Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

kylej posted:

This is Sour's magnum opus Gary impression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dZY2qztZog
Forget the impression, what is going on in that picture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Ribsauce posted:

Forget the impression, what is going on in that picture?

Sour told a story about going to a dermatologist and cumming when she touched his back and ribs so Howard asked Lisa G to do it.

edit: my bad thought you were asking about the thumbnail

Shapur fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 19, 2015

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
LOL I think he's talking about the pic of Gary with those dudes...was that the bachelor party at the hotel where the hooker ripped them off? (Staff confessions, 2006)

more Sour!!!:::

"Africa"
http://picosong.com/LWgA/

"Can't Fight This Feeling"
http://picosong.com/LWgK/

"Another Brick in the Wall"
http://picosong.com/LWga/

INXS and Joe Walsh two-fer!
http://picosong.com/LWms/

Cliche Guevara fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 19, 2015

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
It's Ash Wednesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdGpmzrsknY

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Dr.Caligari posted:

I love that clip, but did Howard ever laugh like that before Artie? It seems like once he arrived Howard assimilated his laugh.

Yeah, when Howard, Gilbert and Jackie were talking about Ratso buying a house on a lake where you weren't allowed to flush toilet paper.

Howard Stern Gilbert Gottfried 15 1999-10-28 Ratso's House

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

From a post on SternFanNetwork:

quote:

The word I get is that there are ZERO negotiations going on with SXM and Howard.
SXM made its one and only offer and Howard Stern rejected it outright.

Howard is simply showing up to fulfill the letter of his contract and that's it.

There is speculation from my sources that Howard will actually leave SXM before his contract is up.

Before anyone claims I'm full of poo poo, just remember I called the fact that 2 members of the crew would be gone before March.
I was proven correct with the Lisa G firing and the dismantling of Howard 100 News.

Take it with a grain of salt, of course, but I've had the exact same opinion as the bolded part above for quite some time (since the lawsuit, essentially).

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Former Human posted:

Yeah, when Howard, Gilbert and Jackie were talking about Ratso buying a house on a lake where you weren't allowed to flush toilet paper.

Howard Stern Gilbert Gottfried 15 1999-10-28 Ratso's House

This is one of my favorite Gilbert appearances; thanks. :thumbsup:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Sand Monster posted:

From a post on SternFanNetwork:

Take it with a grain of salt, of course, but I've had the exact same opinion as the bolded part above for quite some time (since the lawsuit, essentially).

Oh, I absolutely think this is it for him. Pretty much thought so since he signed the last one.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

It was also pointed out that Sirius is moving out of their current offices for a new setup that is being built uptown. There were two channels absent from the scheduled studio moves in late 2015 / early 2016.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Going by his recent shows, Artie's podcast won't last very long. Sounds like he's in a dark place, wouldn't be surprised if he's using again.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Geekslinger posted:

It was also pointed out that Sirius is moving out of their current offices for a new setup that is being built uptown. There were two channels absent from the scheduled studio moves in late 2015 / early 2016.

Ouch. So chances are nothing of Howard 100/1 will remain. Not even reruns? That's quite disappointing.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Going by his recent shows, Artie's podcast won't last very long. Sounds like he's in a dark place, wouldn't be surprised if he's using again.

Has he ever really stopped?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

What's the higher number: the number of new episodes Artie will do his podcast or the number of years he has left to live?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Ouch. So chances are nothing of Howard 100/1 will remain. Not even reruns? That's quite disappointing.

Howard owns the tapes, not Sirius.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Squashy Nipples posted:

Howard owns the tapes, not Sirius.

He'll never release them. He'll just put them in the closet with the High School Years, Porky's, and a Sam Kinison bio pic.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Artie had a bit of a meltdown today: https://www.hulkshare.com/phyrexian/the-artie-quitter-podcast-2-19-2015-cf128k-sg :-/

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I agree he's gone, but not that he will leave before his contract is up. Given his history with the courts, I doubt Howard would leave himself open to a lawsuit, especially so close to the end of his contract. He will have a big finish and that will be it. I mean things with K-Rock where way worse in those final 2 years than anything that happened at Satellite, and he finished all of those just fine.

It was the loss of the TV crew with no replacement that finally convinced me this was it. The slow removal of the staff since then just cements it further.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

This entire thing is just so...awkward.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

One funny thing from that Artie podcast that I don't remember hearing before, he makes whores clap when he leaves the room so they can't rob his money. One weird trick whores DON'T want you to know!!!

Maybe it's because he's on the road doing standup, but he just sounds like he's done.

Also that little fuckface Dan Falato just chuckles through the whole thing like 'well at least I'm still getting paid for now!' :shrug:

TASTE THE PAIN!! fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 20, 2015

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

One funny thing from that Artie podcast that I don't remember hearing before, he makes whores clap when he leaves the room so they can't rob his money. One weird trick whores DON'T want you to know!!!

Maybe it's because he's on the road doing standup, but he just sounds like he's done.

Also that little fuckface Dan Falato just chuckles through the whole thing like 'well at least I'm still getting paid for now!' :shrug:

I took it more as "This is awkward as gently caress but I don't know what to do except laugh" but I don't know him well enough.

Can you explain the clapping thing? I didn't hear that part because I fell asleep. What does them clapping do?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

One would assume if a whore's hands are occupied clapping then you know those hands aren't rummaging through your things and pickpocketing them.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

One would assume if a whore's hands are occupied clapping then you know those hands aren't rummaging through your things and pickpocketing them.

Oh dur. I assumed "leaves the room" mean leaves the hotel room as in he says goodbye to them. I was thinking "how could they rob him if he's not in the hotel room with them anymore?"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

He did that bit on "Jack and Coke" I think. 'You know how much good coke I've lost because I was too polite to tell a whoure to clap her hands?'

edit: I wonder if Artie will go bankrupt before he dies.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 21, 2015

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

I didn't listen to everything but wow is that depressing. I'm afraid the only way Artie would be able to save himself is to sell everything he might have, forget everything knows and move away to some foreign country where no one knows who he is. That's really painful to listen to and I even feel for the co-host who obviously doesn't know how to react.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Comedian Rich Vos has a similar tip that he used to do when he picked up chicks on the road. He'd always walk them down to the hotel lobby after loving them, doing small talk and making her laugh, then going up to the front desk to ask whoever was on duty the time or some other question. That way if someone accused him of rape he had a witness that she left laughing and in good spirits.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

JFC posted:

Comedian Rich Vos has a similar tip that he used to do when he picked up chicks on the road. He'd always walk them down to the hotel lobby after loving them, doing small talk and making her laugh, then going up to the front desk to ask whoever was on duty the time or some other question. That way if someone accused him of rape he had a witness that she left laughing and in good spirits.

Sooooooooo Rich Vos rapes girls?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Artie is in his all women are whores phase, waiting for the all women are angels and life savers phase next. Whores are awesome, but he don't need to attack women and be so drat upset they won't sleep with him.

It's also amazing that Artie thinks he isn't a winner. He is a fat, abusive, drug addicted caveman from Jersey who has made millions of dollars and is convinced that winning is doing the opposite of what he does now. He wants to be the Jersey mook now. I guess it makes sense, he wants to be the simple man without all this burden, but that poo poo follows you in the gutter or the clouds. Artie is a tragic tale, you see a lot of what took Chris Farley down in him. I wouldn't know what to do if I was Artie, the money and whores and sex and drugs won't solve his problems.

I might actually subscribe to his podcast now, but it would be like I just saw a commercial about starving children and feel really bad.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I feel bad about not getting the podcast when he said something along the lines of "You people listening to this are the only ones that care about me." If he's this honest every week, I might get it. I'm not interested in what he thinks about baseball games.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
As an actual subscriber, I can say this isn't even the first time he has been like this. Last Friday, they recorded for 4 hours (rather than the regular 2ish) to make it a double show since he'd be traveling Monday. By the end of the show, he was in the exact same dark loving place, it was entertaining, but awkward as hell with his co-hosts alternating between the same forced laughs that Dan did on yesterday's show and just complete silence. It has certainly been a theme of Artie's lately.

If you want to be optimistic, it does seem correlated with being on the road, he doesn't really seem like he wants to be there. But yeah, the realist in everyone has to pretty much notice the sudden mood swing and assume the obvious.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

How much staff does Artie have, or does he have any? One of the greatest things about the Howard Stern show is that it's not always about Howard. Just look at the clip packs; you've got Howard, Gary, Fred, Robin (I think?), Artie, Richard, Sal, Jackie, Jon Hein, Ralph (ugh) (edit: Benjy), plus the entirety of the Wack Pack. I know his show JUST started, but I would hope that it gets more people involved. From the sounds of it, it seems like a lonely endeavour, despite having a co-host.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How much staff does Artie have, or does he have any? One of the greatest things about the Howard Stern show is that it's not always about Howard. Just look at the clip packs; you've got Howard, Gary, Fred, Robin (I think?), Artie, Richard, Sal, Jackie, Jon Hein, Ralph (ugh) (edit: Benjy), plus the entirety of the Wack Pack. I know his show JUST started, but I would hope that it gets more people involved. From the sounds of it, it seems like a lonely endeavour, despite having a co-host.

Most of the people he could have as staff would just be using him to further their absent careers, I'd imagine. He burns a lot of bridges and only gets left with the trolls each time.

Also I subscribed just now :smith:

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
The regulars are Chris Cotton and Joe Matarese, comedian co-hosts, Dan Falato who I guess would be the producer, and James Flippin who is the board-op and sound engineer. For the co-hosts Artie has stated before that they don't really get paid, it's mostly a promotional tool for them as comedians or whatever. For Dan and Flippin I'd assume they get paid, but then again Dan now lives with Artie so who knows what the arrangement is there.

edit: the reason the show posted sounds so lonely is as I mentioned, he's currently on the road for the next two weeks, so it's just Artie and Dan.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He LIVES with Artie? What is Artie, beetlejuice now and has handlers?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I wonder if Dan is also in charge of scoring for Artie.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Poor old Artie, the rest of us real life mooks are content with feeling like our lives are spiraling out of control when we come to the realization that we truly are never going to get around to organizing our vast stolen MP3 collections, but he's got Real Troubles - like making sure the $25 hooker you picked up in the Holland Tunnel for the sole purpose of degrading both yourself and some poor desperate woman doesn't steal the heroin you overpaid your hangers-on to go fetch for you

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

How can you feel bad for Artie when hes had fame riches and women and just continues to make the same mistakes over and over again?

Robert Downey Jr figured it out eventually why cant Art?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I think he is upset he had the dream and lost it, while most people never get the dream. I think that is worse actually, so I don't fault him on being upset.

RDJ won the lotto several times in his life, but he is really a super lucky and talented person who got messed up for awhile and recovered. RDJ dipped, while Artie jumped.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Artie is the only person I've seen hit rock bottom and then stay there. Seems like his body is finally starting to break down after all these years of abuse; a catastrophic health issue may be the only thing left that has a chance of changing him. I bet he'll keep living this destructive lifestyle until his body shuts down.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

kylej posted:

Artie is the only person I've seen hit rock bottom and then stay there. Seems like his body is finally starting to break down after all these years of abuse; a catastrophic health issue may be the only thing left that has a chance of changing him. I bet he'll keep living this destructive lifestyle until his body shuts down.

Wasn't he hospitalized at one point and basically played it off as "Ehhh no big deal"?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I wasn't able to listen to what was posted here, what was his meltdown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I wasn't able to listen to what was posted here, what was his meltdown?

Taken from Reddit, I'm on mobile and can't listen either.

quote:

From what I've heard so far:

*He rants about how prostitutes are better than other women because prostitutes are upfront about what it takes to gently caress them.

*He reminiscences about his time on Stern, and how he lost it all and is forced to suck up to third-rate radio hosts to plug his appearances now.

*He says that people who say that he's a loser are right. If he was a winner he'd be at home, with a wife and kids, rather than performing at comedy clubs and whoring himself out on third-rate radio shows for plugs.

*He complains about how his drug use cost him everything and that he's forced to do a podcast ("who even knows what that is?") and beg for subscribers. Says he's 47 and he doesn't know how long he might live.

Honestly, the whole thing just seems like him complaining about his drug use and getting fired from the Howard Stern Show.