Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Wow, there's a Jagex Mod that knows about SA? Wonder if they're a goon or just know we are SA because they know what goons are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008
That's me back on Arsenes, thanks a ton for all the help.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

How Rude posted:

Wow, there's a Jagex Mod that knows about SA? Wonder if they're a goon or just know we are SA because they know what goons are?

they watch up poop in our socks

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

How Rude posted:

In an earlier thread, a Jagex Employee with a homestuck avatar mentioned that at least 4 Jmods back then posted on SA. They didn't say how many of them were on the Runescape team.

Manyorcas can tell you about the time we got another Jmod to check out on our extremely bugged and hosed up Clan Citadel which wouldn't change tiers despite having enough resources. Because we forgot to keep up the visitor count :ssh:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
For anyone who doesn't know the reset guy by name, it's the crazy looking blonde guy by the south fountain in lumby courtyard. Go turn off stat resets!

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

For anyone who doesn't know the reset guy by name, it's the crazy looking blonde guy by the south fountain in lumby courtyard. Go turn off stat resets!

just did that.

why the gently caress would I ever want to become a low level babby. 99s for life.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Spergminer posted:

In an earlier thread, a Jagex Employee with a homestuck avatar mentioned that at least 4 Jmods back then posted on SA. They didn't say how many of them were on the Runescape team.

Manyorcas can tell you about the time we got another Jmod to check out on our extremely bugged and hosed up Clan Citadel which wouldn't change tiers despite having enough resources. Because we forgot to keep up the visitor count :ssh:
I remember that thread. I hope there are some JMods looking at this current thread and thinking, 'Wow, the cool, amazing, witty and hilarious Pizza Lady makes our game look really fun!' :nsallears:

Game 16
Winner: Pizzagrippa
Notes: An isolated place. I was probably the first person ever there.

Last treasure trail to add to the loot pile.

I had a couple of raffle games! There were three games - the first had all the slots filled, second one was after a few slots were emptied, then the third was rerolled to include more valuables since a lot of duds were gotten. The results are below and you can try for a raffle game too soon!

Intermission: Pubbie comes and tells the whippergoonsters to get out of his ports! Snippets of him can be found above too.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spergminer posted:

Pretty sure jagex employees posted, but none were on the RS team. Or at least they didn't admit it.

Magres posted:

A Good Post. Had no idea this was a thing.

Themata posted:

I remember that thread. I hope there are some JMods looking at this current thread and thinking, 'Wow, the cool, amazing, witty and hilarious Pizza Lady makes our game look really fun!' :nsallears:

:stonklol:

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Spergminer posted:

I'm hoping I never top this for personal biggest :downs: MMO moment.

Also throwing in support for the swole-idel fund idea.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

I'd like to see the citadel fund donor epeen-measuring highscores return at some point, I miss those from Many's era of running the clan. Seemed to get more people involved in replenishing the fund and served as a public record of how much we had available to pay out per week.

of course this has nothing to do with wanting to be up high on this list with the 130m I've tossed in

you're welcome citadel slaves workers

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Welp, looks like it's time for me to switch over to the authenticator from JAG. On the upside, it'll be easier than trying to be sure I remember my JAG answers.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Switching topics momentarily, here is a sample of the VN I'm doing for the Sims 2 Murder Mystery. There's a slight lag cause of the recorder I used, but you get the idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1txmDkL7hkQ

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I didn't know you could reset your skills. Why not tie that functionality to needing the bank pin also?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Hajj Podge posted:

I didn't know you could reset your skills. Why not tie that functionality to needing the bank pin also?

It is tied to the bank pin.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Themata posted:

Switching topics momentarily, here is a sample of the VN I'm doing for the Sims 2 Murder Mystery. There's a slight lag cause of the recorder I used, but you get the idea.

jesus christ these get more elaborate and WTF every time

never stop

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

:siren:OldSchool RuneScape Permanent F2P Launches today!:siren:

OldSchool RuneScape News posted:

Permanent Free To Play
Permanent F2P is now here for Old School. Anyone and everyone can log on and play the F2P area of the game until their heart's content. Both new and existing accounts have access to F2P Old School so whether you are a new or old player you can hop on and play for free!

We're making some small changes to the F2P portion of the game to accompany the release of permanent F2P.

Yew trees, lobsters and wilderness fishing spots

Some time ago we removed the ability for F2P players to chop yew trees or fish lobsters. As we are introducing some additional limitations to F2P players, which will be detailed slightly further down in the news post, we have now made it possible for F2P players to chop yew trees and fish lobsters.

In addition to this, the dark crab fishing spots found in the wilderness will now act as tuna/lobster/swordfish fishing spots when logged into a F2P world.

Additional NPCs in and around Lumbridge

In order to help deal with the expected influx of players, we have increased the number of low level monsters that spawn in and around Lumbridge. We have also added some additional areas to kill chickens, cows, goblins and frogs. We hope that this will make it simpler for new players to find places to get training and to do so without overcrowding.

Skippy has returned

Skippy, the NPC that allows you to skip Tutorial Island, has now returned. This is to help deal with the large number of players that may end up on Tutorial Island and reduce any overcrowding.

Skippy will be removed from Tutorial Island at some point in the near future once Tutorial Island is slightly less active.

F2P account limits

For the first 24 hours of in-game time on a newly made F2P account players cannot trade items off their account. They can still receive items but they cannot trade their items away.

In addition to trading being restricted we have also restricted other ways of transferring items to prevent players circumventing the limits.

• If you drop an item manually, the item is visible only to you. It does not ever become visible to other players.
• If you die to a PKer, they will receive loot, however any stacks of items that you held when you died will be reduced to 1. For example, if you die with 1,000 coins the PKer that killed you will only receive 1.
• You cannot add items to a Trade offer or Duel offer. When the trade screen opens a message on the screen will tell you how long it will be until you can offer items.

We will be carefully monitoring the impact and effectiveness of these limitations over the release of F2P and will relax them if we find that we can keep on top of the bots, after the initial launch rush.

If your account ever becomes a member after this update, these restrictions will stop applying to you, and will not come back if you unsubscribe in future.

Starter kit tool

To help aid the community in F2P based events and helping give new players a great start to the game, we've given access to a spawner tool to some members of the community. Clan leaders, livestreamers and players focusing on hosting F2P events will be able to use this tool to spawn a limited number of starter kits each day for new or returning players during events.

The Well of Goodwill was also re-activated for OldSchool, and there's a 2nd anniversary event going on in Varrock currently with a cow suit available to participants. Live out your magical cattle-knight related video game fantasies!

The Grand Exchange is due out in the next two weeks, with Mod Ash putting in extra overtime to get the job done sooner, Achievement Diaries are set for an early release next month, but priority is now on getting bonds set up for OldSchool so they may be pushed back another week. The graphics work appears to be done, so what's left seems to be testing/setting up tasks in the interface.

:siren:OSBuddy is also having a free pro-features weekend currently!:siren:
OSBuddy is a feature-rich OldSchool client (think SwiftKit/SwiftSwitch from back in the day, but better) developed by the folks that brought us the popular RSBuddy botting client. Jagex-endorsed, OSBuddy is used by the vast majority of OldSchool players.

Now is an excellent time to check out OldSchool RuneScape as new players settle in, join us in the ScapeGoons chat channel today!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Bring that sword to RS3 please.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Spergminer posted:

Bring that sword to RS3 please.

Well at least the pants, because at least their Elite Achievement set is actually cohesive unlike our jumble of random items. :saddowns:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Who is/was "All Winners" here on SA? Looks like they have been hijacked:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

i am ready for bxp bank gains.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
so yeah it seems winner is hijacked. or he sold the account to someone. either way it's pretty clear he has no idea what something awful is.

he knows the accounts pin sadly, or it never had one.

At the moment he's sitting around the GE on w60

EDIT: apparently augie/hinzie think he's a pubbie that somehow got added to the clan eons ago. guess they're right, i dunno tbh

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 19, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

so yeah it seems winner is hijacked. or he sold the account to someone. either way it's pretty clear he has no idea what something awful is.

he knows the accounts pin sadly, or it never had one.

At the moment he's sitting around the GE on w60

EDIT: apparently augie/hinzie think he's a pubbie that somehow got added to the clan eons ago. guess they're right, i dunno tbh

There's a bunch of pubbies in Goonscape, they're mostly cool.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Spergminer posted:

There's a bunch of pubbies in Goonscape, they're mostly cool.

I guess I'm kinda a pubbie too, considering i joined through a friend and made a SA acc after I joined the clan

Are there lots of people in clan that never post in/view the thread?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I can only imagine that's the case - we have people in the clanchat who never speak, either.

That said, today, I eliminated our clan of 73 accounts from our former total of 493 accounts. All of these accounts met the criteria of A) haven't played in 2-3 years and B) have a total xp of under 300k. These are people who joined, played for a week, then quit forever.

We moved 100 up the clan rankings, and our average total level went from 1255 to 1430.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Themata posted:

I'll be honest that is kind of a dumb alibi, but knowing Frag that would be a good excuse, for a dumb nerd :)

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I can only imagine that's the case - we have people in the clanchat who never speak, either.

That said, today, I eliminated our clan of 73 accounts from our former total of 493 accounts. All of these accounts met the criteria of A) haven't played in 2-3 years and B) have a total xp of under 300k. These are people who joined, played for a week, then quit forever.

We moved 100 up the clan rankings, and our average total level went from 1255 to 1430.

Sounds good, now we can finally become a super competitive cool kids clan!

Read
Dec 21, 2010

More importantly we now have the perfect number of clanmates.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Read posted:

More importantly we now have the perfect number of clanmates.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:okpos:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Is the Visual Novel going to have Phoenix Wright motifs the whole time? Cus that sounds fantastic :-)

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I miss all the cool stuff due to my lame schedule and I'm totally unprepared for the weekend.

Ah well. Slayer and sinkholes will always be there for me :unsmith:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

How Rude posted:

Is the Visual Novel going to have Phoenix Wright motifs the whole time? Cus that sounds fantastic :-)

Yes.

Game 17

Winner: Firien900
Notes: Crystal Core arrived first, but let Firien take the prize. How generous!

Game 18

Winner: Crystal Core
Notes: You can literally offer goons 100m cash and they're so lazy cause :qq: my bonus xp :qq: that they won't take it. That just makes it easy money for others.

As for the rest of the stuff, whether that was bonds, my armadyl battlestaff, coins, etc., they were all given to the well or poorer goons, and a large chunk will be delivered to Flex so he may spread it to other goons in need. All in all, I'm pretty sure I must have dumped at least 600m on everyone - hope you all enjoy it.

Final bank:

If anyone asks for a future bank cleaning, this is what I will do - leave no tradeables (except those house tabs I forgot) behind.

e: Requested by Dread Queen:

When socks aren't enough

Themata fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 20, 2015

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

:siren: Don't forget to flip summoning pouches today, especially if you have the Elf City diary complete! :siren:

I went from 2m to 23m in one round of flipping this morning alone!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Soulhunter posted:

:siren: Don't forget to flip summoning pouches today, especially if you have the Elf City diary complete! :siren:

I went from 2m to 23m in one round of flipping this morning alone!

:what:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

รขย€ย• Corey Dostoyevsky

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

heh

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

efb

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/2wkwhn/only_validating_his_name_as_true/ i like this one le upboat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

Great responses pirate