Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I don't normally pay attention to repub primaries but it's actually important this time since I'm not voting for hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

PupsOfWar posted:

J.E.B. Stuart would win with 65% of the popular vote

Nobody wants a president sucking down shine and picking his toes with a raccoon pecker bone at diplomatic conferences, no Jebs no how

Parallax Scroll posted:

I don't normally pay attention to repub primaries but it's actually important this time since I'm not voting for hillary

:agreed: also see above

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Parallax Scroll posted:

Don't worry they'll all behave identically in office.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Parallax Scroll posted:

I'm not nuts about Hillary, but no one on the Republican side is conversant with reality, so it's not really a contest.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The best option is to not vote, in my opinion. Watch the elections with an amused detachment.

If you're really in a state where your vote might decide Democrat vs. Republican, get really hammered and vote for the Democrat after looking at the black child poverty graph and cause a massive scene at your local library. If you want to just vote for a goof or in an election where it's not close, vote for whatever 3rd party even if they are racist or libertarian, just to throw off statistical analysis.

menino
Jul 27, 2006

Pon De Floor
Wait is GOB from Arrested Development a JEB reference?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

TEAYCHES posted:

The best option is to not vote, in my opinion. Watch the elections with an amused detachment.

If you're really in a state where your vote might decide Democrat vs. Republican, get really hammered and vote for the Democrat after looking at the black child poverty graph and cause a massive scene at your local library. If you want to just vote for a goof or in an election where it's not close, vote for whatever 3rd party even if they are racist or libertarian, just to throw off statistical analysis.

are you implying them are two different categories

anyway, yall just vote against hillary in the primaries and you can vote for her in the general with a clear conscience

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

PupsOfWar posted:

anyway, yall just vote against hillary in the primaries and you can vote for her in the general with a clear conscience

Explicit racist vs. implicit racist, I think there's a distinction.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
gentlemen, please suggest to me a president

he's gotta be strong
and he's gotta be fast
and he's gotta be fresh from the fight

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

menino posted:

Wait is GOB from Arrested Development a JEB reference?

It's always been that way in my head, not too sure about the reality.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

TEAYCHES posted:

I totally agree. I haven't voted since that loving farce in 2000.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dongattack posted:

he's gotta be strong
and he's gotta be fast

If you're Ron Paul, there's always Ben Carson.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Who's the black private dick / That's a sex machine to all the chicks? / PRESIDENT / Ya drat right!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Who's the cat that won't cop out / When there's danger all about? / PRESIDENT! / Right On!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

I totally agree. I haven't voted since that loving farce in 2000.

Thats probably a good idea for you. As a matter of fact, I heartily encourage almost the entirety of D&D to not vote. Voting does you no good and you are all better off forgoing it!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Cliff Racer posted:

Thats probably a good idea for you. As a matter of fact, I heartily encourage almost the entirety of D&D to not vote. Voting does you no good and you are all better off forgoing it!

What are your political beliefs, in summary? Please don't reply with anything ironic.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
I will only vote for a mexican because I want tea party/freepers to have a total meltdown

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Simstim posted:

I will only vote for a mexican because I want tea party/freepers to have a total meltdown

That's probably the only time I would vote again.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Cliff Racer posted:

I'm curious: you have like 50 posts in this thread. Would you say your posts or your vote is more important to picking teh next president of the US?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Dongattack posted:

he's gotta be strong
and he's gotta be fast

bill clinton

he's strong, he's fast [just ask monica], and hes fresh [fresh means light skinned correct?]

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

PupsOfWar posted:

hm yes let me rub some blood on those hands mmm yeah that's the stuff

conscience clear, don't blame me I voted against em before I voted for em!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Simstim posted:

You can replace "mexican" with anyone that isn't a white protestant male. I think the best meltdown would come from either a Jew that recognizes Palestine or a LGBT person that's also a vocal atheist.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

a Jew that recognizes Palestine

no one would know what to make of this creature.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

who is the next president of ISIS?

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You can replace "mexican" with anyone that isn't a white protestant male. I think the best meltdown would come from either a Jew that recognizes Palestine or a LGBT person that's also a vocal atheist.

I think mexican is the winner "the guy who cuts MY LAWN is now leading MY COUNTRY"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

TEAYCHES posted:

who is the next president of ISIS?

Obama's going to have a free schedule 12 months from now....

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

WE'LL ALL BE SPEAKING SPANISH IN FOUR YEARS

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

An even better choice would be Keith Ellison, an actual Black Muslim.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

If Cruz somehow wins the nomination, I'm going to start referring to him as Rafael E. Cruz. It is his name, after all.

Simstim posted:

Press 2 for English :smug:

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

he cant be a republican or it wont work

it's like hollyweird liberals lol stay out of politics except the gipper of course

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Simstim posted:

Fumas arriba la cucharacha

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

or the terminator or sonny bono etc etc

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Debate y Discusión - 2016 Elección Presidencial - Oprima el 2 para ingles.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

If Cruz somehow wins the nomination, I'm going to start referring to him as Rafael E. Cruz. It is his name, after all.

You'd get along better with the racists than you think

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

no one would know what to make of this creature.

CNN - Raul Labrador Calls President Yitzhak Moller an "antisemite" after Moller refuses to sign executive order to shell Gaza on the Sabbath.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Press 2 for English :smug:

This but unironically because Rafael Cruz is a sick name. Like I get why Jindal and Cruz may have felt pressure growing up with those names but in this post-racial world you can own that poo poo in style.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
So in somewhat relevant news, Wisconsin's government is doing so badly they're going to skip a debt payment.

But unlike how doing so would destroy Greece, I'm sure this will have no negative effects on Scott Walker at all.

Death Jeb is certain.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Simstim posted:

Say hi to my representative, Joaquin Castro:

I voted for Joaquin in 2012 and 2014, and I'm gonna vote for him in 2016. Now here's where the meltdown happens: I'm white, and I live in a majority-Hispanic neighborhood in a majority-Hispanic part of San Antonio, so to freepers I'm a race-traitor extraordinaire because I've sided with the "Mexicans".:getin:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

fade5 posted:

Say hi to my representative, Joaquin Castro:

I voted for Joaquin in 2012 and 2014, and I'm gonna vote for him in 2016. Now here's where the meltdown happens: I'm white, and I live in a majority-Hispanic neighborhood in a majority-Hispanic part of San Antonio, so to freepers I'm a race-traitor extraordinaire.:getin:

Oh cool, looks like the twins just turned 40 last year. They're old enough to be eligible now :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

joeburz posted:

This but unironically because Rafael Cruz is a sick name. Like I get why Jindal and Cruz may have felt pressure growing up with those names but in this post-racial world you can own that poo poo in style.

Ha, Jindal can't do anything in style!

• Locked thread