Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

##Support the New Byzantine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
##Support the Historian's Father

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Edit: NVM, thought of something better.

NewMars fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Feb 21, 2015

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I have glimpsed the future. There is nothing beyond this life, not in this world, not in the next. We are at the end of history, when our lives are over, our children will not live long enough to write our stories. I see the future coming, an explosion, a blinding light, a cloud of death, a sickness, a dying, a cold blackness as the light of humanity goes out.

And then nothing for eons, as the stars die and the universe comes to its inescapable end.

There is no future, we are reaching the final chapters. My only prayer is that I do not live to see the Epilogue.

##Support the Melancholy Empress

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

Raserys posted:

We have to go back... further!!

We started with Alexios. We're ending with Alexios.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Everything else was just pomp and flowers - we do what we must, what we need to do.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
## Support our mental health facilities

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Sylvester Mars, Pentarch of Rome

"What? What is this blasted tomfoolery? The dead coming back to life, can't be having that! And the rest of you, going along with it all instead of throwing out these derelicts like any reasonable sorts!

Shame shame I say! Half of you didn't have the political acumen god gave a teacup and the rest had all the people skills of a half-baked jack terrier! And that goes for you living sorts as well!

Is anyone even listening to these people?

Let's have a run-down of the stunning acts of political and philosophical genius on offer:"

"Life is sometimes sad, a BLOO BLOO BLAH BLOO.'

"I got to live in a palace, for some reason, this is supposed to be tragic."

"Oh no, being born with unlimited power instead of earning it in any real way means that being a no-good layabout might make me feel bad? My life is haaaaaaard!"

"Jesus tells me to kill people, I am a totally reasonable person."

"I like to watch farmers instead of doing anything to help them, or doing any actual ruling."

"I'm not making a point, I'm just prattling on about what went on when I was alive without saying anything at all, vote for me!"

"And so forth! bunch of no-good ingrates, coming back to tell us that they know what's best. You may ask "But what about all the others?" and I am sad to say that you have missed the point. They're all spouting ridiculous claptrap about how they know what's best, because, for some reason, being completely out of touch with the times and reality is supposed to, you know, replace actually being a decent ruler. I say we give them what they deserve!"

##Give them three pence for the trolley and put them on their way. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here!

NewMars fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 21, 2015

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

A hooded figure appears

Only I have foreseen all the ups and downs of Rome, from Romulus on the Palatine Hill to Evgenia in her Eternal City. Empresses, Generals, Assassins, Princes, all are mere players, puppets for a show, threads within a tapestry. Only I wield true power here. With but a pen, Saints and Tsars perform for your entertainment. They are figurines to inspire and castigate, tools for a greater power. And you eat it up, thinking your participation matters. It is all for naught. It all ends here - sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

#Support The Seer

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Not So Fast posted:

A hooded figure appears

Only I have foreseen all the ups and downs of Rome, from Romulus on the Palatine Hill to Evgenia in her Eternal City. Empresses, Generals, Assassins, Princes, all are mere players, puppets for a show, threads within a tapestry. Only I wield true power here. With but a pen, Saints and Tsars perform for your entertainment. They are figurines to inspire and castigate, tools for a greater power. And you eat it up, thinking your participation matters. It is all for naught. It all ends here - sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

#Support The Seer

"Oh, what's this new bit of incoherency? Some sort of Oh-hoh-hoh-hoooh, but I am the real puppetmaster stchick? Well, don't think you get a special "I'm spoooky listen to me" exception, miss. I'll tell you what I tell everyone else.

The almsgiving is on sunday and we don't let hobos sleep in here anymore, shoo, shoo!"

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

##Support the Living Saint

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
##Support the Enlightened Princeps

Getting some real Sheng-ji Yang vibes from her, let's go.

Another Otter
May 14, 2012

Welcome home...Basillia Iouliana. What a pleasure it is to see you, and your progressive policies, again. You should see what your descendants have been up to.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

##Support the Englishman

The de Mowbrays got screwed, I tell you! Screwed!

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
##Support the Black Emperor
Because why not?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

TheMcD posted:

##Support the Englishman

The de Mowbrays got screwed, I tell you! Screwed!

Tempted to vote this for this reason, but I can't resist the compulsion to ##support the Black Emperor. CHAOS REIGNS.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Beneath the veneer of civility of our nation and our people lies a dark id. The urge to conquer, to control, to manipulate the affairs of the world. The constant assassinations of Sultans, the cyclical wars for Rome, the greed to expand and kill and let our allies die for us.

We cannot deny this aspect of Byzantium. We must accept it. We must understand it. We must control it before it controls us.

##Support the Black Emperor

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

Wait for me, guys! Look, I even made my own spooky skullface portrait!
## Support the Puppet Emperor

Now to think of a real option to vote for...This is hard.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

When the living have gone astray, the Dead shall dance upon the Walls of Theodosius. I spent a lifetime rebuilding them, improving them, and what do I see but the Pearl of the Bosphorus fall to the Chinese. I hide the Revolutionaries of the past in my Armories, and let their Messages wander the streets of Constantinople like the seeds of a Dandelion, yet in the end they turn into mere Emperors themselves. My son translated the first issue of Ryuzoji's 'Allegory of Amaterasu' only for his hope and dream to be pulled through the dirt by radicals and malcontents.

Back in my time, to be Byzantine meant something glorious. Junonian, Julian, none of that mattered when we were all enemies of the Commonwealth. Today, being Byzantine means being a hypocrite, moldable by the winds of politics. When Contentment and Conservatism marches forward the Radicals and Rebels do the same.

Being Byzantine means not to be the leader the People want, but to be the leader the People deserve. In the end, before Death, before the State, before Emperors and Presidents and even God himself, we are all but Human. And there are no worse liars than us.

- Savaş Uzun, Strategos under Tsarina Yustina Yaroslavovna

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
We shall be led by a succession of warrior Empresses, incarnations of God's holy wrath who lead us to repeated victory until the day comes when they are too old to fight. Then we shall offer her blood to the Pantocrator and a new Empress shall be chosen, a new vessel for the holy cleansing fire of the Spirit.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

You dance with the one who brung ya.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

##Support the Englishman

He seems so sad, and no one else is gonna vote for him :smith:

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

##Support the Englishman

England got really screwed over this world, give him some support!

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

tabris
Feb 17, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What is Byzantium? It is not you, it is not me, it is not even the emperor. Byzantium is the army, Byzantium is what it is in the history books and the news papers, Byzantium is a force of history. It will become all of history. Anything outside of this history will no longer have a history.

##Support the Enlightened Princeps

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
##Support Spookiness the Historian's Father.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Is there a well-intentioned exorcist I can support?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

Is there a well-intentioned exorcist I can support?

Well, I, for one, am in favor of giving this group of wastrels, layabouts, nobodies, hasbeens and wannabes the door. Frankly you're all an embarrassment, taking lip from people dumb enough to be dead. :colbert:

NewMars fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 21, 2015

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

NewMars posted:

Well, I, for one, am in favor of giving this group of wastrels, layabouts, nobodies, hasbeens and wannabes the door. Frankly you're all an embarrassment, taking lip from people dumb enough to be dead. :colbert:

Ah, but at least one is not truly dead, as any Patriarch would know! Saint Valeria speaks to us from her place in heaven, no doubt at the left hand of the Father! She lives! Surely God has punished us enough, and will send her back to rule us again!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Wait poo poo, whoops.

The least crazy ghost also works for me, I guess.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
##Vote for calling the Ghostbusters, and also hiratining the thread shenanigans.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
##Support the Implacable General also I have no loving idea where this is going :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Ah, but at least one is not truly dead, as any Patriarch would know! Saint Valeria speaks to us from her place in heaven, no doubt at the left hand of the Father! She lives! Surely God has punished us enough, and will send her back to rule us again!

First of all, theologically speaking, there's no distinction between living and dead, especially as far as saints are concerned. We're being mobbed by a bunch of no-good retirees. Second of all, no one comes back before Jesus. No cutters!

• Locked thread