Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Faceit commentary is poop poop poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Yep yep yep. Good game though.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

kcer posted:

How have you won 75% of your games, while being a consistently top player, yet you're still in Silver?

I was consistently top frag in my silver games (K/D of something like 1.6?), but I still had a 50%-ish win rate. I want to say that's because I play with some scrubby rear end stoners, but lets be real, killing mans is not a reasonable measure of CS skill. Killing two guys on A site when the rest of your team rushes B and gets massacred does not a good player make.

On the other hand, I've finally clawed my way up to the Novas, and now I'm pretty middle of the pack. I have good games and bad games. CS:GO matchmaking gets a lot of flak, but it's one of the best matchmaking systems I've encountered.

RE: Awping mid on Dust II, unless you have stupidly good reflexes (or the CT's are running through with their guns out) you're not likely to land shots. It's mostly to gain intel about how many people are playing A/B, and to possibly land a pick on the CT AWP if he decides to challenge. It's not like the T-side AWPer has much else to do at the top of the round. I guess if he gets a really good long A spawn he might be able to fast push to pit or something, but really there aren't too many good T-side AWP alleys, not compared to plat to dark or car to long/cat or goose or kinda really anywhere for a CT.

Generally though, like most things in CS:GO, people do it because they see pro's do it, and pro's don't even consistently land shots through mid doors.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

kcer posted:

Faceit commentary is poop poop poop

hey now, ddk and black ddk are great.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

The Blue Caboose posted:

RE: Awping mid on Dust II, unless you have stupidly good reflexes (or the CT's are running through with their guns out) you're not likely to land shots. It's mostly to gain intel about how many people are playing A/B, and to possibly land a pick on the CT AWP if he decides to challenge. It's not like the T-side AWPer has much else to do at the top of the round. I guess if he gets a really good long A spawn he might be able to fast push to pit or something, but really there aren't too many good T-side AWP alleys, not compared to plat to dark or car to long/cat or goose or kinda really anywhere for a CT.

Generally though, like most things in CS:GO, people do it because they see pro's do it, and pro's don't even consistently land shots through mid doors.

Now an autosniper, on the other hand, gets you a kill and tons of damage to two other enemies mid on Dust II. If you're on NIP.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Jeza posted:

Anyway, today is the day I contribute something useful to CS thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2uqovq/boiler_a_tool_to_archive_your_match_history/

Now you don't need to suffer confirmation bias ever again.

Good tool, but it only shows me the past 8 games. Could the rest be too far back? Skimming the reddit thread didn't provide much info on that.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Xenaero posted:

Good tool, but it only shows me the past 8 games. Could the rest be too far back? Skimming the reddit thread didn't provide much info on that.
The OP says you need to launch it every 8 games (because it can only get 8 games).

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Elysiume posted:

The OP says you need to launch it every 8 games (because it can only get 8 games).

Oh, cool. I can't read. But we all knew that.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I used to one click guys hard and did it all the way to dmg.

Now I can't even hold my weight IN MG1 games. What is the answer? DM?

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Thorgot posted:

Now an autosniper, on the other hand, gets you a kill and tons of damage to two other enemies mid on Dust II. If you're on NIP.

I am pretty decent with the AWP, but oh my god I am so bad with the autosniper. I'll spam it down mid and miss like 8 shots and get picked by an M4.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Burgo posted:

I was going to quote him saying don't tell Carl

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

kcer posted:

75 out of 100, or... 75%

uhhhh might want to check your math there chief.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

quote:

Release Notes for 2/19/2015

[SPECTATING]
In the spectator panel, if one of the players has a knife as their only and primary weapon, the appropriate knife icon will now show.
Fixed some icon visibility issues in the spectator panel.
Fixed GOTV camera sticking on followed smokes if the thrower died when following.
[LINUX]
"Play Audio When Game In Background" now works on Linux (found in the Audio Options).
[MISC]
Fixed all links to Steam Market to use market tags.
Message boxes now support longer strings.
Replaced 'Just Trolling' sticker.
[MAPS]
Cache
Fixed a pixel-walk bug.
Season
Allowed players to boost onto upper A.
Fixed an issue with flashbangs by squeaky door.
Slowed down fan spinning speed in vents.
Improved FPS by B bombsite.
Fixed some clipping issues.
Fixed some bomb stuck spots.
Fixed an issue with CT spawn points being too close together.
Fixed some pixel-walking issues.
Cobblestone
Fixed some exploits and unintended boosts.
Further optimizations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So still no Tec-9 nerf.

I cry.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
So who did the sticker creator steal the art from this time?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Widespread running accuracy nerf and more wall penetration needed

Till then, it's all daisies.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

Apparently he swiped the background image off DevaintArt.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

nftyw posted:

any chance i can get a link to the old kerfuffle?

edit: or apparently the new one also?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

UltraVariant posted:

Apparently he swiped the background image off DevaintArt.
Yeah it wasn't even a trace this time it was straight up stolen art. If you reverse image searched the sticker the original art on DeviantArt was like the first three results. Nice diligence, Valve.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
http://cronobreaker.deviantart.com/art/Zombie-Burger-361465139

Wow, not even subtle about it.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Faffel posted:

I used to one click guys hard and did it all the way to dmg.

Now I can't even hold my weight IN MG1 games. What is the answer? DM?

Practice like this guy I guess. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJE3bTTJeG4&t=113s

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Attention all goons...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

if I hold my keyboard sideways and use number keys will i be able to do more than 550 damage in a 30-round game

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
ScreaM is a one hell of an inconsistent monster, yes you heard me right; i said inconsistent. he thinks that every time is a time to 1-tap, thus being so heavily reliant on 1tap(ak)/2 bullet(m4) bursts to the head doesn't give you much room for error. its a playstyle he has developed for himself over the years.

while there's not denying he looks good on paper; with a stunning 78% headshot ratio in competitive matchmaking, he has his flaws in his style. i'd say his weakness is his strength.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
At this point I'm surprised the valve guys don't reverse image search every sticker/skin they're about to put to the game. They could've easily found out the deviantart page that way.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Congrats to everyone who paid more than $10 for this thinking it would go contraband

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I don't think any other skin or sticker will go contraband

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Anyone who "invests" in hats going contraband is dumb and deserves to lose their money.

JacksonAces
Aug 13, 2012

Slumpy posted:

russian: (adeen, dva, tri, (pro. tree, rolled r) chetiri (rolled r), pyat)cyka (pro. Sookah) blyat (pro. bl-yet)(ivy, crow, a, b) tovarisch (toe-va-rish, rolled r)

serbian: (jedan (pro. yeh-dan), dva, tri(pro. tree, rolled r), chetiri (rolled r), pet (pro. payt)) (ivy, crow, a, b) bre (rolled r)

wow. Ok, learning russian and serbian now. And here I thought the steam reviews for this game were joking.....

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ron posted:

ScreaM is a one hell of an inconsistent monster, yes you heard me right; i said inconsistent. he thinks that every time is a time to 1-tap, thus being so heavily reliant on 1tap(ak)/2 bullet(m4) bursts to the head doesn't give you much room for error. its a playstyle he has developed for himself over the years.

while there's not denying he looks good on paper; with a stunning 78% headshot ratio in competitive matchmaking, he has his flaws in his style. i'd say his weakness is his strength.

i dont think anyone would argue so im not sure why you typed what you just said like that

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Elysiume posted:

Anyone who "invests" in hats going contraband is dumb and deserves to lose their money.

I didn't see it early enough to get in this time, but last time ("death comes" or whatever) I bought some right after it was posted on reddit and sold them a few hours later.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Burgo posted:

I liked it when he kept coughing into the microphone

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Katana Gomai posted:

I didn't see it early enough to get in this time, but last time ("death comes" or whatever) I bought some right after it was posted on reddit and sold them a few hours later.
Anyone who plans to ride the bubble and bilk the people who think they can make bank off of it going contraband are playing a risky game but they aren't chasing a dumb pipe dream.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
We still need to do that thing where one goon steals another goon's image and makes it a CS skin. We all buy 400 of them and get rich once it gets made contraband. Then we bet them all on fixed matches. Next level match fixing.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
You'd think they'd have learned after the whole Griffin thing but nope. I managed to score a BS one awhile ago with sticker and name tag for a measly buck. For something that is a) Battle Scarred and b) an M4A4 it looks great.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
So far plan get rekt in esea is a wild success. About 1:1 at this point for helpful tips to getting called bad names as well!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Elysiume posted:

I invested 26 bucks in a MW Howl M4 based on precedent set by a DOTA item. It has paid off quite well (current market value $318). I suspect that is the only time it will happen though since every other instance has been quietly replaced, not made contraband.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

Elysiume posted:

"Investing" works if you pick up something that you know doesn't drop anymore and wait a long time, like ST USP Orion ($82 in June after removal from it's case, $336 today) or some of the old cases.

Also, a little skinchat PSA, I added a wear details and skin preview videos to csgostash, scroll down on any skin details page to see them: http://csgostash.com/skin/422/AWP-Dragon-Lore

RedQueen fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 20, 2015

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So I've been trying to get back into competitive, but as it turns out, not playing for a long time will tank your DMing skill. While I'm still shaking off the rust, I'm finding my aim in general to be way worse than it used to be. I'm doing a fair share of DMing (Valve DM, not community server just because I haven't found any good DM servers to play on), but are there any other maps I could use to get my aim back up to snuff?

Also, I have a replay here that I'd like some advice on. I never played Facade very much, and so I feel like not only was my shooting bad, but the general decision making was pretty poor. I'm vocal so I end up making a lot of the calls, but a lot of them are based on gut feelings rather than actual game sense. Most of the time I'm calling poo poo like "Let's go B? I dunno". Anyone want to take a peek at that replay and give me some tips in general/for Facade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

RedQueen posted:

Also, a little skinchat PSA, I added a wear details and skin preview videos to csgostash, scroll down on any skin details page to see them: http://csgostash.com/skin/422/AWP-Dragon-Lore

I already loved csgostash but this is fuckin amazing

• Locked thread