Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah using this link: http://www.wadejobkar.com/feed/ in my app fixed the problem and got me the 23 episodes I'd missed. Except now the podcast is titled "Wade's Podcasts and Junk".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
So far so good, I guess. I'm gonna miss the dancing and the announcer isn't nearly as energizing, but at least they're trying to mix it up a bit. Though that dumping on Pink came out of nowhere.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

greatn posted:

Yeah using this link: http://www.wadejobkar.com/feed/ in my app fixed the problem and got me the 23 episodes I'd missed. Except now the podcast is titled "Wade's Podcasts and Junk".

That I know I can fix. :v:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Liar Lyre posted:

That I know I can fix. :v:

We have finally found something you can do.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Agent Rush posted:

So far so good, I guess. I'm gonna miss the dancing and the announcer isn't nearly as energizing, but at least they're trying to mix it up a bit. Though that dumping on Pink came out of nowhere.

Personal theory is that its do with Morgan herself, rather than Shelby not lacking virtuous traits. Because given that it was in a box on the goddamn truck, they had probably already found the pink energem, but despite everything she's (presumably) done so far in order to aid Keeper, the gem went to Shelby instead. So she's frustrated that someone 'less deserving' has benefited from all her hard work, whilst she's currently got nothing, in terms of spandex and superpowers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Astro Nut posted:

Personal theory is that its do with Morgan herself, rather than Shelby not lacking virtuous traits. Because given that it was in a box on the goddamn truck, they had probably already found the pink energem, but despite everything she's (presumably) done so far in order to aid Keeper, the gem went to Shelby instead. So she's frustrated that someone 'less deserving' has benefited from all her hard work, whilst she's currently got nothing, in terms of spandex and superpowers.

I like this. I like this a lot. I hope at some point she admits it and it goes
"You're just a waitress and get to be a power ranger, it's not fair!"
"Whoopiedoo I get almost destroyed once or twice a week you have a good job at a career you enjoy!"

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Kinda out-there question: Most actors and actresses who star in Power Rangers don't generally go on to anything else. There's a lot of reasons for that, which everyone knows, but I'm curious: is there a similar stigma/Type-Of-Actor-Source-Pool with Sentai?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

MisterBibs posted:

Kinda out-there question: Most actors and actresses who star in Power Rangers don't generally go on to anything else. There's a lot of reasons for that, which everyone knows, but I'm curious: is there a similar stigma/Type-Of-Actor-Source-Pool with Sentai?

Nope. Most of them just can't cut it in actual serious television and such, or they simply aren't typically looking for American shows or even acting roles. Sometimes you seem them in bit parts though. Like Galaxy yellow had a couple appearances on Two and A Half Men a few years ago. David Yost (MMPR Blue) does production work on a few Adult Swim live action shows, Johnny Bosch (MMPR Black, Zeo green) does a shitload of voice work for anime and video games. Stuff like that.

Edit: Jason David Frank, the original Green Ranger, still does work for the franchise as you probably know. But he also owns a handful of successful businesses and hits the convention circuit year round.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 17, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think several end up at theater and stuff. MMPR Pink has a few albums and was in a recent american tv show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Amy Jo Johnson and Johnny Bosch are probably the most successful in terms of regular work, but Lightspeed Blue was a regular on CSI, I believe, and Jungle Fury Yellow was in Cabin In The Woods, according to my buddy who saw both.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Pretty sure the guy who was Eric still does regular stunt work.

He was asking about sentai people though. Are they in other stuff in Japan or relegated only to toku.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

greatn posted:

Pretty sure the guy who was Eric still does regular stunt work.

He was asking about sentai people though. Are they in other stuff in Japan or relegated only to toku.

MagiYellow had a successful career as an engineer. :v:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Toku is a lot, lot bigger in Japan, so even if an actor is relegated only to toku, that's not quite as one note because they're constantly being in other toku shows in different roles.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
SPD Red's a main cast member of Graceland.
Jungle Fury Violet is the voice of Vergil in the new DmC, following in Eric's footsteps from DMC3.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
ShinkenRed is apparently a pretty big actor in Japan right now. He's gonna be one of the lead roles in a remake of Japan's Longest Day this year.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's Japan's longest day, the day Hiroshima was bombed?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I think a bunch of the Aussie and Kiwi actors are in shows over there that the US is unlikely to see.

On that note Rose McIver, RPM Yellow, is the lead of a new CW show, iZombie. She's had a lot of roles in Hollywood recently like Masters of Sex and Tinker Bell on Once Upon A Time.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

Yeah, this. I was curious if the Worked In Power Rangers bubble was as defined and strong as the Worked In Sentai bubble, or even if such a bubble exists.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Maybe I missed it, was it ever explained why Right ran off into the darkness when it first consumed their hometown?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

What's Japan's longest day, the day Hiroshima was bombed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan%27s_Longest_Day

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

SpazmasterX posted:

Like Galaxy yellow had a couple appearances on Two and A Half Men a few years ago.

I'm guessing you've never seen Not Another Teen Movie if that's what you remember her from.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Raserys posted:

Maybe I missed it, was it ever explained why Right ran off into the darkness when it first consumed their hometown?

Because he's a loving idiot BRAVE!!!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Because he's a loving idiot BRAVE!!!
But he isn't a Kyoruyger? :shepface:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I though he was dragged off into the darkness more or less against his will by Zed and that's why he woke up on a darkliner

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Since 90% of the Podcasters with Attitude listeners are here, I'll just announce my iTunes problems here. I was using FeedBurner, but now I realize FeedBurner sucks so I'm gonna try to migrate everything to my own Wordpress using Blubrry. Hopefully I'll get something done soon and then I can make a real website and then we will look professional after 2 years of this poo poo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah even though if I read your RSS file I see the latest two episodes, I think there's some error in it preventing podcast programs from getting them. At least when I view it in chrome it's saying there's an error.

Did you know Trakeena married Damon by the way?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Geez, tag those spoilers! :v:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Zedd posted:

But he isn't a Kyoruyger? :shepface:

I'm going to refer you to Gabutrain and ask you to use your Imaginaaaaaation, sir.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So, we are three for three on good episodes out of the series so far.

Called it for certain on Sledge offering freedom in exchange for fighting the Rangers, but I didn't expect him to actually fight himself. Also the Rangers being basically immortal (whether or not that's limited to natural causes, we'll have to see) is also an interesting element to play with, and I imagine its their workaround for the extra rangers in the sentai being spirits.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The whole being immortal demigods got a pretty big :stare: from me, mostly from how casual they were about it.

Sledge continues to be awesome, him and crew simply being stuck in deep space for 65 million years until a comet came by close enough for them to hitch a ride was amazing, specially with his answer to Fury not doing anything of note those years. Sledge was right to be angry at him. Love that on top of his fun characteristics from before we can add that he's too old for this poo poo now.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
My non PR nitpicky friend who I've been trying to convert said that the whole Energems granting eternal youth thing basically means they can't have any reunions in the future because they'll be older, assuming the Energems survive the seasons

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Solaris Knight posted:

My non PR nitpicky friend who I've been trying to convert said that the whole Energems granting eternal youth thing basically means they can't have any reunions in the future because they'll be older, assuming the Energems survive the seasons

It also means Kota pretty much spent the last 20 years sitting on his rear end, refusing to lift a finger to help.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SKY COQ posted:

It also means Kota pretty much spent the last 20 years sitting on his rear end, refusing to lift a finger to help.

He's been in a cave dreaming of sabertooth tiger meat, what do you expect.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

SKY COQ posted:

He was too busy watching Super Sentai to help.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I just caught up on Dino Charge. They removed Luckiero, 0/10.

Seriously though, the series is remarkably not awful. They even kept in some of the catchphrases!

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 23, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Solaris Knight posted:

I'm pretty sure the show won't end with ten or so teenagers with attitude being immortal demigods that will outlive everyone they cherish, they'll lose (most of?) their powers by the end of the season.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Seriously though, the series is remarkably not awful. They even kept in some of the catchphrases!

I'm sad about that as well. It wouldn't be too hard to write him in as Sledge and Poisandra's child or something, but I guess they just don't want to find someone short enough to fit in the costume.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm sad about that as well. It wouldn't be too hard to write him in as Sledge and Poisandra's child or something, but I guess they just don't want to find someone short enough to fit in the costume.

No, gently caress that character.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Some Numbers posted:

Going by the merchandise Luckiero is probably going to pop in later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I still miss Torin and the dancing/samba, but Dino Charge is going surprisingly well so far. I also like that the team is airing out conflicts, even though Tyler didn't really have anything to apologize for this time.