- of writing "gently caress you, academia," he'd have burned it off by now.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BBJoey posted:

Well the only actual example of resistance Fulchrum brought up was the July 20th Plot which was an attempt by some Nazi officials at assassinating Hitler and instigating a coup in the hope of negotiating a cease-fire with the Allies, so I assumed that's what he meant. If he meant resistance from the general populace that's even more laughable, because after Hitler's purges in the 30s there was barely a hint of dissent for the entirety of the war.

Is this the part where you try to claim the Red Orchstra, the White Rose, the Kreisau Circle, the Saefkow-Jacob-Bästlein Organization, the European Union, and the Bästlein-Jacob-Abshagen Group didn't exist? Or were they somehow opportunistic and only in it for themselves, so they're not real rebels? Or is it that cause they didn't manage to singlehandedly overthrow the Nazis they clearly weren't trying hard enough and were worthless?

You really are comitted to the idea that there was no significant German resistance, aren't you?

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Bob Lang thinks Williams was the tip of the iceberg. What about IRAQ and FALSE WAR REPORTING and, um, KATRINA ETC?

I'm surprised he didn't impale himself on his own lapels.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
The Post Office

Hard to believe that the Postal service both here in Israel and abroad has gotten slower (and more expensive!) over the years.
Why would you send a letter when you can send an email? or post something on facebook? Or tweet your latest thoughts? So the Post Offices in our countries just can't stand up to the competition. Of course if you want to mail somebody a few Haggadahs this means it costs a lot and takes a long time for delivery. So if you want to get your Dry Bones Haggadahs for this coming Passover, you'll have to order now! The LSW (Long Suffering Wife) mails them out from our local post office here in Israel. And then YOUR local snail mail service takes over! Yikes!
So if you want to make sure you'll get yours in time, you've got to order now! For details go to http://store.drybones.com

Labels: Haggadah, Mail, Passover, Pessach, Post Office

Western "Experts"

It's a scary situation. And our media "experts" are scared!
Please note!if you want to get your Dry Bones Haggadahs for this coming Passover, you'll have to order now! The LSW (Long Suffering Wife) mails them out from our local post office here in Israel. So if you want to make sure you'll get yours in time, you've got to order now! For details go to http://store.drybones.com
Labels: experts, Intimidation, isis, Islam, islamic state, Islamism, Political Correctness

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Samurai Sanders posted:

They're saying that having a job prevents people from becoming terrorists in the first place you stupid, stupid fuckers.

edit: unless there was some terrorist recruiting session at the conference? I didn't read the entire contents of it.

What you and Obummer are failing to realize is that economic factors have nothing to do with the root cause of terrorism: Islam. The only way to get rid of terrorism is to get rid of that, somehow.

That's the only thing I can get out of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nope you have it right. The conservative news creation contraption doesn't really have to analyze, just has to repeat a 10 second blurb, take it out of context or butcher it, and spin that poo poo until it makes cotton candy.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Western "Experts"

It's a scary situation. And our media "experts" are scared!
Please note!if you want to get your Dry Bones Haggadahs for this coming Passover, you'll have to order now! The LSW (Long Suffering Wife) mails them out from our local post office here in Israel. So if you want to make sure you'll get yours in time, you've got to order now! For details go to http://store.drybones.com
Labels: experts, Intimidation, isis, Islam, islamic state, Islamism, Political Correctness

Yes this would explain why Muslims from Europe are joining ISIS in droves and not trickles, and why there are so many ISIS members from Indonesia.

• Locked thread