Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Goetta posted:

@DotaPit
Sadly Team Fire! is withdrawing from Dotapit Season 3.

RIP

They disbanded or at least dropped Ush and Mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

any good recent games to watch other than secret vs HR game 2?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

VPP(or Asus.polar now, I guess) vs tinker g1(dotapit) and empire vs 4asc g2(major all stars qualifiers) were entertaining.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

This Meepwn/Hell Raisers game is hilariously throwing and counter throwing

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Drunk Canuck posted:

This Meepwn/Hell Raisers game is hilariously throwing and counter throwing

I tuned in right before clock jacked Roshan and the Aegis

really fun game to watch for sure

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm surprised by how good Meepwn are playing against established teams though, didn't expect that of them. We'll see if it lasts?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Goetta posted:

@DotaPit
Sadly Team Fire! is withdrawing from Dotapit Season 3.

RIP

The followup to this:
https://twitter.com/DotaDeMoN/status/568884136129069057
https://twitter.com/DotaDeMoN/status/568882765245997056
Demon says they're not disbanding and trying to get back into dotapit

https://twitter.com/qelixkat/status/568887651501154304
this person(who is apparently their manager) is saying that they did disband and even if there's a team fire it'll be a new team fire

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Those tweets make it look like Fluff is leaving at least which must be shocking to everyone since TC and ixmike left.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I wonder if this is another Fluff meltdown. The team that became Liquid was previously called Fire, which he noted in his blog of infamy, so it wouldn't surprise me that if he meltdown and left it would come in the form of "FIRE IS DEAD*!!!!!!!!!!! (*not really dead)"

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

So Fire has a match in an hour and a half and apparently their roster for that match is going to be Mad, Demon, Brax, Arteezy, and 1437(rtz and 1437 standing in)

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
it would be cool if team fire wasnt such a pile of fuckups and they could get to a lan and have crowd support so that they can chant fire fire fire and some staff at it will pull an alarm and evacuate

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
PPD put up a draft analysis video for their match vs secret at DAC;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wf_wQIXfLs

I wish there were more of these. Draft strategy is something you kind of have to hear from the drafter himself. I can never learn much from watching and commentators rarely help.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Elyv posted:

So Fire has a match in an hour and a half and apparently their roster for that match is going to be Mad, Demon, Brax, Arteezy, and 1437(rtz and 1437 standing in)

They really need rules about participating players standing in for other teams.

SelfOM
Jun 15, 2010
Really close game in Thundercats vs. Wheel.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Wezlar posted:

Well Secret isn't playing in this tournament and if they were, they'd be in the EU division anyway.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Wezlar posted:

They already have it where you can't be available for two teams that are in the same tournament. What else would they need to add?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

My mistake I thought it was a DotaPit match

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vashro posted:

I wish there were more of these. Draft strategy is something you kind of have to hear from the drafter himself. I can never learn much from watching and commentators rarely help.

Can't wait to watch this after I get home from work

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zurreco posted:

They already have it where you can't be available for two teams that are in the same tournament. What else would they need to add?

That stand ins can only be non-teamed players period.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
All teams should be 6 players, 5 full time players and one standin.

Your standin is only good at offlane? Better loving hope your offlaner is the one who is sick!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It's hilarious that fire even kept going when they lost ixmike and tc. Demon, brax and loving mad is a good start for a new team I think.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

The REAL Goobusters posted:

It's hilarious that fire even kept going when they lost ixmike and tc. Demon, brax and loving mad is a good start for a new team I think.

Yeah if you want a team to suck and come last so the other teams get some prize money maybe lmao

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

All teams should be 6 players, 5 full time players and one standin.

Your standin is only good at offlane? Better loving hope your offlaner is the one who is sick!

For serious. Have a bench, it makes sense.

Would you be in favor of substitutions between sets. Like hey I wanna play this guy instead of this guy as we are playing Secret the next best of 3?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Has Brax really ever looked good since like... God league before the hiatus? I feel like he's the most replaceable player ever

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Vashro posted:

This kinda owns

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Bad Moon posted:

Would you be in favor of substitutions between sets. Like hey I wanna play this guy instead of this guy as we are playing Secret the next best of 3?

I think the issue is that unless you're a top team, there isn't enough money in Dota for 5 players, let alone a sixth.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Bad Moon posted:

I think if you had a 6 man roster you could rotate anyone in or out between games.

So if you had a dude who was better vs a certain team you could drop him in before a Bo3 or even in the middle of one, but obv not during games.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

I think if you had a 6 man roster you could rotate anyone in or out between games.

So if you had a dude who was better vs a certain team you could drop him in before a Bo3 or even in the middle of one, but obv not during games.

*ee pauses*
loda: ???
ee: we r subbing in sing
ee: he needs to setup binds

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Luna Was Here posted:

*ee pauses*
ee: we r subbing in sing
ee: he needs to setup binds

What is this mythical world where Loda hasn't killed himself (see: his last tweet when alliance got shitcanned by some tier 3 team) and EE isn't in a mental institution for wayward weeaboos?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

What is this mythical world where Loda hasn't killed himself (see: his last tweet when alliance got shitcanned by some tier 3 team) and EE isn't in a mental institution for wayward weeaboos?

pubstack obv

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
19 kills in this 55min ehug vs whoeverthefuck game. Hyyyype

Even as an RTZ fan I can appreciate the comedy of this game hHah

0-10-6 164gpm 1437 what a player

emdash fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 21, 2015

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Just a reminder Gogey got 1437 to rage quit two games in a row on stream.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Just a reminder Gogey got 1437 to rage quit two games in a row on stream.

Is there an interesting story here.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

TheQat posted:

0-10-6 164gpm 1437 what a player

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Vashro posted:

Crazy mindgames at play here, saying how Universe kept playing Bat in pub games at the public practice area so the other teams thought he was planning to main it and banned it for matches, even though they very rarely picked it when it was available. I almost wonder if they're giving too much away by posting these strategies.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Playing a hero a lot in public so other teams think you will pick it is not new at all.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

A padded room padded with anime princess pillows

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
One thing I'm noticing a lot in that PPD draft analysis video is how often he remarks that Secret bans something they weren't planning on playing. The Batrider ban is memorable because it has a story attached, but there's a handful of bans that don't make a lot of sense in the context of the draft, like second ban on Drow in game 2.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
It's almost like teams also ban heroes just because they don't want to have to play against it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

It's almost like teams also ban heroes just because they don't want to have to play against it

I think it's more a case of puppey just getting mind gamed.

• Locked thread