Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Industrial posted:

Maybe this should be in the newbie thread but I hit 30 a couple days ago and yesterday I was home sick from work so I binged ranked all day. I ended up going 6-4 and got into Silver III which I gather is pretty decent for a first timer. However, I don't see the little border around my character at the loading screen that denotes my metal rank or whatever. Is it normal for that to take a bit to catch up or can you not see your own?

It only updates once a year at end of season. You will be waiting a while to see that border. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

More specifically - the border shows what ranked league you reached in the previous season.

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013
Borders are only given out as "end of season rewards."

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Prallax Litovsk posted:

With this build do you literally wade into a bunched up enemy team without exiting stealth and explode them with W?

Against that team not so much. I just ult WW-EQ-W and wipe out Teemo/Xerath and hurt some others.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Mikujin posted:

Sometimes you decide to play Rengar and forget all your AP Runes and Masteries are on.

:getin:

post the ones where I go 0-10

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The stat tracking sites like champion.gg are really great for finding the raw numbers to confirm things you already knew.

For example, Shaco and Katarina cause the most enemy team surrender votes by 20 minutes when they do well with over 60% win rates during the 0-20 minute mark.
Fiddle has his highest win rate around 20-25 minutes, right about when he hits 11, teamfights start breaking out and baron spawns.
Something I didn't expect is like most tank junglers have a 43% win rate for the first 30 minutes, then something happens after that that spikes them to 50%

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

RC Cola posted:

post the ones where I go 0-10

Every time you invite me to a game it says we won our last game together and i know for a fact that i made us lose that game riot fix your game

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Tonetta posted:

Every time you invite me to a game it says we won our last game together and i know for a fact that i made us lose that game riot fix your game

I was literally 0-10 as Vi.
Also goonmans

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I have yet to see a mid Ezreal who doesn't suck poo poo.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ezreal mid is the new Akali

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bholder posted:

Ezreal mid is the new Akali

But I always was afraid of an akali balling out of control, don't feel that way about EZ.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I have yet to see a mid Ezreal who doesn't suck poo poo.

He's really popular in pro scene because he can be safely picked against things like a flawlessly played AP assassin. He's not anywhere near as relevant in solo queue because he brings absolutely no hard CC to pick/kill in midgame fights which is nearly essential to win games. Unless everyone else on the team is bringing that utility (which lets be real here) it's hard to make up for that shortcoming.

Also your top lane has to be AP then or else your team is irrelevant at 15 minutes (see Elements pro game today).

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Endorph posted:

actual things ive had to do to get people to upgrade trinkets in bronze 1:

begging
promising to honor them
deliberately getting my team to follow me into obvious ganks and then going 'boy, if we had some wards we'd have spotted that'
promising to buy them skins (i did not)

is jungle teemo possible? you can run him top, mid, adc, and support, so once i have jungle figured out ill just play nothing but him so we have some goddamn vision

It's a thing, but not a good thing really. You should run ignite, walk to their 1st buff if you can manage it or 2nd if not, sit invisible in the bush, smite the buff and kill them. Then proceed to counter gank, and shrrom all over and feed a lot.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Goonmans were fun today. Sorry I was a drunk rear end in a top hat

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

RC Cola posted:

Goonmans were fun today. Sorry I was a drunk rear end in a top hat

Are they over?? bc I am here and I am drunk and I just got done fishing so I'm feelin good

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Industrial posted:

Maybe this should be in the newbie thread but I hit 30 a couple days ago and yesterday I was home sick from work so I binged ranked all day. I ended up going 6-4 and got into Silver III which I gather is pretty decent for a first timer.

Plenty of time now to climb to gold as you have the rest of the season to get there and have a nice shiny gold border next year. :eng101:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Libertine posted:

He's really popular in pro scene because he can be safely picked against things like a flawlessly played AP assassin. He's not anywhere near as relevant in solo queue because he brings absolutely no hard CC to pick/kill in midgame fights which is nearly essential to win games. Unless everyone else on the team is bringing that utility (which lets be real here) it's hard to make up for that shortcoming.

Also your top lane has to be AP then or else your team is irrelevant at 15 minutes (see Elements pro game today).

Yeah I kinda figured it was a copycat thing but so far every single one I've had on my team either feeds or gets shoved under tower/out of lane, falls way behind, and offers nothing later in the game. At this point I just expect to lose when I have one on my team.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
Btw why did Elise fall out of favor in the metagame? Did the nerf hammer hit her too hard?

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Yeah I kinda figured it was a copycat thing but so far every single one I've had on my team either feeds or gets shoved under tower/out of lane, falls way behind, and offers nothing later in the game. At this point I just expect to lose when I have one on my team.

I tend to think of AP Ezreal mid in low mmr games as an E/N champion. Either they suck poo poo and are 0-4 in the first 15 minutes or they are an unstoppable force that carries their team. There is no in between.

e: 9/10 times the first option is the case.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
AP Ezreal is really dependent on items; he's pretty much useless until he finishes 2 straight AP stat sticks

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

That's why you buy Mejai first on him :shepicide:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

NTT posted:

AP Ezreal is really dependent on items; he's pretty much useless until he finishes 2 straight AP stat sticks

And one of them really has to be Lichbane too, right? Keeping the Mystic Shot poke high seems like something you'd really want with AP Ez.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

morning wood posted:

I tend to think of AP Ezreal mid in low mmr games as an E/N champion. Either they suck poo poo and are 0-4 in the first 15 minutes or they are an unstoppable force that carries their team. There is no in between.

e: 9/10 times the first option is the case.

It's like Trick2G Udyr or support Brand, all of these are viable but they're very attractive to people who watch more than they play and think they can cargo-cult their way to a higher elo.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Remind me, is he good?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Transient People posted:

And one of them really has to be Lichbane too, right? Keeping the Mystic Shot poke high seems like something you'd really want with AP Ez.

No, not really. All AP Ezrela really needs is a deathcap, as fast as possible. If you need a zhonyas, get a zhonyas. Then you can start worrying about things like boots, grail, and void staff, as well as your lich bane. It is absolutely critical that your ult and W hit like a loving truck; it's literally his only mid game relevance.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

NTT posted:

No, not really. All AP Ezrela really needs is a deathcap, as fast as possible. If you need a zhonyas, get a zhonyas. Then you can start worrying about things like boots, grail, and void staff, as well as your lich bane. It is absolutely critical that your ult and W hit like a loving truck; it's literally his only mid game relevance.

Makes sense, especially since I just remembered Q has an AP ratio now anyways. W actually hits pretty hard if it tags more than one guy, doesn't it?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Every time i play ap ezreal and build Not AP first I just go 'man this lich bane is nice' or 'man this grail is nice' but I do no damage, and I never start doing damage until the deathcap's done.

Damage first, cool items that optimize your damage later

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Libertine posted:

He really isn't that safe though? As far as I know he is mostly picked because of his huge mid-game power spike from Triforce (and Manamune shortly after, if all goes well) and his objective control, siege potential and wave control. Also, midlane Ez reaches level 11 at a time when his ult will still deal actual significant damage.

A well-played mid Ezreal that managed to not fall behind early can completely suffocate the enemy team and have all inner turrets down by 25 minutes without even necessarily killing people to open up the map. That's why he's picked. At least afaik.

You're definitely right about the AP top thing though, and the Elements game was hilarious.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 21, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Eyes Wide Shut posted:

He really isn't that safe though? As far as I know he is mostly picked because of his huge mid-game power spike from Triforce (and Manamune shortly after, if all goes well) and his objective control, siege potential and wave control. Also, midlane Ez reaches level 11 at a time when his ult will still deal actual significant damage.

A well-played mid Ezreal that managed to not fall behind early can completely suffocate the enemy team and have all inner turrets down by 25 minutes. That' why he's picked. At least afaik.

You're definitely right about the AP top thing though, and the Elements game was hilarious.

Ezreal is literally the safest ADC in the game, by a million miles, and it's not close. Only Corki is in the same league according to Champion.gg, and he still lags behind. Having a hyper spammable pretty long blink with tier one priority that's attached to super long range poke is nice and means you don't really get caught if you play right.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Transient People posted:

Ezreal is literally the safest ADC in the game, by a million miles, and it's not close. Only Corki is in the same league according to Champion.gg, and he still lags behind. Having a hyper spammable pretty long blink with tier one priority that's attached to super long range poke is nice and means you don't really get caught if you play right.

I agree, but I was responding to the bit that said "can safely be picked against things like a flawlessly played AP assassin." I personally believe midlane Ezreal doesn't really have the means to retaliate if LB or Ahri jump him as a way of poking, mainly because his poke is single-target and is blocked by minions. If safety in such matchups really was the main reason for picking him there would be several other champions that offer similar (although admittedy slightly less) safety while also providing more reliable waveclear, poke or CC, like Xerath or Lissandra. Not to mention AP is generally considered harder to itemise against. I'd pick either of those into LB or Ahri over Ezreal anyday if I had an AD top and/or my other lanes do not peak at roughly the same time AD Ezreal does.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 21, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Eyes Wide Shut posted:

I agree, but I was responding to the bit that said "can safely be picked against things like a flawlessly played AP assassin." I personally believe midlane Ezreal doesn't really have the means to retaliate if LB or Ahri jump him as a way of poking, mainly because his poke is single-target and is blocked by minions. If safety in such matchups really was the main reason for picking him there would be several other champions that offer similar (although admittedy slightly less) safety while also providing more reliable waveclear and CC, like Xerath and Lissandra. I'd pick either of those into LB or Ahri anyday if I had an AD top and/or my other lanes do not peak at roughly the same time AD Ezreal does.

Didn't Faker just go and stomp an Ahri or Leblanc with AD mid Ez not too long ago

I mean, it's Faker, but if we're talking about flawlessly played champs, I think using his results as a measuring stick might be worth something.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I think that was Ahri, but he did stomp yeah. Like you said though, it was Faker. We'd need to see his Ahri versus someone else's AD Ezreal to see if that would not be as one-sided.

Still, it seems feasible to me that SKT had Faker pick Ezreal not because of his arguable safety but exactly because Faker is Faker and is likely to get ahead anyway, at which point mid Ezreal is one of the champions he is able to impact the mid-game the most on precisely because of the reasons I listed above. That is what happened anyway, he didn't stomp lane particularly hard iirc but was able to pressure the entire map and snatch kills off of that.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 21, 2015

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
ad ezreal is a skill matchup for ahri and Leblanc

both of those champions are really fragile, it's basically just a race to land the first few skillshots, then use your mobility to reduce the all in damage when you fight

fnox
May 19, 2013

how come I never noticed that the recharge time on corki's rockets isn't a static cooldown. that almost makes an AP build of him viable.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I just won a ranked where our team had great coordination, A+ would re-queue, but we beat a Xerath on the enemy team who at the end of the really short game had 10 kills and had hit some absolutely out of this world shots. Like blind-firing across the map into areas which were swept/pink-warded and getting double kills on rotating multiple targets with the ultimate.

I've never really felt like I was up against someone scripting, but I don't think he missed an E, or an R in the entire match. At one point Ezreal flashed after one and another ult charge hit him directly where he flashed into a blind bush (I had just swept it).

The dude has no ranked games of Xerath this season at all, and was busting that out.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

"mynoots"

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

fnox posted:

how come I never noticed that the recharge time on corki's rockets isn't a static cooldown. that almost makes an AP build of him viable.

its always been semi viable if you somehow survive the laning phase the problem is what the gently caress how do you survive laning phase as ap corki

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Last game on Mafia Jinx her W was showing the initial line but not the projectile when it activates. Anyone else seeing this?

morning wood fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 21, 2015

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Jolly well posted:

its always been semi viable if you somehow survive the laning phase the problem is what the gently caress how do you survive laning phase as ap corki

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

dont tell them>_>

• Locked thread