Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Dalael posted:

That must have been one lucky shot. :captainpop:

Nagato has enough HP that it shouldn't be sunk in one shot unless you hit something critical. Also... at that distance it had to be plunging fire... How much armor does the Nagato have again on its decks? Still.. Bet you can't do that twice. :colbert:

He probably landed a plunging fire shot into the magazines- it's pretty amazing when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
That's how the Bismarck hosed up the Hood.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Wulfolme posted:

This phrasing just gave me the awesome mental picture of a mustached Otto von Bismarck dressed as a thug leading a gang war
:swoon:

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Oi PANSY, another round tonight. Try to be there on at 9:45 or earlier, match actually begins about 10.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010

Zudgemud posted:

This phrasing just gave me the awesome mental picture of a mustached Otto von Bismarck dressed as a thug leading a gang war
:swoon:

Really? I saw Otto joining forces with the Sheriff of Nottingham...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Goon skirmish team needs a fifth. Show up. e: rip Goons.

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000019755/

If they're a troll clan, their commander is INCREDIBLY dedicated to stat-badding.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 22, 2015

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

quote:

Exordis (11:08:59 PM) i'm pretty sure that tryint o explan any of this to you is a wasted effort. you'll believe what you wish, and thats fine. But because your turret is facing one way, doesn't mean things aren't happening behind you.
Exordis (11:09:11 PM) enjoy your gaming
Uranium235 (11:15:30 PM) i cordially invite you to eat a dick
Exordis (11:19:28 PM) Enjoy your gaming experience.
Exordis (11:19:36 PM) God loves you too.

I told him he was bad because he (a Super Pershing) and a Tiger could not push an SU-100 and E2 Sherman.

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 22, 2015

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

McGavin posted:

One round I took my T95 valley on Lakeville, but only after telling the rest of my team to get their asses to the city and then making sure they actually listened. I killed 5 of 7 enemy tanks in the valley and then got flanked because 14 of my teammates couldn't kill 8 of theirs. I guess the moral of this story is this: gently caress pubs forever.

I like the t95. Once pubbies saved me when I had a medium or a heavy of the same tier driving circles around me after I murdered his buddies on that flank. I was able to back up and pin him against a rock or a building while attentive teammates came to help while he bounced rounds off my slanty roof.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

If they're a troll clan, their commander is INCREDIBLY dedicated to stat-badding.

1399 battles in the Churchill III at 40%.
519 in the Ausf A at 34%.

I am awestruck!

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Hellsau posted:

Do they think WG NA is that stupid not to think they are a bunch of Confederate failure racists?

Current clan description is

quote:

Celebrating the creation of the Royal Netherlands Navy in 1488 and the 13 original captains lead by Catchem Lynch.

No person who likes the Dutch would ever think to have a person named after a war criminal in the clan

Actually WG NA may be that stupid to let them hide.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
http://a.pomf.se/gogyvw.webm
one second too late to reset...

Trollocalypse
May 22, 2012

"Quit no-scoping, Hitler!!" - Winston Churchill. Probably.

Wulfolme posted:

To add a bit of historical flavour.

My great uncle was a pacifist and a conscientious objector but joined the navy after he felt like he was embarrassing the family. Got stationed on the Hood and promptly killed.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
you know what 1200 horsepowers is really good for? pushing stuff:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1645779

rip panther

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 22, 2015

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I'm an indifferent sniper at best so my charioteer performance is really unreliable but sometimes, man, sometimes

And then nature took over and i died to a stock kv-4

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DonkeyHotay posted:

I'm an indifferent sniper at best so my charioteer performance is really unreliable but sometimes, man, sometimes

I saw your damage and instinctively assumed it was a loss. Fortunately you had more than one teammate deal their own HP in damage.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

So, the SixthSense bullshit is due with 9.6?

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

When do our mammoth and Arctic fox crews get converted into whatever they are supposed to be?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

I saw your damage and instinctively assumed it was a loss. Fortunately you had more than one teammate deal their own HP in damage.

i'm convinced that if you can't average a tanks hp per battle you are bad at it and shouldn't play it, i just wish i could convince every pubbie of that

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

DonkeyHotay posted:

And then nature took over and i died to a stock kv-4

I really want a Charoiteer after dinking around with on one test, but playing through the Challenger to get it? Noooooooope. It is crazy they don't give the Challenger at least the 20pdr A barrel, a tier 7 TD with less firepower then a light at that tier is pretty sad.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

CitizenKain posted:

I really want a Charoiteer after dinking around with on one test, but playing through the Challenger to get it? Noooooooope. It is crazy they don't give the Challenger at least the 20pdr A barrel, a tier 7 TD with less firepower then a light at that tier is pretty sad.

I feel like rumors of the challenger's badness are wildly overstated. It is fast enough that it makes the charioteer feel slow and it will go shot for shot with an e-25 with more pen and more damage per shot. And it has a turret.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

DonkeyHotay posted:

i'm convinced that if you can't average a tanks hp per battle you are bad at it and shouldn't play it, i just wish i could convince every pubbie of that

If you convinced all pubbies of this, the game would very quickly have 0 players. The world would be greatly improved and global happiness would increase by 2% (if you could convince people to quit playing MOBAs it would increase by a further 18%).

In any match that doesn't end in a draw where the last two tanks kill each other simultaneously, there is more total HP than damage done. As bad pubbies quit playing because they can't average their own HP in damage in any tank, the average of player skill would increase and a new swathe of the player base would become the bad (compared to the average skill) ones, quitting because they can't average their own HP in damage in any tank. Repeat until no players remain.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
If pubbies weren't so bad at the game, WOWS would be fun.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

If pubbies weren't so bad at the game, WOWS would be fun.

Don't be that guy...

You know drat well it will be a hundred times worst when the server opens and the real pubbies join in.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Gonna broadside all the idiots that beach themselves once Warships opens up.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just got sunk by some dumbass on my own team launching torpedoes with 7 km range at ships 15 km away. Then, after getting salty when I explained exactly why he was an idiot, he rammed into an island and died.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Trip report with the Ru251: almost Ace Tanker on the very first match with the crew at 90%. Everyone focuses on the American light line but this tank is a Very Good Tank, and might be the best light tank in the game depending on how you feel about the 13 90.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Animal posted:

Trip report with the Ru251: almost Ace Tanker on the very first match with the crew at 90%. Everyone focuses on the American light line but this tank is a Very Good Tank, and might be the best light tank in the game depending on how you feel about the 13 90.

I would if I could.... the little leo is killing me here it feels like a luch up tiered.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
How do you get more gold in boats? Only having 2 slots is bullshit.

edit: In tanks, they just gave you free gold until beta ended. I don't know how they did warplanes since it sucked so bad I never played it.

vains fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 23, 2015

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Very occasionally I'll try warplanes. You know... for fun. A couple games every week or two and in like 10 years I'll be up to T5 stuff. Last I tried there were like 40 pilots on at 6 pm central time. Not a good sign.

World of Tanks is pretty fun though. I'm slowly playing more 2-3K something games instead of 400 rating games. Give me another couple thousand games and I'll be a very strong average.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

edit: In tanks, they just gave you free gold until beta ended. I don't know how they did warplanes since it sucked so bad I never played it.

Gold was first given out depending on what percentile of games played you had, now I think they give out a set amount for a set number of games each week?

Chillyrabbit fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 23, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Play a bunch in a week.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Got the Obj416, freeXPd the top gun and got Prokhorovka.
4.2k damage and 5 kills on a loss and this is going to be a fun (and expensive) experience.
In the end I was spamming HEAT since my regular ammo ran out and I was down to 5 HEAT shells when I died.
Which equipment on the Obj416?
Normal medium stuff (Vstab, Rammer, Optics) or something else?

DonkeyHotay posted:

So in other words, more people should play arty since it is easier to do more than your HP of damage?
Does the above also apply to the Maus?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Cardiac posted:

Got the Obj416, freeXPd the top gun and got Prokhorovka.
4.2k damage and 5 kills on a loss and this is going to be a fun (and expensive) experience.
In the end I was spamming HEAT since my regular ammo ran out and I was down to 5 HEAT shells when I died.
Which equipment on the Obj416?
Normal medium stuff (Vstab, Rammer, Optics) or something else?

So in other words, more people should play arty since it is easier to do more than your HP of damage?
Does the above also apply to the Maus?

you are doing it very very wrong if you can't do at least your health in a maus. Most of the poo poo is going to bounce off your hull and turret if you know what you are doing. Most don't though. Arty is the same way. Knowing where to get to get the best angles is 90% of of winning the battle. Being in some awesome safe place noone will ever get to, but also has horrible coverage because of walls and mountains won't get you anywhere.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

you are doing it very very wrong if you can't do at least your health in a maus. Most of the poo poo is going to bounce off your hull and turret if you know what you are doing. Most don't though. Arty is the same way. Knowing where to get to get the best angles is 90% of of winning the battle. Being in some awesome safe place noone will ever get to, but also has horrible coverage because of walls and mountains won't get you anywhere.

Ah, what would this thread be without people getting upset by blatant facetious remarks. A whole lot shorter for sure.

As for the Maus, it is slow i.e. hard to get your damage in on steam rolls. That is reflected in the WN8 expected damage which is 1.8k damage.
Without having played the Maus (got the VK4502B) I would assume the Maus have more problems getting consistent high damage compared to other tanks.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Maus also has the lowest nominal dpm for any tier 10 vehicle in the game, so even if you are able to lumber up to a spot where you can fire continuously, it takes a long time to lay that damage down.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Animal posted:

Is it the Awful Panther still terrible? I'm on the Tier V Leopard right now and have heard bad things.

Trollocalypse
May 22, 2012

"Quit no-scoping, Hitler!!" - Winston Churchill. Probably.

MoraleHazard posted:

Is it the Awful Panther still terrible? I'm on the Tier V Leopard right now and have heard bad things.

Try to convince someone to let you scout in Strongholds with it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MoraleHazard posted:

The Awfulpanther can ram arrogant Bulldogs to death, so it's got that going for it

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I've bought the T28 and the KT.

T28 first:
I like it. It is a weird tank that people are surprisingly scared of. Gun is nice, armor is shockingly nice and the only real negative is how slow it is. But yea, good stuff.

KT:
I got the stock turret. Everyone knows that the stock turret looks like. Everyone shoots my stock turret. I am sure this tank will be better fully upgraded, 2nd gun feels nice.

Still gaining XP in the 13 90, if they don't make the AMX 30b stem from it I will be very upset for about 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

MoraleHazard posted:

You have to shoot gold exclusively if you dont wanna gouge your eyes out. I free xpd it after 30k xp.