Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
TSM might not be as good as a korean team but that was a korean solo queue game surrender so they're getting closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Lmao Kobe's breakdown of the missed charm. What a goof.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Kobe's my fav.

That game was such a poo poo stomp. LOL @ ALl Chat "Yea but the chair is rocky so I changed the lyrics..... u mad?"

Edit: I found this picture of Gravity's coach

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 22, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgamesbrazil
this is the stream to watch for big stomps and bad picks

e: no one has been in mid lane for at least 2 minutes, they're just 3-5 man roaming and killing the other team

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Kobe's my fav.

That game was such a poo poo stomp. LOL @ ALl Chat "Yea but the chair is rocky so I changed the lyrics..... u mad?"

Edit: I found this picture of Gravity's coach

Speaking of LS, Gravity is going to be having him commute biweekly between Korea and LA, which is pretty insane - until May, where he will then be in NA full time.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Isn't LS the guy who was poo poo talking a bunch of organizations on Twitter? I can't tell if that means he's unprofessional or that he's a perfect fit for a Saintvicious team. I'm just surprised he managed to get the gig. He was coaching SHC last year right?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Libertine posted:

Isn't LS the guy who was poo poo talking a bunch of organizations on Twitter? I can't tell if that means he's unprofessional or that he's a perfect fit for a Saintvicious team. I'm just surprised he managed to get the gig. He was coaching SHC last year right?

ls has a korean boner bigger than monte's so much that he claimed the korean teams were intentionally throwing games at worlds, as opposed to losing outright. He also had a row with Ocelote over a non-payment, where Oce definitely came out the worse person. I don't think he's attracted that much drama with orgs otherwise.

He's also the one non-locodoco person that fits Dig's requirements for a coach, but I heard a rumour that they didn't even give him a call back when he applied.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Libertine posted:

His personality is basically Locodoco two years ago, except instead of being Korean he is obsessed with Koreans.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Unless he's due for a Locodoco-ish lifestyle change, LS head coaching a team on the ground level sounds like a brilliant drama bomb waiting to happen. Dude is not a grade A example of a functional human adult.

Personally I still have my doubts about him. LS is exactly the kind of guy who can convince an idiot about his expertise on something by talking random, meaningless pretty word jargon for five minutes. Much of what I've heard him say about League is about implications of some arcane hidden meanings that he never attempts to uncover, and then there's a bunch of abstract nonsense in between. I guess SHC worked well under his guidance, who knows :shrug:

Ihki fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 22, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ive watched some of his coaching sessions and they're pretty sound, if he can apply that to an entire lcs team it should go well. Plus turning Gravity into a korean team but weaker virtually guarantees they will be top 4 in this LCS split.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
The most hilarious outcome will be that Gravity places higher than team liquid.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

exethan posted:

The most hilarious outcome will be that Gravity places higher than team liquid.

Saint reclaims his spot at 4th in LCS.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some good matchups today hopefully:

C9 - CLG
TL - TSM
WFX - Dig
CST - T8
Tip - Gravity

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
C9 - CLG
TL - TSM
WFX - Dig
CST - T8 (who cares though)
TiP - Gravity

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Freaksaus posted:

C9 - CLG
TL - TSM
WFX - Dig
CST - T8
Tip - Gravity

My predictions also

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Freaksaus posted:

C9 - CLG
TL - TSM
WFX - Dig
CST - T8 my change
Tip - Gravity

Agree, I am going to swap Coast win over Team 8 though and concur with the rest of your picks.

T8 just looks like full on slump mode, and I think mancloud will somehow pull off a decent performance today.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
LS was coaching SHC?MYM before they decided they needed a live-in coach and dropped him. He also had some stints at G2, and Roar (but that was very late in their life and he left after they got trashed by the ill-fated C9 Challenger team.

He's a bit crazy about Korean stuff, and kinda out there, but people in the scene well of his coaching. The biggest hangup has not been his coaching been his reticence to move outside of Korea - according to the interview there's a few snags keeping him there aside from his partner. After the failure of the Monte era of CLG most people have preferred a live-in.

It will be really interesting to see how he does with Gravity but I'm not sure we'll see results for a bit.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I hope C9 beats CLG using their new and Innovative Support Veigar.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

All the blue side teams will win today.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Marin Karin posted:

C9 - CLG
TL - TSM
WFX - Dig
CST - T8 (who cares though)
TiP - Gravity

As passable as Freaksaus' predictions were, this is actually how it will all go down for real.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

C9 - CLG
TL - TSM
WFX - Dig
CST - T8
Tip - Gravity

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
But you gotta remember, it's coast, so this applies

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
3 way tie for 3rd place, Riot puts GV in 4th place. The joke will never die.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
Riv has now entirely redeemed himself in my eyes for throwing the poro.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
If you want a good laugh, watch Aphromoo struggle to avoid saying Doublelift is too stupid to play ADC properly.

Pseudonut
Jun 1, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

But you gotta remember, it's coast, so this applies

Scarra is the Yogi Berra of league. Somebody get that man a spot on the commentator's desk.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

First ban :hehe:

Pseudonut fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 22, 2015

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I'm agreeing with Freaksaus's predictions.

Coast got beaten so hard by TSM yesterday that I'm not convinced they can handle T8, even with the new Mid. Still, that ones a bit of tossup and will likely be super sloppy

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Too late, it got banned

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
they really giving rumble to balls?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Wow what a passive agressve gently caress. Seems like he's the cancer that's dragging them down.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Honestly, if you just took doublelift and Sneaky and swapped them between the teams CLG would become very terrifying.

That said, right now the CS is fairly even overall.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Don't give Balls Rumble.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

Don't give Balls Rumble.

or: dont run into a neat single file line at him

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Is Sneaky using Fnatic Corki?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
OK guys here's our strat for fighting rumble : 5 men in a straight line in between a wall and the enemy team. GO!

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Don't give Balls Rumble.

don't start then peel off dragon midgame against a team that has Rumble and is in range to engage regardless of who is playing Rumble.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

henkman posted:

or: dont run into a neat single file line at him

I think we all know that teams aren't going to stop lining themselves up into narrow jungle corridors.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i feel like its really arrogant from clg giving them rumble. they deserve to lose

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
What a rumble ult out from balls god drat

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

whenever i fight a rumble, i like to fight him in a narrow jungle passage all grouped up as five. nothing bad can or will ever happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

I think we all know that teams aren't going to stop lining themselves up into narrow jungle corridors.

true, true

• Locked thread