Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Unicorn poop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Gorilla Salad posted:

Unicorn poop?

Delicious unicorn poop, or coloured dumplings. It could go either way.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I never get tired of trying out new soap

And my current brush is 5-6 years old, time to replace it

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I got one of these little bastards and cannot get it to stick to my windshield. Does anyone know the trick with these? There's a flat suction cup you under that dial, you set it on the surface and then twist that dial to lock it down but mine just falls off.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

colas posted:

I got one of these little bastards and cannot get it to stick to my windshield. Does anyone know the trick with these? There's a flat suction cup you under that dial, you set it on the surface and then twist that dial to lock it down but mine just falls off.

Usually you need moisture (read: spit)

http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/1188/how-to-make-gps-suction-cup-mounts-stick

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

It's been an expensive week.

Droid Turbo 32MB in "ballistic nylon" ... stupid name, but a cool looking, fast phone.

BenQ 27" that was about $150 with I signed up for an Amazon credit card. I'll probably regret both decisions.

lovely 32" TV for the wife, so she has something to distract her while she runs on the treadmill:

A pair of Cooper RS3As to replace the tread-bare ones on my car.

Not pictured: the new timing belt and waterpump for the car, the 100' of quad-shielded cable needed to hook the TV up, and a roof rake for the house, since we have had a snowstorm every week for the past month.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Amazon presents are the best presents.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

null_pointer posted:

Droid Turbo 32MB in "ballistic nylon" ... stupid name, but a cool looking, fast phone.

As much as I love my iPhone, I have to say, Motorola is making probably the most aesthetically pleasing phones at the moment. If I had to ditch it, I'd definitely go for a leather Moto X, that's a nice looking phone.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Coffee And Pie posted:

As much as I love my iPhone, I have to say, Motorola is making probably the most aesthetically pleasing phones at the moment. If I had to ditch it, I'd definitely go for a leather Moto X, that's a nice looking phone.

I agree that the Moto X line looks nice, but the Droid lines look ugly as sin, IMO.

Too much channeling of Extreme PC Case Mods from 2005.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

For my D600. Gonna be fun on the bun :dance:

Okay it's for taking a self photo shoot, but it'll make it easier to take shots like this:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

null_pointer posted:

lovely 32" TV for the wife, so she has something to distract her while she runs on the treadmill:

it's weird but the a few of the samsung 32" poo poo-level TVs have really low lag input. Not quite the Ben-Q / Asus V236H level but drat close.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

null_pointer posted:

Bought the 64gb version a month or so ago. Such an awesome phone.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I agree that the Moto X line looks nice, but the Droid lines look ugly as sin, IMO.

Throw a nice incipio case on it, you'll never know it was ugly, and it's the IMO nicest phone on the market with Motorola's feature set.

http://www.incipio.com/cases/smartphone-cases/motorola-smartphone-cases/motorola-droid-turbo-cases/dualpro-case-motorola-droid-turbo.html

That in the cyan/grey looks amazing in person.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

null_pointer posted:

BenQ 27" that was about $150 with I signed up for an Amazon credit card. I'll probably regret both decisions.

A pair of Cooper RS3As to replace the tread-bare ones on my car.

Not pictured: the new timing belt and waterpump for the car, the 100' of quad-shielded cable needed to hook the TV up, and a roof rake for the house, since we have had a snowstorm every week for the past month.

Next time skip some of the digital toys and replace all four tires at once.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

Next time skip some of the digital toys and replace all four tires at once.

Front ones had plenty of tread left, but the back ones were getting pretty close to bare. Plus: don't shop shame, please.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

null_pointer posted:

Front ones had plenty of tread left, but the back ones were getting pretty close to bare. Plus: don't shop shame, please.

I'm not shaming, I'm advising for your safety.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

Mom, I told you to stay off the internet.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Also, rotate your tires occassionally

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Hey what were those amazing work boots everyone was squawking about?

I skimmed the last 5-6 pages and didn't see them.

Red something?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

DrBouvenstein posted:

Does it matter though? I don't think I know a single person that doesn't have their phone in either a case or with a designed skin applied to it.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

davebo posted:

Does it matter though? I don't think I know a single person that doesn't have their phone in either a case or with a designed skin applied to it.

Phone cases are for people who are clumsy and/or sissies.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

HaB posted:

Hey what were those amazing work boots everyone was squawking about?

I skimmed the last 5-6 pages and didn't see them.

Red something?

Probably Red Wing.

Furcifer
Apr 20, 2007
It's Furcifer, not Lucifer

Trabant posted:

Friend of mine put his brand new Sony Z3 (with gorilla glass on both sides) on a granite countertop that was ever so slightly not level; phone fell off the counter after a few minutes. No damage, but it's now encased in a case. I guess the situation is a culmination of poor phone design and poor purchasing decision - still a nice phone phone regardless

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trabant posted:

I'd like my $5-800 device still looking nice and not being all scratched to hell three to four years from now when I decide to upgrade.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

PCOS Bill posted:

I'd like my $5-800 device still looking nice and not being all scratched to hell three to four years from now when I decide to upgrade.

And I like my phone to be as slim and as light as possible.

Opinions vary from person to person? Who knew!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

internet inc posted:

Psssh, that's dumb. Bulky and heavy is the way to go. That's why I embed my phones in a block of cast iron 6in. thick. I pay a small Guatemalan child to carry it around for me.

In other news I bought some dangerously sharp things to rub my face against:

Feather DE razor

and a sample pack of DE razors to go with it.

$24 for all of it via Amazon.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

internet inc posted:

Opinions vary from person to person? Who knew!

WOW WHO KNEW!

It's not like I was responding to someone insulting people for their deci-

Trabant posted:

Oh

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Crain posted:

Psssh, that's dumb. Bulky and heavy is the way to go. That's why I embed my phones in a block of cast iron 6in. thick. I pay a small Guatemalan child to carry it around for me.

In other news I bought some dangerously sharp things to rub my face against:

Feather DE razor

and a sample pack of DE razors to go with it.

$24 for all of it via Amazon.

Feather blades forever.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SaltLick posted:

Feather blades forever.

I found Feathers to be terrible in my first DE razor and didn't come to appreciate them until I had gotten an adjustable. My portable kit still uses the fixed gap DE razor and Astras, while my home setup uses a Fatboy + Feathers. Love that thing, way too tempted to pick up a better condition gold one than the beat up one I have. That and I am currently taking a break from shaving to be bearded.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

So why should you replace all four at once with front or rear drive cars?

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Because you should be rotating them over the lifetime of the tires, meaning that they will end up wearing evenly overall. If you only have 2 bad tires, you (or the previous owner) hosed up at some point.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

If you replace your fronts the same time you replace your rears on something rwd with power you're an actual retard.
I think I go about 3 sets of rears to a set of fronts.
I'm gay.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Great book.

Pretty decent so far.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Bape Culture posted:

If you replace your fronts the same time you replace your rears on something rwd with power you're an actual retard.
I think I go about 3 sets of rears to a set of fronts.
I'm gay.

Doing skids is dangerous and should be banned, you're a menace to society.

I've bought tickets to go see these guys:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

PCOS Bill posted:

It's not like I was responding to someone insulting people for their deci-

Sorry about your butterfingers, butterfingers.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

este posted:

Because you should be rotating them over the lifetime of the tires, meaning that they will end up wearing evenly overall. If you only have 2 bad tires, you (or the previous owner) hosed up at some point.

And therein lies the problem; do I drop an extra $300 or so on two additional tires, just so I can rotate them, or do I just buy two so that I can buy other cool things and then post in this thread? A real pickle, no doubt about it ...

Get back to posting cool things, goons! :argh:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Bogan Krkic posted:

Doing skids is dangerous and should be banned, you're a menace to society.

I've bought tickets to go see these guys:

I think the most fun I've had at a concert was the Aquabats in 2008. I saw them again last year and since their kid's show it's definitely a different crowd, but still a great time. I wish they came to the east coast more often.

chuck2020
Jan 14, 2007
Bought these last week, just in time for a giant snow storm where I couldn't where them. Steve Madden Harsens:

I've never owned shoes like this before. Is there something I should put on them to keep them in good condition?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bought some books for my kindle

colas
Feb 14, 2007

How many times do you old fashioned razor users butcher your faces before getting the hang of it? I heard my grandfather used to nick himself even though that's all he ever used. I kinda wanna try it but I also just got a costco pack of mach 3 refills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

colas posted:

How many times do you old fashioned razor users butcher your faces before getting the hang of it? I heard my grandfather used to nick himself even though that's all he ever used. I kinda wanna try it but I also just got a costco pack of mach 3 refills.

Nah. Not with those razors. I've used those for years and never really cut myself. Now a straight razor is another story.