Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

On what possible grounds
Because people are idiots and complain about everything. There have been 5 complaints to Ofcom so far - 1 for not providing a helpline afterwards.

Loads of people are moaning that it was "false advertising" because of the way they highlighted 14 suspects and Bobby wasn't one of them. They're just pissed as they lost money at the bookies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Holy gently caress the bookies must have cleaned up. I wonder what the odds on the kid were.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Depends how much the head writers relatives put down.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
What a load of Bollocks on Toast.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Honestly better put together than you'd expect. That Ian oval office is one of the most depressingly bad actors there is though.

And since none of the other cast knew, nothing will come from this 'revelation' for a long, long time. And now I can forget this poo poo exists again.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Steve2911 posted:

Holy gently caress the bookies must have cleaned up. I wonder what the odds on the kid were.

The place i checked weren't even offering odds for him. So they would have cleaned the gently caress up.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I can't wait until there's a ratings slump for Eastenders and they decide to do a storyline where they reveal Bobby as the killer to the rest of the square. Hopefully it'll be during an hour long episode with weeks of build up.

And holy poo poo, bringing Kathy back. Does anyone actually die in this show?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Only the human soul.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
kinda funny that they did the Maggie Simpson thing and nobody saw it coming :laugh:

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Is anyone still watching Fortitude?

It isn't very good. They've managed to include that feeder fetish, which didn't make pleasant viewing.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

I liked the first episodes of Cucumber and Banana but theyve both dipped since.

In this episode of Cucumber, Henry overhears sex and is horny. Lance grows closer to co-worker. They both exchange hostile communication that softens briefly, hinting to repair their relationship, but ends due to a communication problem. Freddie has lots of sex but is cold to Henry. Henry is told to grow up. An older man has sex with a much younger one.

In the next episode of Cucumber, an older man has sex with a much younger one. Henry overhears sex and is horny. Lance grows closer to co-worker. Henry is told to grow up. Lance and Henry both exchange hostile communication that softens briefly, hinting to repair their relationship, but ends due to a communication problem. Freddie has lots of sex but is cold to Henry.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Steve2911 posted:

I checked Bet365 and Paddy Power last week and Bobby Beale was favourite at both places. His odds were about 3/1. This was monday or tuesday.

I put a bet on Christian at 250/1. It seems ridiculous, but I figured they had to keep it 'in the family' and it needed to be someone Jane would feel compelled to protect so my logic was SOUND.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
This JK Rowling thing on BBC One just seems like a massively depressing reflection on society. Which might be worthwhile, but is horrible to watch. Half way through the second episode and I think out of the only two characters to come off ok: One is dead, One is wanking a posh guy off in a library to buy her little brother shoes. Depressing. But then so is life in modern Britain. So maybe it's good.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Ben Soosneb posted:

This JK Rowling thing on BBC One just seems like a massively depressing reflection on society. Which might be worthwhile, but is horrible to watch. Half way through the second episode and I think out of the only two characters to come off ok: One is dead, One is wanking a posh guy off in a library to buy her little brother shoes. Depressing. But then so is life in modern Britain. So maybe it's good.

She stole those shoes from the soft play group in the library. You saw them lined up as she entered.

I'm enjoying it. The aspect ratio still seems unnecessary, but nowhere near as wasted as it is in Cucumber. The book was good, and it's a shame to see they've ommitted a few characters.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I don't know if anyone here watches House of Fools, but that last episode was was loving bizarre, I loved it.

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006

Ben Soosneb posted:

I haven't watched all of the episodes to date (and never read the book) but it seems that she is particularly good at capturing teenagers and that time in life, especially when when all the wizardy trappings are removed. Although I guess its a double edged sword after Harry Potter.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Jesus loving Christ, that was a fraught, hauntingly tense execution on Wolf Hall. Nearly swallowed my own tongue when the executioner did his bit of misdirection behind Anne.

Pretty stunning script, acting and direction to create that much suspense from an event more than 500 years old that every schoolchild knows.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Only interesting thing to happen at the Brits in years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUVTMwV0t0s

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Brown Moses posted:

Someone get InjuryLawyers4U on the blower!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

David Mitchell should have won that. His pavlova and biscuits were by far the best. :colbert:

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Nettle Soup posted:

David Mitchell should have won that. His pavlova and biscuits were by far the best. :colbert:

It was certainly a brave decision to make his meringue a sort of mouldy grey colour on the inside. I liked Mary Berrys' expression when she cut the pavlova open and it all glooped out.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Brown Moses posted:

Nicked from Twitter, but does this make her The Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm surprised GBS hasn't picked this up as a gif and ran with it yet, could be the new El Hadj Diouf.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Uncle goes from strength to strength doesn't it?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Gorn Myson posted:

Uncle goes from strength to strength doesn't it?

It was superb and the song at the end of the latest episode was fantastic as well.

MOSSAD!

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Any episode where Con O'Neill gets a look in is fine by me.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Val is the best part of Uncle and any time they get more screentime is bound to be gold.

Nice jumpsuit.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

That whole episode was gold. I hope they run with that group being a band, because the chemistry the actors have is great.

That and it would mean more Sydney White, which is a good thing because shes really fit.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Val is the best part of Uncle and any time they get more screentime is bound to be gold.

Nice jumpsuit.

Re: the comment in the spoiler -- that made me go :neckbeard: because Val gets it. I've liked the character from the start between talking poo poo to Andy, but being very kind to Errol.

The reveal of sis's sexting partner got a squee out of me as well.

Also, I just finished a tutorial with a student who is a real-life Errol (whom I suspect I'd get along with if he were one of my students). Clothing, shy-yet-earnestness about the topic, the whole package.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Ms Boods posted:

Re: the comment in the spoiler -- that made me go :neckbeard: because Val gets it. I've liked the character from the start between talking poo poo to Andy, but being very kind to Errol.

The reveal of sis's sexting partner got a squee out of me as well.

Also, I just finished a tutorial with a student who is a real-life Errol (whom I suspect I'd get along with if he were one of my students). Clothing, shy-yet-earnestness about the topic, the whole package.

The chemistry between Val and Errol is so good. Even going back to series 1.

"You ask a lot of questions."
"You avoid a lot of questions."

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Irisi posted:

Jesus loving Christ, that was a fraught, hauntingly tense execution on Wolf Hall. Nearly swallowed my own tongue when the executioner did his bit of misdirection behind Anne.

Pretty stunning script, acting and direction to create that much suspense from an event more than 500 years old that every schoolchild knows.

What did he say?

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Szmitten posted:

What did he say?

He takes off his shoes and creeps in his socks to the blindfolded Annes' left hand side. He shouts for his sword, which is already in his hand, and she gasps and turns her head towards the noise in a panic, but he's already spun silently on his heel to her right, where her neck is completely exposed and...

Thwack. In one clean strike.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Irisi posted:

He takes off his shoes and creeps in his socks to the blindfolded Annes' left hand side. He shouts for his sword, which is already in his hand, and she gasps and turns her head towards the noise in a panic, but he's already spun silently on his heel to her right, where her neck is completely exposed and...

During filming he was doing all this flouncy ninja poo poo and muttering that was absolutely ridiculous to watch. The higher-ups would watch the rushes and snigger. They edited it marvelously to hide all that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Wolf Hall was good once it got going, but it took long enough to do that. First time I was really gripped was when he was fitting Moore up for the chop which was like, halfway through the series, but after that Anne provided a good antagonist.
I spoiled myself by looking up Cromwell on wikipedia (I was a bad student) to see his later life and let me say this: lol.
e: I liked Henry's clothes getting puffier and puffier to convey weight gain as the actor remained stubbornly unobese

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 26, 2015

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I thought this season of Uncle has been pretty lame and this ep was ok but not that good.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Irisi posted:

Oh yeah, I saw, but I missed what he said. It's been a day and I forgot if it was in English or French or whatever that character was I'm really really bad at this period of English history we didn't cover it :ohdear:

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

The Big Taff Man posted:

I thought this season of Uncle has been pretty lame and this ep was ok but not that good.

Quite liked series 1 but am surprised everyone's so into the cross-dressing Dad. Seemed like the weakest character & actor in the cast to me.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Philomena Cunk explaining Monster Munch to a top doctor was pretty amazing.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Szmitten posted:

Oh yeah, I saw, but I missed what he said. It's been a day and I forgot if it was in English or French or whatever that character was I'm really really bad at this period of English history we didn't cover it :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Okay thanks. I'm glad it was done that way.