Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Lurdiak posted:

I wasn't being a dick. :(
Ah, my apologies then dude. It felt like one of those nerd putdowns, demanding the other guy acknowledge their ignorance, when it would have been faster to just answer the question. I see a lot of gatekeeper behaviour in my hobbies, so I tend to aggressively respond to it.

Zero_Tactility posted:

The new Ms. Marvel is a shapeshifter

Ms Marvel #2

She's also delightful

Ms Marvel #6

Ms Marvel #8
She totally is! I've been really glad to see the new audiences her book has been reaching, and I hope her books remain just as fun and open forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Mega Man 43

And because I love a good cover homage gag, here's a the cover to Batman and Robin 39:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Lurdiak posted:

First google image search result for "Reed Richards urine"

The funniest(?) part for me is that we already have entire industries devoted to creating potable water from sewage and thanks to the numerous purification processes involved the water is probably cleaner than most of the stuff we drink.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zero_Tactility posted:

The new Ms. Marvel is a shapeshifter
She's also delightful

Ms Marvel #6

Jake Wyatt draws the best Ms. Marvel.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Sometimes I'm really tempted to be a sarcastic dick to people who are too lazy to do even a cursory Google search and say "Gee, if only we had the world's largest and most sophisticated free search engine at our fingertips... OH WAIT WE loving DO!"

In their defense, the search "Reed Richards Urine" can also net someone some sights that no amounts of bleach can remove.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Say Nothing posted:

Jake Wyatt draws the best Ms. Marvel.

It was lovely art for a filler story but I wouldn't trade him for Adrian Alphona.

Her hair has a ?! in it. :3:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Pureauthor posted:

The funniest(?) part for me is that we already have entire industries devoted to creating potable water from sewage and thanks to the numerous purification processes involved the water is probably cleaner than most of the stuff we drink.

Given his origin story involved spaceflight he's being a bit precious about drinking recycling urine.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Jake Wyatt did SP//dr too. I'd love him on a more permanent Marvel book.

Seriously:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Given his origin story involved spaceflight he's being a bit precious about drinking recycling urine.

It was a teleporter accident in the Ultimates universe.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Heatwizard posted:

I don't buy a whole a lot of comics, so I just kind of assumed she was a flying brick like the rest of the characters to use the name.

Yeah, it's actually kind of refreshing to see a legacy character who takes the name but has different powers from the original. Although Kamala was apparently originally supposed to idolise Mr. Fantastic and call herself 'Ms. Fantastic'.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Stolen from the costume thread.

One of life's most important questions.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Before this moment, I never knew that I wanted Danny DeVito to play Metamorpho, but there it is.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 22, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So was Lockjaw and inhuman dog, or was he a normal inhuman who turned dog shaped and now everyone treats him like he's a real dog? Cause that would be pretty lovely.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
He's a dog.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

So was Lockjaw and inhuman dog, or was he a normal inhuman who turned dog shaped and now everyone treats him like he's a real dog? Cause that would be pretty lovely.

I'm pretty sure it was the latter, then like you said, all the writers realized that was really lovely, so they retconned him as "no he was always a big dog"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, that's a lovely life. Walking around naked all day, eating, humping or peeing on whatever and licking his own crotch whenever he feels like. People just constantly coming up and hug him and giving him tasty meats and telling him he is good. A living hell, for sure.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He was a dog, then one writer said he was an Inhuman, then literally every single living being on the planet went "No that is loving stupid, did you even think that through for a second?" and he was a dog again.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah hey wait, I wanna be lockjaw!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He's smarter than the average dog, either way.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

He's smarter than the average dog, either way.

Ranger Boltagon isn't going to like this...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pureauthor posted:

Bill Gates is the real world Reed Richards.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/6/7502271/watch-bill-gates-drink-water-that-used-to-be-human-poop

And for the record, that panel is by Brian Bendis, not Warren Ellis. Ultimate Clone Saga.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Boogaleeboo posted:

He was a dog, then one writer said he was an Inhuman, then literally every single living being on the planet went "No that is loving stupid, did you even think that through for a second?" and he was a dog again.

His ability to talk was retconned into being a prank played by Karnak and Gorgon on Ben Grimm (they used a hidden radio receiver in Lockjaw's collar). True story.

Here's the page.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah but how'd he get his powers and stuff? Did they just put a puppy in the Terrigen thingy?

Or I guess all dogs from Atillan are just like that. :iiam:

Wizbang
Jan 13, 2005

"Y...you...oh...okay. I'll...
I'll be here if you change your mind...
we can be space cowboys together later...

Lurdiak posted:

It was lovely art for a filler story but I wouldn't trade him for Adrian Alphona.

Her hair has a ?! in it. :3:

I've been trying to build a habit of looking closely at the art while reading comics, but I missed that. So great!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah but how'd he get his powers and stuff? Did they just put a puppy in the Terrigen thingy?

Or I guess all dogs from Atillan are just like that. :iiam:

He is a dog that has been Terrigen uplifted; presumably all dogs have that potential.

That the retcon doesn't make a whole lot more sense in the context of the original story, but it was one of those things that really needed to be reverted.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think he was Black Bolt's doggie.

Makes sense on why he's got the head fork anyway.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, I always just assumed he was Black Bolt's Krypto.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He's just a magic dog, sometimes dogs are magic. What of it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Better deal than the other inhuman teleporter, where people had to crawl inside his mouth.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

SynthOrange posted:

Better deal than the other inhuman teleporter, where people had to crawl inside his mouth.

Cudlick from TMNT?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I swear we only recently had the 'is Lockjaw an Inhuman or a dog?' discussion in another thread.

And someone posted this link, which covers most of it.

Basically: Lockjaw is in fact sentient, whether he was originally Inhuman or Incanine is still up in the air, he's happy as the giantest dog. :smugdog:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Boogaleeboo posted:

He's just a magic dog, sometimes dogs are magic. What of it?

This reminds me of my favourite thing I realised when I decided to read through some of Claremont's old X Men stuff, is that most of the people the X Men know who aren't mutants are also some bizarre comic book thing like a sorceress, or a secret alien or a clone or a ninja or something. I love the idea that comic book worlds are just chock full of this kind of poo poo everywhere. Going to any random school, there's probably at least one kid in the football team who is part cyborg because of a childhood car crash and some student teacher who had a freak accident involving a radioactive puppy and has very minor looking cute and chewing on furniture powers and it's just an accepted part of life like having a speech impediment or something.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I swear we only recently had the 'is Lockjaw an Inhuman or a dog?' discussion in another thread.

And someone posted this link, which covers most of it.

Basically: Lockjaw is in fact sentient, whether he was originally Inhuman or Incanine is still up in the air, he's happy as the giantest dog. :smugdog:

How does Lockjaw being sentient make him different from any other dog?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sentient in the colloquial usage of "human-level intelligence" rather than the proper usage.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Sapient, or sophont if you're nerdy.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Ghostlight posted:

Sentient in the colloquial usage of "human-level intelligence" rather than the proper usage.

I was actually going more for sappy than literal.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Look at the piggies!

Sadly, the issue becomes something else besides super pigs a couple pages later.

Sensation Comics 22

Fake edit: Crap, forgot to edit out the black bars. Oh well, they don't look that bad.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Are the heroes and villains suppose to be kids in this or is the art style just making everything look cute?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

SilverSupernova posted:

Are the heroes and villains suppose to be kids in this or is the art style just making everything look cute?

It's partially Mike Maihack's style (he does the kids friendly comic Cleopatra in Space), partially story related.

It's a story a little girl is telling while playing with her sister's dolls/action figures. She then gets in trouble for drawing cheetah spots on her sister's Barbie, saves her sister from an attacking dog, then they play Wonder Woman together.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Uthor posted:

Sadly, the issue becomes something else besides super pigs a couple pages later.

Sensation Comics 22

Fake edit: Crap, forgot to edit out the black bars. Oh well, they don't look that bad.

Everyone knows that only thing that can defeat Circe is through the power of singing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncj-wpBhr5E