Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So many Nintendo published N64 games that I want on the Wii U or 3DS. I never had a N64 or Gamecube so I missed a lot of those games. The one game I want the most is Super Mario Sunshine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Sunshine was so much better than 64 its unbelievable. Luckily the Wii U has a working gamecube inside it so you can play it!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I said come in! posted:

So many Nintendo published N64 games that I want on the Wii U or 3DS. I never had a N64 or Gamecube so I missed a lot of those games. The one game I want the most is Super Mario Sunshine.

I'm curious to see if they're holding off on GCN VC game announcements until they get more of the adapters out into the world. Those titles are going to be utterly dependent on moving Smash Controllers and the GCN adapters, after all.

Really though Sunshine needs a Wind Waker-esque HD port. If only to fix Blue Coin collecting :shepicide:.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Sunshine was so much better than 64 its unbelievable. Luckily the Wii U has a working gamecube inside it so you can play it!

Well if you have a copy of Brawl, another external hard drive, and a Wii to rip your copy of Sunshine.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

greatn posted:

Well if you have a copy of Brawl, another external hard drive, and a Wii to rip your copy of Sunshine.

Yeah it owns

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I beat Hyrule Warriors last night and thought it was pretty much the coolest Zelda game ever. I liked the combat, the callbacks, and the fact that the Triforce was actually used for something. This morning I loaded it up to start the short DLC campaign and realized there is an entire mode I haven't even touched yet that seems fairly substantive: Adventure Mode.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Oh. Oh god. You know not of what you are in for.

Legend Mode is great, sure....but Adventure mode is the actual meat of the game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

the truth posted:

I beat Hyrule Warriors last night

No you didn't

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
To help save some time as you play the adventure mode, do a lot of the first map on the list since the latter ones are built assuming you're a bit more leveled up than what just completing the story will get you to. Also after it tells you about items and such, the secrets on the map are wherever secrets are in the original Legend of Zelda NES game. Any of the new ones will be pretty obvious as they'll use items/icons that weren't in that game. :)

The Master Quest map's hidden stuff is where all the secrets were in NES LoZ's second quest.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
My decision to purchase Hyrule Warriors hinges on one answer. Can you be Tingle? If so, is he some kind of beefy manly Tingle?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

My decision to purchase Hyrule Warriors hinges on one answer. Can you be Tingle? If so, is he some kind of beefy manly Tingle?

Soon yes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Tingle is DLC

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Gutcruncher posted:

If you buy the Majora's Mask DLC, you can be Tingle. And he is not beefy. He is merely Tingle.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

greatn posted:

You don't "need" two of these things.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Goddam nintendo let my wallet breath!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Dumb question -- in Miiverse, what is everyone using to post those doodles? Or is that a 3DS thing?

I too wish to doodle with children*

*phrasing

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Martytoof posted:

Dumb question -- in Miiverse, what is everyone using to post those doodles? Or is that a 3DS thing?

I too wish to doodle with children*

*phrasing
When you're posting there's an option to switch to a sketchpad instead of typing text.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Miiverse is like Twitter but for Nintendo only.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

When you're posting there's an option to switch to a sketchpad instead of typing text.

oh duh

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Gutcruncher posted:

Tingle is part of the Majora's Mask DLC. Here's a video showing how he plays like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpsxK4cyRac (Only slight spoilers from the very first Story Mode mission of the game)

He's pretty much Tingle as we know him, his only difference from his canon counterpart being that he beats up armies now.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

I said come in! posted:

mario sunshine owns

fludd owns

"gimmicky" is the worst gaming criticism. fludd is central to the gameplay in every facet and fun to use.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Judging by the latest releases on other consoles, "being a fun and stable video game" is a gimmick

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Twat McTwatterson posted:

mario sunshine owns

fludd owns

"gimmicky" is the worst gaming criticism. fludd is central to the gameplay in every facet and fun to use.

Except for the parts where they take it away, which are the best parts of the game.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Gutcruncher posted:

Remember when the Wii U had no games? Haha good times.

I listened to a child get angry in Target yesterday, because the Wii U is killing off the Wii. The Wii has way more and way better releases, apparently, and he doesn't understand why the Wii U keeps getting new games. His confused father asked if the kid had looked into what was happening, and if the kid wanted a Wii U since it was getting all the new games. The kid had a MELTDOWN and started yelling about how no, that's dumb, there's nothing to play on the Wii U, and then he couldn't play Kirby's Epic Yarn, WHICH IS LEGENDARY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DIE.

I forgot to ask his forums user name, however, because I realized this was about the first time I've seen an actual child have a meltdown over Nintendo products... And it was to say Nintendo was selling out to the Wii U. :psyduck: I just... What?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Niemat posted:

I listened to a child get angry in Target yesterday, because the Wii U is killing off the Wii. The Wii has way more and way better releases, apparently, and he doesn't understand why the Wii U keeps getting new games. His confused father asked if the kid had looked into what was happening, and if the kid wanted a Wii U since it was getting all the new games. The kid had a MELTDOWN and started yelling about how no, that's dumb, there's nothing to play on the Wii U, and then he couldn't play Kirby's Epic Yarn, WHICH IS LEGENDARY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DIE.

I forgot to ask his forums user name, however, because I realized this was about the first time I've seen an actual child have a meltdown over Nintendo products... And it was to say Nintendo was selling out to the Wii U. :psyduck: I just... What?

He's not wrong, I'm still mad at Nintendo for ignoring the NES and only making Wii U games. Where's Star Tropics 3, huh?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Niemat posted:

I like how the father's response is to offer to buy the thing and the kid says no

Dumbass kid don't know how good he's got it

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Kids are usually dumb。 in fact you all were dumb kids once

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The first time any child realizes a console cycle advances is a tough time

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

ChaosArgate posted:

You can't tell me GC emulation of N64 is actually good emulation. It's decent at best and somewhat shoddy for the most part.
That's hardly a relevant comparison, there are 21 N64 games on the Wii VC, the Wii U is a tri-core overclocked Wii processor with twenty times the RAM and a much better GPU. Yes, the Wii U can emulate the N64.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
N64 emulation has and will never be good™

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

N64 emulation has and will never be good™

:gb2gbs:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The first time any child realizes a console cycle advances is a tough time

Last Gen was his whole life.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Rainbow Curse's challenge stages are so much fun, game rules. What does a Dedede Amiibo do? I kind of want a Dedede Amiibo and I don't care about Amiibos.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The good King gives you a nice hat and 6 HP instead of 4 for a stage.

Also..

Captain Toad in Mario Kart 8? Possible!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

that's a port and not emulation my man, but i appreciate your attempt

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Niemat posted:

Oh kid logic... this kind of reminds me of when I got my Wii U on launch day. There was a kid with his dad in front of me, and he was trying to convince him that if they got the deluxe model they would be getting a free game AND it had a bigger hard drive that lets you "download like a thousand games" to, and that it's actually saving him money because they'll never have to buy a hard drive for it ever again.

Then they called his friend on the phone and told him to come over to play Nintendoland that night and they sounded super excited. It reminded me of what it was like to be a kid again....

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I heard a kid tell his mom he wanted an Xbox One because it has "every Mario game ever" on it, something went wrong.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
But what if it does

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

noirstronaut posted:

But what if it does

He was talking about the first xbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So I'm obviously going to pick up a Y cable for a spare HDD I have lying around, but just based on what I have underhand I'm kind of :raise: that my Mac Mini powers this WD external drive just fine, but the WiiU doesn't. Does the U have a lower amp USB output than a desktop/laptop?

• Locked thread