Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Beth is retired and now happily married to Edge.

Oh yea... RIP. She's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Do they censor the TV broadcasts but not the stuff on here or do they miss stuff on the TV broadcasts or what. On the Raw where Stone Cold stunners McMahon for the first time I distinctly heard Goldust shout "You motherfucker!!!" and also saw both of Stone Cold's middle fingers. And in the NXT stuff even though it has a TV PG rating you can here the audience say stuff like gently caress Him Up! gently caress Him Up!

They're really weird about that stuff. On certain ppvs they've gone back and censored them, but some they haven't. I also just watched one where goldust is out by the fans and a fan clearly and loudly yells human being right into his face. I assume they've censored some stuff that's been on dvds at some point, but just left the rest of the stuff as it is

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Do they censor the TV broadcasts but not the stuff on here or do they miss stuff on the TV broadcasts or what. On the Raw where Stone Cold stunners McMahon for the first time I distinctly heard Goldust shout "You motherfucker!!!" and also saw both of Stone Cold's middle fingers. And in the NXT stuff even though it has a TV PG rating you can here the audience say stuff like gently caress Him Up! gently caress Him Up!

the nxts was probably one of their 2 hours specials, which are live and probably dont edit cuz it goes up on the network immediatly after it airs

the old stuff is a hodgepodge of preparing it to various releases and also their old on demand network, so it may have had prep work or not, they actually taken down and readded some old stuff in better versions before

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My mom really liked hearing the crowd chant Holy poo poo! Holy poo poo at this years Royal Rumble.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I think folks like Beth Phoenix and Natty are like today's Chynas from what I seen but I do have to say the NXT Women's Championship belt animation they do where the pink sequins sparkle onto the belt and a chime noise plays borders on offensive, and is just not cool at all in general lmao.

the divas belt is a fuckin butterfly also its called the divas championship and they retired the womens championship for it which had the longest lineage of all of their titles lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

they really dont care hahah

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

elf help book posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

the divas belt is a fuckin butterfly also its called the divas championship and they retired the womens championship for it which had the longest lineage of all of their titles lol

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

I've been liking being teleported to '99 where you can hear King just say some crap about a Japanese wrestler flipping off the rope ringside like "He's a Kamikaze Fighter Right Now" and JR quietly clears his throat but it happens match after match.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I've been liking being teleported to '99 where you can hear King just say some crap about a Japanese wrestler flipping off the rope ringside like "He's a Kamikaze Fighter Right Now" and JR quietly clears his throat but it happens match after match.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Does anyone know if they've had some crazy Japanese guy with a monster gimmick and King does his Heh heh! laugh and says they should of dropped the third bomb.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

There was one match I remember where King kept refering to Kai En Tai as "chinamen"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yokozuna is a samoan, lol

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Rusev is bulgarian it don't matter

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MzaqCImYu0

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Wormskull who's your favorite manager you've seen since you started watching

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

yokozuna is a samoan, lol

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Wormskull who's your favorite manager you've seen since you started watching

Well the only answer to the question for anyone would be Paul Heyman but other than that I like Paul Bearer, Bobby Heenan, the manager(?) of Enzo Amore, so far.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

IfGeneral Managers of stuff count then I like Vicky Guerrero and I think Booker T was one so him as well.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Mr Fuji:

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Worst Manager of the Year (1984-1995)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Mr Fuji:

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Worst Manager of the Year (1984-1995)

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

arent the diva fights pretty much "watch these hot girls wearing next to nothing go at it"

also didnt they used to have topless matches and poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Some of the divas, especially in NXT, are freaking badass wrestlers actually.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Paige and AJ Lee are cool WWE Divas but the least hokey looking wrestling I've seen is from Natty. Also the match I watched that got me into Wrestling had Kelly Kelly in it and she was pretty awesome as well.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Wormskull posted:

Some of the divas, especially in NXT, are freaking badass wrestlers actually.

Wormskull posted:

Paige and AJ Lee are cool WWE Divas but the least hokey looking wrestling I've seen is from Natty. Also the match I watched that got me into Wrestling had Kelly Kelly in it and she was pretty awesome as well.

It's getting better but we have a long way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXrJkF56suQ

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

arent the diva fights pretty much "watch these hot girls wearing next to nothing go at it"

also didnt they used to have topless matches and poo poo

"watch these hot girls wearing next to nothing go at it" sounds more exciting than what it actually is

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

elf help book posted:

"watch these hot girls wearing next to nothing go at it" sounds more exciting than what it actually is

The worst was all those diva searches.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
on raw when Wyatt is hammering that nail I kept hoping it would zoom out to reveal it was the final nail in a coffin with the words 'my career' written on it

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Vince McMahon has a T-Rex skull in his office

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

hubris.height posted:

on raw when Wyatt is hammering that nail I kept hoping it would zoom out to reveal it was the final nail in a coffin with the words 'my career' written on it

Bwaahahah.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Well the only answer to the question for anyone would be Paul Heyman but other than that I like Paul Bearer, Bobby Heenan, the manager(?) of Enzo Amore, so far.

Jimmy hart...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Luna is badass.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
what's on smack down tonight? Anything good?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
tomohiro

ishii

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[JR Voice:] Mr rear end, as it says on his tights... Excuse my language, mama.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The WWE Black History month stuff is pretty epic.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
smackdown was pretty good so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
big show actually punches people to gently caress with them lol