Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

gang sines posted:

18) Filthy Monkey vs Archenteron

Filthy Monkey gets it 2-1

G1: I drop a T2 chalice for 1. Against a Dredge deck whose list I can see :downs:. He drops two LED the turn after and rolls me over with zombies and ichorids.

G2: I drop T1 Thalia, Quote the Monkey: "Not the hate I was expecting", T2 RIP. RIP gets Natures Claimed. I beat him up with soldiers. Thalia prevents him from going off with 1 life left since he can't Cabal/Dread Return with a City of Brass.

G3: T1 Cabal sees two Thalias. T2 Cabal eats them. T3 I draw a RIP... and realize it's still the middle of his turn (Cockatrice and exhaustion). I shuffle it into my deck. T3 Actual I dont draw a RIP. T4 he dredges, narcos, bridges, cabals my hand away. I don't topdeck RIP.

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

18) Filthy Monkey vs Archenteron

I won 2-1. Won the first game square. Lost the second to Thalia, even after nature's claiming a RIP. Won the third due to my opponent jumping the gun on a turn where he would have drawn RiP and eaten me. He was a good sport about it though, and shuffled it away. I tip my fedora to you goon sir.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
After some technical difficulties PhyrexianLibrarian takes it 2-1 off of a completely rude Toxic Deluge. All I needed was two combat phases :negative: Well fought.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

C-Euro posted:

After some technical difficulties PhyrexianLibrarian takes it 2-1 off of a completely rude Toxic Deluge. All I needed was two combat phases :negative: Well fought.

Yeah, that was pretty rude, but after the T1 Thalia and T2 Chalice on 1, I can only feel a little bit bad.

Edit: Video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1j6hetacJY

PhyrexianLibrarian fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Feb 20, 2015

lonequid
Sep 26, 2004

Last fighter of the Euro Conversion Resistance League
After a long fight, I was defeated 0-2 by "bye."

I'll take my round loss, please.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

LGD I sent you a PM a few days ago. You still around?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Took it 2-0 against Chewy, please let my future round opps also have their deck on MTGO. Makes games much more tolerable :).

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Beat Jabor 2-1 in 3 extremely non-interactive games. Got poisoned very quickly in game 1 and then he had two mana screwed games where I attacked with 1/1s to win. #whitelisted

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Procrastinator beat me 2-1. Game 1 I was on the draw, but still got the combo a turn faster with Invigorate+Vines+Heirarch in play on a Blighted Agent. Game 2 was pretty interactive, but I ran out of mana before he did (thanks to Therapy taking my Vines, followed by Abrupt Decay on my Heirarch) and don't draw another land in time. Game 3 I mull to 6, keep a hand with forces and Invigorate and Inkmoth Nexus, still don't find a second land.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i lost to TheLawinator 1-2

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

gang sines posted:

i lost to TheLawinator 1-2

Those were some of the most tense games I've played. GGs for real.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
yeah ggs!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I just lost to Toshimo 2-1.

Punted so hard in that last game. That was fun though.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Hobojim posted:

Alright then, let me know when you're okay to play. I'm pretty flexible.

I'll have to drop out of this unfortunately, I won't really have time to play for an unforeseeable future. Sorry.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

LordSaturn posted:

It looks like you've been skipping out of the last two rounds? You might actually be as bad as McMagic. PM me if you're actually going to play.

If Pontius Pilate doesn't show up and ask for an extension before the deadline, please consider dropping him. Keeping these guys in the bracket is just dumping byes into the system.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
yeah pontius is in drop danger

netcat do you just need to concede this round or drop from the tourney?

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Still haven't gotten a response from LGD.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

gang sines posted:

yeah pontius is in drop danger

netcat do you just need to concede this round or drop from the tourney?

I'll drop from the tourney, I just don't know when/if I can play again.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
k

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
My burn just took down always be closing's pox 2-0. I guess I got lucky and had it all (it certainly seemed like it, anyway) after I kept an unexciting mulligan game 2 which was torn apart by Dark Ritual into Inquisition and Hymn, then proceeded to just draw gas the rest of the game, barely outracing a Tombstalker plus Mishra's Factory, and narrowly before Nether Void was able to lock me out of the game.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

netcat posted:

I'll drop from the tourney, I just don't know when/if I can play again.

3 byes in a row for me. Gonna intimidate my way to victory!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Starving Autist posted:

My burn just took down always be closing's pox 2-0. I guess I got lucky and had it all (it certainly seemed like it, anyway) after I kept an unexciting mulligan game 2 which was torn apart by Dark Ritual into Inquisition and Hymn, then proceeded to just draw gas the rest of the game, barely outracing a Tombstalker plus Mishra's Factory, and narrowly before Nether Void was able to lock me out of the game.

Confirming this, great games!

The race to the bottom continues jajaja.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Big Anime Fan Here, I sent you a pm, but posting too incase you're on mobile or something, I'm free all today and early tomorrow morning.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Network42 posted:

Big Anime Fan Here, I sent you a pm, but posting too incase you're on mobile or something, I'm free all today and early tomorrow morning.

BAFH is on steam as GokuBlazesUp as well

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

I should be available right if you want to play; I don't have plat so hit me up on IRC.
I've jumped on IRC yesterday/today, haven't seen you on. Sorry I didn't get on during the week. I'm available for the next two hours today, and any time Monday if you can pick a time.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

McLongDong, when can we knock this out? I can play for the next couple hours or sometime tomorrow after 4ish Eastern time, assuming the deadline was still postponed?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Stinky Pit! I'd like to play tonight if it's possible. I just crushed paper vintage, and I've got a taste for blood now.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
So I'm pretty sure I need a new router now. I'm conceding to Snack and if I can't get this sorted by tomorrow, I'll be dropping as well.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
last call post.

plz get yo games or extension requests in by 8 AM EST TOMORROW

plz let me know if you need assistance contacting your opponent

remaining matches:

1) Network42 vs Big Anime Fan Here (playing 2nite)
6) GottaPayDaTrollToll vs muon
10) born on a buy you vs Auralsaurus Flex
11) Fingers McLongDong vs Lonely Bridge
13) suicidesteve vs Ciprian Maricon
14) Lord Saturn vs Pontius Pilate (pontius getting dropped if he don't show up)
16) Trilas vs Chamale
17) Kraus vs AgentSythe (playing 2nite)
20) LGD vs Partial Octopus (lgd mia)

black potus fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 23, 2015

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Lonely Bridge posted:

McLongDong, when can we knock this out? I can play for the next couple hours or sometime tomorrow after 4ish Eastern time, assuming the deadline was still postponed?

I *might* be able to play this evening but if I can it won't be until close to 7 probably. It's a small window to play if I even can.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

gang sines posted:

last call post.

remaining matches:

1) Network42 vs Big Anime Fan Here
8) netcat vs Hobojim
14) Lord Saturn vs Pontius Pilate
15) always be closing vs Ableist Kinkshamer
16) Trilas vs Chamale
17) Kraus vs AgentSythe
20) LGD vs Partial Octopus

My match is finished, results are posted above.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
oops sorry, i'll get that updated

e: also removed netcat/hobojim

moatman let me know by the deadline if you're dropping so i can drop you this round instead of after doing pairings for next

black potus fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 23, 2015

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

gang sines posted:

last call post.

remaining matches:

1) Network42 vs Big Anime Fan Here
8) netcat vs Hobojim
16) Trilas vs Chamale
17) Kraus vs AgentSythe
20) LGD vs Partial Octopus

Still haven't been able to contact LGD.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

last call post.

remaining matches:

A gentle reminder that my opponent is a no-show and probable drop so far.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
AgentSythe and I should be playing tonight.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I think I told you in IRC but I don't remember, BAFH and I are playing tonight.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax
muon, I'll be on IRC most of tonight starting around 7 PST.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
I won 2-1. 12 goblins are turn one is enough to get through Leyline of Sanctity.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

born on a buy you posted:

I won 2-1. 12 goblins are turn one is enough to get through Leyline of Sanctity.
Confirming this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

muon, I'll be on IRC most of tonight starting around 7 PST.
I've got an out of state friend in town tonight, so I'm gonna spend time with him. I'll concede unless you'll be up at like midnight.

• Locked thread