Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

qirex posted:

macromedia, it was a total dumb move to buy them then waste another billion dollars trying to build a flash consulting company oh wait I mean air which is totally not flash but needs flash to work. flash, dreamweaver and fireworks are all mega fail software and should be stricken from the record [freehand was ok for a while then they macromedia'd into irrelevance]

as long as fonts, illustrator, photoshop and indesign don't suck I will consider adobe a good company
cool adobo apologism, now try and macromedia your way out of acrobat's cesspit :smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
adobo :smith:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

echinopsis posted:

see this is what is so lovely. sure there might be a way to achieve a thing, but its backwards and suboptimal and instead of people making GBS threads over adobe for not being losers they defend them becaue.. idk? stokholm or something

translation : all the people who use our products are simpletons and couldnt handle a bit of change

yeah. and they make the most money making creative software. think they are on to something

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so coz photoshop is the best. doesn't mean it's flawless or doesnt have issues

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i took a photoshop class at community college and finished the syllabus on the first day and she was like, ok, you got an A, if you want to come in and use the computers now and then thats cool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hi I'm photoshop and when you're setting up a paragraph I only allow you to enter line spacing as a point figure, not a relative percentage, and if yo want something bigger than 72 it's uou have to type it in and you can't fine tune me by dragging like any other software

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

echinopsis posted:

hi I'm photoshop and when you're setting up a paragraph I only allow you to enter line spacing as a point figure, not a relative percentage, and if yo want something bigger than 72 it's uou have to type it in and you can't fine tune me by dragging like any other software

why would you try to do a whole paragraph of text in photoshop that's just stupid

echinopsis posted:

translation : all the people who use our products are simpletons and couldnt handle a bit of change
does your wrong posting know no bounds

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

qirex posted:

why would you try to do a whole paragraph of text in photoshop that's just stupid

agreed, why r u typing a whole paragraph of size 72 letters

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

oi think its freakin amazing that someobody composit export immediatly updates in the timeline of someone else. that hit with the deer. that fcukin amazing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its almost as though modern scripts and actors are fuckin garb so we just work it out in post and dazzle u w/ breads+circuses

thanks, computers
thomputers

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Smythe posted:

oi think its freakin amazing that someobody composit export immediatly updates in the timeline of someone else. that hit with the deer. that fcukin amazing

idk i don't do anything with moving pictures but this and that other thing about being able to work with different shots of the same scene together seems super loving basic and if that's new and revolutionary in the year 2015 then lol

like how lovely was film editing workflow in the recent past

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

du -hast posted:

agreed, why r u typing a whole paragraph of size 72 letters

because maybe my image is huge?
plus two lines isn't a paragraph but you use the paragraph settings toxhange line spacing

qirex posted:

don't use features that are
built in or anything

perhaps I should use that excuse when I do anyhinf in photoshop

"why would you try to combine layers in photoshop that's stupid"

quote:

does your wrong posting know no bounds
I'm the only one with balls to call out adobe on they're bullshit

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 351 days!

i've only taken a couple video courses (not a video student, just part of the graphic design courseload i have) and this is the workflow they teach. v cool poo poo imo

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
photoshop owns so hard.

premiere owns so hard.

after effects owns so hard.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 351 days!

big scary monsters posted:

idk i don't do anything with moving pictures but this and that other thing about being able to work with different shots of the same scene together seems super loving basic and if that's new and revolutionary in the year 2015 then lol

like how lovely was film editing workflow in the recent past

what they were showing was that you can drag and drop projects from after effects directly into your premiere pro project - two completely different pieces of software doing completely different things, but no need to export from one to another. so you can make your animations and do your rotoscoping and whatever else in after effects, which is built for that, and then just drag your work straight into the premiere pro work file without having to gently caress around with file compatibility etc. being able to do this kind of thing and play it all back in real time is a Big loving Deal

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

qirex posted:

flash is mega fail software and should be stricken from the record

i loved playing java games in my browser

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

wesley snypes posted:

what they were showing was that you can drag and drop projects from after effects directly into your premiere pro project - two completely different pieces of software doing completely different things, but no need to export from one to another. so you can make your animations and do your rotoscoping and whatever else in after effects, which is built for that, and then just drag your work straight into the premiere pro work file without having to gently caress around with file compatibility etc. being able to do this kind of thing and play it all back in real time is a Big loving Deal

oh ok i missed that part, ty. so it's like how you can copy and paste from word into excel

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

user-facing java is the only thing worse than user-facing flash so not sure what you're trying to get at here

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

echinopsis posted:

hi I'm photoshop and if yo want something bigger than 72 it's uou have to type it in and you can't fine tune me by dragging like any other software

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm-3LFIII1o

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

hopy poo poo

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

lol

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lol

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

wesley snypes posted:

given what the programs are and that they are made by same people and etc it absolutely expected that this would be the case, this is the minimum expected from this workflow

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 351 days!

echinopsis posted:

given what the programs are and that they are made by same people and etc it absolutely expected that this would be the case, this is the minimum expected from this workflow

lol

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
indesign seems ok

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Maximum Leader posted:

indesign seems ok

Insufficient InDesign Enthusiasm is punishable by 2 months labor in Quark Camp

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
the source code for photoshop 1.0.1 is online if for some reason you want to read mostly-uncommented pascal

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies
op, have you considered using physical media. taking some acrylics (or maybe conte crayons if ur feeling saucy), going outside, away from the computer, and arting a sunset

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

isn't that what an arri Alexa is for?

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies
oh, dear

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Kins posted:

the source code for photoshop 1.0.1 is online if for some reason you want to read mostly-uncommented pascal

god what a weanky rear end kissing article

"comments in the code would have gotten in the way"

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

bobbilljim posted:

hopy poo poo

i think u can also put ur cursor over the place where it changes to <-> and then use the scroll wheel

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Elder Postsman posted:

i think u can also put ur cursor over the place where it changes to <-> and then use the scroll wheel

or just resize it with the transform box since it's vectors

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

qirex posted:

or just resize it with the transform box since it's vectors

oh i'm talking just in general, u can do that with a lot of size changing slider things. brush size and whatever too. you know?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

god guys, didnt want to spend more than an hour on the video

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Elder Postsman posted:

oh, no i mean i enjoyed the video. i use gimp because im not some kind of "creator"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

bobbilljim posted:

i use gimp because im not some kind of "creator"

thats it.

you've found gimp's new trademark

• Locked thread