Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I mighta missed it but do you DD that thing!?

If by DD you mean logs onto IRC in his underwear every morning to talk about it, then yes he does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Tremek posted:

If by DD you mean logs onto IRC in his underwear every morning to talk about it, then yes he does

Different than the rest of us how?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Propaganda Bob posted:

Holy poo poo. I've seen those things auction for 200k. Go buy the Superbird right now.

It's not an Elephant, and it's an automatic. It's probably actually just a bit over-priced, if anything. It IS a six-pack car, though, so it's not bottom-of-the-barrel.

It's the four-speed Hemi cars that go for stupid-times-ridiculous dollars.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I mighta missed it but do you DD that thing!?

Yes. I am not a smart man.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Show us the comical picture showing how far away you were from everyone else. Or does that attract more attention?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I have a 2014 Toyota Corolla LE. Look out your window and you'll probably see one.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

quote:

Just a reminder that the accord and camry are currently 1 and 2 in sales in the segment, and in cars in general in the US, and you probably can't remember the last time you saw one because they're so boring, although, statistically, you're probably riding in one right now.

I forget who said this, but it seems to fit your current situation.

eltoozero
Jun 5, 2003
The Most Pop-tastic Man of Action.
Proud owner of '03 Camry, still trucking with 315,000 miles and a fresh #3 coil pack swapped in an AutoZone parking lot.

(Alternator swap with no tools on-hand last year in a different parking lot was way more "fun").

Itchy Tony Manero
Mar 29, 2010

Bajaha posted:

I think I found myself a new life goal, owning an Italian beast that wants to kill the moment it's awoken.

While we're on the subject:

2009 Fiat Grande Punto with just over 8000 miles on the clock. Shown here on a rainy day after a long period of crappy weather and roads covered in slush and melting ice, so it's appropriately filthy. Sorry about that.

Despite the thread title, it was not $600. My grandfather recently decided he shouldn't drive anymore and passed his car down to me. I live in the city so it's the perfect size, but also pretty fun to drive. The brakes are so fierce they will gently caress you up if you step on the pedal too hard. Not that you have to do that very often, thanks to the tiny 1.4L engine.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Hello AI I am a middle-aged housewife.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Grraarrgghh posted:

:getout:

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

Grraarrgghh posted:

My middle aged wife owns one of these.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ormy posted:

Thanks; it was actually very cheap! I'm from Cumbria, close enough. Are you on some UK forums?

Yeah, a couple UK BMW forums.. but mostly, "Ormy" makes me think of Ormskirk, Lancs so thought you might be from the area.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Grraarrgghh posted:

What year? I've (embarrassingly) become a fan of the VQ/CVT combo after owning my Maxima for a year.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

angryhampster posted:

What year? I've (embarrassingly) become a fan of the VQ/CVT combo after owning my Maxima for a year.

Despite the slushbox and the general assumption from other drivers that i can't drive worth a drat (that's people in CR-Vs damnit :argh:), i settled on a Murano last year because it ticked off all my family requirements.

I looked for a 2009 SL/LE particularily because it a) has the only 10-band EQ Bose 6.2 stereo (they changed to a 9-band with 2 smaller subs in 2010...though i hear the 2015 SV/Platinums have 11 speakers), and b) they were old enough to be well priced but new enough to be the Gen 2 series Muranos. Also this one only had 35k (km) when i got it.

poo poo pounds however and despite being an old design, the VQ is still a beauty.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Grraarrgghh posted:

Hey at least it's not a cabriolet. Actually that'd at least be impressively rare if it were.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like the Murano Crosscabriolet

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

I like the Murano Crosscabriolet

Maybe this was you driving. The guy driving and I made eye contact, and I assure you, the shame emanating from his very soul was eternal.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tremek posted:

Maybe this was you driving. The guy driving and I made eye contact, and I assure you, the shame emanating from his very soul was eternal.

I don't own one, I just like them.

With the top down, anyhow. Like most convertibles they look stupid with the top up.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

With the top down, anyhow. Like most convertibles they look stupid with the top up.

Am I alone in thinking that liking holds more shame than owning in this scenario?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

They look like a boat with wheels attached.

I can't stand them.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

angryhampster posted:

I can't stand them.

They wouldn't be quite so bad except that all modern convertibles have a big rear end rising up in the back to nearly head height.

And that guy in the picture looks like a toolbag

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

angryhampster posted:

I can't stand them.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
But think of the hills you could climb with that approach angle.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

unlike what you quoted, this is actually cool :911:

(It's literally a deuce and a half wrapped in a boat. With a little attention paid to waterproofing the drivetrain.)

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
It snowed/sleeted today. On the one hand, a big car with a torquey RWD V8 doesn't do well in the slush; it just sits there and spins the tires if you give it any gas at all.

On the other hand, nobody will hit you. Batesian mimicry: not just for butterflies.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Just parked her again for the week. 2008 Nissan 350z

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
dope sticker, yo.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Cage posted:

dope sticker, yo.

It's the only one I rock for my team, yo.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Post your own ride -- Everything is crying for attention, just a bit too much.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

meatpimp posted:

Post your own ride -- Everything is crying for attention, just a bit too much.

I did, mine was the black Z.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Edit: ^^ no, you see, he was creating a fictional new thread title there.

Well at least we found a worse Nissan than the Murano cabriolet, although to be fair no one here actually owned one of those.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Post your own ride -- There is no "I" in "Sunworks", Yo.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Stanyer89 posted:

Just parked her again for the week. 2008 Nissan 350z

Good. But LM reps?!

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

Good. But LM reps?!

Yeah just Varrstoens. It was my daily for 3 years and didn't want to roll around on expensive wheels on the crappy Louisiana roads. Now that I got a truck to DD I can justify spending 3 to 4k on wheels. The Vertex Lang bumper was the first thing to get changed now that it is garaged 3/4 of the month.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys, I'm having the worst flashback.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Is it a flashback to 2002 when we were still posting car poo poo in GBS and pretending we were better than all the other idiots posting?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

IOwnCalculus posted:

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

I'd rather have the wonder bread over the fig newtons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'd rather have the wonder bread over the fig newtons.

Ewww