Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

ASK ME HOW FAR LEBRON'S DICK CAN FIT INSIDE MY MOUTH

Shwqa posted:

Tiny thief is a good one. The first three campaigns are free to play. I think it is $2 to unlock the last two of the main game. And another $3 for the expansion pack.

Tiny thief is...not a chess game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

mphill posted:

Oh dang it. I misread the post. I thought he/she was asking for similar types of apps for kids. :blush:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Swagger Dagger posted:

The survivor zombination guilds keep filling up with randos because they're all set to open.

I applied to the zombie one with the username trips.

I'm assuming Goon Squad Redux is the guild name? If so, I applied with the username RhoA.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

TraderStav posted:

My 7 year old son just got interested in Chess today and after playing a few games with him I thought it'd be great to load up something on his iPad that can further teach him and let him play against the computer. Even better if they have 'for kids' oriented tutorials. I'm very irritated by much of the app store with the free games for kids littered with ads and other crap so looking for a goon endorsed version. Would be willing to pay, but free is always better.

Recommendations?

Thanks!

I haven't tried this one personally, but it looks like your best bet:

Chess Academy for Kids by Geek Kids
https://appsto.re/us/qpSpE.i

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

mphill posted:

Chess is just another roguelike anyway.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 22, 2015

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
joined goon squad redux as tikan

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

The chess recommendation in the past has always been Shredder Chess. The difficulty is very scalable, and you can always ask to see a recommended move. Not sure if it is better or worse for kids though.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
is waiting for stamina in world zombination the hard paywall or is there a way around it?

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

Orvin posted:

The chess recommendation in the past has always been Shredder Chess. The difficulty is very scalable, and you can always ask to see a recommended move. Not sure if it is better or worse for kids though.

Shredder Chess is a good chess app, though I prefer Chess Pro (Shredder Chess is cheaper). But while Shredder does include some tactics puzzles, it doesn't really explain them at all, and I don't think they would help a new person learn very much.

I'd also recommend anyone learning chess to check out YouTube.

Kitten Baubles
May 10, 2008
I kicked a few people from Goons Need Brains- didn't realise pubbies would even find the thing. If any innocent goons were culled just reapply.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

is waiting for stamina in world zombination the hard paywall or is there a way around it?

Ways to speed up stamina regen:
* Get in a good, high-level guild. At max guild level, it's 35 minutes per tick, down from an hour.
* Leveling a unit refills its stamina.

Ways around it:
* Once you have enough units of decent level, you can swap them around forming an A team, B team, etc. So while you play with one team, the others are regening.
* Play the other side while waiting. Swap back and forth between sides combining with the above and you can play (mostly) indefinitely.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
If that Seabeard goon is still around PM me - I'd like a Seabeard bro, just started.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

devilmouse posted:

Ways to speed up stamina regen:
* Get in a good, high-level guild. At max guild level, it's 35 minutes per tick, down from an hour.
* Leveling a unit refills its stamina.

Ways around it:
* Once you have enough units of decent level, you can swap them around forming an A team, B team, etc. So while you play with one team, the others are regening.
* Play the other side while waiting. Swap back and forth between sides combining with the above and you can play (mostly) indefinitely.

If I use Quick Battle. Does that just put a timer on them? If I actually play through, the timer won't start?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Kitten Baubles posted:

I kicked a few people from Goons Need Brains- didn't realise pubbies would even find the thing. If any innocent goons were culled just reapply.

Sent a request, same name as here.

Do I need another account in order to play the opposite team?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

obi_ant posted:

If I use Quick Battle. Does that just put a timer on them? If I actually play through, the timer won't start?

When quick is introduced it tells you that it uses the entire bar instead of 1/3. The main time to use quick is if you have a few minutes say in line at the store, program installing whatever. It is a ton quicker but it is going to take a ton longer to regenerate the stam.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Does someone want to make an invite only survivor clan? Seems like we screwed up leaving these open.

Senturion
Jul 29, 2013

Considering SA Goon Squad 1-3 are full, I just created #4 for survivors on Zombination.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Lt_Tofu posted:

Does someone want to make an invite only survivor clan? Seems like we screwed up leaving these open.

Yeah, I think this would be wise. In the #2 guild it seems like over half aren't goons, or just don't even want to play.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you
I grabbed the last slot in goon squad 2 and I guess this is the thread it asks me to post in.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
Edit - Closed the guild, join up with one of the other now private goon guilds.

Soma Soma Soma fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 22, 2015

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Soma Soma Soma posted:

I made an invite only clan for humans, "Goons With Guns"

Post here with your game name and I'll approve the application.

Just joined as Ghrrrr

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Soma Soma Soma posted:

I made an invite only clan for humans, "Goons With Guns"

Post here with your game name and I'll approve the application.

Hi.

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Is World of Zombination popular enough to warrant its own thread? Might be better to coordinate guilds outside of the iOS general thread. In before 100 posts of "applied to goon guild as xyz."

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I've locked SA Goons #2 and I'm going to start clearing the roster. If I kick you reapply and post here.

Deadset
Dec 5, 2004

Kitten Baubles posted:

I kicked a few people from SA Goon Squad - didn't realise pubbies would even find the thing. If any innocent goons were culled just reapply.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

JayKay posted:

I've locked SA Goons #2 and I'm going to start clearing the roster. If I kick you reapply and post here.

Going to close down the other guild I started then, expect my app shortly and probably the apps of the two others I invited.

Soma Soma Soma fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 22, 2015

Senturion
Jul 29, 2013

JayKay posted:

Same with #4, but since it was just opened, clearing probably will be delayed.

emormu
Jan 16, 2012
In SA Goon Squad 2 as Emormu.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Wait how many Goon clans are open now?

JonnyRevolta
Dec 21, 2010
Just sent a request for SA Goon Squad, same username

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Roshambo posted:

Is World of Zombination popular enough to warrant its own thread? Might be better to coordinate guilds outside of the iOS general thread. In before 100 posts of "applied to goon guild as xyz."

It seems like it has enough substance and potential strategy to warrant it, yes. I mean, The Battlecats thread is still sort of active and that's just a game about creepy cats.

Senturion
Jul 29, 2013

obi_ant posted:

Wait how many Goon clans are open now?
4-5 for survivors from my understanding

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

JayKay posted:

Just joined as Ghrrrr. Is this humans or zombies or does it not matter in the long run?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Applied to SA goons 2 with my humans dude, and started a guild raid thing on my zombie dude. What do the raids do?

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

two_step posted:

Applied to SA goons 2 with my humans dude, and started a guild raid thing on my zombie dude. What do the raids do?

The raids have really sweet bonuses for the top ten contributors for each phase, but it seems tough to hit the 2nd and 3rd levels of the raid bonus unless everyone is really putting in some effort.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Applied to sa goon squad as Campbell

Also goon squad redux on zombie side

Campbell fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 23, 2015

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The last two pages have been about invites and guilds, I think you can make another thread at this point.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mad Wack posted:

If that Seabeard goon is still around PM me - I'd like a Seabeard bro, just started.

Sorry seabeard bro, I don't got plantinum. I bought archive instead and currently have no money (getting married and moving to new state is really expensive by the way).

So you can email me at stephenrichmo@gmail.com. or just add me on game center my name is "shwqa" on it as well. That way you can come to big lebowski island and send me a message in game.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Requested joining SA Goon Squad #1 as "seanksii." Sorry to add to the thread spam, but there isn't a thread yet and I probably don't really know enough about the game to make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

tuyop posted:

It seems like it has enough substance and potential strategy to warrant it, yes. I mean, The Battlecats thread is still sort of active and that's just a game about creepy cats.

Listen here, motherfucker.