Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Well, I might struggle to get over 5k damage in tanks, but you better believe I just landed 185,000 damage in boats. Amagi be my waifu~

(I oneshot a tier 9 cruiser for 39k lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

That American Sniper/Michael Moore troll someone posted a while ago is great stuff. People just flip their poo poo.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

NotWearingPants posted:

The thing that annoys me most about the campaign missions is you need to do them in every type of tank. You can only skip a type of tank if you do the secondary conditions for every single mission for the other four types.

I don't want to play arty and they shouldn't try to make me do it. I don't even care about the reward tank very much but I'd like to unlock the other campaigns for the silver.

I think I've given up on missions for that reason. I really don't like playing arty and grinding the secondary conditions for every other tank class isn't worth the free premiums. On the receiving side, I don't get too worked up. I try not to be spotted or stick to cover. Still, on maps like el Harruf when a well placed arty round takes out two tanks and damages a third it's a kick in the nuts.

I'm still new, but it seems like certain maps become campfests more than others, arty or no.

I had a really fun game the day before yesterday, a real rarity where a pub team was quite good and played as a team. Nobody camped or just hung out at the spawn. We were outnumbered in heavies 8-5 and held the hill on Fiery Salient long enough for our mediums and td's to overrun their mediums and td's and sweep around to pick off the two wounded heavies we didn't manage to kill. I was so surprised and the game was very fun.

Also TOG II is a hilariously fun tank. I love end game HP trading with a KV-1 or AT-8 or whatever. If any goon wants to TOG platoon, hit me up in TS.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

rossmum posted:

Well, I might struggle to get over 5k damage in tanks, but you better believe I just landed 185,000 damage in boats. Amagi be my waifu~

(I oneshot a tier 9 cruiser for 39k lol)

I am so loving jealous of your ability to play botes at the moment, you have no idea.

Tell me (without being too precise and going against the NDA) how different are the weekend Beta from what you guys are currently experiencing in the Alpha? Does the lower pool of player affect matchmaking much? From what I remember, the matchmaking was kind of horrible during the beta. FFS, I ended up being alone in a Lexington on my team, vs 3 langleys and a cruiser during one of my matches.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Yup, might as well walk right back out while the going is good. Key point was me one shotting their patton who was on the move. A t54e1 oblivious to me being around the corner even while I was spotted and heading towards him. Their 140 was telling its team the entire time where I was and they all still blundered into my shot area trying to help him against an is-7. I have no idea why said 140 was more worried about me than the 7 though. I wasn't dumb enough to take a shot and risk a non-pen that might take out the is-7 as well.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
cdc going circles around anything on windstorm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PA1ebpkTVU

i really dropped the ball against that is6, but who cares

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Atal Vataman posted:

cdc going circles around anything on windstorm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PA1ebpkTVU

i really dropped the ball against that is6, but who cares

How much is the CDC?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
too expensive for something that basically cant carry. same as all the other t8 prems i think

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mesadoram posted:

How much is the CDC?

Two 152mm HEP to the face from 500m away.

Oh you mean in gold? poo poo if I know.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

MoraleHazard posted:

I think I've given up on missions for that reason. I really don't like playing arty and grinding the secondary conditions for every other tank class isn't worth the free premiums.

The secondary requirement for mission 15 for each line is generally something that there's a very high probability will happen as you do the primary. Except the medium one perhaps, since that one's to stay alive. But I mean, do 4k damage in a TD as primary, secondary...kill a tank? That's probably gonna happen when you do 4k damage. Light tank 4k spotting, good chance some of that damage is gonna end in a tank dead, which is the secondary. For the heavy it's "win".

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WitchFetish posted:

Two 152mm HEP to the face from 500m away.

Oh you mean in gold? poo poo if I know.

I think they said next patch it will be for 7550 gold. I am not sure I can wait a patch. I want to train my French Ladies for the AMX-30b.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Dalael posted:

I am so loving jealous of your ability to play botes at the moment, you have no idea.

Tell me (without being too precise and going against the NDA) how different are the weekend Beta from what you guys are currently experiencing in the Alpha? Does the lower pool of player affect matchmaking much? From what I remember, the matchmaking was kind of horrible during the beta. FFS, I ended up being alone in a Lexington on my team, vs 3 langleys and a cruiser during one of my matches.

I think the last time around (I didn't play for the weekend) they were exactly the same.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Valle posted:

The secondary requirement for mission 15 for each line is generally something that there's a very high probability will happen as you do the primary. Except the medium one perhaps, since that one's to stay alive. But I mean, do 4k damage in a TD as primary, secondary...kill a tank? That's probably gonna happen when you do 4k damage. Light tank 4k spotting, good chance some of that damage is gonna end in a tank dead, which is the secondary. For the heavy it's "win".

What do you get if you complete all mission 15s including the secondaries?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

rossmum posted:

I think the last time around (I didn't play for the weekend) they were exactly the same.

Matchmaking is the same in theory, but it kind of shits itself with the low population (like making 1v1 games). The only difference re. gameplay is that alpha has the two premium ships.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

rockopete posted:

Nothing special, just the fifth crew member for the fifth class line. 4 lines with secondaries unlock the tank and the extra commendations do nothing.

E: wait you get a medal for getting a lot of missions completed with honours

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

rockopete posted:

Nothing special. Primary gives 4 notes, secondary 1, so you'd end up with 25 notes. 20 for the tank, and 5 that goes into nothing whatsoever. I guess you get bragging rights?

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Nothing special, just the fifth crew member for the fifth class line. 4 lines with secondaries unlock the tank and the extra commendations do nothing.

E: wait you get a medal for getting a lot of missions completed with honours

Oh, for some reason I thought that that got you the fifth crew member. So you get a crew member per line completed, and that has nothing to do with secondaries? Because if that's true, wow. Arty isn't great for the game and is often terrible to play but another female crew member would easily be worth it, given the Sisterhood of Battle perk or whatever it's called.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

rockopete posted:

Oh, for some reason I thought that that got you the fifth crew member. So you get a crew member per line completed, and that has nothing to do with secondaries? Because if that's true, wow. Arty isn't great for the game and is often terrible to play but another female crew member would easily be worth it, given the Sisterhood of Battle perk or whatever it's called.

If you are gonna use them on a 5 man crew then go for it. I personally will use them on a high tier medium so I will keep my hands clean of the clicking. I already tainted myself with the FV307 and thats how far I am willing to sin.

Trollocalypse
May 22, 2012

"Quit no-scoping, Hitler!!" - Winston Churchill. Probably.

Animal posted:

Is there some hidden soft stat that makes the STB-1's gun throw off shots? On paper it should be better than the M46, but I can land way more accurate shots with that tank.

Dispersion within the aiming circle as far as I know. I don't bother running that tank without onigiri. Food, vents, BiA and vert stab makes it bearable. Just.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Trollocalypse posted:

Dispersion within the aiming circle as far as I know.

That's the same for all tanks.

Animal posted:

Is there some hidden soft stat that makes the STB-1's gun throw off shots? On paper it should be better than the M46, but I can land way more accurate shots with that tank.

The difference is that the STB-1 has 0,16 track bloom and 0,14 turret bloom to the Patton's excellent 0,11/0,10. Fully aimed the STB will be more accurate but it doesn't take much movement to shift things in favor of the Patton.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
What equipment should I run on the 215b 183? Rammer, GLD, what else? Spall liner? Vents?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
What changed to bump the T110E5 off the clan tank list?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

unlimited shrimp posted:

What changed to bump the T110E5 off the clan tank list?

It's still used some but really CW calls for specialized tanks that adhere to a role more than general purpose tanks.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 20, 2015

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

I don't know if anyone else here plays Men of War Assault Squad 2, but an expansion was just released featuring third person tank combat--with mans, machine guns, and nebelwerfers even. For reference, Men of War is an RTS (with direct control capability). It's great fun, probably not worth :10bux:, but as someone who also plays World of Tanks it's an interesting change of pace. And still better than War Thunder: Ground Forces :v:

rockopete fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 20, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

What equipment should I run on the 215b 183? Rammer, GLD, what else? Spall liner? Vents?

I'm running binocs right now. Vents could be useful if nothing more than to speed up that aim time a smidge along with the reload. I'll have to see how things are post view range nerf to decide to keep the binos or not.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

I'm running binocs right now. Vents could be useful if nothing more than to speed up that aim time a smidge along with the reload. I'll have to see how things are post view range nerf to decide to keep the binos or not.

It's only getting what, a 10m view range nerf? Binocs should still be useful. Definitely not optics though.

Edit: Pity the Obj. 268, which is getting nerfed down to 370m.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 20, 2015

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

McGavin posted:

It's only getting what, a 10m view range nerf? Binocs should still be useful. Definitely not optics though.

Edit: Pity the Obj. 268, which is getting nerfed down to 370m.

Long past time to pity that thing, I'm not even going to bother buying it once I'm done the 704 grind.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
In recent memory, I only played the 268 once, as a joke. I should retrain the crew into a 140 or something.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

MoraleHazard posted:

I think I've given up on missions for that reason. I really don't like playing arty and grinding the secondary conditions for every other tank class isn't worth the free premiums.

In case you missed it, others corrected me: you only need the secondary conditions on the final mission.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

http://gfycat.com/HarmfulWhimsicalEquestrian

This is what it's like trying to shoot straight with a 200+ ping, except most of the time the result is less comical

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

My first battle in Yamato was historically accurate: I shot at someone and then got torped by planes and capsized. My second was better, I dunked some lower tier BBs. My third?

I just deleted a Nagato in a single salvo from right on the edge of his own gun range. :magical:

Also, my quality of life has improved dramatically since I stopped playing tanks!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I've been reading about, drawing, and playing games with warships and naval combat since I was 4, why the gently caress can't I get into the alpha? :smith:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Comet still unstoppable, 416 still good, and god drat I cannot get a fired in my medium. Set a Pershing on fire in one shot in the 416, then shot a drat 113 four times for no crits. Not even an engine or fuel tank damaged in the Comet or T-25 tonight. Finished light/heavy/TD missions for the T28c, just cannot get a fire in a medium or splash 3 tanks in artillery.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Comet still unstoppable, 416 still good, and god drat I cannot get a fired in my medium. Set a Pershing on fire in one shot in the 416, then shot a drat 113 four times for no crits. Not even an engine or fuel tank damaged in the Comet or T-25 tonight. Finished light/heavy/TD missions for the T28c, just cannot get a fire in a medium or splash 3 tanks in artillery.

ummm, unless you mean a different tank, the 416 IS a medium.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JuffoWup posted:

ummm, unless you mean a different tank, the 416 IS a medium.

Pershing and 416 are same tier, for the T28c version of the mission you need to set on fire a vehicle one tier or more higher

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Is that last patch really almost 2.5 gig??

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011
There has been a lot of chat about what the best money making premium is and one that is not a chore to play (and is available for purchase still. Looking at you, Type 59 and E25).

I know it is an unpopular tank, but I think it is the Warcrime Panther. It has a large HP pool, high DPM, accurate gun, and doesn't see 9s. I know it gets poo poo on a lot, but I would rather make 60k credit profit and enjoy the game rather than play the JT88 making 100k every other game b/c you have to rely on teams to prevent you from being flanked. My playstyle has changed a lot since I first started. I used to hate the Warcrime, but it really isn't that bad and seeing 8s for the highest makes it that much better. It has the same gun as the E25 (with lower DPM), but I will trade the DPM for a turret and 1300 total HP. Plus a German tank with American camo paint is always fun.

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010

Hellsau posted:

just cannot get a fire in a medium

Perhaps a different approach? Personally was planning on using the T69 for that mission.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Hellsau posted:

I'm on the T-55 missions. How does 2 fires in one battle sound? (At least it's any tier, not that one tier above poo poo.) As for the hit 3 with one shell....gently caress that thing. I got it on Windstorm of all maps. Started west, saw the enemy had a platoon of mediums. Saw one pop up in the middle area where mediums tend to go a lot on Windstorm, started aiming in. Second tank in platoon....third.....BLAM. Damaged two and the third blinked. Turns out I did module damage to his tracks, which was enough! Then the T-55 mission is to damage 3 tanks with one shell, and kill one of them. gently caress.

Rothmog posted:

There has been a lot of chat about what the best money making premium is and one that is not a chore to play (and is available for purchase still. Looking at you, Type 59 and E25).

I know it is an unpopular tank, but I think it is the Warcrime Panther. It has a large HP pool, high DPM, accurate gun, and doesn't see 9s. I know it gets poo poo on a lot, but I would rather make 60k credit profit and enjoy the game rather than play the JT88 making 100k every other game b/c you have to rely on teams to prevent you from being flanked. My playstyle has changed a lot since I first started. I used to hate the Warcrime, but it really isn't that bad and seeing 8s for the highest makes it that much better. It has the same gun as the E25 (with lower DPM), but I will trade the DPM for a turret and 1300 total HP. Plus a German tank with American camo paint is always fun.

The Warcrime recently made me a lot of credits, when I sold it! Seriously, that tank was a chore to play for me. Everybody pens it, it's sluggish, and that doesn't really work too well with the gun. Good riddance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

AT-15A?