Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=208978

holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
RichardGamingo

RichardGamingo
Mar 3, 2014
I know it's dumb to sign my posts, but I can't stop no matter how many times I'm told, because I'm really stupid and I want to make sure that shines through in everything I do and say, forever.

Best Regards,
RG

Series DD Funding posted:

Please tell us more about this.

Sure.

Its hard. Its been expensive to travel and to take the hundreds of hours I've poured into working up documents, traveling (I drove from Orlando to Springfield, MA, and back), and I spent about 9 hours in Court all together.

Writing legal documents is sort of like a nightmare, everything has to be micromanaged and defined to the tiniest degree, and it makes it really hard to figure out how to present the sort of message that is really what I want to get across (in my opinion, it is a criminal violation of fiduciary duty that the board of directors has not fired the managers who have sunk the company to this position, and moved so much money from the many retail investors into the few large funds who have insider information (FMR LLC) and persons like myself).

There's so much wrong with how Chapter 11 Bankruptcies are treated. IT is very difficult to get an official voice for Equity shareholders, which would enable them to veto the final exit plan from the bankruptcy -- and at the same time, its always equity security holders who take the biggest hit and often get totally wiped out in said final exit plan.

Right now there are some other people working on the case and I'm personally at a crossroads. I believe I am the only man involved in this case who has the volition, the knowledge, and the skill to carry out the tasks required to prevent this particular leg of the emergent American Corporatocracy from growing out, but frankly, I'm extremely impoverished. I'm running up my credit card now in order to avoid tapping the small amount of capital I have in my brokerage account. Its kind of a lovely story as to how I put my life into this position, but so far, no breaks have come to bail me out.

A bit more about the experience of being in Court, because imo that has been the most interesting thing.

So I don't have any legal training. I'm in Court firing all of my missiles. The Judge stops and reprimands me, the oppositions counselors stand up and object -- I get an explanation from the judge as to how come a given objection is valid, and he says "Objection Sustained" just like the TV shows. (thank God the Judge has to give an explanation as to what was wrong with what I asked the witness(es), it really helped me learn how to get to the information that I want to illicit and actually have the witness answer the question).

All I can think of are some random notes on the experience in that room. The witnesses I questioned were all hired by the very same Managers who ran the Company into the ground while selling off over $40 million in equity claims during 2014. The witnesses were wellgroomed. One worked for Rothschild (financial guy), another a compensation analyst (looked super slick lol). I questioned one of the new members of the Board of Directors (member of the Restructuring Committee), he did not have an answer for my question, "What is the primary obstacle preventing this Bankruptcy from being immediately dismissed?". Well that's all I have for now. You can imagine, all of the fakery that you can imagine in corporate governance, its all real, I believe that Equity Security Holders need to take a close look at these matters and really start to raise hell (and assist those who are raising hell) for the Courts. Fact I learned is that, if there is no one presenting the "other side" of a situation, the motion or the Order requested is nearly always granted.

Best Regards,
RG

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Tell us more. :allears:

Where is the case pending and what is the case number?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
How much freaking money do you have in that where all of that makes any sense to even bother with :psyduck:

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

How much freaking money do you have in that where all of that makes any sense to even bother with

My guess is that he's the one who filed this: http://www.kccllc.net/gtat/document/1411916150203000000000002 ...wherein (whoever it was, I'm guessing RG) figures the company should create a shareholder committee (with a $2 million/month budget) with him in charge, to dig through all of the gross negligence and harlotry and what not.

Edit: I don't really know anything about this other than what I just read, but in any case it made for an entertaining read.

jmzero fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 20, 2015

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

You financial folks will probably enjoy act 2 of this: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/543/wake-up-now

the whole ep's really good but act 2 is about a major shareholder attempting to get a company to lower their ceo's salary

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.

a cop posted:

You financial folks will probably enjoy act 2 of this: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/543/wake-up-now

the whole ep's really good but act 2 is about a major shareholder attempting to get a company to lower their ceo's salary

I don't understand the Board who says, we aren't required to do X as a reason for not doing it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
RG, were you in touch with the people over at the contrarian investor boards? I was on GTAT and lost a few bucks, but some of those people got absolutely annihilated. Good luck out there.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
Was GTAT the company where someone posted a link to their investor/fanboy forums where people were talking about how they lost it all, couldn't look at their wife and kids and such?

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

jmzero posted:

My guess is that he's the one who filed this: http://www.kccllc.net/gtat/document/1411916150203000000000002 ...wherein (whoever it was, I'm guessing RG) figures the company should create a shareholder committee (with a $2 million/month budget) with him in charge, to dig through all of the gross negligence and harlotry and what not.

Edit: I don't really know anything about this other than what I just read, but in any case it made for an entertaining read.

That is indeed him, a website is listed as https://www.richardgamingo.com

I will say, I can't really judge whether its nonsense or not, but I'm impressed at the dedication, and its good to see someone asking questions even if it is legit.

GTAT is a local company, and I haven't heard any grumblings in the news about shady business, but I wouldn't be surprised

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 20, 2015

Blinky2099
May 27, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Out of curiosity I went digging.

http://forum.thecontrarianinvestor.com/index.php?threads/gt-advanced-technologies-inc-gtat.69/page-499

Bottom of page 499 is when they found out trading had been halted, page 501 or 502 is when they announced bankruptcy. Kinda interesting to read.

Blinky2099 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 20, 2015

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Blinky2099 posted:

http://forum.thecontrarianinvestor.com/index.php?threads/gt-advanced-technologies-inc-gtat.69/page-499

Bottom of page 499 is when they found out trading had been halted, page 502 is when they announced bankruptcy. Kinda interesting to read.
That's the one. Talk about a sobering read.

Blinky2099
May 27, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

I have just lost all of my retirement and all of my son's savings. My son has special needs and I have failed him in the biggest way, sorry for posting this but I am totally devastated!!

quote:

Same here I have lost my entire retirement fund! Something should be done about this.

quote:

I think a good portion of people here lost everything. Myself included. So very sorry to hear about the family, but remember it's just paper. God loves you (whether you believe or not). Your family loves you.

...drat. (pg505)

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
RG, were you one one of these people?

"" posted:

I am dead meat. All my money is in GTAT and on my stocks I was doing margin. Since I owe way more than what's in there, I don't know what will happen to margin. Some people were smart, I believed so much in GTAT potential and lost all my savings including my 401K, IRA. At this point, I don't know what to do. I told my wife about this and she was upset and angry at my stupid move. But she still loves me.

"" posted:

I'm not coping well at all. I'm watching 25 years of savings going down the drain. I was stupid enough to have my entire retirement fund invested in this. All I can hope for is to eventually break even if it should ever get back to $5.

"" posted:

May God look after you and your family. My entire family (wife, son and myself) were totally invested in GTAT. We lost everything and I am retired (my life's savings)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Click the history for the mother with the special needs kid.

quote:

I am totally numb. Just got home after working. I saved this money for over 25 years and it is gone in a day. I haven't sold my shares because I just don't know if the shares will be worthless soon or any chance that they may come back. I bought at $18 and 18.25 and have about 4700 shares. This is everything. My retirement and my savings for my son and me. This is so hard for me to take in because my son has special needs and this was for him and his future, especially when I'm not here any longer. He is getting of the bus soon so I need to dry my tears and put on a smile. He is the best son a mother could ever wish for. I just feel and know that I have failed him and trying to figure out what to do. Should I sell now and at least have a couple thousand for us to at least have a few weeks to figure out what to do. I feel for everyone on here who lost. I was advised by someone who I trusted dearly not to sell. My instincts told me otherwise but I put my trust in this individual because I just felt so inept at trading and believed he knew much more than me. I will more than likely have to sell our home and struggle with this only because change is so difficult for my son. I apologize for venting but I am too ashamed to share this with my family or friends. I shared this with the person who advised me to hold and my messages go unanswered. Funny, that's the same response I got when I emailed GTAT's IR over the past few weeks. I truly wish the best for everyone on here who has suffered losses.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Put it on the OP as to why not to try and ride a single stock to the moon

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Wait wait wait, richard gambino is actually serious in his posts, and its not some sort of autistic trolling?

Also, its hard to imagine the mind of someone who manages to accumulate 200K (and a house apparently), and then puts it all into GTAT.

Baddog fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 20, 2015

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Blinky2099 posted:

Bottom of page 499 is when they found out trading had been halted, page 501 or 502 is when they announced bankruptcy. Kinda interesting to read.

God, this makes me feel so good about myself and my savings. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Crazyweasel posted:

Put it on the OP as to why not to try and ride a single stock to the moon

That's a good idea.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Baddog posted:

Wait wait wait, richard gambino is actually serious in his posts, and its not some sort of autistic trolling?

Like I said, it seemed like a lot of effort to put forward just for some really lame joke/troll.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Why isn't the US Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Hampshire participating in the Cameras in Courts pilot program :argh:

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blinky2099 posted:

I should not have read that. Now I am just sad.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

District Selectman posted:

I should not have read that. Now I am just sad.

Who puts their entire retirement/savings/anything into a single stock!? Those can't be real posts.. can they?

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The image of a clearly mentally ill Richard Gamingo arguing his case in court also makes me sad, it's not even funny. I read a Vice article about Randy Quaid, Gary Busey and the guy from Creed being mentally ill and why it's lovely to laugh at them for it, and it made me feel sad, and now this makes me feel sad also. I came here to not be sad and talk about making money :(

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Instead of one stock, put your future in this amazing and diversified fund run by this guy Bernie.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

mlmp08 posted:

Instead of one stock, put your future in this amazing and diversified fund run by this guy Jack

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Oh so this is about the iphone screen furnace company. This is why I only invest in forever stamps.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I'm out of GPRO Feb 20/45 @ 1.5 yesterday, got worked over on that one. I was super foolish to not get out when my money got made back on Tuesday after the lockup. Greed and hubris strike again.

I had taken a straddle out on SCTY at $58, broke even on that which sucks because there was a period of about 5 minutes yesterday when the stock dropped to $52, thought it was gonna keep heading down, but nope.

In on TSLA calls 240/Jun @ 8.7
In on NBL calls 50/Jan 16 @ 5.9
In on GPRO calls 45/Jun @ 6.15 :ssh:

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Here's how that turned out:

quote:

ORDER OF THE COURT

Nature of Proceeding:

Doc# 1182 SECOND MOTION FOR AN OFFICIAL COMMITTEE OF EQUITY SECURITIES HOLDERS filed by T. Richard Faloh

Order:
DENIED. THE MOTION IS A REHASH OF ARGUMENTS MADE AND REJECTED IN THIS COURT'S ORDER OF JANUARY 26, 2015, WITH RESPECT TO DOCKET NOS. 843 AND 1033. THE MOVANT HAS PRESENTED NO CREDIBLE EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT HIS ARGUMENT THAT THERE IS A LIKELY DISTRIBUTION TO EQUITY SECURITY HOLDERS. FURTHERMORE, THE MOVANT'S REQUESTS BETRAY BOTH A FAILURE TO UNDERSTAND BANKRUPTCY LAW AND PROCEDURE AND AN ATTEMPT TO USE THESE PROCEEDINGS FOR SELF- AGGRANDIZEMENT AND PROFIT. FINALLY, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT THE MOVANT'S VIEWS ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE VIEWS OF ANY SUBSTANTIAL PORTION OF THE EQUITY SECURITY HOLDERS.

Unfortunately the January 26 order is a simple denial that refers to the reasons the judge made orally during the hearing...oh to have been in the audience that day...

Hey Richard, can you order a copy of the transcripts from your hearings and post them here please?

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Ahahaha, that's the Richard Gamingo I know and love.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Baddog posted:

Also, its hard to imagine the mind of someone who manages to accumulate 200K (and a house apparently), and then puts it all into GTAT.

I think it's all too common, especially in America. We have a myth of the bootstrapping rich person, our media is full of stories of people who either got very lucky (lottery winners) or who made that one big, super-smart (usually contrarian) decision and then profited enormously by it.

So then someone finds some small corner of the internet, or is found by one of the millions of hucksters out there, who convinces them that they are part of a very small, elite set of people who have been granted Special Knowledge that will enable them to achieve that dream. This is how pyramid schemes get going, this is how people get taken in by MLM schemes, Work From Home And Become A Millionaire! It's especially common for the elderly to be taken advantage of, because on top of the special feeling of having special Contrarian Knowledge, they have probably also worked pretty drat hard all their lives and strongly feel that it's about drat time all that got rewarded with financial security.

Stocks are a great example because TV and movies and even just casual conversation are full of oblique or explicit references to some person who "made it big in the stock market," yet invariably sketchy on the details of exactly how that happened.

I hate to bring it up because it's brought up too much on SA, but it's that good old Dunning-Kruger affect going on there.

A similar but opposite thing sometimes happens if you actually have some idea of what you're doing in the stock market and you talk to someone who doesn't, and they think you're being taken in by a scam and are going to lose all your money. I have talked to people who literally refuse to save for retirement, because they regard all forms of savings beyond cash-in-hand as unacceptably risky. Your money is going to be stolen by the Wall Street Fat Cats, and anyone who dabbles in stocks is going to lose it all, because it's all just a scam. The only ones who make money are the insider Fat Cats, everyone else will lose, you'd be better off buying lottery tickets. Or best of all just spend all your money now, might as well enjoy it and don't worry about the future, YOLO and if you try to invest you'll just lose the money anyway.

The only cure for either side of the equation is education of course, but people of a certain level of intelligence but lack of knowledge have this remarkable ability to "self-educate" through a process of confirmation bias and skewed critical thinking skills into a position where they make extremely risky or foolish decisions that leave other actually-educated people astonished. poo poo like managing to save a hundred thousand dollars, having a disabled dependent, and still plowing all of that money into a single risky thinly-traded highly speculative equity.

It's no wonder at all to me that someone like Richard Gamingo might plow a huge percentage of their life savings into some random company that may or may not be about to get a contract to make parts for a super-popular luxury electronic device, because it ticks all the checkboxes: the follow-on from cultish brand identification, the gambling mentality and wishful thinking of single-stock "investors" dreaming of retiring at age 40 having made a couple million dollars on that one super-amazing stock pick, the sense of superiority that comes from the belief that one has special knowledge, and the foolish belief that one can read and understand highly technical legal documentation without any formal legal training whatsoever.

I find it all too easy to imagine the minds of people like that. I think in some sense they're victims of the failures of American educational systems to give people basic financial literacy, plus the constantly reinforced set of American myths about rags-to-riches, self-reliance, economic mobility, and just-world fallacies.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

A similar but opposite thing sometimes happens if you actually have some idea of what you're doing in the stock market and you talk to someone who doesn't, and they think you're being taken in by a scam and are going to lose all your money. I have talked to people who literally refuse to save for retirement, because they regard all forms of savings beyond cash-in-hand as unacceptably risky. Your money is going to be stolen by the Wall Street Fat Cats, and anyone who dabbles in stocks is going to lose it all, because it's all just a scam. The only ones who make money are the insider Fat Cats, everyone else will lose, you'd be better off buying lottery tickets. Or best of all just spend all your money now, might as well enjoy it and don't worry about the future, YOLO and if you try to invest you'll just lose the money anyway.

You just summarized my brother. There's a reason my will gives everything to his children, he better hope I die before having my own.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Haahaha goddamn it!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701900&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post441778371

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think he's hilarious and I wish the mods would stop probating him.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Leperflesh posted:

I think it's all too common, especially in America. We have a myth of the bootstrapping rich person, our media is full of stories of people who either got very lucky (lottery winners) or who made that one big, super-smart (usually contrarian) decision and then profited enormously by it.

So then someone finds some small corner of the internet, or is found by one of the millions of hucksters out there, who convinces them that they are part of a very small, elite set of people who have been granted Special Knowledge that will enable them to achieve that dream. This is how pyramid schemes get going, this is how people get taken in by MLM schemes, Work From Home And Become A Millionaire! It's especially common for the elderly to be taken advantage of, because on top of the special feeling of having special Contrarian Knowledge, they have probably also worked pretty drat hard all their lives and strongly feel that it's about drat time all that got rewarded with financial security.

That bitcoin exchange site (btc-e) has a message feed and you could see this kind of groupthink nonsense when their fake coins were going down the drain a few months ago. "LTC to the moon!" "This is expected pullback, we're still tracking for $2000/BTC," etc.

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
I'm going to sue the mods for tortious interference with my laugh contract with him.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
Free Richard Gamingo.. People like him are the reason I continue to read this thread.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I want to say Free Gamingo only because his name sounds hip hop. Free my nigga Gamingo

OK its' Childish Gamingo
homegirl drop it like the NASDAQ GTAT

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

I'm looking for wisdom on some unusual things that happened with 4 similar box spreads I purchased a month ago that expired today. The underlying stock was Prosena Holding, symbol RNA. It was announced to be acquired by a different company prior to me buying the box, and the stock was merged/removed from the markets before expiration. I suspect this acquisition is the cause of why the box existed, and the anomalies I'm about to describe.

The boxes:
strikes 13 and 21, 9 contracts. 9.20 credit, -8.00 exercise value , $1080 net
strikes 13 and 22, 8 contracts 10.25 credit, -9.00 exercise value, $1000 net
strikes 13 and 23, 8 contracts 11.25 credit, -10.00 exercise value, $1600 net
strikes 13 and 24, 7 contracts 12.25 credit, -11.00 exercise value $875 net

Commissions and assignment fees totaled $118. So, when I bought it, it looked like I'd net $4555 total from the boxes at expiration.

Where it got weird: Over the first few days I owned them, all the $13.00 calls I sold were assigned, so I ended up short 3200 shares. This doesn't directly affect the overall value, but I was hit with hard-to-borrow fees from my broker, totaling $110.

A few days before the merger went through and the stock disappeared from the market, I got buy-in notices each day of the shares I was short, meaning I was forced to buy back 928 shares at market price. The final stock price set for the acquisition ended up substantially lower (17.75 vs 18.60ish) than what I bought it in for, so I lost $745 there.

Overall, I still netted a good profit, but lost $850 from the fees and buy-in. Why did such unusually-high-valued box spreads exist? Why did the $13 calls I sold get immediately assigned? Why did the short shares they created get bought-in as the acquisition approached? Why was the acquisition price so much lower than the stock's market price the day prior?

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Something is missing there. Can you post the exact trades?