Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Back to the subject of clapped out oil burning civics. Had some stupid broad in front of me stinkeye my when I laid on the horn at her because she was weaving around while texting.

Also, a big fan of the "tunerz" that leave their rimz on the back of the car but put on winters only in the front.

"As long as I can get traction from a standstill I'm good, rite guyz?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A line of thinking that works until they tap the brakes on anything other than dry pavement.

But on the other hand they'll probably think it's awesome how fast they can do a 180.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

veedubfreak posted:

Also, a big fan of the "tunerz" that leave their rimz on the back of the car but put on winters only in the front.

I think you're giving these guys too much credit, more likely they're the balding summer tires left over from before they pimped their ride, and their :effort: at only replacing the ones that got bent from a chuckhole. Rimmmzzz and lo-profile rubberband tires might work in LA or Miami, but they can't handle more than a few months of the roads up here before getting bent to poo poo.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

Back to the subject of clapped out oil burning civics. Had some stupid broad in front of me stinkeye my when I laid on the horn at her because she was weaving around while texting.

"As long as I can get traction from a standstill I'm good, rite guyz?"

I still remember the last time the roads were iced on a work day:

:v: The roads sure suck today.
:classiclol: Snow doesn't bother my Subura one bit, it has all wheel drive!
:v: But what about stopping?
:classiclol: It has all wheel brakes too dumbass!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

Don't you mean all wheel skid? :smug:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

*flies off the onramp from kellogg to 135*

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Crotch Fruit posted:

Well, they're not technically wrong

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That's worse than the typical subaru fanboy response that they get engine braking at all 4 wheels instead of 2, as if that's going to make any difference on all seasons.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
We're supposed to get anywhere from 12-18" inches this weekend. Thank god I'll be cozy and warm in my house with a bottle of rum and a case of beer. Even if the snow stops by Monday, it's still going to be a nightmare come Monday morning.

Out here there only seem to be 3 types of drivers. People on lovely tires that drive 10mph at the first sight of a flake, SUV douches that drive 70+ because they have AWD and end up in the ditch, and people that have seen snow before and buy proper tires.

Last time we had a good snow storm, as I was getting on the freeway a Cadillac goes flying past me, gets sideways then goes straight in to the guardrail. Had I been on lovely tires I'd have gone headlong into him. Instead I was able to actually turn and continue on my way. Of course this happened like 2 weeks before I got my dash cam :(

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
We're looking at around 5-7" I think. I'm going to try to finish everything outside my house I need to do tomorrow as early as possible so I don't have to get stupid poo poo on dashcam.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sorry for linking an image full of text, but that's all I was sent. And it's worth reading.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Motronic posted:

Sorry for linking an image full of text, but that's all I was sent. And it's worth reading.

Is it supposed to be a car with all the worst bits of each manufacturer? I know about the takata recall thing and notorious bmw cooling, but I don't recognize the rest.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Is it supposed to be a car with all the worst bits of each manufacturer? I know about the takata recall thing and notorious bmw cooling, but I don't recognize the rest.

Yes, every last one of those "features" are hilariously accurate conspicuous recent mistakes of the respective manufacturers.

The Toyota frames were rusting so badly they had to be replaced under warranty on Tacomas. Ford decided pitman arms didn't need to be greased and nearly had to do a recall from '97+ on F150s and Expeditions. Instead they released a part revision with a grease fitting and told the owners to go f themselves and pay up, etc, etc.......

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The caption on Imgur was "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now Git r Done".

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Needs a honda transmission(E; for auto cvt, or VW/ford for dct), Japanese and German collaboration of vacuum lines for emissions and door locks, and 90s self degrading european wiring insulation.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 21, 2015

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Motronic posted:

Yes, every last one of those "features" are hilariously accurate conspicuous recent mistakes of the respective manufacturers.

The Toyota frames were rusting so badly they had to be replaced under warranty on Tacomas. Ford decided pitman arms didn't need to be greased and nearly had to do a recall from '97+ on F150s and Expeditions. Instead they released a part revision with a grease fitting and told the owners to go f themselves and pay up, etc, etc.......

Can confirm; the driver's side handle on my Tercel broke off yesterday and all the ones at the wrecker have already been taken :negative:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

The caption on Imgur was "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now Git r Done".

As much as I like ragging on the stupidity of overlifted trucks, this guy at least has the proper setup versus a mall crawler.

However, any fiance that would accept this as the place to get hitched....

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

CommieGIR posted:

As much as I like ragging on the stupidity of overlifted trucks, this guy at least has the proper setup versus a mall crawler.

You say that right up until we get the close-up shots and find pot-metal bolts holding the struts onto the frame and axles.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CommieGIR posted:

... is perfect for him?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

CommieGIR posted:

... Is maybe the one that suggested it?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

GutBomb posted:

... Is maybe the one that suggested it?

Nah, people can't enjoy different things.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Fucknag posted:

You say that right up until we get the close-up shots and find pot-metal bolts holding the struts onto the frame and axles.

Well, obviously we can't see that level detail.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

CommieGIR posted:

It's a mudding truck. I wouldn't assume anything on it is properly done, given the usual mud truck setup process:

1. Steal as much scaffolding as you can fit in the bed
2. Weld to frame.
3. Buy 4' tires
4. FULL SPEED PUDDLE ATTACK

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
He couldn't at least wear a camo tuxedo?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Those droop-limiting chains look pretty sketchy.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
gently caress the haters, that poo poo is adorable

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

re: PT chat, one of my coworkers wife had not one, not two, but THREE PT cruisers :psyduck: . Consecutively. Over the course of 12 years. A normal gutless one, then a hi-po turbo, then her knees got too bad for the clutch, so she chopped it in for an automatic turbo.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

CommieGIR posted:

Dude, those control arm angles are somewhere between "ignorant" and "abysmal". Even with his ridiculous banjofucker mud truck subframe that wastes every bit of the ridiculous chassis clearance they get by lifting them a couple feet too much.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

veedubfreak posted:

Last time we had a good snow storm, as I was getting on the freeway a Cadillac goes flying past me, gets sideways then goes straight in to the guardrail. Had I been on lovely tires I'd have gone headlong into him. Instead I was able to actually turn and continue on my way. Of course this happened like 2 weeks before I got my dash cam :(

First snow storm of the year here happened on a Saturday and I had to go to a client site to help boot up their equipment after a power outage - roads were poo poo, we only got a foot or so of snow but the plows hadn't been out. I puttered to the client office in my 2WD Malibu and hooned through some snow to get there, and on the way back had some jackass in an older model Tahoe was riding my rear end for a few blocks. He eventually sped around me, hauled rear end up the next hill and out of sight...until I crested and saw that he spun out and hit a power pole. Felt good to wave out the window at him a few seconds after :)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Do you ever wonder how the man who drives the snow plow, gets to the snow plow?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Geirskogul posted:

A smaller snow plow, obviously.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

T1g4h posted:

A smaller snow plow, obviously.

It's plows all the way down.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Geirskogul posted:

You walk to it through the snow and start plowing.

(It's best if you leave it facing out so you can plow outward instead of having to back up through a couple feet of snow if it is a big storm...)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcckOTVqao

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Not actually terrible but relevant.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Throatwarbler posted:

Pig Pen, when I want advice about a good Planet of the Apes film or maybe how to get the resin out of my bong I'll come to you ok? But I am not gonna take romantic advice from somebody who cannot spell romantic or advice... or bong.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Boomerjinks posted:

Pig Pen, when I want advice about a good Planet of the Apes film or maybe how to get the resin out of my bong I'll come to you ok? But I am not gonna take romantic advice from somebody who cannot spell romantic or advice... or bong.

Wrong thread?

Content:

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 23, 2015

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of those horrible eyelash things,

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Das Volk posted:

Speaking of those horrible eyelash things,

I kinda wish I still lived in Atlanta so I could stick a pair of those hideous things on my mom's car. I think she'd get a kick out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Throatwarbler posted:

This is so great.