Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Get loving ready

Nooooo :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love Liam

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Did last week's podcast talk about the Gex square-enix thing?

tokyo_vamp
Jan 17, 2015

poisoned by cowboy killers

Captain Invictus posted:

Wow that's a kinda lovely attitude comment of his, but I guess a voice actor might not know that A: they get a shitload of comments and his was probably drowned out and B: they probably skim comments once and then never go back to them

If he really wanted to get in touch I don't know why he didn't contact them directly.

i think he was just being neutral, it doesnt seem like he was giving an attitude.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?

hoobajoo posted:

Yeah, what a passive-aggressive baby. Waah, I wasn't invited as a guest on a show that never has guests, senpai didn't notice me, waaaaah.

"They didn't notice or didn't care" is a pretty neutral response to not getting a reply. I have absolutely no idea how you got the impression that he was being a baby.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
It sounds like he's disappointed he didn't hear back, but he's not being rude about this at all. Not sure why people are ragging on him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That funeral segment is the funniest thing you guys have done since Battle Construction Vehicles.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Unit24 posted:

"They didn't notice or didn't care" is a pretty neutral response to not getting a reply. I have absolutely no idea how you got the impression that he was being a baby.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I read it as "They ignored or didn't like me", it just seems so weird to bring it up in the first place. Like, he's placing all of the blame on TBFP implicitly because they didn't respond to a video comment that was posted AFTER they had already planned their playthrough. It's never good form to talk about people that you didn't work with, and even if you want to, there's much more positive ways to phrase that. Maybe he didn't mean it that way at all, but it comes out like that to me.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 22, 2015

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
This is all fun and good guys but pretty sure it was just "oh they didn't get back with me. Oh well I'll ask someone else."

I mean he's going to be on the podcast with them at some point. Per Guy Cihi's Facebook

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

havenwaters posted:

This is all fun and good guys but pretty sure it was just "oh they didn't get back with me. Oh well I'll ask someone else."

I mean he's going to be on the podcast with them at some point. Per Guy Cihi's Facebook

Finally, another Super Guest Friends segment.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Either Pat is going to lose his mind during the podcast or we're going to get super professional Did You Know Gaming-voice Pat

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Blockhouse posted:

Either Pat is going to lose his mind during the podcast or we're going to get super professional Did You Know Gaming-voice Pat

Either way, this is one of the biggest reasons that I look forward to the Podcast every Tuesday night at work.

I'm not even 7 minutes into the MK: Armageddon video and can already tell it's going to be one of the best.

Edit: Hahaha @ 46 minutes in when Woolie goes "WHO THE gently caress IS SAREENA?!"

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 23, 2015

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

Either way, this is one of the biggest reasons that I look forward to the Podcast every Tuesday night at work.

I'm not even 7 minutes into the MK: Armageddon video and can already tell it's going to be one of the best.

Yeah, imhp the 'batsu have been fuckin on point this year.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only reason I knew who Sareena was, was because Retsupurae did a video on that single player Subzero game. I think she immediately died for no reason.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tae posted:

The only reason I knew who Sareena was, was because Retsupurae did a video on that single player Subzero game. I think she immediately died for no reason.

I think she was the guardian or whatever that Sub Zero saved

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

havenwaters posted:

This week in fact.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Distance looks pretty amazing, but is the sudden and abrupt ending to the video supposed to be that way?

also, is Guy Cihi even interesting enough to talk to at length? like does he actually care about SH2 or is he just mad at Konami?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dude really likes the game a lot (and I can't blame him!). Dunno if he has the energy to do podcasts though, from what I've seen of the guy he's kind of a slow/thoughtful talker. Good for interviews, not so good for live stuff. That said, I haven't watched Fungo's playthrough stream of SH2 that had him on though I do plan on it, so maybe I'm wrong!

edit: He does have lots of thinly-veiled dislike for Konami though which I will never stop finding funny.

Further edit: Watchin' it now and he's actually not doing so bad. He clarifies early on that he doesn't do stuff like this very often which did not get my hopes up very high but as they go further into it he chills out a bit. Fungo keeps cutting him off though :argh:

I will remain excited for the podcast!

vvv You should, it's pretty fantastic and it's aged surprisingly well for an almost 15 year old game.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 23, 2015

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Between the LP, Fungo's stream and now the podcast I really need to get around to playing through Silent Hill 2.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Between the LP, Fungo's stream and now the podcast I really need to get around to playing through Silent Hill 2.

Don't forget Voidburger's excellent LP

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Dude really likes the game a lot (and I can't blame him!). Dunno if he has the energy to do podcasts though, from what I've seen of the guy he's kind of a slow/thoughtful talker. Good for interviews, not so good for live stuff. That said, I haven't watched Fungo's playthrough stream of SH2 that had him on though I do plan on it, so maybe I'm wrong!

edit: He does have lots of thinly-veiled dislike for Konami though which I will never stop finding funny.

Further edit: Watchin' it now and he's actually not doing so bad. He clarifies early on that he doesn't do stuff like this very often which did not get my hopes up very high but as they go further into it he chills out a bit. Fungo keeps cutting him off though :argh:

I will remain excited for the podcast!

vvv You should, it's pretty fantastic and it's aged surprisingly well for an almost 15 year old game.

I looked up that 2 hour silent hill hd collection review that Pat mentioned early on in the review and there's lots of Guy Cihi stuff in there and I think he comes off pretty well- he knew his rights as a voice actor and didn't want to get poo poo on.

I think that both Troy Baker and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn came off very badly as dismissive company men assassinating his character the way they did in the clips shown and they should have just kept their mouths shut about him. Seemed like very poor taste to publicly rag on a dude that seemed to be completely based on heresay. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn in particular sounded very arrogant and mean about it in those panel clips they had of her.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

beep by grandpa posted:

I looked up that 2 hour silent hill hd collection review that Pat mentioned early on in the review and there's lots of Guy Cihi stuff in there and I think he comes off pretty well- he knew his rights as a voice actor and didn't want to get poo poo on.

Not a big fan of the Twin Perfect stuff personally. It seems like they choose a conclusion first and then select the evidence that supports it. Plus, they're apparently really infamous for being incredibly rude and aggressive towards people that disagree with their interpretation.

E: Haha, whoops.

The HD collection review is fine but I don't like their other SH2 stuff

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 23, 2015

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I hope the reason you're showing the like to dislike ratio because the first second of the video has explicit instructions to dislike the video as a message to Konami.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Distance looks pretty amazing, but is the sudden and abrupt ending to the video supposed to be that way?

also, is Guy Cihi even interesting enough to talk to at length? like does he actually care about SH2 or is he just mad at Konami?

It's hosed on the website. Check the YouTube version, it's 46 minutes long.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
I wonder if those guys realize that like-to-dislike ratio makes it easier for videos to get flagged.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wonder if they realize a Japanese company is not looking at Youtube dislikes and going to make their company decisions based on that.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

I wonder if they realize a Japanese company is not looking at any kind of games journalism or criticism like ever and generally don't give a poo poo unless they're Harada and going to make their company decisions based on that.

fixed that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My friend really enjoyed the Chrono Trigger LP and did some fanart of it while watching the last episode.. Thought I'd share :v:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My friend really enjoyed the Chrono Trigger LP and did some fanart of it while watching the last episode.. Thought I'd share :v:

I didn't know Pats mom was in Chrono Trigger.

Lol JK that's some good poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ICWOP8fQGo

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Just finished the last Game of Thrones video and I'm going to be mildly disappointed if coal boy doesn't turn out to be one of the "little birds" or some other kind of spy.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lmbo 1 minute into this SMRPG update and Liam immediately throws away literally the most useful consumable item in the game without reading its description.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

beep by grandpa posted:

Lmbo 1 minute into this SMRPG update and Liam immediately throws away literally the most useful consumable item in the game without reading its description.

Eh, he had an inventory full of good items and "the most useful consumable item in the game" is literally "two rounds of damage from the current party".

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Of which was a regular rear end mushroom. Tell me you seriously don't see why that is loving hilarious, dude.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Was it a Red Essence? Gonna make the Culex fight a lot harder I bet

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It was a rock candy, which I'd consider much, much more useful against culex than the red essence (but the other way around for Smithy).

edit: I should say I haven't played the game in like 15 years but if memory serves, red essence makes you invincible for something like 3 turns, and rock candy does 250 (maybe more?) damage to every enemy on the screen which is super useful against culex since some of his crystals have super high defense and self-revive after a while.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

beep by grandpa posted:

It was a rock candy, which I'd consider much, much more useful against culex than the red essence (but the other way around for Smithy).

edit: I should say I haven't played the game in like 15 years but if memory serves, red essence makes you invincible for something like 3 turns, and rock candy does 250 (maybe more?) damage to every enemy on the screen which is super useful against culex since some of his crystals have super high defense and self-revive after a while.

200 to every thing on the screen. Culex is the only place where it actually makes a difference because it's a babby game for babbies. Plus, it's not like the game tells you it's 200 damage a pop until you use it, isn't the description super-generic and poo poo? It was kinda funny when you knew what it was, but it's not a huge strategical blunder - pretty sure Lazy Shells break even Culex.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

beep by grandpa posted:

That's assuming that they'd know what to do with it/used it correctly.

EDIT: Based off previous episodes, even if Liam had picked it up I reckon they'd have "tested it" in some random fight, or left it sitting in their inventory forever.

DPM fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 24, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dias posted:

200 to every thing on the screen. Culex is the only place where it actually makes a difference because it's a babby game for babbies. Plus, it's not like the game tells you it's 200 damage a pop until you use it, isn't the description super-generic and poo poo? It was kinda funny when you knew what it was, but it's not a huge strategical blunder - pretty sure Lazy Shells break even Culex.

I beat Culex with Peach by herself because of the Lazy Shell, literally nothing in this game is going to give them ANY trouble except the possibility of the dojo and that's only if Jinx spams his One hit kill move on everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Charles Martel posted:

Edit: Hahaha @ 46 minutes in when Woolie goes "WHO THE gently caress IS SAREENA?!"

Also I have to commend Matt for taking the time to unlock all that poo poo. :stare: