Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bowser posted:

Harris has talked openly about his addiction problems on You Made it Weird and DVDASA so there was always a risk of this happening but god, seeing that headline was a gutpunch.
I really thought he'd gotten over the worst of it and was in the clear :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

jesus christ this is horrible

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
My boyfriend just told me he died and I couldn't believe it.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

Really wish I hadn't put off listening to that You Made It Weird episode now. that's gonna be real rough when I finally get round to it.

god drat RI fuckin P

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
loving hell

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

I'm so goddamn sad

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
He died.

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009

he has died

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sweet tribute from Chelsea :nws:https://twitter.com/ChelseaVPeretti/status/568622191765381120/photo/1:nws:

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

God dammit

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

cams posted:

I really thought he'd gotten over the worst of it and was in the clear :(

Heroin isn't something most people who try ever get over.

Don't think i've ever been more bummed out about a person I didn't actually know dying.

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
fuuck, i had just re-listened to all of his episodes of cbb this week because I thought he hadn't been on in a while and missed him.
That's so awful.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

I am baffled by the context here.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

lol loads of people getting mad at her for posting a dead dudes dong.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Beeez posted:

I am baffled by the context here.

Hahaha since I've been going back and listening to all of Hair Dog's Earwolf appearances...Sarah Silverman explains the circumstances of this picture in episode 52 of CBB/CDR

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I remember that, but are you sure it's the same incident?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Beeez posted:

I remember that, but are you sure it's the same incident?

Unless Harris accidentally got a cream-colored liquid poured over his legs while his dick was out in a writer's room more than once......

I mean, it's Harris. It could be a possibility

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Oh, I just remembered how he put a hair clip on his dick and Sarah Silverman took a picture of it that she put in her book, I didn't remember they actually mentioned the cream colored liquid. Mystery solved.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Beeez posted:

Oh, I just remembered how he put a hair clip on his dick and Sarah Silverman took a picture of it that she put in her book, I didn't remember they actually mentioned the cream colored liquid. Mystery solved.

Oh, don't worry, the hair clip and the cream-colored liquid are two different incidents. Harris took out his dick a lot.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

lol loads of people getting mad at her for posting a dead dudes dong.

I thought it was hilarious. Then my friend mentioned the massive amount of cum (or lotion) on his thigh and it became more perfect.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Yeah the origins of it get explained in the CDR episode "Japan Dogs" which is hilarious on its own.

It was really nice of Harris to let Sarah publish a book about Harris' dick and put some stories in it.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
In some lighter news there was apparently a video recording of the Whiplash I4H episode and it went live today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIol1E2B15Q

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I figure they cut to the logo a lot because they needed to edit out the Engie dropping the camera and rushing over to the soundboard. I sorta wish they'd have set up another tripod, it's kind of sickening to see it bobbing around like that.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I've been bugging Engineer Brett about this on their forums but Earwolf would be breaking new podcast ground if they add a 360 stereoscopic camera and binaural microphones so you could watch and listen to it as an actual guest in the studio. Minimum upkeep, just turn it on, and no additional person holding it or managing it. Issues currently is the post-processing of getting it out and somewhere to continually host the gigabyte+ sized file for every episode.

The Verge did an interesting video on the subject of 3D audio, though us being goons I'm sure you're all aware of those dumb ASMR videos. When it's used in actual life it's amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd5i7TlpzCk

e:

Mr. Squishy posted:

I figure they cut to the logo a lot because they needed to edit out the Engie dropping the camera and rushing over to the soundboard. I sorta wish they'd have set up another tripod, it's kind of sickening to see it bobbing around like that.

It was someone else holding the camera

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 22, 2015

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Is it just me, or was Never Not Funny live-broadcasting them going over to ask the 7-11 if their sign was broken the least compelling thing they've done since the times they'd play a game where they tried to guess a number?

Andy Daly on NNF should be wall-to-wall amazing, just wondering if I was being a jerk about it or if anyone else wondered what they were listening to. I'd have changed it, but it was one of those situations where I set up the audio before starting to drive, and didn't have an opportunity to skip to a different podcast until it was over.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I agree with you that all the random number gambling sucked in season 12, but I really loved the 7-11 bothering, or at least when Andy and Jimmy went.
edit: that said if this stretches all season like the gambling it will get old very fast. hopefully Jimmy got all the answers he needed this week.

Greggy fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 22, 2015

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Greggy posted:

I agree with you that all the random number gambling sucked in season 12, but I really loved the 7-11 bothering, or at least when Andy and Jimmy went.
edit: that said if this stretches all season like the gambling it will get old very fast. hopefully Jimmy got all the answers he needed this week.

Willing to accept I'm just grumpy from winter's siege. :)

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Piquai Souban posted:

Is it just me, or was Never Not Funny live-broadcasting them going over to ask the 7-11 if their sign was broken the least compelling thing they've done since the times they'd play a game where they tried to guess a number?

Andy Daly on NNF should be wall-to-wall amazing, just wondering if I was being a jerk about it or if anyone else wondered what they were listening to. I'd have changed it, but it was one of those situations where I set up the audio before starting to drive, and didn't have an opportunity to skip to a different podcast until it was over.

no I loved it, thought it was hilarious

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
NNF is a good one to skip the pre guest segment sometimes if they're doing something lame but I mean you kind of have to accept that they do a drive time zoo show as a podcast so there's a lot of total bull poo poo. I like it...

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Piquai Souban posted:

I thought the idea was funny and every time Jimmy added another layer to it and cracked himself up it was pretty great, but the actual visits to 7-11 didn't really go anywhere aside from a few lines from Andy and Jimmy staying in character for his. It was like Serial, the first podcast, in that the idea was great, but the execution falls flat without some kind of conclusive payoff.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, I think in Serial they should've broken that guy out of prison so at least there'd be a payoff.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Harris took out his dick a lot.

No wonder he was always down at the Chinese Theatre

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Beeez posted:

Yeah, I think in Serial they should've broken that guy out of prison so at least there'd be a payoff.

If they had taken the last few episodes into a wild fantasy of breaking him out and escaping to Mexico it would have been much more memorable.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Max22 posted:

This needs some love.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Max22 posted:

Nice.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Zsinjeh posted:

In some lighter news there was apparently a video recording of the Whiplash I4H episode and it went live today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIol1E2B15Q

Quoting this because we need more video I4H in the world.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Is Earwolf done with the VPN collaboration, then? It's been months since the last video upload.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I get the feeling that I won't like the answer, but where can I find Gelmania, episodes I-XVII?

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

moot the hopple posted:

Is Earwolf done with the VPN collaboration, then? It's been months since the last video upload.

Scott addressed this in a Reddit AMA:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2ro2qs/scott_aukerman_host_of_comedy_bang_bang/cnhp23r?context=3

quote:

our deal with the video podcast company expired - it is very expensive to do, and they were having trouble getting advertisers for it. I would love to work them out in the future somehow... i really think the medium and execution was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Sounds like a job for Elliot Hochberg and his fifty cameras