Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

redbackground posted:

Original:

Redone:

I still like the original better it feels like a loving nightmare. The scribbly vagueness of that issue is weird looking but for me it does a lot to sell the feeling of being trapped in this dingy walkup nightmare world.

I don't know, I'm biased here cause I was like 13 when I got into the Sandman, and I loved most of it but I found that book troubling. Years later it's the only Sandman book that holds up for me, and i cant say whether that's 'actually' what it's like or whether i'm nostalgic for finding something that felt really scary and transgressive in the comic that promised to be both of those things but mainly felt like a big ol pat on the head to a precocious and bookish boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's not how metal masks work Greg.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Rob Liefeld drew a new thing.

I'm not ready for a world where Rob draws human-shaped people.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That arm though.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Notice he managed to avoid drawing feet :v:

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

zoux posted:

Holy poo poo Land just stop tracing altogether and clipart that poo poo.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

zoux posted:

Does anyone know what issue this is from? Some people online are saying it's Larroca, not Land, which I'd be willing to buy. There is a fuckload of Landesque tracing in his Invincible Iron Man too.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

That arm though.

I think it looks fine actually, its different from the usual anatomy you see on superhero comics but I think Rob's drawing here more actually more true to life.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Flesh Forge posted:

Notice he managed to avoid drawing feet :v:

And the left eye is askew, same as always, so we know he didn't trace it.

Never change, Liefeld. :allears:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Ror posted:

Does anyone know what issue this is from? Some people online are saying it's Larroca, not Land, which I'd be willing to buy. There is a fuckload of Landesque tracing in his Invincible Iron Man too.

It's Larocca (who is as bad as Land). Iron Man had different costumes under the Gillen/Land run.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I dunno if someone remember a post I did about a mexican artist that I loved so here are the pieces I shared back then:

The firts two are from a project he did for Les Hümanoides Associes, the third is a sample of the work he did for the Mistico comic book and the final one a quick sketch he made for me at a con.

So, why I'm sharing these again?

Because he just uploaded some sample pages he did for DC at his DevianArt Gallery That I believe are pretty good

I assume that the fact he's sharing the samples means that DC passed on his work. Truly a shame if that's the case.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 21, 2015

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Batman in that last splash has a case of little head foreshortening syndrome, but holy gently caress is that nice.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Preview of Michael Del Mundo's art for All-New X-Men #37
http://deadlydelmundo.tumblr.com/post/112240298156/brianmichaelbendis-friday-bomb-drop-exclusive

:swoon:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Goddamn. Can he pump out monthlies? 'Cause I would love for him to get a long run on something, that looks incredible.

Edit: Derp, I forgot he is the Elektra guy. It's really impressive how different it looks. Maybe it's the colouration?

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 3, 2015

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I wasn't sure whether to put this here or the funny panels thread but I love Hungry Hungry Batman trying to eat his house

Seriously what the gently caress is supposed to be happening.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

TwoPair posted:

Seriously what the gently caress is supposed to be happening.

Alfred stepped out for a bit. Batman wanted to do laundry and poo poo just spiraled from there.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Holy cow that actually made me laugh for real. I know nothing of superhero comics but is it a famous cornerstone in the Batman lore? When his giant head sucks in the universe while cackling like a murderous clown?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Batman travels to the Fraggleverse.

EDIT: I now want the Fraggleverse to be a thing.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Oh wow, that's wonderful.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Oh wow, that's wonderful.

Del Mundo is doing amazing work these days.

He's also really funny.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Del Mundo's covers for X-Men Legacy were some next level poo poo.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
I think he's one of the best working today. That Galactus and Silver Surfer pic is my Facebook background :3:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's my phone lock screen.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

RevKrule posted:

Del Mundo's covers for X-Men Legacy were some next level poo poo.

The pills one is brilliant because it's actually a spoiler for the last page reveal of the book hidden in plain sight.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

One thing I really like about those covers is that they all relate to what's going on in the issue. A lot of times covers are just pieces of art with the characters in the book (or not!) and it's cool to read an issue of Legacy and go back and look at the cover and realize how germane it is to the issue.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Good anatomy ?

Or great anatomy?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Someone has cut that poor lady in half.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

She has major underboob on her ... overboob :stonk:

e: for real what the gently caress titties what are you doing :stonk:

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Why is the right one more squished than the left one??? Not just her boobs, but her eyes have a similar problem.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The only positive thing that can be said is that some of the musculature on her left arm is in the right places, which is probably a sign it was traced.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

CRRRRRRRRRRACK

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is she wearing like fish bones? That doesn't look comfortable at all.

Also her spine is hosed.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
When is that scratchy, sketchy kind of line drawing going to finally go away?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'm pretty sure a good part of that is a lovely photoshop find edges filter to minimize the effort of inking, but on the other hand that's a cover so idk what the gently caress

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm pretty sure a good part of that is a lovely photoshop find edges filter to minimize the effort of inking, but on the other hand that's a cover so idk what the gently caress
It's also not exactly a recent drawing, as Turner died like 7 years ago.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Star Man posted:

Well, Michael Turner has been dead for about a decade so that's one.

Though as long as Jim Lee and Marc Silvestri are still drawing, it'll never go away for good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Star Man posted:

Well that's by Michael Turner, who's been dead for about 7 years or so. So there's also a good chance it was a sketch to start with.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Some research seems to indicate that that drawing was by a guy named Michael Turner, MAYBE YOU'VE HEARD OF HIM

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well I guess it's okay, considering that he's drawing while dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

PS he is DEAD, important tidbit.