Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

PS3 version just got delayed until the 24th for some reason.

Apparently two game-breaking bugs were discovered, so they're probably patching that up in one go instead of making another path after release. There's a good chance they won't be making any more patches and updates for the PS3-X360 versions once the initial build is out, which spells disaster if any more game breaking bugs are found after the first build and they decide to not patch those.

quote:

Q: Can you tell me about post-launch DLC for the PS3™ and Xbox 360 versions of the game, as well as any patch or update plans?

A: We are approaching the limit of additional downloadable content we can provide for the PS3™ and Xbox 360 versions of the game due to hardware capacity constraints. There is a possibility that you will be unable to download new DLC or patches and title updates for the game on those platforms.
We are currently looking into the problem, and will issue a notification as soon as we have more information.
Moreover, any previously released DLC, as well as preorder costume packs for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round can be used.
The PS4™, Xbox One and Steam versions of the game do not have this particular issue.

So, at least the Steam version doesn't seem to be some middle rear end backwards version, but I'm still keeping well away from it until they pull their heads out of their rear end and give detailed info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Some fun stuff on the FAQ

quote:

How can I carry over my save data from Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate for PS3™?

1. Install the title update for the PS3™ version of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (or Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate) scheduled to be made available from February 17th.
*Applying the title update to DOA5U will change the game title to "Dead or Alive 5 Last Round."
2. Select "Options" from the main menu on Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for PS3™ and press the □ button to upload your save data online.
3. Start up Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for PS4™ while it is connected online.
Carrying over your save data will enable you to keep items such as your game progress, and any titles you have obtained.
*You cannot import your save data if you have already created save data for DOA5LR on PS4™. In this case, you will need to delete your save data and follow the procedure described above.

So is the PS3 version of DOA5U getting a free upgrade to LR?

also another fun one

quote:

Can I purchase individual costumes for the PS4™ version of the game on PlayStation®Store?

A6: Costumes are only available in packs on PlayStation®Store for the PS4™ version of the game.
If you wish to purchase individual costumes, you will need to purchase them for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate on PS3™ and then carry over your save data.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also there are people on Live on Playstation right now playing this.

Freestepdodge posters who got it early say that the win poses are now 60fps, the netcode is lovely for some, better than doa5u for others, but there's a day 1 patch for launch.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I wanna get back into DoA but it really depends if the netcode actually is better. Time to wait and see I guess.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Some fun stuff on the FAQ

So is the PS3 version of DOA5U getting a free upgrade to LR?

also another fun one

They will definitely patch it for LR compatability, but I really doubt we'd be getting any patches outside of those related to comparability fixes.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also there are people on Live on Playstation right now playing this.

Freestepdodge posters who got it early say that the win poses are now 60fps, the netcode is lovely for some, better than doa5u for others, but there's a day 1 patch for launch.

Most people seem to be playing on X1 f2p version thanks to an invite bug. Some say intro-outros are 60fsp while others say they're 30, so who knows, they could all be wrong.

I think this'll be a negative in long run, because they needed the memory while the game was playing an outro, that's one reason why you couldn't immediately skip either intros or outros during matches.

Evil Canadian posted:

I wanna get back into DoA but it really depends if the netcode actually is better. Time to wait and see I guess.

Wait until release. It's pretty much the same as Ultimate with a £30 price tag for current gen and PC.

I'm gonna wait for the PC online to go up before I even consider buying it.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Matches are 10fps with outros at 60fps. Servers aren't on so lots of stuff is super busted.

Source: me playing it right now.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Cross posting from the ps store thread, DOA:LR patch is up already for PS3. About 2GB.

The 2 new characters are locked from the start. (I had purchased the full version of DOA5U before) and they are not on the PSN store as of yet.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
All of the XB1 sets/unlocks are set to $399.99 with no actual game in sight.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Neo Helbeast posted:

All of the XB1 sets/unlocks are set to $399.99 with no actual game in sight.

buy them and see if it works

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Neo are you playing on XBone with a stick? Because a bunch of people on FSD says it's not supporting the Madcatz TE2 on xbone

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

buy them and see if it works

I tried, it just says "No content found".

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Neo are you playing on XBone with a stick? Because a bunch of people on FSD says it's not supporting the Madcatz TE2 on xbone

My stick's for PS4, so no.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Neo Helbeast posted:

My stick's for PS4, so no.

Same. For what it's worth it worked on the PS3 version of Last Round. Mr. Wah also stated that the Xrd TE2 worked fine on the PS4 version.

Also, rumor on FSD for a $100 season pass for all the DLC. No clue if it counts the DOA5/DOA5+/DOA5U content as well.

InformationHigh
Jun 27, 2004

The last 4 or 5 DLC packs are over $100 so it would already be a bargain :v:

Also trying to use Xbox.com for Xbox One games is the worst. It would be absolutely okay if they just copied the playstation store. There was a bunch of DLC on there that it looks like they pulled since the last time I looked.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Doing Tag mode for Arcade now unlocks costumes for both characters, not just the first one you pick.

That's new.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Game is super busted on XB1, I've transferred save data and none of my titles and none of costumes transferred over. Searching for a lobby has a 50/50 chance of freezing the xbox and if you have challenge mode on in free training it drops your frames to like 10fps.

Oh and this: http://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=9615503

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Doing Tag mode for Arcade now unlocks costumes for both characters, not just the first one you pick.

That's new.

That was part of an update for Ultimate(1.6?). Makes getting stuff super easy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Seems to work pretty good on PS4.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
As far as I can tell, the PS3 Ultimate-to-Last Round title update just changed the game's title and added a couple of new characters. Are there any other differences?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

...! posted:

As far as I can tell, the PS3 Ultimate-to-Last Round title update just changed the game's title and added a couple of new characters. Are there any other differences?

the balancing updates were put in as well

Channukah seems like a fun character so far

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

I wonder if they finally fixed the tutorial.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

...! posted:

I wonder if they finally fixed the tutorial.

What was the problem before?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

One of the patches introduced a new bug into some of the tutorial lessons that jacked the AI to maximum level. It makes doing some of the tutorials impossible unless you're very, very good at the game. The dev team said they knew about it (and that it was definitely unintended) but had no plans to fix it that I know of.

The only known workaround is to delete all the game patches. The problem is that anyone who bought the digital version after a certain point in time (like me :() can't delete the patches because they're baked into the download file.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Maybe a six-week delay for the PC version is a good thing after all.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/568055339079192576

Those of you with the Xbox360 version of Ultimate might be interested in reading this. It looks like selecting the in game store erases save data if all the costume packs were not downloaded. It can be fixed by going to the store outside of the game and downloading them.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So, the tutorial mode that some consider the best in a fighting game is actually hosed up AI-wise and thus useless?

InformationHigh
Jun 27, 2004

I can't imagine too many people are suddenly getting into this after it's 3rd release but it's hilarious to think someone new just getting torn up trying to learn what a hold is. Maybe Itagaki already paid a visit to his old studio.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/568055339079192576

Those of you with the Xbox360 version of Ultimate might be interested in reading this. It looks like selecting the in game store erases save data if all the costume packs were not downloaded. It can be fixed by going to the store outside of the game and downloading them.

FFFFFFFFFFFF, that's exactly what I did to patch it, that's why I lost all my stuff.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I won't be on much until the weekend but add me if you want some easy wins on PS4. I mainly use Tina, Christie and Sarah and I suck.

PSN: Static Rook

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is it ok to talk about LR PS4 here?
So I have the Core/Demo... is online really this hard to find players? I might almost sorta be tempted to buy this but the matchmaking just hangs forever. Given the notion that the PC version won't get Online for 3 months I just wonder if, like, they just have really bad multiplayer implemented or... what.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Apparently multiplayer is just kinda broke at the moment. Folks that are getting matches are lagging pretty badly? I don't play online so I don't know first hand.

I want to congratulate TN for making a character who I cannot stand in any language, gently caress you Honoka

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Apparently multiplayer is just kinda broke at the moment. Folks that are getting matches are lagging pretty badly? I don't play online so I don't know first hand.

The PS3/360 versions are working just fine while XB1 version(no idea about PS4 yet) is basically unplayable from the massive lag spikes to its high chances of freezing. These problems were probably why the PC release got pushed back so far.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I want to congratulate TN for making a character who I cannot stand in any language, gently caress you Honoka

She is literally like somebody stabbed nails into my ears and violently ravaged them.

InformationHigh
Jun 27, 2004

I messed up and hosed my 360 save trying to transfer to my One. I usually always had my save in the cloud because I switched between two different consoles. I'm not quite sure how it works, but would I be able to go to my other console and copy the save from there before it gets synced or am I screwed.

Neo Helbeast posted:

She is literally like somebody stabbed nails into my ears and violently ravaged them.
Despite that she's a lot of fun. It's like they grabbed all the fun moves from everyone (Dragon Kick) and stuck them on her with little regard to how well it meshes with anything else.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Raidou has an EWGF which is pretty funny. I haven't messed around much but that got a chuckle. I never really bought Ultimate's DLC characters so this is nice to fool around with.

Still think I like Rachel the most overall, apparently all she got was damage buffs?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Chanukkah is a super fun character and may become my new main

just change the voice to japanese

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I find it to be extremely difficult to find anyone online in ranked, but when I do the quality seems good.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
There's a patch inbound for Xbox users, TN's response is basically to shrug their shoulders and say they have no idea what they're doing at all times.
Anyway if you find anything weird tell TN at: Team_Ninja@koeitecmo.co.jp

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Here have some tengu things:

http://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=10106137
http://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=10106139

And here's a weird glitch with tag:
http://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=10106135

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Apparently, swtiching the game language to anything other than English or Japanese will cause save file corruptions.

Glad they fixed the post 1PPP+K issues with Tengu because I was missing combos left and right.

Also, That poo poo happens all the time in tag since you have to wait to not accidentally get 214 or 236HPK from the buffer system.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

uncleKitchener posted:

Apparently, swtiching the game language to anything other than English or Japanese will cause save file corruptions.

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/569485012988354560

They seem to have it down to French, Spanish, German, and Italian language on a certain tutorial mission.

I'm kinda afraid to put in my copy of Atelier Shallie when it comes out in 3 weeks.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/569485012988354560

They seem to have it down to French, Spanish, German, and Italian language on a certain tutorial mission.

I'm kinda afraid to put in my copy of Atelier Shallie when it comes out in 3 weeks.

Totally different developers, so you should be okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

So, the tutorial mode that some consider the best in a fighting game is actually hosed up AI-wise and thus useless?

i played through the entire tutorial last night

there was one mission where Brad Wong went a lil crazy but I was able to do the objective.

its a really good tutorial

• Locked thread