Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
Quality choking again by the South Africans for this group game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This keys to success poo poo is worse than wasp.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Don't forget to watch Scotland beat England tomorrow boys.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I sometimes get the impression that most of the people in this thread have no idea what choke actually means and just use it because they've seen others say it in the past.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

serious gaylord posted:

I sometimes get the impression that most of the people in this thread have no idea what choke actually means and just use it because they've seen others say it in the past.

Ideally it's to be used when Lance Klusener bludgeons two fours then runs himself out.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I mean a choke is managing to lose from a position of almost certain victory. Being completely dominated throughout the game isnt that.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

People were yelling choke about a quarter into india's innings, and then india were choking after putting on 300 and then SA choked about 12 more times before the end of the game.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Just got back from the ground. Insane atmosphere. 86000 fans who all just seemed to love the gently caress out of cricket. Faf du Plessis's 2000th ODI run got as big a cheer as any boundary or wicket. When de Villiers got run out I thought the stadium was going to collapse though.

gabensraum posted:

Apparently a big thunderstorm will hit Melb. Looking forward to another edition of SA vs Duckworth-Lewis.
I'm interested to know what happened with this, I could see heaps of lightning, the sky went dark and it got hella muggy but it never really looked like raining.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

serious gaylord posted:

I mean a choke is managing to lose from a position of almost certain victory. Being completely dominated throughout the game isnt that.

I feel South Africa conceding a century to Dhawan, losing by 140 runs to India and being bowled out in 40 overs by a complete scrub attack falls within the broader definition of South Africa world cup fail chokes.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

I feel South Africa conceding a century to Dhawan, losing by 140 runs to India and being bowled out in 40 overs by a complete scrub attack falls within the broader definition of South Africa world cup fail chokes.

Except it's not because SA could go on to win the world cup from here.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Knuc U Kinte posted:

No it isn't. At least the keys to success is based on some statistical analysis

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Also I never thought South Africa should realistically be considered favourites for the World Cup and nothing I saw tonight changed my mind. Parnell batting at 7 and conceding 9 runs an over pretty much sums up 100% my concerns with them - they don't have enough depth. Their frontline players are as good as they get but once you crack the top few batsmen or see off the main quicks they look wafer thin.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Mister Chief posted:

Don't forget to watch Scotland beat England tomorrow boys.

I'm gonna be watching the hell out of that. :getin:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Eoin Morgan's sleeper phase is coming to a close. Soon, soon he will put the final nail in the coffin of the English cricket team.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Love 2 wake up to another easy victory for India

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Shmoses posted:

Just got back from the ground. Insane atmosphere. 86000 fans who all just seemed to love the gently caress out of cricket. Faf du Plessis's 2000th ODI run got as big a cheer as any boundary or wicket. When de Villiers got run out I thought the stadium was going to collapse though.

I'm interested to know what happened with this, I could see heaps of lightning, the sky went dark and it got hella muggy but it never really looked like raining.
I had a look at the radar at the time and there was a lot of stuff brewing up around Werribee and the You Yangs but it was all heading SE across the bay rather than over the city.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I've just realised that the key to England's failure is Moeen Ali negatively affect their WASP score

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

There'll be absolute carnage in sackings from top to bottom in the ECB if England lose to Scotland

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd hope they wouldn't have to be sacked.

They would, obviously, but it would be nice.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
nah, they'd blame it all on joe root if past record is anything to go by

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
There is zero chance that Downton or the selectors go if England lose this. Accountability is not their strong point.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
India's bowling is trash. The one thing they have going for them is they don't wilt on the big occasions which I feel SA did last night.

All their wickets were gifts and mentally weak poo poo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel Richie posted:

There'll be absolute carnage in sackings from top to bottom in the ECB if England lose to Scotland

I want scotland to win tbh just to get rid of the mountain of pointless people there are in the ECB.

Of course what would actually happen is a 2 year long enquiry that results in yet another coach.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

nah they'd bring back andy flower

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Scotland won the toss and gonna have a bowl.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Holy gently caress that attempted handshake.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Holy gently caress that attempted handshake.

So bad.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I can feel it. Tonight is our night.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

England has not had a hilarious capitulation in the first few overs. Looks like they have this one quite comfortably.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
England will win and all the dead weight will "justify" their existence like they always do.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Scotland aren't helping themselves here. Very loose.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

England and Scotland both choking so hard right now

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
ENGLAND SUCK!

YOU ALL SUCK!

O'DOYLE RULES!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It's good to see England making runs against cricketing powerhouse Scotland

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

You Am I posted:

It's good to see England making runs against cricketing powerhouse Scotland

Well, Moeen at any rate.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

This is looking ominous for Scotland, a composed 12 off 23 so far for Ian 'the Hammer of the Scots' Bell.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Majid here to take ten and save the day

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
This is painful batting to watch from Bell.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

This is pretty tedious to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Scotland are bowling absolute dross yet Bell and even Ali don't want to have a go. 109-0 and still defensive.