Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
For anyone who actually wants to grind the Supercard PPC or what ever its called event.

If you draw a title match card use it, you then get unlimited title matches after that so for the people who want to grind to the top get at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Evolved Daniel Bryan is something

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

VoLaTiLe posted:

For anyone who actually wants to grind the Supercard PPC or what ever its called event.

If you draw a title match card use it, you then get unlimited title matches after that so for the people who want to grind to the top get at it.

I think I know what you're talking about and while it looked like that was the case, for me it wasn't actually giving me double points, it just displayed the flaming +10 thing after matches while only incrementing my point total by 5. Some sort of bug, I think.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Gold Orton stuns and poisons with his light chain finisher and poisons on the third hit of his heavy chain, he's gonna be real good at high levels

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

VoLaTiLe posted:

It's just a UI glitch; if you watch your actual score it doesn't go up by the doubled point amount.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Immortals is walking on thin ice because they release a Randy Orton character and somehow he's one of the few characters wearing pants.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Daniel Bryan posted:

Evolved Daniel Bryan is something

Wait, so there are two different Gold Bryans now?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jonny Angel posted:

Immortals is walking on thin ice because they release a Randy Orton character and somehow he's one of the few characters wearing pants.

There should be a Corporate Kane with a top hat, monocle, and trousers always ready to engage in some fisticuffs.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

I think I know what you're talking about and while it looked like that was the case, for me it wasn't actually giving me double points, it just displayed the flaming +10 thing after matches while only incrementing my point total by 5. Some sort of bug, I think.

Yeah I got excited a few days ago, thinking I got some sweet bug.

Edit: In TEW, does anyone else tweak the product ratings when you're a smaller company to favour workrate more than popularity? I feel like it's the only fair way to get decent ratings, otherwise people want superstars that you just can't get.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 21, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Wait, so there are two different Gold Bryans now?

Yes. There's also a gold Randy (also Evolved) who's showing up in fights but isn't available to get yet, and is probably the next of these challenges.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm just surprised because it doesn't make sense to have two versions of the same tier character. For example, they could have made it for a Gold Rock considering there's only a Silver version.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

TheJoker138 posted:

Yes. There's also a gold Randy (also Evolved) who's showing up in fights but isn't available to get yet, and is probably the next of these challenges.

Gold Randy's available right now if you purchase a $9.99 starter pack featuring him, Silver Rock, and some credits. Hopefully he's made available through other means eventually, because this game has been really good so far about not having a paywall.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
When does the Warrior DLC drop?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

triplexpac posted:

Edit: In TEW, does anyone else tweak the product ratings when you're a smaller company to favour workrate more than popularity? I feel like it's the only fair way to get decent ratings, otherwise people want superstars that you just can't get.

I try to do it for any size of a company!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like the next wrestler to be released in Immortals is Stone Cold, since I just got an upgrade for his level 2 move from a Bronze pack. His icon is the word WHAT? in light blue over a black circle. I approve.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Gold Randy can also be pulled from gold packs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I got excited a few days ago, thinking I got some sweet bug.

If I'm working a mid sized company like TNA or ROH I tweak the product so it's 50/50. I find that lets me put on my awesome matches with midcarders and they actually get solid ratings and get some overness but it's still my main eventers I have to put on the top of the show. And in the mid I use TNA doesn't have any serious main eventers besides Angle, Hardy, and maybe Bully Ray so it's all about building up the AJs, Joes, and Roode's while boosting the midcarders to that level.

If I was working a smaller company with no real over talent? Yeah, I might go the whole way and make it more about work rate. But I find that tends to negatively affect the non wrestling stuff I like to mix in or hurt my changes of building up something like a women's division. Even at a lower level I'd probably stick to 50/50 as long as I was seeing consistent popularity/overness gains.

Because the mental block you always need to get past in TEW is that "solid ratings" is a relative term and a C is very solid fi your numbers are in the Ds.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This is Evolved Orton and I kind of don't get his theme unless its Bane related. Are Kane and Rock the only guys without 2nd characters?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Again, Pants. Why? They've ignored Randy Orton's quintessential character.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
"Evolved" seems like it's their way to denote superheroes, and when Orton is a face he's a broody anti-hero face, so his Evolved version is a broody superhero with venom powers and a hoodie. It all checks out, except for the part where he's wearing loving pants. Unacceptable.

Two questions about him from a gameplay perspective:

1) What's his passive do?
2) How's his basic combo feel, on a scale from Brock (incredibly fast, crisp, and chainable, with like a 99% stunlock) to Undertaker (uuuuugh)?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

KungFu Grip posted:

This is Evolved Orton and I kind of don't get his theme unless its Bane related. Are Kane and Rock the only guys without 2nd characters?

Randy told AJ Styles' jacket and the Shield's pants.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm kind of upset they have so many unique themes, and then just Evolved Superhero Man for 3 golds at this point.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, it's kinda disappointing since the temp name I saw when I encountered a glitched CyBrock was "Age of Orton". Alright, I can work with that. "Age of ______" + Legend Killer = time traveling contract killer / trophy hunter. Can I have that please

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I'm at least glad we got Goat Warrior Daniel Bryan before getting dat superhero D-bry. I'm still waiting for Bray Wyatt tho.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Onmi posted:

Again, Pants. Why? They've ignored Randy Orton's quintessential character.
Every time I hear that, I keep thinking back to this one Twisted Toyfare Theatre comic where The Thing tells Silver Surfer he's not talking to him to he puts some pants on and when he does, Galactus sees him and says "Pants?! I didn't remove your genitalia so you could wear pants!"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Won a KOTR today and pulled a straight up pair of Survivor Hollywood Hulk Hogans :toot:

Reaaaaally wish they'd raise that card number cap, fusions are making me want to save my spare SR/UR/Epics/legendaries and I'm at a minimum of 115/120 right now

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

KungFu Grip posted:

Looks like Evolved Orton got the look Solomon Crowe should've had in the real world.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Did they boost Gold Undertaker's passive? He's supposed to get a 25% damage boost for every enemy knocked out, but now a hard strike hits for 619 with no KOs, 1005 with 1 KO and 1392 with 2. That's a hell of a lot more than 25%, and it's more than he was doing pre-patch.

I wish their updates had actual changelogs instead of just wrestling catchphrases.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Won a KOTR today and pulled a straight up pair of Survivor Hollywood Hulk Hogans :toot:

Reaaaaally wish they'd raise that card number cap, fusions are making me want to save my spare SR/UR/Epics/legendaries and I'm at a minimum of 115/120 right now

I feel your pain, brother. I had JUST decided that I'm never going to fill out the card catalog, so I can use the UR's and Epics I've piled up for training, but now my packrat tendencies have me sit on them to make fusions at the rate of one new Survivor a week. I am broken mentally.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
There's a Steve Austin character coming in Immortals. I got a boost for his level 1 signature 'Rattlesnake arms"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

a picture of the Immortals Steve Austin character leaked

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Erebus posted:

Did they boost Gold Undertaker's passive? He's supposed to get a 25% damage boost for every enemy knocked out, but now a hard strike hits for 619 with no KOs, 1005 with 1 KO and 1392 with 2. That's a hell of a lot more than 25%, and it's more than he was doing pre-patch.

I wish their updates had actual changelogs instead of just wrestling catchphrases.

I think it's up to 50%/100%, which is nice but he's still a poo poo character.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Nightmare Tier 5 Evolved Bryan is a Shuffle, Miasma, No Finishers fight against a ~35k/136k Evolved Bryan. Not too hard if you have Show and No! Bryan at a decent tier with good ranks in their level 2 moves (and max No! Bryan's headbutt anyway, it's bugged and does insane damage.)

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Tier 5? There are only 4 tiers of the challenge, no?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Jonny Angel posted:

Tier 5? There are only 4 tiers of the challenge, no?

The boss at the end of the fifth ladder that needs HHH on the team.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Ah, of course. I completely missed the word "Nightmare" in your post.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here's the two upcoming Austin cards. Rattlesnake Arms is a little boring, but Stone Cold is amazingly literal.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

chilly mcfreeze lives!

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Uhh, that upgrade card art is not PG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, Bryan's signature equipment adds a 20% self-heal to his headbutt. He's even stronger now.