Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Help Quincey become more badass and/or sexy. Vampirism is a start, but for the full Dio Brando experience, he's going to need more muscles, weird yet trendy clothing, and some actual friends/flunkies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Quincey's life has really gone downhill since Samara left for school. When we get back, you should invent something really nice and give it to Quincey.

Whether nice means it explodes or not is up to you

Zira
Oct 9, 2007

You have a job! Karl has a job! What's my purpose?
Karl has a job!Karl has a job!
What's my purpose? What's my
You have a job! purpose?
What's my purpose?
What's my purpose?

EclecticTastes posted:

And who are you to dictate who Quincey pursues romantically? That's our job! Respect Quincey's orientation and allow him to pursue a relationship with Harry, he seems pretty nice.

I need to agree with this. Being with Harry may be his only chance at being happy. Let him fall in love with who he may, of his own choice..

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Cure our friends of vampirism, that way we can more easily get stuff out of them, and make sure that Blaise won't come after us.

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013
I wonder if Samara would even notice if she came back after all this schooling and all her...friends?...were vampires.

Go hang out with Harry, might do the guy some good to have a friend that doesn't set him or his house on fire. He might know some ladies that he could introduce Quincey to as well.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

I'm surprised Harry didn't notice how Gengis was messing around with Quincey's online profile.

"What is Quincey, schizophrenic? ... ... ... that's just hot. FRIENDS?!"

Have Harry and Quincey hook up.

M. Morgan
May 9, 2012

Sketchie posted:

I'm surprised Harry didn't notice how Gengis was messing around with Quincey's online profile.

"What is Quincey, schizophrenic? ... ... ... that's just hot. FRIENDS?!"

Have Harry and Quincey hook up.

This but give Quincey a makeover first so he looks like a proper vampire heartthrob :swoon:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Haruincey is a go. They must be cute celebrity dating ASAP.

Also, go to school for technology next time

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Huh. Never took Quincey for a vamp.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
Well now that he's a vampire maybe he should go woo lonely rich chicks with his tragic past and heavy curse or whatever modern vampires do.

Or if we don't want to be complete pussies lets have Genghis and Quincy fight crime as vampire vigilantes or something awesome.

P.S. Given his usual attire, car and shifty personality i'm starting to think Genghis is some kind of mercenary or hitman.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Propose to Clayton after you get out of college

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

jon joe posted:

...with a bomb.

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014

jon joe posted:

A ring barely shows commitment. Strapping a bomb to yourself and trusting your loved one rigged it properly? The true test of a relationship.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Just read through the entire thing and then went and dropped far too much money on expansion packs, which until now I had (mostly) successfully resisted. So, welp, goodbye to all my free time for a good long while, thanks assholes! :buddy:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Zoe posted:

Just read through the entire thing and then went and dropped far too much money on expansion packs, which until now I had (mostly) successfully resisted. So, welp, goodbye to all my free time for a good long while, thanks assholes! :buddy:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

LP. Encouraging bad spending decisions since 20XX.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Almost forgot about celebrities being a thing.

I second getting Quincy a celebrity date

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I sorta got The Sims 4 because of this LP :shobon:

Been pretty awesome so far, except for the whole goddamnit stop photographing your food you weirdo thing.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I miss living in Asia and having food interesting enough to photograph.

It probably won't work at uni but I want her to try fishing

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
I tried getting Sims 4 because of this LP, but Origin is so garbage that not only did the payment fail to go through several times, but my bank flagged my card because of it. So gently caress that, I'll just buy another Sims 3 EP and play that.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

asymmetrical posted:

I tried getting Sims 4 because of this LP, but Origin is so garbage that not only did the payment fail to go through several times, but my bank flagged my card because of it. So gently caress that, I'll just buy another Sims 3 EP and play that.

The superior option anyway.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I tried to buy Mass Effect 3 for well over a year but since I was overseas it was literally impossible. Origin may be the worst program I have ever used. Only Korean antivirus software gives it a run for its money.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I can recommend Sims Medieval if you like the idea of The Sims 3, but you want a more structured experience. It's much more focused in theme and directed in its tasks. For people who suffer from choice paralysis, I'd say Medieval is the better game. No whale lovers, though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I just got back to playing my Sim myself because of this thread. Currently trying to figure out if it's possible to marry a Plumbot.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I also started playing Sims 3 again because of this thread. Forgot how slow that thing is. My Sims are late for work every day because they have to stand around so long thinking about every order I give them. (I ordered them to go to work.)

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Steal as many books as you can

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
College: Week 4

So, uh...

...Is this..."old" vampirism like those Draculas, or like, modern vampir--

To do

☐ Befriend a Robot
☐ Travel abroad
☐ Tragic clown to the face
☐ Adopt a magical unicorn
☐ Blame it on Quincey
☐ Time travel
☐ Become an official criminal
☐ Become a licensed everything
☐ Play guitar for tips
☐ Be cruel to your school
☐ Go bowling with Dean Pelton and Best Friend Millie
☐ Make friends with the fat woman
☐ Blow something up
☐ Mark your territory...with graffiti
☐ Pizza for every meal
☐ And beer instead of water
☐ Spend a semester at a sorority house
☐ Do what I want
☐ Increase Quincey's attractiveness
☐ Let Quincey take Harry out to dinner
☐ Give something to Quincey that may or may not explode
☐ Never let Clayton escape
☐ Fish

Do what I want?

...But I wanna do what you want.

Starting with moving to a sorority house.

We're going after our science and medicine degree this time around.

Apparently our success in our business degree and progress towards our technology degree had some overflow with credits, so we can actually get this degree done in one semester if we buckle down and take the largest possible credit load.

Boop.

The sorority house will really help out, because while there's no boys allowed, the housing there is generally higher quality.

As a side note, I'm a moron and didn't realize that I've been playing with the lowest possible resolution. You won't notice a big change on your end because I've resized the photos, but you do get to enjoy an entire whole 40 pixels worth of extra screenshot height.

Right, I almost forgot.

You know, we can use this moment to "do what I want," seeing as I never got to pick a trait before.

So now Samara's a Diva. She already acted like one, but now it's official.

So now, on top of being clumsy, unlucky, and randomly suplexing people while screaming at them, Samara will...do the same thing, but with an egocentric flair.

Well, we can't say it hasn't been fun living at this dorm.

Oh, wait. Yes we can.

YOU HEAR THAT, YOU SCUM-SUCKING BOTTOM-FEEDERS!?

YOUR LITTLE MAKESHIFT MAID ISN'T GOING TO STICK AROUND TO STOP YOU FROM WALLOWING WAIST-DEEP IN DEEP WASTE ANYMORE!

SO YOU BETTER GET DOWN AND WORSHIP THE GRAFFITI ON THE WALLS, BOYS AND GIRLS!

BECAUSE WITH SAMARA GONE, THEY'RE GOING TO BE THE ONLY GOOD-LOOKING THINGS IN THIS DORM, YOU...you...

...You...

...Wow...yelling is...exhausting...

Time...for just...a quick...nap...

[Studio audience applauds]

Oh, hey Death. Haven't seen you since, uh, the last time we died.

Guess all that angry yelling gave us an aneurysm.

So can we cash in our frequent die-er miles?

Ha! Get it?

What, no flowers?

...Aaand he's already gone.

Hey, it's that fat lady. Let's go make friends.

HEY, JIGGLES! WADDLE YOUR WAY OVER HERE!

You seem like good friend material. So how about we hang out some time?

All you gotta do is just, um, sign a free release forms. Nothing big, just for legal reasons.

So uh...

...Uh...

She's...not moving...

She's not even blinking or breathing.

Maybe we broke her?

Actually, that should probably be our cue to just...leave.

MONDAY

Wow, fancy.

Look at this place. It's nothing like the dorms.

It's like a mansion in here. It's spotless, there's nothing broken, and nobody's on fire.

Time to fix that.

Gee, and we thought that bikes were obnoxious. Look at this show-off.

Praise be ye, glorious explosion gods!

And now to hide the evidence...and reuse it later! It's eco-friendly criii--

--Oh god, the game isss--

--hanging from all the scrrr--

--ap metal that car dropped. Oh. It's done.

God, that was terrible. But that's a ton of scrap metal. Literally. That was about 2,000 of those suckers.

Maybe we should find a less dangerous medium to work out our unfounded hatred towards our fellow students.

Good morrow, scholars!

Don't mind us, we'll just be procuring this wall for the time being.

What? What's with the screaming? You weren't using it.

Hmm...

Nah, that's not our best work. At least we don't have to look at it. Or deal with that awful paint smell.

Time to eat!

For this semester, we're going to embrace our inner college student and eat nothing but slices upon slices of delicious pizza.

All we gotta do is just call--

...Phew, false alarm.

Anyways, we just gotta call for delivery every morning and the pizza should last us all day.

And if anybody does eat a slice, we'll just gut punch them until they give it back.

As for liquid sustenance, it's nothing but all beer, all the time.

Plus, if we die of a heart attack, we get a free 20% discount on all funeral-based purchases for our third death!

Hey everyone, pizza's here! Don't eat it if you don't want to die!

No, Samara. You eat pizza, not blow it up.

That's better. Looks like college has taught Samara something after all.

Time to head to class. It's gonna be a busy schedule, but we can still set aside some spare time for a little bit of fun.

TUESDAY

Ahem...

GOOD MORROW, SCHOLARS!

ARE YOU READY FOR A FUN, PRODUCTIVE DAY OF OVERLY EXPENSIVE EDUCATION!?

JUST BECAUSE YOU TAKE NIGHT CLASSES DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T ENJOY THE MORNING WITH THE REST OF US!

Woah, woah, hey! The strident screaming is for the person with the megaphone, lady.

And judging by that colorful vocabulary you're spouting, it's best to keep you away from one lest we offend those more sensitive among us.

Go clean that dirty mouth of yours while we head to lecture. Honestly, the nerve of some people.

Apparently all that spray painting and yelling made Samara well respected enough with rebels to earn a second new trait!

And unlike that respect, this bad boy's permanent.

This time around, we're using random chance to determine Samara's newest feature.

Well, it's not the worst we could've gone with.

Remember kids, you don't have a complete personality until you've commited to a life of petty vandalism.

Oooh...

Science.

We should touch it.

Why'd they put a locked gate around this thing? It's like they wanted nobody to touch this or something.

Uh...

On button?

"Enter sequence?" Wow, look at all of them...

We don't want a sequence, we just wanna see how this works.

Uh...how about sequence N and sequence O. Maybe the computer will understand.

Okay, that made it...start spinning.

How about...P L E A S E...S T O P?

Well, it's...taller? And spinning faster?

Uh-oh.

We may have broken it...

Time to shut this down and get outta here!

This thing's making the ground shake!

You'd figure scientists would be smart enough to label an off button!

Aha! This looks like an off switch!

Off you go!

Off...you...go!

Come on...just...

There!

Okay, we should be fine now--

What in the world was that!?

There was like...a bright light and...and...

...Head...tingling...

...Cranium...convulsing...

...Thoughts...swelling...

...Ideas! Forming!

Science! Flowing!

By utilizing altered code of the existing computational matrices, and running the simulated quantum reactions...

...after calculating sigma with the projected estimate at eighty gigahertz, we can start projecting values and gather extrapolation...

...with metal arrays, using the initial data, and applying the proper countermeasures to ferromagnetic force, we can safely satisfy the octet rule of this simple internalized reaction...

...utilizing...twenty picoseconds with synthesized rubidium...

...Rubidium...

...Rrrubidium...

...Ruu...rrr...

...?

...Rrr...

...Rrrobot.

Robot.

Robot. Robot.

Robot.

Rooobot.

"Robot. Robot. Robot."

Robot.

"Yes, in the front."

Rooobooot.

Rrrobot. Rooobot. Robooot.

WEDNESDAY

Samara's got a hangover from hell. What did she even do yesterday?

Was it...she played with a megaphone...and then...blew something up? Maybe?

Then we fiddled with that science machine and--

Rrr...robot?

Robot!?

Huh. Déjà vu.

...It called us its "creator."

Stupid thing must be buggy or something.

But wow, a real, live, sapient robot! With a functioning, thinking A.I.! We can get it to do whatever want!

Imagine the possibilities! We can use it to do dangerous jobs like handling noxious fumes or underground coal mining and just repair it if it gets damaged!

We can sell this to, like, space programs and they can have it run around and conduct research in space without need for air and supplies! We can--

Make it order us a pizza.

Okay, sure.

Fine. It's only a robot. Y'know. Don't have it do cool robot stuff or anything. Just make it dial up a pizza.

At least now we've got some free time.

What's on the tube?

Aww, it's a rerun of the Halloween special.

Which is weird, seeing as this is the shopping network.

Hey! Down in front!

Robot! Stop smacking the TV! What are you doing!?

No! Why!?

And also how did you get a pipe out of that TV?

Wait, no. Why did you break the TV!? Do you realize that's the only form of entertainment in this dump!?

Well...besides blowing things up, but we're running out of furniture to explode.

...Metal television pipes aren't good food, robot!

Here. This is called "pizza."

This is what we eat around here.

You don't eat food by staring at it, robot. Now sit down and eat or we'll turn you in a pile of pipes.

What, did your creato--uh...Samara not give you taste buds or something? Or do you just really like glaring at pizza?

You got a name or something?

Hope you don't, because your new name is Brenda. Get used to it.

So, Robo-Servant Brenda, here's your new directives.

Our To Do list says we need to fish. But classes start in an hour and the nearest fishing hole is three hours away, and the campus shuttle doesn't even leave a 20 foot radius around campus.

Guess what you get to do?

Don't worry, it'll be fun. Once you get there, that is. You get to enjoy the great outdoors!

Alone. In the cold weather. Next to some rust-inducing water.

And while you're enjoying this, we have to study for class...

We'll just be miserable doing aaall this difficult research. But at least one of us gets to have some fun.

Speaking of fun, it's blogging time!

I forgot that Samara can change her blog's theme. We had our fun with a personal blog, and Samara's too poor to buy movies and too stupid to read books, so instead we're opting for a news blog.

We lost a chunk of our followers, but we can get them back easily in due time.

There we go. Some clickbait to win ourselves some subscribers.

And after class, Samara goes bowling with our best friend Millie.

Dean Pelton already made his cameo and ran off, so we couldn't get a hold of him again.

But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy our time with--

OH GOD--

THURSDAY

That's a keeper.

We have to bring this back home. It'll be a nice memoir for our time in college.

About time, Brenda. Where have you been?

Did you even catch anything?

A guppy? That's it?

And you named it, too?

No, we don't care what the name is. We don't like to know our food.

Now move over. Let's make ourselves some pepperoni and guppy pizza.

Alright, alright. Sheesh.

Why the hell did your creator give you screaming subroutines?

Fine. If you want to make a big fuss about it, then you can cook it.

Well? You threw such a tantrum, and now you've changed your mind? Is that it?

Are you going to do it or what? Your owner is hungry.

Mmm-mmm.

This tastes exactly like crap. But it's still pizza, so we can't complain.

What's with you and staring at food, Brenda?

If you're not going to eat it, then store it in the fridge for later.

It's time for our classes to begin.

What.

Huh? Nerd influence?

All we're doing is the class activity for the day, and you people are just throwing respect at Samara. It's just a dumb skeleton, you literal nerds.

...Man...never noticed how...realistic this thing is.

It's no news that some biology classes use real cadavers but...something's just not right about this one...

Aww. Love you too, Mr. Bones.

FRIDAY

Good morrow, scholars!

It's Finals Friday! Time for the Finals Friday Fire!

It's been a hard semester, but we're almost at the finish line. We got three big classes we gotta take finals for, so it's not going to be an easy last stretch!

There's no need to be so dramatic.

Oh. It's snowing.

Might as well catch some snowflakes while we're down here.

Wait. Why are we down here?

Oh, of course!

It's only because Samara, with her Absent Minded trait, forgot that she was headed to finals, and I didn't notice. So she just wasted an hour playing with the snow while her two-hour exam was in progress.

Great. No, really. Let's just make this entire last week just completely pointless. I seriously hope we can still salvage a good grade from this mess.

...What, really?

We completed an entire degree in one semester AND passed with an A grade?

We'd get excited, but...

Let's have our Robo-Servant do it for us. Take it away, Brenda.

Two degrees down, and the rest are going to be even easier now that we've finished a few classes that overlap into other majors!

We've still got a way to go, but we're making great strides in our journey to academic perfection!

Did her...uh, excitement drives short circuit, or something?

...Can we tell Brenda to fix herself?

To do

☑ Befriend a Robot
☐ Travel abroad
☐ Tragic clown to the face
☐ Adopt a magical unicorn
☐ Blame it on Quincey
☐ Time travel
☐ Become an official criminal
☐ Become a licensed everything
☐ Play guitar for tips
☑ Be cruel to your school
☑ Go bowling with Dean Pelton and Best Friend Millie
☑ Make friends with the fat woman
☑ Blow something up
☑ Mark your territory...with graffiti
☑ Pizza for every meal
☑ And beer instead of water
☑ Spend a semester at a sorority house
☑ Do what I want
☐ Increase Quincey's attractiveness
☐ Let Quincey take Harry out to dinner
☐ Give something to Quincey that may or may not explode
☐ Never let Clayton escape
☑ Fish

As a side note, I found this tree hiding in the empty void for some reason. I dunno, I thought somebody might like to use it as a desktop background or something. You can click it if you want the bigger version.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 21, 2015

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
We need to send pizza to our old dorm.

Then blow it up to spite them.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Find way to make money. Samara needs her own car again!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

When Samara's back from college and winter rolls around again, have a Snowflake Day party, replete with gift pile.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Decorate the Holiday Brenda, as is the Snowflake Day tradition.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Introduce Quincey to your robot when you get back. Then introduce your robot to Quincey's appliances.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

The greased-back vampire hair was a nice touch.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just a thought, but would you terribly mind converting your images to JPEGs for future updates? They KINDA take forever to load sometimes. :shobon:

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

quote:

It's so... pretty.

It must be destroyed.

Indiiea
Sep 26, 2013
Use MasterController and give our SimBot the greatest paint job you can imagine, if you want to use that.

Otherwise, one day we shall clone a sim.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

I wonder if the person purposefully gave her the Unlucky trait so it would be impossible for Samara to die (other than from old age) to stretch this LP as long as it can.

I mean, Samara already died, what, 3 times so far? :colbert:

Also, let's change that Dislikes Children to something more... extreme. Like Star Quality to compliment her new Diva. Samara must become a star back home!

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Te be fair, the last death was when Samara used the megaphone to "Rant about Death", an action which only ever pretends to kill you... the first time you use it. Even with the unlucky trait, ranting about death a second time shortly after would still be permadeath for samara.

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013
Samara always looks so happy when she is blowing other people's things to smithereens :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.
You've become a rebel, but rebelling is boring after a while. See if the nerds will accept your glasses.
Alternatively, become both a nerd and a jock to confuse the hell out of everyone.
Samara will be the weirdest bundle of issues.

Edit: I did some terrible thing and I am sorry:

LifeofaGuardian fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 21, 2015

• Locked thread