Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

This mindset is so dumb. If you took an NBA player to Toronto and told him it was somewhere in America it would be days before they came to any sort of realization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Paulocaust posted:

This mindset is so dumb. If you took an NBA player to Toronto and told him it was somewhere in America it would be days before they came to any sort of realization.

Bagged milk. poo poo ain't right.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Ice falls from the loving sky in Canada that poo poo is crazy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If all you know about Canada is the #wethenorth commercials it does look like a frozen post-apocalyptic tribal society

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Lakers set to have a starting lineup of roughly around five million total salary tonight.

Your move, Philly.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Milwaukee plans to waive Kenyon Martin, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

That was quick

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Nick Collison is starting at C for OKC tonight but McGary is going to play a bunch of minutes. What I'm saying is you should all watch the game tonight because McGary owns.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rick posted:

The Lakers set to have a starting lineup of roughly around five million total salary tonight.

Your move, Philly.

Philly starts javelle McGee.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

That Nene trade looking like a drat STEAL

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I really don't understand what the Suns are doing. I don't feel excited about this team now and fear we are no longer ever going to be in contention ever again :(

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Ramadu posted:

I really don't understand what the Suns are doing. I don't feel excited about this team now and fear we are no longer ever going to be in contention ever again :(

Dragic account spotted

but yeah the Suns are in that Kings/Timberwolves/Nuggets/Jazz tier of poo poo now

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Ramadu posted:

You just got two first round draft picks. You get to root extra hard against Miami too; hopefully they're still garbage.

Edit: Now I'm confused. The Suns had the Lakers pick?... and it's gone now? What?

Bashez fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 20, 2015

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rick posted:

Your move, Philly.

Well we did trade MCW and KJ.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Milwaukee plans to waive Kenyon Martin, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

That was quick

What the gently caress is going on with Larry still? Milwaukee should be at 15 if they're going to waive him - Za, Henson, Martin, Ers, Dudley, G, Jabari, OJ, Khris, JOB, Bayless, Inglis + MCW, Plumlee, Ennis.

What am I missing? Are they going to keep Gutierrez too?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Bashez posted:

You just got two first round draft picks. You get to root extra hard against Miami too; hopefully they're still garbage.

Edit: Now I'm confused. The Suns had the Lakers pick?... and it's gone now? What?

THe Lakers pick was from the Nash trade I believe. I guess we just extra hate IT so gave that with him in that big ol' trade

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Someone of Isaiah Thomas's contract and stats over his career should not be traded as much and for so little like a filler deal. It's so sad.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Will the Sixer's ever stop tanking? I get that MCW isn't the best, but put him on a team where he isn't the only NBA quality player and he should excel. Surrounding all your young guys with awful talent isn't going to help them succeed.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Boston gave up on Marcus Smart pretty quickly

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

The weird part is that Patpat considered Boogie a little brother to him

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The Knicks are becoming Cubs of the NBA. Shut down, buy out and trade their best three players.

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Here's a thought: Indiana is only two games out of 8th place. If they're able to grab the 8th seed (which is reasonably likely given Paul George's eventual return) and Atlanta doesn't collapse, we would see a repeat of last year's 1/8 matchup... except with the teams flipped. Has that ever happened before?

No, the closest I think was the Celtics and Knicks being 1 and 8 in 1988 and then the Knicks being 2 and Celtics 8 in 1989.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

wandler20 posted:

Nick Collison is starting at C for OKC tonight but McGary is going to play a bunch of minutes. What I'm saying is you should all watch the game tonight because McGary owns.

The Opposite Reading is True

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Zogo posted:

The Knicks are becoming Cubs of the NBA. Shut down, buy out and trade their best three players.

Except the Cubs are loaded and will be really good soon enough.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I love Patrick Patterson, he is by far my favourite player to watch get interviewed on the Raps. He's pretty sharp and is a huge fan of the game, well spoken too.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Zogo posted:

No, the closest I think was the Celtics and Knicks being 1 and 8 in 1988 and then the Knicks being 2 and Celtics 8 in 1989.

So in less than 2 years the Knicks have gotten rid of everyone on that division-winning team but Melo

By now it doesn't surprise me

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

The weird part is that Patpat considered Boogie a little brother to him

He was already at Kentucky for two years when Cousins got there

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

BIZORT posted:

Boston gave up on Marcus Smart pretty quickly

They traded the other Marcus on the team.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Patrick Patterson makes a batman mask on his face when he drills a three, all because fans startd calling him patman :xd:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

That Patterson article was cool. But mostly because he's a great contributor to the Raps and jerked off Toronto.People in Toronto love it when NBAers come around on the city . And in contrast still hate players who didnt (gently caress Kendra Davis).

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

BWV posted:

That Patterson article was cool. But mostly because he's a great contributor to the Raps and jerked off Toronto.People in Toronto love it when NBAers come around on the city . And in contrast still hate players who didnt (gently caress Kendra Davis).

I don't think it's wrong to not like Toronto because it's cold as gently caress because it is, in fact, cold as gently caress

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

BWV posted:

Some people come around on a city and others cum around on the city

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Declan MacManus posted:

I don't think it's wrong to not like Toronto because it's cold as gently caress because it is, in fact, cold as gently caress

I got frostbite on my ears walking from Vaughan Mills to my car on Sunday, but at the same time lifes challenges make you stronger

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I'm from Minnesota so compared to where I live Toronto is warm.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I got frostbite on my ears walking from Vaughan Mills to my car on Sunday, but at the same time lifes challenges make you stronger

how cold was it there/how far was your car?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Crazy Ted posted:

I'm from Minnesota so compared to where I live Toronto is warm.

Minnesota has been way warmer than Toronto this year

Metapod posted:

how cold was it there/how far was your car?

It was a 5 minute walk, -25 degrees and very windy. I lost my hat inside the mall

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

Yea I was mostly joking about the grudges people hold, most of them not even having to do with the cold.
Toronto can get cold as gently caress but I mean it's comparable to other East coast and mid-west American cities. (Boston, Chicago, Minnesota is worse, etc)

Also, Movie Majick how do you not have a hat? I have like 10 knowing I lose them. PM me your info and I'll send you one. Hell I'll get my mom to knit you one in whatever strange colours you want.

edit: oh you lost it. offer still stands if you need a back up. stop hanging out in malls

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It's cool how Whiteside and now Dragic appear out of thin air right after Lebron leaves

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Spacebump posted:

They traded the other Marcus on the team.

And traded for Isaiah Thomas

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

chunkles posted:

Ice falls from the loving sky in Canada that poo poo is crazy.

meanwhile, just one year ago

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Minnesota has been way warmer than Toronto this year

It was a 5 minute walk, -25 degrees and very windy. I lost my hat inside the mall

They might sell hats in the mall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MVP posted:

but yeah the Suns are in that Kings/Timberwolves/Nuggets/Jazz tier of poo poo now

This is silly. Brandon Knight is really good this year and they still have a good roster otherwise.

• Locked thread