Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Poor Jae lost everything this day

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm sure the right agent could have managed to derail the Love trade, but that probably wouldn't have made Wiggins very popular in Cleveland

On the other hand, "being Andrew Wiggins" probably would have more than offset that negativity.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"Rudy Gay on if having Andre Miller is like having another coach on the floor: 'I think they're the same age so yeah.'"

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

chunkles posted:

Can we talk about Trevor Ariza. Like what's the deal with him and his shooting? He seems like a nice guy. I don't think he's like aww yeah I just got paid now I can go back to loving up all my jumpshots. There must be some deeper astrological explanation, like when all the moons of Jupiter align or whatever he can knock em down but is otherwise useless. The real answer is probably something involving the Rockets lack of spacing. If we could just let the dude camp in the corner and get some transition 3s, maybe he'd be doing alright.

There's pretty much nothing for him to do in the Rockets half court offense except be a spot-up 3-pt shooter, and he's 34% from 3 for his career (slightly below that this year). He hardly ever goes to the rim anymore (He was taking 40+% of his shots from 0-3 ft in LA, and has steadily decreased to 23% now) so he's probably seeing less space to shoot on average, although I don't have any data for how many of his 3s are contested vs. not.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Blind Pineapple posted:

There's pretty much nothing for him to do in the Rockets half court offense except be a spot-up 3-pt shooter, and he's 34% from 3 for his career (slightly below that this year). He hardly ever goes to the rim anymore (He was taking 40+% of his shots from 0-3 ft in LA, and has steadily decreased to 23% now) so he's probably seeing less space to shoot on average, although I don't have any data for how many of his 3s are contested vs. not.

He's badly missing uncontested corner and wing 3s so welp

He also pulled up at 15 feet and badly bricked a jumper on a 2on1 fast break tonight

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This video is better because it has Landry freaking the gently caress out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Jb64IHndU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Andre Drummond absolutely demolished Kirk Hinrich with a dunk that was stupidly a called charge. Don't stand in the way when a 300 pound man is bearing down on you, Kirk. Drummond's knee slammed into Hinrich's chest and absolutely flattened him. I wish I could find a vine.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Igor Strelkov posted:

Andre Drummond absolutely demolished Kirk Hinrich with a dunk that was stupidly a called charge. Don't stand in the way when a 300 pound man is bearing down on you, Kirk. Drummond's knee slammed into Hinrich's chest and absolutely flattened him. I wish I could find a vine.

This? I couldn't find anything else in the play by play that fit your description. Though to be fair this isn't a dunk and is a pretty obvious charge so I guess it doesn't fit either.

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

This video is better because it has Landry freaking the gently caress out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Jb64IHndU

drat Vivek's clapping form is real weird.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Crowder came back though and had a sweet dunk himself!

But yeah, he dead.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 21, 2015

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Blind Pineapple posted:

The thing is, the Rockets offense is predicated on the idea that everyone is a special snowflake. If Harden can jab step and drive to the rim, why not Trevor Ariza, Josh Smith, or even Joey Dorsey? Compound that with the fact that we generally play two bigs who can't shoot, and it's easy to smother the easy corner 3 point shot. Ariza's clearly not a super high IQ offensive player but I wonder how much his numbers are suffering from this vs. him just regressing to his career averages.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 21, 2015

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I really haven't watched enough non Spurs basketball this year but would the Rockets be better off with Parsons? Just for the sake of argument let's slot him into the team in Ariza's place and ignore any salary cap stuff.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

I can't choose between such handsome gentlemen. I'd say it'd be the same tho. What are you getting out of parsons that Ariza can't do? They seem fairly similar to me besides I guess age.

Idk.

Just put in Clutch.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Seems like trading defense for offense to me. We'd be back to last year and people would still be making hurtful Harden matador defense videos.

Stats/dick graph people is there an easy way to determine whether Ariza is taking more 3s away from the corner this year? I looked at heat maps but it's hard to say.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

Seems like trading defense for offense to me. We'd be back to last year and people would still be making hurtful Harden matador defense videos.

Stats/dick graph people is there an easy way to determine whether Ariza is taking more 3s away from the corner this year? I looked at heat maps but it's hard to say.

http://vorped.com/1-nba/2014-2015/player/967/trevor-ariza/shotchart/ Sort by shot freq then Shot Zones/ You can do the same for last year.
I added them up, then took 37.5% from last year which isnt 100% accurate because of injuries etc but it comes out to 128 for this time last year compared to 135 this year.

So he's shooting basically the same amount from the corners.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Well crap, thanks, I guess I'll go back to trying to explain it via astrology.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Huge smelly/sloppy poo poo directly on center court by the Bulls last night.

How this team at full strength (or as close to full strength as they've been this year) manages to get outscored 32-15 in a quarter and lose to an undermanned Pistons team by almost double digits is beyond my understanding.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Ross posted:

How this team at full strength (or as close to full strength as they've been this year) manages to get outscored 32-15 in a quarter and lose to an undermanned Pistons team by almost double digits is beyond my understanding.

I don't know how much you can really take from the first game back after a two-week layoff

Edit:

Not a good look for the NBA

quote:

Discreetly, the Knicks-Cavaliers Sunday matinee was pulled off ABC recently in an unprecedented move.

It was the first time in the network’s 13 years of telecasting Sunday games it has obliterated a basketball window without replacing it with another game, according to industry sources. In place of the 1 p.m. contest will be Oscar programming, according to a source.

In fact, all of the Knicks’ final five games scheduled for national TV quietly have been pulled — vs. the Cavaliers; at the Lakers (March 12, TNT), which had been announced; at the Suns (March 15, TNT); vs. the Clippers (March 25 , ESPN); and vs. the Nets (April 1, NBATV). The Knicks (10-44) had 23 national games on their schedule entering the season and 13 were yanked, including the last 10 appearances.

morestuff fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 21, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bulls have historically been meh after the all-star break under Thibs. I still remember that terrible loss to the Raptors back in the 1st year when Bargs destroyed us. Then we beat the Heat the very next day somehow. They're always rusty.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Am I missing something about why people think Perkins would be such a great pickup for the Cavs or is it just a matter of lol reddit? (http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2wnywe/wojnarowski_cavs_emerge_as_strong_frontrunner_to/)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Even though the Knicks got walloped again I like the way they're playing without Melo. Everyone is running or cutting towards the basket, there's a ton of ball movement, and just a lot of effort shown out there. Too bad no one on the team can shoot or play defense though. Still got high hope that Galloway will turn into a mainstay on the bench once Jackson starts building the team for real over the next 3 or 4 years.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

So It Goes posted:

Am I missing something about why people think Perkins would be such a great pickup for the Cavs or is it just a matter of lol reddit? (http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2wnywe/wojnarowski_cavs_emerge_as_strong_frontrunner_to/)

They need depth at C. Perk would be OK against horford in a playoff series. Mean mugging.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

morestuff posted:

Not a good look for the NBA

Hmm, maybe scheduling Knicks (and Lakers) games for national TV is really loving dumb, NBA

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Lockback posted:

They need depth at C. Perk would be OK against horford in a playoff series. Mean mugging.

No one seemed to care for Perk's value as a C when he was playing for the Thunder except Scott Brooks.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

So It Goes posted:

No one seemed to care for Perk's value as a C when he was playing for the Thunder except Scott Brooks.

He's ok if you don't pay him all that money and don't play him all those minutes.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

cisneros posted:

He's ok if you don't pay him all that money and don't play him all those minutes.

Yeah. Ideally, he would be your fourth big with the ability to play slightly higher minutes if there is a matchup that deems it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

big boi posted:

Hmm, maybe scheduling Knicks (and Lakers) games for national TV is really loving dumb, NBA

ESPN replaced the Knicks-Lakers game on Super Bowl Sunday with celebrity bowling

Next year's scheduling for national games is going to be very interesting

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Pretty ecstatic with how the Raptors have been doing this February so far. They came into it at a low point and I was fearing the worst that they could go on a crazy losing streak, but they've been killing it.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Bango (the Bucks mascot) is assembling a team to troll the Hawks on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/bucksbango/status/569203032992325632

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
*Can we do our 50 least favorite NBA players? That seems like it'd be even more fun and irrational than 50 most favorite. I'm voting Steph Curry and I really have no idea why.

Ross posted:

My takeaways were: Bulls win games by overpowering folks with their crazy Noah-Gasol-Gibson frontcourt. Pistons frontcourt of Drummond and Monroe is one of the only set of bigs you can find that can push them around and they did.

Rose sucks (although not as bad as Dunleavy*). Near the end Butler gave up a turnover on a skip-pass rather than give it to Rose right next to him for an open look from 3. Because Derrick Rose is bad now.

-19, lowest of the game, highest was +19 from new ROTY frontrunner Spencer Dinwiddie. They weren't undermanned at all with Dinwiddie out there. It was sort of like if a teenager's flimsy halfway dirt-stache came on the scene only to be walked all over by a real, fully grown man's mustache.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

EvanTH posted:

I'm voting Steph Curry and I really have no idea why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBbGQed41HE&t=708s

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Just going off that, who do you guys think is the MVP front-runner? Obviously there's a lot of time left in the season, but it looks like it's kind of down to Curry and Harden with the slightest of nods to Curry. Davis is probably having the overall best season of any player in the league but he's on the Pelicans and no one watches them and they aren't in the running and it doesn't seem like he is either. Westbrook and Durant are both playing out of their minds down the stretch but they both missed a ton of games so I don't think they are in the running. Lebron is down slightly from his usual god-like performances.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

EvanTH posted:

*Can we do our 50 least favorite NBA players? That seems like it'd be even more fun and irrational than 50 most favorite. I'm voting Steph Curry and I really have no idea why.

blake and doc rivers for some reason

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The MVP is going to be Curry because the Warriors are the best record in the NBA and there's an actual superstar for sports writers to latch onto, unlike the Spurs in recent years.

The only way Harden wins MVP is if Houston at least takes the 2 seed.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Just going off that, who do you guys think is the MVP front-runner? Obviously there's a lot of time left in the season, but it looks like it's kind of down to Curry and Harden with the slightest of nods to Curry. Davis is probably having the overall best season of any player in the league but he's on the Pelicans and no one watches them and they aren't in the running and it doesn't seem like he is either. Westbrook and Durant are both playing out of their minds down the stretch but they both missed a ton of games so I don't think they are in the running. Lebron is down slightly from his usual god-like performances.

Nobody likes Harden so he would have to be massively outperforming Curry in conventional counting stats to get the award over Curry, I would think.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Sounds like the new Bucks logo will be a darker green, cream and silver. With an angry buck of course that forms an M.

Green makes sense historically and Milwaukee has the nickname Cream City so it makes sense there too. Doesn't sound great but better than the current Christmas uniforms.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jalen Rose dvrs The O'Reilly Factor and his favorite book is "Rich Dad Poor Dad".

This changes my opinion on him

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Barring a GSW collapse I think Curry will absolutely win, for the same reason Derrick Rose won in whatever year that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Libertine posted:

It should be Harden.(if they don't pick the Brow due to team records) I know Golden State is in first but how many games has Dwight missed? If Harden and Curry switched places, the Rockets would probably have a worse record.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 21, 2015

• Locked thread