Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
those trader joe grass-fed angus burgers are good, i give them 8/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
at my work we do a kofta burger with feta, hummus, tomato and cucumber. But, when I make it myself i take out the cucumber and hummus and sub caramelized onions and tzaki. Real good to have once a week couldnt do it more than that tho.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Read the rules, yhis goes in Goons With Spoons

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

i dont want to talk to those faggots

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

:frogout:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
burg hatin backseat mod

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
thread moved to *gold*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I've been eating less burritos and more burgers lately. I have ample choices for both in my area so its been a nice change.

Good ol burgs.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chinatown posted:

I've been eating less burritos and more burgers lately. I have ample choices for both in my area so its been a nice change.

Good ol burgs.

Split the difference and eat more tortas. Tortas are the poo poo.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Ron Jeremy posted:

Split the difference and eat more tortas. Tortas are the poo poo.

Unless you're some kind of poo poo whitey blasphemer and order, like, a ground beef torta, they aren't all that similar to burgs.

e: but, yeah, everyone should eat more tortas independently of that.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah tortas are great but they're really nothing like burgs or burritos aside from some superficial details

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Tortas are mexican paninis, not burgs. Mexican burgers are just burgers with mexican stuff on it like green chili and queso blanco and that sort of stuff

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There are burgs with shredded beef origin from mexico, but they retreated across to America

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

any burgfans cracking open some burgs this weekend? what's on the menu?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
another good burg i make for myself at work:

-BURG (cooked a little under medium)
-PEPPERJACK CHEESE
-PICO DE GALLO
-JALAPENO MAYO

recommended burg for sure. id replace the "me-hee-can-oh" burg we have on the menu with that if i was the chef, but say lah vee...

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

shiksa posted:

-BURG (cooked a little under medium)
-PEPPERJACK CHEESE
-PICO DE GALLO
-JALAPENO MAYO

Um YES. Just woke up and already cravin burg thanks to this

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Ron Jeremy posted:

Thesis for the thread: given the same amount of beef, a double burger is more delicious than a single burger because you get more char.

What does burger thread say?

i think its good but for a different reason. it gives you another vessel to put onions or cheese or what have you

i know this is a late response and i am sorry burger thread

btw, does the hot dog thread guy post here? he made a really good thread and had good opinions on food

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

thathonkey posted:

Um YES. Just woke up and already cravin burg thanks to this

gently caress i just read this and me too but nowhere around here can make one and i have to be at work too soon to do it.

Good burg imo

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I could really go for a burger today myself. But now that hot dogs were mentioned, I want one of those too. Hell, I could even go for a corn dog.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I would like a corn dog with chilli and cheese in the dog pocket. like some kind of obscene chilli filled tumor.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
The thing you do with tomatoes is slice them kind of thin and cook them along side the burger. Then you pile up the thin slices on top of the burger. Much better than just having a cold chunk of salad on there.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
yeah, but outside of marinara sauce, cooked tomatos are loving gross. what are you, english?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

AKA Pseudonym posted:

The thing you do with tomatoes is slice them kind of thin and cook them along side the burger. Then you pile up the thin slices on top of the burger. Much better than just having a cold chunk of salad on there.

Um no just leave them off entirely. Problem solved.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Has this been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4J1seTHAMU

Also, burgers, beer, and titty bars area literally the pinnacle of human achievement.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

A Winner is Jew posted:

Also, burgers, beer, and titty bars area literally the pinnacle of human achievement.

Its a really good burg and completely undeserving of any hate.

Sorry that its super cold on the east coast and whatever please don't take it out on our delicious burgs.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

AKA Pseudonym posted:

sounds p. nasty to me

i'd still eat it and prob. not complain tho

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8B75C1qESU

watch fuckin' bordaine not get the fried chicken. the gently caress is wrong with you? seriously loosing respect for the one celebrity chef I don't despise.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Its a really good burg and completely undeserving of any hate.

Sorry that its super cold on the east coast and whatever please don't take it out on our delicious burgs.

he's right about animal style being the pro choice.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

burgers from inNout are beyond reproach.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

A Winner is Jew posted:

why are there no in n out on the US east coast?

i haven't had a fast food burger in years. but that looks delicious

in n out is a diarrhea joke right? like what happens when you eat it?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

toggle posted:

why are there no in n out on the US east coast?

i haven't had a fast food burger in years. but that looks delicious

in n out is a diarrhea joke right? like what happens when you eat it?

people must be punished for living on the east coast.

The opened up some places in Texas but not on the east coat.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
What do you goons put in the ground beef before you cook a burger? I like to put ketchup and Dijon mustard in mine, but I'm not sure if that does anything or if it's all in my head.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

What do you goons put in the ground beef before you cook a burger?

nothing. just meat and i put salt on the outside.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

yeah little bit of salt adds more flavour for some reason. not a lot of salt though. that's the key

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

What do you goons put in the ground beef before you cook a burger? I like to put ketchup and Dijon mustard in mine, but I'm not sure if that does anything or if it's all in my head.

Italian dressing if I'm really in a mood

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

toggle posted:

yeah little bit of salt adds more flavour for some reason. not a lot of salt though. that's the key

coarse sea salt is my favorite

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the problem with adding stuff into your burgers is you have to mix it in there. it messes up the texture and makes it more like a meatball or meatloaf. burgers are different imo and you just squish the meat into a patty and fry the thing with salt on it.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

if you have to burg fast and you're in the middle/east coast i'd always recommend a hardees frisco burger

poo poo is unreal at about 3 am

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I will alert the mods of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I will alert the mods of this thread

you will do nothing and they will like it

• Locked thread