Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stobbit
Mar 9, 2006
I've emailed my Series 6 bets with the assumption that A Christmas Carol is the first episode of series 6. I own all of the boxsets, and the Christmas specials (ignoring that weird post-Season 4 pre-season 5 year) have always been the first episode of the following series. A Christmas Carol is on the first disc of "The Complete Series 6", so I've always considered it part of series 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

jng2058 posted:

For the next one, I've already sent in my guesses and I'm sticking to my guns....every guess was either an A or an F! Will this strategy work? Probably not! In fact, I expect to be mired in the middle of the pack somewhere next season! but hell, it's worth a try, eh?

It would've worked well for series 5, I think, but not so much here. I'm gonna steal this strategy though.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I'd have had it if we went by the Netflix episode ordering! :argh: Ah well, I'll still take worst overall. Next season's guesses will aim to continue the... lead? No, that's not the right word. The other one.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Sighence posted:

I'd have had it if we went by the Netflix episode ordering! :argh: Ah well, I'll still take worst overall. Next season's guesses will aim to continue the... lead? No, that's not the right word. The other one.

Be warned, ill still not be using a random number generator :unsmigghh:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Just submitted my guesses for season 6. Also watching Broadchurch in the meantime, Rory is still the best no matter what show he's on

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Can we get official word on the format for the season 6 guesses, which episodes we're including, does the next special count too?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

adhuin posted:

JNG: I sent you a PM for the DALEK EMPIRE!!!

Congratulations! You're fit enough for the conversion.

Thankee, sir, I'll put that to good use!

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

It would've worked well for series 5, I think, but not so much here. I'm gonna steal this strategy though.

It'll be interesting to see how much we're the same and where we differ this season.

MikeJF posted:

Can we get official word on the format for the season 6 guesses, which episodes we're including, does the next special count too?

little_whore said to go by the Wikipedia entry, and that's "A Christmas Carol" through REDACTED. :rolleyes: Fourteen guesses. That's what I sent in, and I didn't get any word back asking for a fix, so I'm pretty sure it's good.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 18, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

jng2058 posted:

little_whore said to go by the Wikipedia entry, and that's "A Christmas Carol" through [YOU SHOULD PROBABLY CUT OUT THAT EPISODE NAME]

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

jng2058 posted:

It'll be interesting to see how much we're the same and where we differ this season.\

The last season is honestly kind of interesting in itself. Even with the full grade range our votes were pretty similar. Only two grades more than a letter different. That A for Cold Blood was a pretty big blunder on my part, but he did say he considered it momentarily. I'm on the right:

A A
C B
D B
B B
B A
C C
A A
D D
D A
A A
B B
A B
A A

The next season is more likely to have a split, though. Judging by the last vote, if we disagree I'm probably the one who's gonna take the hit.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

So it's a duel to the death with the best and worst of British Science Fiction as the weapons? Challenge accepted! :black101:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

jng2058 posted:

So it's a duel to the death with the best and worst of British Science Fiction as the weapons? Challenge accepted! :black101:

Quatermass vs My Hero

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

jng2058 posted:

"A Christmas Carol" through [spoiler]REDACTED

Incidentally, Occ I really hope you're playing this season from a source that doesn't show all the episode names ahead of time. Do yourself a favor and make a special effort not to be spoiled via titles this season.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

You basically have to close your eyes a lot while you're pressing the buttons on Netflix. Sometimes you may end up watching season 5 again by mistake, but that's okay.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Eh yo I'm buying a new gang tag and thus want a new av, does anyone have any ideas for a decent DW related one (since I know that once I buy it it'll be changed to a DW one anyways let's just cut out the middleman here

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

Eh yo I'm buying a new gang tag and thus want a new av, does anyone have any ideas for a decent DW related one (since I know that once I buy it it'll be changed to a DW one anyways let's just cut out the middleman here

Doc's Crew.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Toxxupation posted:

Virgin Nerds

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Rory?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

But enough about you let's talk about my avatar! O HO HO HO HO HO

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Toxxupation posted:

Blowjob Slabs

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Tardis Tenants

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oh I meant the av

I meant I was gonna get a DW related av, because I was buying a separate gangtag for a different thing that was pre-made

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Obviously you're using the "So tasty!" tag.

Get Matt wearing the fez.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

River Song being smug, with catchy phrase: "Spoilers!"

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

The penisface Dalek-human hybrid has not been used yet? thats a good one

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

The fifth doc and caption it "there must have been a better show"

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Pic one of the big finish covers and have the caption "I WILL NEVER LISTEN TO THIS"

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Little_wh0re posted:

Pic one of the big finish covers and have the caption "I WILL NEVER LISTEN TO THIS"

Spare Parts or Jubilee

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Toxxupation posted:

But enough about you let's talk about my avatar! O HO HO HO HO HO

:saddowns:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

adhuin posted:

River Song being smug, with catchy phrase: "Spoilers!"

This is the way to go mainly because it'll infuriate some people which will be hilarious.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

New av should be Rory. Anything else would be just wrong.

El Pato
Jul 2, 2007

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Are we still doing the 2 eps a week or is toxx on break?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Alternatively, give me a good monster hunter graphic to give Rory, like he is riding one of the monsters or holding one of the weapons made from them. I don't know the game well enough, but I bet somebody can make you a fine Rory/Monhun hybrid.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Bicyclops posted:

Alternatively, give me a good monster hunter graphic to give Rory, like he is riding one of the monsters or holding one of the weapons made from them. I don't know the game well enough, but I bet somebody can make you a fine Rory/Monhun hybrid.

That would actually be baller as gently caress and I'd be real grateful

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

El Pato posted:

Are we still doing the 2 eps a week or is toxx on break?

I should have Series 5 in review sometime this week, I think I'm divorced enough from the season to write it up fairly

X-Mas review should, hopefully, hopefully, be up this weekend, also I need to send out rewards to everyone who won and lost again?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
something with THIS:

maybe?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Someone please make this, except better.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Never mind I looked it up

Okay let's give out awards to the winners, for ref just either pm me here or add me as a friend on steam this is my account, if your steam name is different than your real name let me know

Okay Rochellor you get KR0

Death cab for .qt being the losingest (least number right) of the loser tie you get MGR

Juvenalian Satyr for being runner up in losing you get first choice of the remaining games, which is BIT TRIPs BEAT and RUNNER, DXHR, Portal 2, Skyrim, Bastion, Papers, Please, Bully, SMB, New Vegas, and Spec Ops

Proposition Joe gets second choice for guessing the most right

Mo0 wins the pity prize for somehow never guessing right, third choice of remaining prizes

Everything else gets rolled into the next contest

Toxxupation posted:

Reminder to send in your guesses for Series 5 if you haven't! It's free and here's the stuff you could win!

For reference, that's:

BIT. TRIP BEAT
BIT. TRIP RUNNER
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE
Portal 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Bastion
Papers, Please
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Super Meat Boy
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (<- one of Oxxidation's favorite games ever)
Spec Ops: The Line (<- one of the only war story video games I can tolerate)

and the grand prize for Series 5, Kentucky Route 0!

please enter, it's free! Also it'll incline you to not post spoilers, since that's literally the only way one can get disqualified!

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I already have KR0 (which is a great game and you should all play it) so can I make Toxx watch The Curse of Fenric donate it back into the prize bag for Series 6?

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

Rochallor posted:

I already have KR0 (which is a great game and you should all play it) so can I make Toxx watch The Curse of Fenric donate it back into the prize bag for Series 6?

As one of numerous people who is tied for fourth and also as someone who does not understand numbers I'm pretty sure you'll find I'm next in succession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefyTaco
Nov 29, 2007

Squirtle, you cannot use fire. You are a water pokemon.
Sent in my guesses for season six too (including the Christmas special). I was so close getting a score under 10 for season five, so I bet I can do better!

• Locked thread