Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I know it's illegal, I just wish the ref had made an exception for more hilarity.

Apollodorus fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Aside from playing on what appeared to be a freshly plowed turnip farm that was a cracking game of football. And who was that bloke with the charge down at the end? Reckon he'll be able to dine out on that one for a while.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Kalifa Faifai Loa from the Titans charged now too.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Allegedly Greg Bird and Dave Taylor too.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Yeah Bird and Taylor have been served with court notices.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

This just keeps on getting better and better.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Please god let Greg Bird be guilty

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

He'll be right for Origin. NSW conspiracy will see to that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If only conspiracy was a real thing

Don't worry, us people from NSW don't want to have to see Greg Birds face either

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bowmore posted:

Don't worry, us people from NSW don't want to have to see Greg Birds face either

This face?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, and the other ones he pulls

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Auditore posted:

Allegedly Greg Bird and Dave Taylor too.

Smorgasbord posted:

gently caress yes. Gallen last year, Bird this year. Let the good times roll.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

It's going to be awesome photoshopping the Deal With It meme over bird's face if he and Gallen steer NSW to another victory somehow.

Let's not take that as me not thinking they're both cunts, though. They totally are.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The one NSW guy I really hate is Jarryd Hayne but its ok because he has traded up from origin to being hit in the face with a steel chair

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Byolante posted:

The one NSW guy I really hate is Jarryd Hayne but its ok because he has traded up from origin to being hit in the face with a steel chair

Am I missing something or is Jarryd Hayne not in this photo at all :confused:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Smorgasbord posted:

Back row of grey shirts, centre.

Reportedly the list of who was at that tryout was:

Czar Bononi, Daniel Conn, Dene Halatau, Digby Loane, Iszak Taalili, Jarryd Hayne, Malcolm Leaeno, Nigel Vagana, Patrick Willis, Ruy Cataluna

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Smorgasbord posted:

Look closer. He's wearing a a red and white striped shirt, a matching bobble hat, and glasses.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Mole guy from Twitter says its just the tip of the coke stained iceberg.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

bowmore posted:

The Mole guy from Twitter says its just the tip of the coke stained iceberg.

I heard a story that Darren Lockyer might be involved as well.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Smorgasbord posted:

I was going to bring it up, but it turns out it was Albert I was looking at. Close enough, surely?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

a bit late but: gently caress wigan, brisbane and most of all gently caress Greg Bird.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
51 minutes, Souths 30 - 0 St Helens

Just FYI

edit: this is really a hiding, I was not expecting this based on the previous two games but one must remember that St. George-Illawara and Brisbane weren't the 2nd and 3rd place NRL teams.

Apollodorus fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 22, 2015

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Probably watch this match on replay as early monday morning is a tough time to watch football.
That was a weird try to watch live , totally missed the the knock down.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 22, 2015

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

MiniSune posted:

Probably watch this match on replay as early monday morning is a tough time to watch football.
That was a weird try to watch live , totally missed the the knock down.

Not as tough as it is for St. Helens to play, evidently.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
St. Helens are really bad, Souths are really good, or both?

Saints haven't been thrashed like this since last year's loss to Warrington at Langtree Park. Certainly puts the Salford result from last week into perspective.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 22, 2015

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Ilyich posted:

St. Helens are really bad, Souths are really good, or both?

Saints haven't been thrashed like this since last year's loss to Warrington at Langtree Park. Certainly puts the Salford result from last week into perspective.

Saints were shocking. Souths are a fantastic side and were a pleasure to watch (that defence, holy poo poo), but saints are usually much better than they showed here. Some of those lads should be embarrassed.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
The commentary team reckon the Burgess boys can bench 65 kg. On each arm. At the same time.

:stare:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Yeah I heard that. I mean, it's not hard to imagine 130kg total bench since I know that in Union, Will Genia (the sometime Wallabies and Reds scrum-half, who is my size i.e. 1.74m and 85kg) can bench 172kg when he's fit, and the Burgesses are large enough to eat him for dinner.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I didn't think it was possible but Super League commentary might actually be worse than NRL, although admittedly I always mute ray hadley

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

cpaf posted:

I didn't think it was possible but Super League commentary might actually be worse than NRL, although admittedly I always mute ray hadley

I like Ray Hadley, (apparently hes a poo poo human being, I have no idea) the horse racing style appeals to me, and due to Stevo and Eddie I expect no sensible analysis.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

cpaf posted:

Your should hear it when stevo is doing it, Jesus.

Barry McDermott is ace though.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Gorbash posted:

Trip report from Seiffert Oval in beautiful downtown Queanbeyan: based on this it's going to be a long season for the Raiders. Croker went off after 90 seconds or so and didn't return, after a heavy tackle, but they looked uninsipring at best in all facets of the game. Knights fans will be pleased to know that the cutout to Uate still works wonders - I think he picked up three that way.

Also, the "official estimated crowd" was 6350.

Its going to take a long time for the raiders spine to gel. Like even if the ceiling is not very good it will take 10 rounds or so to get there.

Still I think the side is better this year than last. Its just not very strong praise.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Its going to take a long time for the raiders spine to gel. Like even if the ceiling is not very good it will take 10 rounds or so to get there.

Still I think the side is better this year than last. Its just not very strong praise.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hearing Andrew Symonds name being thrown around in connection to the drugs story.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So we've had AFL, NRL, Super Rugby and cricket. All we need is A-League and the NBL, and we've got all the top male ball sport leagues in Australia covered. 4 down, 2 to go.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I am staunchly anti-drugs and I think recreational drugs are stupid. Having said that, even I can see that this is a media beat-up. They're not trafficking drugs; they've bought it for themselves and a few mates. I love stories about stupid league players doing stupid things but this isn't a good example.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Where are you getting that from Mills?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Just hear lots of league rumours. People at work, etc. I think I'm 95% accurate if you go through the things I post.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's a media beat up because it's big news, these guys are (however hosed up this is) role models and they have big money contracts that probably say "DO NOT DO DRUGS, DO NOT SELL DRUGS" also Bird was on his last warning already. They are dickheads and the media love to tell people about dickheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

BCR posted:

Where are you getting that from Mills?

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/feb/23/elite-players-mired-in-queensland-drugs-scandal-linked-by-sole-accused-dealer

Key quotes are:

quote:

The CCC has publicly said the charges against Hunt and the Titans players related to alleged supply of cocaine “for personal use or to on-supply cocaine to friends and colleagues” between June and December last year.

Investigators will allege the amounts sought by them typically were in the realm of one ounce.

If that's true then yeah it's just personal/party use and not dealing.

• Locked thread