Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
if ronald wasn't there it'd be more interesting

although ballance is next, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Who will stop this fearsome English juggernaut?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Can't believe this but I agree with almost everything Chappell says here.
"How about a World Cup summit?"
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/835995.html

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
He is right about the associates. Bowling matters too much in test cricket and an odi plodder wouldn't get wickets in test cricket. That said Ireland has literally done all that it can do to press the case for full membership.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Bell is so dull I'm going to sleep.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Once Bell gets out or Ali retires after getting his ton they should promote Buttler up the order instead. But they won't do that because of their plans.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
It's pretty disciplined batting to defend 77 kph dross.

Solid stuff England.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Burn Down Canberra posted:

He is right about the associates. Bowling matters too much in test cricket and an odi plodder wouldn't get wickets in test cricket. That said Ireland has literally done all that it can do to press the case for full membership.

Can we not have the idea of full test nations and full ODI nations as separate things? I guess the danger is that if we unlink them it may harm test cricket, as many of the new ones (and even some existing ones) don't care as much about the long form.

Part of what makes it hard for associate nations is what we were talking about a few days ago - top tier cricket is representative, not club based. In soccer the great players all play for top clubs, so even if their home country doesn't have much history or infrastructure or interest they can put a competitive team together for world cups by calling home their boys from Europe.

So if T20 continues to be more of a club sport, with players from many countries able to play with the best in the IPL etc, we might see a more even playing field begin to develop at least in that form of the game.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

what is the reason for not letting people play test matches anyway? I can understand not wanting to organise FTP tours between 20 countries; but if Ireland and Afghanistan wanted to organise a series of five day games in Ireland on the several grounds that they have approved for International cricket with two elite panel umpires why shouldn't they be able to call that a test match? That's the way that International Rugby works and I think it makes sense.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Scotland is crap.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

nah we've got bell out and we're going to bowl england out for less than 200

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Good knock that from Bell.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Wait Ian Bell is still playing? I thought you guys were sick of him like 5 years ago.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Turn on the cricket to watch Ali smack around some scots, gets out instantly.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

At least Ali plays like a modern ODI cricketer, unlike the rest of the English top order who still bat like 260 is a good first innings score.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lmao

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

OMG could England bottle this?

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Please let this happen

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Auditore posted:

Once Bell gets out or Ali retires after getting his ton they should promote Buttler up the order instead. But they won't do that because of their plans.

the english management team have plans? since when? for how long?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Wicket maiden. Nice.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Its happening.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It's happening!!!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Powerplay going to plan.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

rip england

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

lol

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
If losing this means Moores is turfed out then I'm all for it.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

How

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

I should have turned this on earlier if my watching it means England lose wickets.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Morgan to the rescue.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

Wait Ian Bell is still playing? I thought you guys were sick of him like 5 years ago.

I was wondering this too.

There was a point where he wasn't poo poo but I'm starting to wonder if everyone else was actually bad and he never really changed.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Time for little Jimbo Taylor to rebuild the innings.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

He's not bad in tests

although the english ODI openers not that long ago were Cook and Bell, which is pretty lolworthy

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

3 wickets for 4 runs in the space of 3 overs after cruising to 200. you can imagine if ali wasnt in this side theyd be in serious trouble right about now

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I like that Morgan's highest score came against Ireland.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I know aggressive batting is over hyped and there is a place for a controlled innings.

But if you allow a 80kph bowler his full 10 allotment of overs and for 5 an over you gotta wonder.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I heard that it was a superb stumping. Please let me know if anyone comes across a vid or gif.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
gif

http://www.cricingif.com/Ball/60417

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

thanks so much!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

-Spiffy- posted:

I know aggressive batting is over hyped and there is a place for a controlled innings.

But if you allow a 80kph bowler his full 10 allotment of overs and for 5 an over you gotta wonder.

please, haq bowls at 65km/h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
:siren: 300 :siren: